Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

warrior naming help, please!

Go down 
4 posters

What should Moss' warrior name be?
Mosslight
warrior naming help, please! Vote_lcap8%warrior naming help, please! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Mossberry
warrior naming help, please! Vote_lcap62%warrior naming help, please! Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Mossleaf
warrior naming help, please! Vote_lcap0%warrior naming help, please! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mosscloud
warrior naming help, please! Vote_lcap15%warrior naming help, please! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Mossleap
warrior naming help, please! Vote_lcap15%warrior naming help, please! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Mossnose
 0% [ 0 ]
Mosseyes
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

warrior naming help, please! Empty
PostSubject: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 18:51

So, Mosspaw is going to be a warrior really soon (my first warrior! Yay!) but I have a really hard time deciding on his name. I don't know what sounds good! >u< I want it to fit his personality and also sound smooth, but be unique too. please help i have spent so much time on this I feel so limited by the triple s. But omg this naming thing feels so important it must be perfect. <3

My options have been -light, -leaf, -berry, -cloud, -leap, -nose, and -eyes. >u< If there are others I'm missing that would be good, I'd love to hear those too! Moss is super excitable, open, and friendly. Small in size, like his mother Tinytip, and has boundless energy. His picture is in my signature -- all black but for a ring of white around his neck. He's neither an especially good hunter or fighter (honestly, has a difficult time killing prey and has a difficult time with genuine conflict), but he does have very keen senses.

-light/-cloud -- his bright, open/caring nature

-leaf -- his gentleness and sensitive spirit

-berry -- his small size/sweetness and because it'd be so cute

-leap -- would represent his energy and agility.

-nose/-eyes -- for his keen senses, and perhaps also for being emotionally perceptive; he can always tell when someone's feeling down <3

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

Characters : [A]cornpelt, [S]ootpaw, [R]accoonpaw, [M]ilkpaw, [Al]derpaw
Clan/Rank : [A] WindClan Warrior, [S] SkyClan Apprentice, [R] SkyClan Apprentice, [M] RiverClan Apprentice, [Al] ThunderClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 19:06

I'll do this one by one to get my personal best answer ^v^'

TIME FOR...
CRIER (SIMPLY) OVERANALYZES SUFFIXES

I'm going to, off the bat, eliminate -nose/-eyes because while it is subtly hinted, it would be most commonly viewed just as "oh they have green eyes so their name is mosseyes"

While -leap is a somewhat suitable prefix, I feel as if it's a bit too excitable for someone like Mosspaw. When I hear -leap I also think of a good hunter (as you have to leap to kill your prey) and it just seems too overexaggerated.

Okay, so this leaves us with the first 3 options, which are all more suitable than the last two. I'll push aside -leaf because, while Mosspaw is gentle, he's still a very active cat and a bit too soft for someone like him.

We're left with two VERY good options. I had a very hard time choosing my pick on this one, but I think it's good.

-berry should be the prefix you choose. While representing his small size, it still shows his sweetness, like you said. -Berry probably defines him most & best, so you should go with Mossberry.

In the end, you should choose what you like best, but light/cloud/berry are my personal favorites.

Acornpelt | Sootpaw | Raccoonpaw | Milkpaw | Alderpaw
She-cat | Tom | Tom | She-cat | Tom
Warrior | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice
WindClan | SkyClan | SkyClan | RiverClan | ThunderClan
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 19:38

Stars, Mossberry sounds way too cute not to use! <3

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 21:00

HHHHH THEY'RE ALL SO CUTEEE

I'll go with Mossberry too, it's a pretty unique name, and it fits him :)

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! EmptyWed 9 May 2018 - 4:00

thank you, guys! ^-^

I've decided that I am going to go with Mossberry. <3 70% voted Mossberry and I agree it fits him best and is totally adorable. And thanks so much for your analysis, Crier! ^-^ lol, don't worry -- I really like to analyze these names too. You are very thorough!

I agree with the crossing out -nose/-eyes, because while I think it's ok-ay if it has the double-meaning (of moss-green eyes + perceptiveness), you're right that does distract from his personality traits. And while he is perceptive, it's in a narrow way -- strictly emotionally -- and it's not his defining characteristic. (He's pretty naive otherwise. cx)

And while I think he might be excitable enough for -leap (lol, he talks a mile a minute and couldn't keep still for more than two seconds as a kit), he has been mellowing a tiny bit as he's gotten older, and I see what you mean by the being a good hunter aspect. That's one thing that Moss has a hard time with -- he's really too overeager to catch things properly, and once he actually got far enough to... well, he realized he felt really bad killing it. my poor cinnamon roll

-light, -cloud, and -berry are all fluffy ones, and represent good parts of him (his softness and open, accepting nature) -- which I liked, but I agree with Yosh and Rainy that -berry is the most unique and adorable. <3

What really sealed it for me, though, is that mossberries are a real thing! This is probably what you guys were thinking of, but I never realized it before and omg they are!

Mossberries are small black berries that grow in wet areas, like marshes and riverbanks, and have a sweet taste. They're also good for the heart. <3

warrior naming help, please! Manfaat-Buah-Crowberry

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warrior naming help, please!   warrior naming help, please! Empty

Back to top Go down

warrior naming help, please!
Page 1 of 1