Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 15:35

The sun was slowing setting on the horizon and the warriors, apprentices, queens, elders and kits were getting back to sleep and get that well-earned rest. Jaystream watched the view of his clanmates leaving and he even nodded at some of them as a "good night". But for him, there was no sleep yet. He didn't even feel sleepy at all. It was his son and apprentice's trip... How could he even think about sleeping? Hailpaw already did it and now it was time for his first-born.

He touched the plants that Goldeneye prepared for him and the young tom, smiling. Although she wasn't his mother, the medicine she-cat raised them to be the cats they were now, with Splashwillow and Tinytip's help. The tom was grateful... without them... being a father would have way harder than it was now. After all, ten kits weren't exactly a regular litter. But despite the difficulties, he loved them all. Cinderpaw was the closest one but that didn't mean he didn't care for the rest of his siblings. All of them were his love's legacy... he had to protect that and make them be the warriors they were destined to be.

Tonight... Cinderpaw would be one step closer.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey Signat14
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 15:58

Cinderpaw walked up to the herbs. "Let's see if they're really as bad as they say." He licked them up carefully. They weren't that bad. Then he began to chew. They were right! They were the most horrible thing he had ever had! It took all of his willpower not to spit them out. He slowly swallowed and as soon as he was done, lapped up some cold water. He shook his fur. "I was not expecting that. They were disgusting!"

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 18:13

When he saw his son approaching, already curious about the herbs, Jaystream smiled and just watched them eat them and make that funny disgusted face. Unlike Cinderpaw, the deputy picked the leaves and ate them without much problem. He even licked the last remains of it with his tongue. After so many times doing this, he had created a resistance to those medicine plants. "Well, their purpose is not to be tasteful." He purred warmly, understanding his son's reaction. "But believe when I say that that was the most disgusting part of the travel. Are you ready to see what's beyond our lands?" Assuming that his kit would say yes, the large tom just made his way to the exit, crossing the river around the camp and drying his fur right after.

Out of the limits of their home, Jaystream waited for Cinderpaw to come before starting to walk again, calmly but nervous at the same time for the apprentice who was about to visit Starclan. Who would talk to him? Would they give him a good advice?

In no time, they were at the river and when the rock path showed up, the tom jumped to the first rock and flicked his fluffy tail to catch the young cat's attention. "We'll cross the river. Jump from one stone to another and then we'll be on the other side.It's less exhausting than swimming." And just like he said, Jaystream reached the riverbank after a few leaps. His paws were now resting in neutral lands and he was only separated from the river by the river that provided his clan food.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 6:32

Cinderpaw nodded. "Of course I am!" He followed Jaystream, though his smaller body made it a little harder to keep up. He could do with a challenge, though. If he couldn't do anything hard, he'd never become a warrior. He leaped from stone to stone, nearly slipping once, but he quickly recovered and made it to neutral land.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 10:48

Jaystream feared when his son almost slipped but he relaxed once he managed to continue and reach the riverbank. Sighing relieved, he continued the trip.

Together, the two blue-grey tabby toms walked following the Twoleg path to the Fourtrees, and from the Fourtrees to the Thunderpath, where the deputy stopped again. Touching his son's shoulder with his tail, he told him to lower his body and stay still. Right after that, a huge monster ran across the grey path with those shiny lights and the fearsome roar. It disappeared in the horizon soon after, leaving the two RiverClanners in silence. "That was a monster, Cinderpaw, a creature that kills everything in their way. We must avoid them at all cost and they only run here, in the Thunderpath. We must run to the other side, so follow me." He waited a few moments to make sure that it was safe. He wouldn't let Cinderpaw die under those beasts. "Now!" He shouted with all the breath of his lungs as he rushed to the other side, his heartbeat accelerated.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 11:53

Cinderpaw crouched by his father, watching in awe as a huge shining creature went by, lunging along the Thunderpath, with its large black paws crawling, leaving the monster rocketing at high speeds. How did it not blow down every tree it passed by? It was a good thing that they stayed on the Thunderpath, or no one would be safe... ever. He shook the thought from his fur as the yell rang. "Now!" Jaystream said. Cinderpaw ran as fast as he could, glancing towards the lights that now appeared. The eyes of monsters glowed. How did prey ever get caught? He guessed they were too fast for the prey to react. Cinderpaw made it to the other side of the Thunderpath, panting. Adrenaline much?

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 18:54

He nudged his son, fatherly, trying to give him the energy to keep going. "We are... getting near. We will be there in no time..." He mewed before looking at the horizon, where his eyes could see the high peaks of the mountains. Keeping his focus on them, he started walking through the large grassy moors that once belonged to Riverclan for short but helpful time. Without it... his kits would have starved. He wasn't proud of taking away their medicine herbs AND their food... but he was grateful for having enough prey to feed his clan and family.

Father and son walked through the plains calmly until they changed to rocky lands. The mountains now seemed even bigger and between the stones, Jaystream guided Cinderpaw to the main entrance of the cave they were going to visit. "Welcome to the Mothermouth. This hole will guide us into a tunnel that connects the exterior with the cave of the Moonstone. Many apprentices before you have crossed this place... even the leaders come here to receive their nine lives. This is a gate of the past of our ancestors... of our clan. And you're going to be part of that history, my son." He walked to it and looked at the darkness, seriously. "Follow me closely, Cinderpaw. You won't even see your own paws inside there. But don't worry... we'll see the light at the end." And with those words, the deputy entered the tunnel, trying to remember where to go carefully.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:17

Cinderpaw nodded. His eyes were growing tired, though he knew he had to stay up. He was usually asleep by now. He smiled. Jaystream had always been kind to him, and Jaystream was kind in general. It countered Ivystar's harsh firmness in a way that he was sure his own would not be able to. His father did so well at being a million different things at once- a father of ten, a deputy of the most powerful Clan in the forest, a mentor of two or three, an awesome warrior, and a compassionate Clanmate. His good mood was nearly dissolved by the sight of the large dark cave called Mothermouth. "I understand, Jaystream." He nodded as he nervously stepped into the darkness. I'll be okay. Jaystream will lead me there. He consoled himself as he walked along. How did the large tom get used to the darkness, or the herbs, for that matter! Then they arrived. There it was. The fabled stone that warriors spoke about. The Moonstone. It was dark at first, then it flashed, blinding him. He looked back at it in awe. The once useless-looking stone was shining and glittering like it was imbued with all the light of the moon and stars. He was drawn to it, ready to speak with the Starclan cat that had been chosen specifically for him. The butterflies in his stomach meant almost nothing to him as he touched his nose to the gleaming white stone. He dearly hoped Starclan would be happy with him.

OOC: cinder cannot be angst and mean with Jaystream
it's simply not possible

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 4:41

The deputy smiled gladly when they reached the Moonstone. When he was about to say Cinderpaw what he had to do, the tom was already laying next to the sacred stone, ready to speak. Jaystream approached his son and saw him fall asleep next to the shiny rock. He settled down next to him, his green eyes looking at him a bit nostalgic and sad. He wouldn't be his apprentice anymore... he couldn't be his always present guard forever... he had to learn to let it go and trust he was going to be fine. Was he a good a father for him despite all his flaws, his insecurities, his lack of power? The tom really hoped as he laid his head on his crossed paws and closed his eyes, sleepy.

A breeze shook the fur of the young newcomer as he appeared in the starry plains of Starclan. The sky was covered with stars and the young RiverClanner was standing next to a clear stream full of prey. A mysterious fog surrounded his paws and before he could say something, a small calico she-cat was walking toward him.

She wasn't the common Riverclan warrior you could see every day. Unlike her fellow clanmates, she was small and she had short legs. However, she was sleek and beautiful. Her yellow eyes emerged from the woods and a cheerful smile appeared in her muzzle when she met her son's gaze. Tears of happiness started to show up in her eyes but the warrior didn't let them out. It wasn't a moment to cry like she used to do. It was a moment to celebrate... because it was the first time her son will see his real mother, the cat who died giving birth to him and his siblings. "Hello, Cinderpaw... I've been watching you over your siblings and you for so long... You don't know how much I missed you all..." She mewed softly and sincerely. The Starclan didn't know what to expect from his reaction... she really hoped that he would be happy to finally meet her...

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:06

OOC: "Tears of happiness started to show up in his eyes...because it was the first time his son will see his real mother"
I believe you mean her for the instances in bold, as it is in Cinderpaw(female)'s PoV. Might want to fix that! ^w^

IC: Cinderpaw opened his eyes to see the calico pelt that reminded him of his siblings. He began to freak out for a moment. What if one of his siblings had died while he was away!? As she came into view, all bad feelings went away. The cat that stood before him fit the way Jaystream had described her, moons ago. "She was small like Littlekit and her legs were slightly shorter than average. But she was beautiful, sweet and kind. Her fur was similar to your brother's, Brightkit but she had your eyes like I said." Cinderpaw knew that this she-cat was the one he was named for. "Mother? Is that you?" He asked. Perhaps it was someone else and he was wrong. But it had to be Cinderpaw. It had to be her. Tears welled up as he ran into her fur. This was his mother, the cat he had been longing to see ever since he learned her name. "Why did Starclan have to take you?" He said between sniffles. "Jaystream misses you a lot." He smiled at the sight of his mother. He had been waiting his whole life for this moment.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 12:09

OOC: That's Why I hate roleplaying two cats in one post XD

IC:

A bright appeared on her muzzle when he recognized. The shy and quiet she-cat nodded energetically and smiling, answering her son's question. With a purr, the warrior returned his embrace and she nuzzled his neck fur gently. If he wasn't so tall like his father, she would have probably licked his tears and forehead. However, feeling so near after moons... that was enough. Cinder stepped back a bit to see her son better. He surely was a perfect resemblance of his father, except for his yellow eyes that were exactly like hers. "It was my time to go, Cinderpaw... I might have died young but Starclan granted my only wish: have a family... have you and all your siblings." She purred, putting one of her paws in his fluffy, pale chest.

When Cinderpaw mentioned her mate, she just smiled, nostalgic and turned her gaze to the horizon, remembering all the times she watched Jaystream from Starclan. "I know... I've been watching over him too but I'm happy that he at least... have all of you and good friends. I'm also very grateful to Goldeneye. She was the mother I couldn't be for you and she is also the one who's keeping Jaystream together." She mewed, remembering how she saw her and her mate talking about what to do with their kits. The medicine cat was a nice cat to the tom... Thanks to her, Jaystream wouldn't be alone.

Her yellow returned to see Cinderpaw and the small she-cat tilted her head to one side, smiling. "But you're not here to talk about this, right?" She took her paw away from his chest and sat down in front of a clear, beautiful stream. With her tail, she pointed the place where the tom should sit, right next to her. Starclan didn't choose her to speak to Cinderpaw for a family reunion... She was there because she had to teach her son something before he turned into a warrior, just like queens used to do with her kits.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 14:59

OOC: ;) all good
shorrrttt

IC: Cinderpaw frowned. She was right. "Well... I guess not."

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 18:46

The she-cat smiled as she wrapped her tail around her white paws. Her yellow, motherly eyes looked at her son, apprehensively. "I've noticed that you've been a bit... angry during the past moons... Is everything alright? Because I noticed you've been a little mean toward your own clanmates because of this... But you know that it isn't their fault, right?" She wasn't scolding him. Cinder wasn't the type of she-cat that could get angry at her son. After all, she had always shown a kind motherly nature. "You're a good and kind tom, just like your father. And I'm sure you can be better. I see potential inside of you. However, you've been using this in a positive way for yourself and your clanmates, don't you think? So, I want to know, is anything disturbing you, my son?"

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:03

Cinderpaw blinked. Angry? He narrowed his eyes. "What? No!" He thought back to the recent events. He had been rather mean lately. Images flashed through his head. Mudpaw crying, Nutfur and Duckpuddle getting annoyed with him, Dewshine and Lakewhisper getting worried about his wellbeing. With a pang, he realized they were only trying to help. "No, there isn't..." He used to be so nice! Why did he change? He had to go back!

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 17:47

As a mother and a perceptive cat, Cinder noticed the surprised and worried look of her son when he realized how he had been acting. The she-cat closed her eyes, understanding, and she laid a paw on his shoulder, giving him a warm smile. "Shh..." Se purred, trying to comfort him for all the times she couldn't. "Don't worry... you're not a bad tom, Cinderpaw... Sometimes, we just go through bad moments when we're young and we don't even understand why we feel so angry. It's normal. I once snapped at your dad because of that... However, the important thing is that you recognize that your words and attitude affect the ones surrounding you, your family, and your clanmates who want the best for you. You're so similar to your father in more ways than you can imagine, that's why I know you're not naturally like that. There's kindness in your heart and an inner strength that makes you strong enough to overcome any difficulty in your way. You just need to learn how to control that and be good with the ones that are trying to help you, wouldn't you like that too from a cat you want to help?"

She stood up and approached him once more, licking his cheek lovingly like she did once when he was a kit who wasn't even capable of opening his eyes. "My time with you is coming to an end, Cinderpaw. As your mother, I have only two things to say you: stay true to yourself and don't forget the kind and warm-hearted cat you can be. As long as you stay loyal to your clan, you'll find happiness just like I did." She mewed remembering the days she wished to leave the clan because she wasn't able to be like the other warriors. But Jaystream changed her mind. He gave her a home in Riverclan, a family. Because she stayed, she was happy now, even in her afterlife. "The second thing is something you can't forget: No matter what happens... I love you, Cinderpaw... and I can't wait to see the day you become a warrior."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinderpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next