Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Look Both Ways (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

Look Both Ways (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 17:46

He needed to see his family, his Clanmates... anyone. After being cooped up in that barn for so long, Gingerstripe was the loneliest he'd ever been. Despite the roof over his head and the abundance of prey, he had to get out and about- and his wanderings about had led him here. The Thunderpath. Where his life had been destroyed before he knew it, a second and more drastic time... where he'd made one mistake that had brutally slaughtered any chances at happiness in his future. It was where he'd "murdered" Honeydrop, the former medicine cat, his birth mother. He still remembered the pain, the betrayal, the disbelief in her eyes as he shoved the exiled code-breaker away from him and to her death. Her golden body streaking like a comet across the sky at the force of impact; the crunch of breaking bones her body made when it landed; the rivers of blood; her struggled, panicked breathing. It all came back like it had been yesterday and not several moons ago. The moment playing over and over was that split-second, mouse-brained, unknowing decision- pushing her into the Thunderpath, and sending her to the Dark Forest. Or so he'd thought. But it seemed she must have gone to StarClan, for moons later, she'd reached back into his life through Nettlesting with claws outstretched to test apart what little remained of his life.

He must have looked mouse-brained sitting there, staring at the rough black surface like an apprentice fresh out of camp, but he wasn't startled out of his reverie until a young apprentice wandered onto it.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 8:57

(OOC: Sorry I didn't get this before now! WCC hasn't been sending me notifications of certain topics in my email for some reason. XD)

Fernpaw streaked along the moor, her bright green eyes focused on the large white rabbit in front of her. She could very clearly smell its fear-scent. If only she could just catch it already so that it would stop being so afraid. It would make for a delicious meal for Cedarfur and Dewtuft when she returned back to camp.

She didn't pay much attention at all as she finally leaped into the air. She crashed into the prey, hearing it let out a shrill squeal of terror, when she pinned it between her clawed paws and the rancid-smelling black stone underpaw. She bit its neck quickly to end its life and softly panted. There, now it wouldn't be tortured by fear anymore. She bent down and grabbed it by the scruff, struggling to lift it up.

The ground beneath the WindClan apprentice began to tremble, and before long she heard a deafening roaring sound, followed by bright yellow eyes glaring at her. Fernpaw's mouth fell open with stunned horror, the rabbit falling back limply on the Thunderpath. She trembled heavily, both from fear and from the rumbling ground, as the monster roared towards her in a sprint.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 18:13

Gingerstripe watched the young apprentice curiously for a few moments as she darted across the moors and onto the Thunderpath, green eyes alight with the joy of it, catching a plump rabbit. His mouth watered as he saw it, and for a second the corner of his brain contemplated scaring her off and stealing the prey. He shook it off immediately, though. Though his family may have thought he'd abandoned all principles, because they called his accidental killing a "murder", he still abided by the code... not that it mattered, anymore. He wondered what-

All thoughts flew out of his mind as he saw the glare of a monster's glowing eyes on the Thunderpath. In a split-second, memories flooded through his head- a giant monster, his mother crushed by its paws, flung to the side, bones broken, body bloody- and his brain replaced the golden she-cat with this young, innocent, bright apprentice. Lying on her side, struggling to breathe through punctured lungs. Dead. "No!" A massive yowl tore its way out of his throat, and the loner flung himself towards the small tabby, not knowing what power drove him that he was able to make it there just in time.

His paws reached her, shoved her out of the way.

They tumbled off the side of the Thunderpath.

Milliseconds later, the giant monster roared by.

Breathing heavily, heart pounding, Gingerstripe looked back at the Thunderpath, where the bloodied remains of a rabbit were smeared across its rough black surface. He felt slightly sick to his stomach, but at least he'd saved the apprentice. The apprentice! Looking down in alarm to see the small she-cat pinned beneath him, the loner scrambled off, hoping he hadn't crushed her. "Oh, StarClan," he gasped in concern. "I'm so sorry! Are- are you okay?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:02

Fernpaw had no idea how she had ended up safe in the stubbly grasses next to the Thunderpath. Her eyes were wide with horror, and she trembled uncontrollably, her breathing labored. It took her several moments to realize that she was okay. ...At least, she thought she was okay? Was she? She didn't know. But what she did know was that there was a cat standing over her. A ginger-colored tom.

A rather handsome ginger-colored tom.

Fernpaw's eyes were the first to respond to her will, blinking multiple times as she snapped herself out of her daze. The rest of her body moved sluggishly, but she was able to turn over onto her side. She struggled to stand up, but her legs felt like they were literally made out of water, and she collapsed onto her chest with a squeaky huff. She looked back up at Gingerstripe, her mouth working, trying to find her voice. When she finally did, her trembling mew was small and squeaky. "Am I... A-Am I... i-in St-StarClan?..."

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 9:14

For a second Gingerstripe panicked, wondering if the apprentice could even speak, whether she had been injured sonehow, if she was dying and he just couldn't tell.... But thank StarClan, or whoever else there was to look after loners like him, she finally spoke. He still reflexively thanked StarClan, though at this point he wasn't a big fan of those warrior ancestors. It was a coincidence that he was thinking of those cats just as the apprentice he'd saved asked her question. the ginger tabby blinked at the young she-cat’s words, then a crooked half-smile crossed his face. It felt good to smile- he hadn't done it in a while- but it hurt his face muscles to do so. “No,” he replied finally, still grinning a little, but there was some sadness on the corners of his face. “If you were in StarClan, I.... doubt that you'd be seeing me here. From what I can tell, my ancestors don't like me all that much.”

The lean tom nudged the younger cat gently, helping her to her feet. “Anyway, I'm glad you're not hurt. That monster had it out for you, huh? A shame about the rabbit, though.” His green eyes sparkled a little bit in the light, unlike the harsh and glaring glow of the monster’s eyes. “It's nice to meet you. I'm Gingerstripe of-” he stopped himself. He wasn't of anywhere anymore... Nettlesting had seen to that. And had it been a bad idea to tell her his name? What if she'd heard of him? The horrible murderer who'd accidentally killed a rogue? Oh, well. He supposed it didn't really matter. “My name is Gingerstripe,” the former warrior repeated lamely, hoping she hadn't noticed his mouse-brained hesitation. "What's your name? I can smell you're from WindClan."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptyFri 4 May 2018 - 6:36

It took Fernpaw several more moments to regain the rest of her senses. She wasn't in StarClan? So... where was she? Wait, she could scent the moors, and the Thunderpath. Was she back in WindClan territory?

Now the memories began to flood back to her. She was chasing a rabbit, and she supposedly raced over the Thunderpath to catch it, but then... Was a monster about to hit her? Her mind was still a bit fuzzy on that bit. What happened to her rabbit? No, that didn't matter, there were many other rabbits to catch. All that mattered to her was that she was alive, and this... Gingerstripe saved her life. He must have, if he was so concerned about her.

By the time she regained her composure, she could clearly hear the tom's question. She shakily stood up and shook herself off, her fluffy fur still bushed with shock and fear of what could have happened. "M-My name's Fernpaw. I'm an apprentice of WindClan, about to be named a warrior. I just wanted to hunt for Cedarfur and Dewtuft, but I didn't realize how dangerous the Thunderpath was. I guess that's what I get for going out on my own..." She suddenly felt ashamed. She had just wanted to provide for her Clan, and because she was too eager to do so and not ask a warrior -- or more logically, her mentor -- to accompany her, the Clan could have been one apprentice short. It would have broken her father's heart, having to lose both his mate and his daughter to the Thunderpath...

She looked back up at Gingerstripe with alarm, suddenly realizing she had never thanked him for his courage and bravery. "Oh! I'm sorry! Thank you so much for saving my life, Gingerstripe. Do you want me to do anything for you in return? I can't offer much, but maybe I can catch you a rabbit. I'm really good at hunting those!"

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptySat 5 May 2018 - 16:06

Fernpaw. Luckily for the young apprentice, he'd been on the territory... where he wasn't supposed to have been. He wouldn't really call it "trespassing," more like "passing through." Despite the fact that any warrior would have attacked him on sight, the she-cat seemed to be happily oblivious, or otherwise she was just more concerned with the fact that he'd saved her life. Why can't all Clan cats be like you? Gingerstripe let out an inaudible sigh, then a smile crooked up the corners of his mouth again at her thanks. "You're welcome. Just be careful around the Thunderpath, Fernpaw. It's killed many cats, and caused trouble for so many others...." A golden she-cat, tossed up by a monster's impact, bleeding by the side of the territory, helpless, alone. The tom's smile faded. "I wish I could save everyone who's been attacked by a monster. Maybe then, things would be different."

At the apprentice's offer, the loner's emerald eyes softened a little bit. At least he'd managed to help her. Even a "murderer," branded such by his own friends and family, wasn't without redemption. If only other cats saw that part of him, rather than the foolhardy part who'd unknowingly shoved Honeydrop to her death. "I... I can't ask that of you, Fernpaw. The food on this territory doesn't belong to me. You ought to get your hunting to Cedarburr and Bluetuft, or whatever their names were. I can get food for myself, somewhere that it wouldn't be stealing." The tabby tom stood up from where he sat, satisfied that the she-cat was okay, glad that he'd managed to do something good for once in his life. As he began to walk across the long-grassed moor territory, heading to the Abandoned Barn where he'd taken refuge, he suddenly thought of something and turned his head over one thin shoulder to talk to the apprentice one last time. "Just... if you meet other ShadowClan cats, tell them that Gingerstripe isn't so bad, okay? Spread the word. Come find me if you ever need help with... anything." Smiling one last time, more genuinely now, Gingerstripe walked off, long tail waving farewell behind him.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) EmptySat 5 May 2018 - 18:30

Fernpaw watched Gingerstripe walk off, and she continued staring even when his ginger pelt disappeared over the hills and behind the trees. She was a little disappointed that he didn’t take up her offer in providing him with any food as a thank you, but he still seemed happy nonetheless. She hoped she would be able to see him again, she thought as she turned around and raced back into her own territory.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look Both Ways (Closed)   Look Both Ways (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Look Both Ways (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Thunderpath-
Jump to: