Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Riverclan's Deputy Election

Go down 
+11
AirJordanz
Not
Mamenchisaurus
Yoshachu
Ash
Middy
Seer
Harlem
ruska
Cays
Jay Bird
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1446

Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 19:37

As the familiar words reached his tufted ears, Scorchclaw abandoned what he had been doing and headed over to the willow branch. He had expected that this meeting would come sooner or later, and now it really was here. Ivystar had not returned. To the brown tabby warrior, she had been a strong leader, one that he had respected with all of his heart. Even if she had seemed harsh and cold at times to her clanmates, Scorchclaw had never doubted her decisions. Her absence had caused a hole to form in RiverClan, like something very important had gone missing, and could no longer be found. For days now, he had heard the whispering around camp. The tension that lay over the island grew more stifling with each day that their leader was nowhere to be seen. There was the slight chance that this meeting held good news, perhaps an apprentice ceremony, but a voice within him whispered that that was nothing but wishful thinking.

Jaystream stood on the Willow Branch. It was not the first time that Scorchclaw had seen him there, but this time the fluffy gray tom was not calling an apprentice or warrior ceremony. It might have just been his imagination, but Jaystream looked more alone than ever. The burden of leadership was finally his now. Some of his clanmates were already talking about the new deputy, and Scorchclaw shot them a dark look. Of all the deaths a warrior could die, he had never imagined that Ivystar would just wander away into the forest and keel over. It was too pathetic. He had no idea who Jaystream would choose as his deputy, but he could only hope that their new leader would make the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:09

The Riverclan deputy watched at his clanmates gathering around. Some of them didn't have a clue about what was going to happen. Some of them already guessed why he called them tonight. With a great heavy in his chest and shoulders, Jaystream took a deep breath but that didn't stop his nervous thoughts as he stood up in the Willow Branch steadily. "Riverclan, I-I call all of you today for because for an important, yet sad announcement. After days and nights of waiting for Ivystar's arrival to camp, with great sorrow in my heart, I announce she's... gone... forever. I-I found her dead i-in the e-edges of our territory... next to Thunderclan's lands." The tom couldn't help his voice to tremble because of the overwhelming emotions taking over his body and chest. Sadness, frustration, anger against the clan who it seemed to have killed his leader... However, when he saw his clanmates... his kits... and Goldeneye, he knew he had to be strong for all of them and that now it wasn't the time to take revenge. It was time to mourn and move on for the well-being of the clan and his family.

The deputy swallowed all his pain and sorrow for later and he faced the crowd with determination in his eyes but, for those who knew him better like Goldeneye did, they probably knew he was still mourning. "She led us for many moons with a fierce devotion to her clan and clanmates. As you know, Ivystar was a strong and respected leader for everyone, a fighter who would always put her clan above everything. She was not only my mother but a cat that I respected and admired for her inner strength and courage. I'll make sure to protect the legacy she left to me with the same passion. I pray for her spirit to be resting well in Starclan, among all the great leaders of our clan." The deputy bowed his head as a silent goodbye for the fallen leader. He didn't have the chance to say goodbye... but he hoped that his words would reach her ears from Starclan.

When the seconds of respectful silence was over, Jaystream faced his clanmates with serious green eyes. He had enough time to mourn her death... he couldn't be stuck in the past when his clan needed him so much. "As Ivystar's successor, I'll take over the position of your leader. Tonight, I'll travel to the Moonstone with Goldeneye's guidance to receive my nine lives and my leader name. However, before that, I must choose Riverclan's new deputy to help to guide the clan by my side. A strong cat that would help to face and overcome all the hardships that are going to come." He looked at the sky and closed his eyes for a second, trying in vain to feel the voice of the presence of his leader and mother for guidance in such a difficult moment. With her hunting in Starclan now, he had to take her place and be Riverclan's leader... and he needed a right paw cat. A deputy that would guide Riverclan with him to greatness and prosperity.

He returned his gaze back to Riverclan, with his mind clear. Jaystream lifted his tail as he opened his mouth for the big announcement that most of his clanmates were waiting for. "This... was a hard decision for me to take because I'm aware we have many good and capable warriors in our ranks that would be great deputies. But, after some time thinking alone, I believe I made a right election. I say these words before StarClan, and may they approve of my choice. The next deputy of Riverclan and the one who will succeed me if it is Starclan's will is... Scorchclaw."

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:31

Shadefang snorted irritably at Snailbelly's words, choosing to ignore them. Ambition never hurt any cat. After all, Ivystar had ambition, but no one had a problem with her. He just needed to be deputy so that he could begin to help the Clan grow stronger. They would be the most feared Clan in the forest. They could become strong enough to take whatever they wanted from the other Clans. Maybe they could even drive a Clan or two out. After all, who really needed WindClan, or SkyClan? SkyClan's territory was so close to Twolegplace, they'd might as well be driven out by those hairless beasts. And WindClan was easily the weakest Clan among the five of them, so they would be easy to drive out.

He just needed to be deputy.

Let him be deputy.

"The next deputy of Riverclan and the one who will succeed me if it is Starclan's will is... Scorchclaw."

WHAT?! Shadefang had to bite down hard on his tongue to keep himself from shrieking in disbelief. Jaystream chose Scorchclaw to be their next deputy? How could he? Does he want RiverClan to lose their reputation as the strongest and most skilled Clan in the forest?

A soft growl rose in the back of Shadefang's throat. He didn't bother joining the other cats in chanting the name of RiverClan's newest deputy, or listening to Scorchclaw's acceptance speech if he chose to make one. He stealthily backed away through the crowd of cats, then turned and stalked back into the warriors' den with his tail lashing angrily.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:52

Straining slightly to peer out from within the shady confines of the Medicine Cat's den, Jaystream's sorrowful words sounded muffled and distanced. Ivystar was...dead? The thought sent a sharp tremor crawling down her spine, wracking her loosely sprawled limbs with their intent. She had only ever lived under Ivystar's reign and the thought of going forth without her was frightening at best. The words next to Thunderclan's lands in particular sent a fresh ache pounding through her partially healed wounds. The seemingly insurmountable depth of the fear that she now associated with ThunderClan easily seemed justifiable now- they maimed and slaughtered wherever they pleased, preaching as they did so. Ruefully lifting a paw to rub absently at the thin fur atop her muzzle, her attention only returned to the disheartening meeting at hand whenever a certain name was called out.

Scorchclaw.

The little she-cat's head jerked sharply in surprise, her jaw going agape as she struggled to fully process the meaning of what had just transpired. Deputy? He was Deputy now? He...was RiverClan's Deputy! Ignoring the sharp pinpricks of pain that simmered into existence at her sudden movements, Adderpaw hardly missed a beat as she practically exploded from the carefully concealed entrance. Practically tripping over her still weak limbs in her haste, she was fairly certain that she smashed several tails in her awkward movements. It felt a bit odd running after countless sunrises of only the gentlest of exercises, but any other movements simply seemed inappropriate during a situation such as this. Thrusting her forepaws out ahead of her in a futile attempt to fully stop herself, she all but skidded into Scorchclaw. "Not fair! You couldn't even wait until I finally get my Warrior name before moving ahead again?!" Adderpaw gaped out, her remaining eye bright with a heated mixture of awe and sheer excitement, "How am I supposed to compete with you now?"

Although, she had to admit, the thought of him becoming even more distant caused a sharp cramp to seize her chest.

Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1446

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 2:51

Jaystream's announcement about the finality of Ivystar's fate caused a dull ache to stab at the brown warrior's heart. It really should not have come as a surprise to him; he knew, after all. If Ivystar were still alive, she should have returned by now. The silver leader was not the kind of irresponsible cat who would leave her clan without any news for days. However, hearing it being said directly by Jaystream still hurt. Now there could no longer be any doubt that she was dead. At the mention of ThunderClan's name, Scorchclaw felt a wave of hot anger flood through his body. He would not be surprised at all if that clan of shrub dwellers had been the reason for the leader's downfall. Ever since he had been an apprentice, he had held the opinion that ThunderClan was nothing but a group of fox-hearted hypocrites. Hiding behind a facade of righteousness, they railed at and criticized RiverClan when they were no better themselves. Recent events had only served to confirm and reinforce that image. They were truly despicable cats who were not worthy of the title of 'warriors.' There was no way Jaystream would just let this go, would he? The location of Ivystar's corpse reeked of suspicion.

As he brooded over such thoughts, the rage that had been simmering within him was suddenly dispelled by Jaystream's unexpected next words. "The next deputy of Riverclan and the one who will succeed me if it is Starclan's will is... Scorchclaw."

The large tabby tom froze in place, staring up at Jaystream atop the Willow Branch. Him? Deputy of RiverClan? It wasn't that he didn't want to be deputy, but why him? There were so many other warriors who were older and more experienced. Just what did Jaystream see in him? Such thoughts rushing continuously through his head, they were abruptly interrupted when a wall of gray fluff came crashing into him. Staggering slightly, Scorchclaw looked down to see the familiar form of Adderpaw. The wounded apprentice's exclamations came flying at him in a flurry, leaving him completely at a loss for how to react. Upon looking around, he realized that all his other clanmates were watching him as well. It looked like he was expected to say something, even though he didn't quite know what.

He gave his new leader a respectful nod. "Thank you, Jaystream. I'll make sure you don't regret your decision. I will give my utmost in serving RiverClan." Was that what he was supposed to say? He had not lived through a leader's death until now, so he had no idea what he was expected to do. It would have to suffice. He turned a slightly strained grin to Adderpaw."I didn't expect this either."
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3847

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 16:26

Scorchclaw?
Stormpaw bit back a hiss. Scorchclaw, of all cats, was going to lead Riverclan? The stormy gray tom shook himself, jumping to his feet. How? Why? He had expected himself of course, perhaps Hailsong or even Cinderfall, at least. Someone related to Jaystream, anyways. The sleek apprentice shook himself again, summer-yellow eyes narrowed.
Never mind that... he'd show Jaystream... he'd make him reconsider his deputy choice. And then... he'd lead Riverclan. The handsome tom scoffed, his large ears twitching as he padded briskly out of camp. It was going to take plenty of training, but he of all cats would be strong enough to become deputy.

PostSubject: Re: Riverclan's Deputy Election   Riverclan's Deputy Election - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riverclan's Deputy Election
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2