Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i might be leaving

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

i might be leaving Empty
Posti might be leaving

i might be leaving 200

yeah, here's another update.

my parents have known about wcc ever since i've been on it. they've been fine with me using it, but they know that my summer ends in the end of july. they're REALLY intense when it comes to schoolwork and... work in general, and they think that wcc is a complete waste of time. they want me to be focused. even though they've threatened me multiple times on the subject of getting me off of wcc, i think they really mean it, now.

it's not like i want to leave. wcc has been a safe haven for me, a place to "escape" reality, and now that i've had the chance to get to know so many of you, i really want to stay.

but my parents obviously won't buy all that "sappy stuff".

i can try my hardest to convince them that i should stay, but my parents are awfully strict, and they barely ever change their mind when it comes to things like this. if my parents force me off of wcc now, then will i ever come back later? probably, but that would be when i go off to college in a year.

maybe i'll be able to convince them during my birthday tomorrow, but i still have my doubts.

i hate it when sudden things happen like this.

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

i might be leaving :: Comments

Cays
Re: i might be leaving
Post Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 17:19 by Cays
Harlem nooo! We need you! Sparrowpaw needs you! (Fingers crossed about convincing your folks <3 )
Transient
Post Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 18:43 by Transient
Noooooo! It's terrible when you have to leave because you're being forced to.

I'm actually sort of in the same situation myself, but I seem to have a higher chance of being able to stay. Nevertheless, it doesn't stop from feeling stressed out. I really hope you can convince your parents... We'll really miss you if you go :'(
Harlem
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 11:45 by Harlem
update -

my parents and i have somewhat come to a compromise.

i've told them all about the site, what happens on here, and the current role that i have as leader of skyclan. they said, and i quote,

"Harley, we don't want all of your time to be wasted on this site."

clearly, they still don't understand.

i continued to ask them over and over again if i could stay on wcc. i told them about what it's done for me, how happy the community makes me, and how i actually feel like i finally belong somewhere. i told them that wcc really helps my writing skills, and they kept that in mind as they made a final decision.

so, about five minutes ago, they told me that i'll be able to stay.

HOWEVER,

i'll have to get rid of poplarstar.

i was looking forward to at least having a good full year with poplarstar was leader. skyclan has had too many rapid leader changes, and i find it very unfair to the clan that all their leaders keep dying and such. unfortunately, though, i'm left without a choice.

either i kill off poplarstar and continue on normally with wcc, or i get taken off of wcc until my senior year of high school is over.

either way, poplarstar ends up getting killed off. so, i suppose it would be good to just get rid of poplarstar, keep the rest of my cats, and move on normally with wcc.

"Get rid of him today, in front of us, where we can see, and we'll let you stay on WCC."

they claim that they're doing this just for my good, but, my good is on here...
i can't change their minds, now. they've stuck with their decision, and if i keep bugging them, then they'll probably just get angry and pull me off of the site.

so, um, yeah.

tl;dr - my parents said i could stay on wcc and keep my characters as long as i get rid of poplarstar.

if you have any further questions, please send me a PM. i'm upset about this, too, and if i could keep poplarstar, then i would.

i won't be doing any posting, today, since it's my birthday and i have to go places for that and the fourth of july. the only posts you'll see from me today is poplarstar's the official death report and a post in the starclan cat masterlist sign-ups.

i feel like this is my fault, so, once again, i'm sorry.

~ harlem
Cays
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 11:58 by Cays
I'm so glad you get to stay with your other characters at least.

It's not your fault this happened. Who knew Rping on a warrior cat site of all things would get all up in your parents nerves.

-hugs- x 1 million

Kent Mansley
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 12:08 by Kent Mansley
Oof, this is why I didn't share the site with my parents. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. You earned that position. Hopefully you can become leader again eventually.
Yoshachu
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 13:37 by Yoshachu
I'm very sorry that this is happening to you... But at least you do get to stay. Even if it means giving up Poplarstar, you'll still have the rest of us here with you. <3

I just also hope SkyClan will be able to recover from this; after all, Tinylegs is the temporary deputy, right?
ruska
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 14:04 by ruska
i'm so sorry that this is happening. even though it means you can't continue as skyclan leader, i'm glad that you can stay. it's not your fault. <3
Lulu
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 14:09 by Lulu
i'm really sorry about all that. at least you can stay <3
Inky Pawprints
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:30 by Inky Pawprints
As sucky as this may sound, I kinda understand you there. My parents are also of the kind that think that if I’m not working, studying or doing something “productive” (Aka. Online courses to improve my skills and rank up in my work through that), they think I’m doing nothing but wasting my time and should stop at once. You should see the awful fight I got into when my mom discovered that the money I had been saving up and during an emergency I had let her borrow was meant for a videogame I had been waiting all year long. Only the intervention of my aunt and sister forced her to reluctantly pay me back.

As much as it pains me to do so, I actually have to hide from them that I’m an active rper here, as otherwise I know I would’ve been in a situation much like yours a long time ago. As hard as this may sound, you may need to stop talking about it and let them forget about your involvement here through time, since if your parents are anything like mine’s, if you let them remember it you may find yourself in a round 2 of this situation in the future and you may not be so lucky.

Its really nice you don’t get to leave and I’m happy to know you’ll still be around…but it absolutely sucks you gotta get rid of Poplarstar. Hopefully you’ll be able to rank up to leader in the future again, you really earned that position, you deserve it.
Sleepy
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 17:08 by Sleepy
Your parents are acting ridiculous, my dude!! I'm glad you're at least able to keep your other cats, but it's so close-minded of them to try and squash something you obviously enjoy. Roleplaying's not any less legitimate than any other hobby; if you enjoy it, and it's not getting in the way, then it's not a waste of time. And seriously, there are way worse things you could be doing in your down-time than reading and writing. WAY WORSE.

Ink might be right about staying quiet about WCC; they've made it pretty clear it's not something you can share with them. Some people hate on anything they can't personally relate to. Sorry about your situation, it sucks :(

Just wanted to chip in because I feel so hard. Now I disappear for another ten years.

Do a death topic for your parents. Make it convincing. Then the rest of us just pretend it didn't happen and life moves on as normal in SkyClan, or write it off as one of his nine lives? They never have to knooow. 'cause seriously, it's not a fair ultimatum to put on you either way. Why should you have to kill your frickin' OC you care about to satisfy them? That's so pointless lol. Leader is something you worked toward! Also, you're a senior, right? YOU'RE AN ADULT!! Your free time is your business! Reeeee

ok im done
Twisted Cinnamon Rolls
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 17:23 by Twisted Cinnamon Rolls
I'm so sorry that your parents wanted you to quit. By mom tried to make me quit, but she forgot to. Glad that you are at least still able to roleplay :)

I agree with sleepy fake a death go go go
Harlem
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 17:40 by Harlem
^

i did think of just writing a death topic, then deleting it, and moving on with poplarstar per usual, but this wouldn't be the first time i tried to pull something past my parents.

when i was 11, i got twitter on my phone without telling my parents. i deleted it in front of them, but i went and re-downloaded it when they left. they found out, again, and ended up barring me from my phone until december 1st (this happened in october).

so, long story short, they always find out. if they find out about this, then the consequences might be even harsher.

hey, look on the bright side! maybe i'll be able to swoop in and snatch up an MCA spot one day...

i'm sorry to y'all that had characters with plots that poplarstar was going to be involved in.

i'm not gonna be talking about WCC to them anymore. i thought that i'd be able to in the past, but apparently i was wrong.
Yoshachu
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 18:05 by Yoshachu
Well... If a spot for MCA does come up, I'm sure we'll all make sure that you get the spot. Because after all this, you definitely deserve it. <:3
Transient
Post Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 18:54 by Transient
I'm glad you get to stay, but I'm really sorry about Poplarstar. He's an OC you love, and I'm sure you're proud of him being able to become leader. To take that away from you is just not fair. I hate how they just see this site as a waste of time.

I agree with the others; don't talk to them about WCC anymore. It's sad, because when I enjoy something, I want to share my joy with my parents. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't understand. Hopefully your parents will just forget that WCC exists.

I hope you won't feel too down about Poplarstar for long.
Post  by Sponsored content

i might be leaving

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next