Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tips and tricks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Tips and tricks   Tips and tricks EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018, 10:48 am

So, lately there was a conversation about "who is a better rper", which I don't think should really be something discussed. Everyone has their own writing style and preference. I think we all have places to improve upon.

I've also heard before, though, that some people are not sure how to add more to their writing. This is for those RPers looking to beef up their posts a little and add more per post.

Quick suggestions of things to consider adding:
-internal emotions
-commentary on the character's internal thoughts
-how they feel about recent events
-the setting around them

Character Motivation:
-really develop personality and be able to know what your character is and does
-use songs for motivation
-add some grey area on certain topics

There are probably many more things I could say other than that. I mean I am not a great RPer, I just say lots of words and hope people dont hate them.

Example:
Before-- Mumblefoot looked around at the empty camp. He had been forgotten. The deputy came up to him and he was surprised. Looking up, he said, "Sure, I guess."

After--Subject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed
The camp seemed to empty out quickly. Although he had no doubt about it, Mumblefoot was reassured in the fact that his father had chosen a good deputy. Poplartooth seemed to handle the camp with an efficiency that Rippedstar had once done. Even if it was more formal and less relational, due to the warrior's personality, it was good. His denmate had certainly grown in his own way over the moons and become far more tolerable than in the past. Besides, they needed any stability they could get after everything that had happened and the younger warrior seemed to provide that. He too was comforted by that fact. However, the feeling dissolved into one of discomfort as he realized he was one of the few cats left without a duty for the time being. Upon this realization, his features fell. Could it be that the tom still held some disdain for him somewhere? Even after all the moons that they had begun to spend time together?

Mumblefoot was prepared to revert back to the days of attempting to find something to do within the camp walls. When Hawkstrike had forgotten their training, he had given himself the task of making sure there were no issues with the dens and that everything was in order. It was a small thing, but it made him feel like he had some value. Or, at least, it had once. Crestfallen, the little, tailless tom began to pad away in a random direction. He would decide later what was important enough. Maybe Mintpaw's den? But, before he could get far, a shadow loomed over him. His head snapped up and allowed his eyes to meet Poplartooth's gaze. It surprised him that the deputy had come up to him and his ears flattened prepared for a scolding. They had been on such good terms and he miserably wondered how that had managed to change. Maybe the pressure of the position. Whatever the reason, there was an ache in his heart different than any he had felt before as he looked at the tom he thought was his friend.

Something stirred in him, a desire to step closer. Even though Poplartooth was still a way off, his heart thudded anxiously. After all the moons of striving to control this feeling, here it was popping up again. Although, instead of wanting to bolt, his paws were rooted to the ground. But, inevitably, the brown and white tom would have some less than kind words behind his tongue. Mumblefoot forced himself to keep his eyes open and evenly meet the other cat. Those eyes, that look, it caused a shiver down his spine. He was prepared for the worst and was ready to face it head on, no matter how confused and miserable he felt on the inside. What came next he was not ready for. Immediately, a sigh of relief left his maw, he couldn't help that. Poplartooth wanted to... hunt with him? It only took a moment for him to scold himself for being so irrationally worried about the worst. That was merely a part of him that would never die. For this reason, his response was stalled.

"Uhm, yeah, I guess." He finally managed out. His ears heated up with embarrassment over the whole internal ordeal, something Poplartooth would never know of. But, that merely became background to the relief and even budding excitement now in his chest. Confusion caused him to tilt his head slightly. That was different. Mumblefoot tried to shake a feeling that wouldn't fade and after nodding stiffly to the deputy began to pad towards the entrance.

If you're looking to do more of the word thing or have any questions about anything stated just let me know :)
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Wood

Lord of the Wood

Characters : Brokenpaw [SkC], Goldenpaw [SC], Troutpaw [RC], Wrenpaw [TC]
Clan/Rank : Skyclan/NAW, Shadowclan/Apprentice, Riverclan/Apprentice, Thunderclan/Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 187

Tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks   Tips and tricks EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018, 11:59 am

I'm the best

color=#339966

Goldenpaw (Shadowclan) 20/80
She-cat/Apprentice
color=#ffcc33

Troutpaw (Riverclan) 20/80
Tom/Apprentice
color=#00ccff

Wrenkit (Thunderclan) 20/80
She-cat/Apprentice
color=#ff6633
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

Tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks   Tips and tricks EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018, 12:16 pm

This seems useful!

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

Tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks   Tips and tricks EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018, 3:23 pm

cx lol, the difference between those posts is staggering, Ripped. But yes! Details and emotions make characters come to life. <3

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips and tricks   Tips and tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks
Page 1 of 1