Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Solitude [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 13:51

The sweet, freshly blossomed stalks of heather bowed and swayed about in the late afternoon breeze, giving off the allusion that there was a golden sea in place of WindClan's territory.

Another powerful gust sent the sea of sweet grasses rippling fiercely all around Brindlestar, rolling onward for as far as she could lay witness. Ignoring the irksome sensation of the grass brushing and grazing against her pelt, the newly-named Leader remained nearly perfectly still- to a cat who just happened to be passing by, it likely appeared as though she was carved from stone. Basking in the pleasant warmth of the day and allowing her eyes to finally drift shut, she was contented to just enjoy a brief moment of peace by her lonesome. The sudden transition to Leadership had been a rough one, despite it's inevitability, and now she often sought a moment away from camp in the form of a stroll through the territory. Now that she often went without sleep most nights, these brief adventures seemed to be one of the few joys that kept her wholly tethered to reality.

Solitude [closed] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1959

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptyFri 8 Jun 2018 - 13:45

Swiftstep was on his way to his favorite thinking spot. Alone time was something he cherished since most of the time he was doing so much for his clan. He loved the gentle breeze and the way the grass swayed so calmly. He could certainly fall asleep there. The times, he determined, best to head to the Lone Stump was in the afternoon or at dawn. They held the most peace and quiet.

As the brown tom approached, he could see a figure sitting still. The closer he got, the more familiar the mystery cat was to him. Finally, as soon as he was at a close distance, he realized that the figure was none other than Brindlestar. She seemed to be very relaxed. She deserved this serenity. Trying not to disturb her, Swiftstep quietly sat next to her and closed his eyes, as if trying to find the peaceful world she was in.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 14:51

A single eye blinked open at the soft sounds of a cat settling down beside her. Although it was initially a slight surprise to see Swiftstep beside her, Brindlestar knew that many of her Clanmates often sought the peace and solace provided by the Lone Stump. Blinking away the fuzziness that crowded the edges of her vision, she cast her gaze back out towards the sea of grasses before her. They twisted and swayed in a unique dance with each crest of a new breeze, kicking up a storm of tantalizing scents that lingered heavily within the warm air. Brindlestar allowed the slight silence to yawn between the pair, so engrossed in the fire of the memories that bubbled up within the dark recesses of her troubled mind. So much had changed since she had first arrived to WindClan, it was a realization that often unsettled her at times.

"It's strange, isn't it?" Brindlestar eventually mewed, lifting her gaze to the brightly colored sky that stretched on before the pair endlessly, "How much can change with the speaking of a few simple words?" Sometimes, she often wondered how different things could've been if Ashstar had never chosen her. Would her Clan have fared better? Would she be given a chance to become a better mother; one who was a truly solid presence in the lives of her kits? "All it takes is a few moments to rewrite the course of our lives."

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:59

OOC: I'm so sorry for the wait! ;-;/

IC: The tom's brow furrowed as he thought. In a matter of seconds, his face relaxed and he gave a tiny nod accompanied with a grunt of agreement. "I've always thought that my life would be a straight line. A simple path as clear as water. My only goal was to earn my warrior name and to serve my clan that way until I breathed my final breath. It seemed that life had other plans for me." The brown tom ended his talking with a thoughtful smile. Nobody would've expected the mischievous, bothersome, and energetic Swiftpaw to have matured into the responsible, talented, and caring Swiftstep. His life changed even further when he adopted some kits with his first mate but had a beautiful she-cat with his second mate. He felt a sharp pang in his heart at the memeories of Newtslip and Fernfeather. But the tom's life hit it's highest peak when he was appointed deputy. It truly shocked him. He turned to look at Brindlestar, a few questions in mind. "W...Why did you appoint me your deputy? Have you thought of the question before? Or was I the first cat to come to mind during the ceremony?" the tom shook his head and quickly added, "I'm sorry for asking such questions. You don't have to answer them. I-I'm just the curious type."
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptySun 1 Jul 2018 - 16:37

Shifting slightly so that she no longer had to gaze at Swiftstep through her peripheral vision, an empathetic expression softened Brindlestar's features. It was strange to think that another cat was now burdened by the same feelings and experiences that she had once suffered under, feelings that Ashstar and her predecessor had both carried as well. Perhaps that was the legacy to Leadership- a lifetime of harrowing experiences. Returning her gaze back to the rippling sea of sweet grasses that bowed and swayed like the expanding ribs of a slumbering creature. "Under Ashstar's rule, I've had plenty of time to think over the inevitable. I was trained to search for the qualities Ashstar once saw in me all those moons ago. My decision to place trust in you is sound, I assure you that." It still felt strange and frightening to lead without Ashstar's presence within her life, but she was no fool. Life always had to move on.

"You've given up so much already," Brindlestar sighed softly, a note of apology seeping into her normally revere voice, "I know it was unfair of me to ask you to give up more. But in this life, we must learn to move beyond our own struggles. We have to become what our Clanmates need us to be."

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] EmptyThu 19 Jul 2018 - 20:11

OOC: REEEEEEEEEEE I didn't know you had posted gefiaufuhjgdfigf forgive meee ;-;

IC: The brown tom nodded and gave a confident grin. Ah, his normal self was back. His confidence, generosity, empathy, and charm helped him stand out among his peers during his apprentice-hood. Those qualities had never left him and it seemed that they never will. He was thankful for that. "I've been ready to devote my life for my clan ever since I became an apprentice. I'm ready to give my all for my clan-mates and become what they need me to be." Swiftstep nudged Brindlestar and offered her a calm smile. "Were you close with your parents?" he asked, ready to change the subject. The tom-cat never knew his father but he has a strong bond with his mother. She was the best mother he could wish for. Swiftstep loved her dearly and was frightened to lose her or anyone for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solitude [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude [closed]   Solitude [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Solitude [closed]
Page 1 of 1