Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Early hunting:

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Early hunting: Empty
PostSubject: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 am

It was a chilly day. Swiftstep was heading over to the apprentice's den to take his newest apprentice, Acornpaw, hunting. Today would be her first day out and while he was teaching her to hunt, he'd also give her a tour of the territory.

Before he realized, he had already set foot in the den. The tom began to search for her pelt and once he found her, he quietly padded over to her sleeping form and gently nudged her with a paw. "Wake up Acornpaw. Time to go hunting! Meet me at the camp entrance!" the warrior softly said. He then walked out and then over to the camp entrance to wait for the apprentice.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

Characters : [A]cornpelt, [S]ootpaw, [R]accoonpaw, [M]ilkpaw, [Al]derpaw
Clan/Rank : [A] WindClan Warrior, [S] SkyClan Apprentice, [R] SkyClan Apprentice, [M] RiverClan Apprentice, [Al] ThunderClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Acornpaw blinked as she woke up, feeling the cold breeze brush against her pelt. She yawned a little loudly, causing the other apprentices to shift slightly in their sleep.
"Right, today's my first day of training!" Acornpaw thought in her mind.
She stepped outside the den, stretching for a few moments, before padding off to join Swiftstep at the camp's main entrance.

Acornpelt | Sootpaw | Raccoonpaw | Milkpaw | Alderpaw
She-cat | Tom | Tom | She-cat | Tom
Warrior | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice
WindClan | SkyClan | SkyClan | RiverClan | ThunderClan
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Swiftstep gave Acorpaw his signature grin. "Alright let's head out! We'll be able to catch a good amount of prey if we're this early!" he said while exiting the camp. The tom lead the way to his favorite hunting spot but not before taking a few paths to show the different parts of the territory. They soon arrived to a notable landmark of Windclan territory, and his personal favorite place to think, the Lone Stump. "Look here Acornpaw! This is where I come to think and just take time to relax. You can also see many of the rabbit dens from here! Tell me, is there anything you can spot from here?" he asked as he turned to the apprentice. He was hoping that she'd be able to spot a whit rabbit. They were more common now that it was winter but they'd be changing soon once its new-leaf.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

Clan/Rank : [A] WindClan Warrior, [S] SkyClan Apprentice, [R] SkyClan Apprentice, [M] RiverClan Apprentice, [Al] ThunderClan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Acornpaw followed closely behind Swiftstep, gazing around at the huge open expanse of what was WindClan's territory with wide eyes. As Swiftstep and her arrived at the Lone Stump, she could definitely tell that this was a good spot for thinking and relaxing when Swiftstep mentioned so. Speaking her mind, Acornpaw replied, "It does look like a very nice spot. I'll be sure to hog it," she added with a glint of humor in her eyes.
Acornpaw intently gazed around, inspecting the wide expansion for prey. Looking over it too fast, she wasn't able to spot the rabbit's flurry white pelt against the snow. "I can't spot anything." Acornpaw replied, drooping her head and ears.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Swiftstep chuckled when Acornpaw told him she'd hog the spot. "You may join me sometime but please don't hog it!" he said while grinning. The warrior let her scout out for a bit. "That's alright Acornpaw. Rabbits with white pelts are very hard to spot against this snow." the warrior explained. Swiftstep began to look for a rabbit that was out of its burrow himself. He spotted movement in the snow not too far. "Look Acornpaw! Can you see it?" The tom directed his gaze to it and allowing Acornpaw to follow his vision.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 am

Acornpaw followed the tom's gaze as she spotted the rabbit. "How did I not notice that?" Acornpaw thought, her whiskers slightly twitching in frustration. She shook it off and replied, "Yes, I see it." Keeping her voice low, she looked up at Swiftstep. "How do I catch it? Or are you going to demonstrate?"

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 5:00 pm

"I'm going to demonstrate and then you're going to try and spot another and try to catch that one on your own. Pay close attention to how I move Acornpaw." the warrior said while moving down the hill of the Lone stump. He dropped down onto a hunter's crouch. His tail was off the and level with the ground. His paws were spread to evenly distribute his weight and his back was pointing upwards. He was watching the rabbit closely to make sure it didn't suspect him at all. Once he was in the clear, the tom dashed forward and sprung at the rabbit.

Swiftstep gasped and in mid-air swung himself backwards to try and stop. At the last minute, he had noticed a white fox running up to the rabbit. He dodged out of the way of its snapping jaws. He then slid under it and raked its belly from beneath it. He got up and signaled to Acornpaw to hurry and fight beside him.
------------------------------------------
Swiftstep used Half-Turn Belly Rake, dealing 15 damage and using 20 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
220/240

Fox:
75/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
80/80

OOC: I swear my luck is much better than this! Lel but the dice wanted to give us a battle! Okay since I rolled a 10, a predator of my choice from here (Scroll down) will be rped by me. In this case, I will rp a fox. I will use this to document the hp and sp of the characters. Swiftstep is an experienced warrior so he'll use the one that says "Experienced Warrior: 80 (hp)/240 (sp)". Acornpaw will use the one that says "Apprentice: 20/80" and I'll use the one that says "Fox: 90/280" for the fox. You can find the moves Acorn, Swift, and the fox can use here. Sp is the Stanima points/cost. Hp is Health points. The battle system page tells you what moves can be used by what rank, what they do and if you need to roll the "effect dice" and what the move should look like in battle. Use the format I used when listing what move Acornpaw used. Acorn only has 6 moves she can use: Front paw blow that only deals 4 damage, Frontpaw strike that deals 6 damage, Belly rake that deals 7 damage, Leap-and-hold that deals 6 damage and you also have to roll the effect dice to see for how many turns you'll be using it for, Run-and-tackle that will deal 6 damage or 9 (6 + 3 extra) damage to an opponent not focused on you, and finally Tail yank that will do 2 damage but will stun the opponent for 1 turn.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Middy on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15081

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 5:00 pm

The member 'Middy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Early hunting: Mistpe10
Early hunting: Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Acornpaw closely observed Swiftstep's stance. As she watched Swiftstep give chase to the rabbit, she barely even noticed the movement of the fox out of the corner of her eye.
Acornpaw looked confused as she saw Swiftstep trying to halt, she only then noticed the white-furred fox also running towards the rabbit. It was not long before Acornpaw obeyed Swiftstep, hurling herself towards the fox, springing onto the fox's back, raking her claws down it's back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw used Leap-and-hold, dealing 6 damage and using 10 SP.

Acornpaw:
20/20
70/80

Fox:
69/90
280/280

-------------

OOC: Are there other formats you can use on that last bit, showing your HP and SP? I just copied yours because I felt iffy about it. XP

Last edited by Cleanheritage on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15081

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:00 pm

The member 'Cleanheritage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 11:33 am

OOC: Ahhhhhh schools is killing me! I'm piled up with work! :< Also, there are other formats. This is just the one i've always used! :3 Don't forget to include how many turns the fox is stunned. It's stunned for 2 turns because you rolled a 5. 1-3 is one turn and 4-6 is 2 turns.

IC: The pale fox snarled and began to try and escape the apprentice's grip but failed. It felt a heavier weight on it. It cried out in pain as the cat raked it's belly.
-----------------------------------------
Swiftstep nodded at Acornpaw and helped hold it down. He then began to rake his sharp claws on it's belly. He left many scars.
-----------------------------------------
Swiftstep used Belly Rake, dealing 14 damage and using 10 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
210/240

Fox:
55/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
70/80

Fox is stunned for one more turn.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 pm

OOC: Don't worry about it! School should come first before more unimportant things. You spent your time wisely. Also, got it! Thanks!
2nd OOC: Okay- so if my attack lasts for 2 turns, do I end up using the battle damage and stamina cost twice? This battle system is kind of confusing, but I guess I'm getting the hang of it XP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw flinched her head back as the fox attempted to turn its head and snap her. She smiled slightly with satisfaction when the fox was distracted by Swiftstep's blow on the belly. She continued to pin the fox down, sinking her claws deeper into the fox's back. Acornpaw knew she was more scrawny than most other cats- so she knew that holding and pinning the fox down while Swiftstep did most of the damage was likely the best method. After all, she had to use most of her wit against the fox- for the fox has some of its own wit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw used Leap-and-hold for 2 turns, dealing 12 damage in total and using 20 SP.

Swiftstep:
80/80
210/240

Fox:
49/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
60/80

Fox is no longer stunned and can attack.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am

OOC: Yeah. Since you're using Leap-and-hold twice, you deal 12 damage altogether and end up using 20 sp altogether. Also, I had to post twice before the fox could deal an attack. It'll begin attacking after you post again.

IC: The fox struggled as hard as it could and eventually successfully freed itself from the grip of the cats. It jumped up and snarled at them. They were going to pay!
-------------------------------------
Swiftstep's eyes widened as he felt their grips loosen as the predator struggled hard. He hissed as the creature jumped away from them. Oh no it didn't! The tom reared up on his hind legs and let out a fury of painful strikes upon the fox's face with his unsheathed paws. The warrior backed away and growled at the opponent.
-------------------------------------
Swiftstep used Upright Front Paws, dealing 15 damage and using 20 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
190/240

Fox:
34/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
60/80

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 am

Acornpaw's pupils widened as she felt the fox free from her grasp. She huffed as she landed on the ground, no longer weighing the fox down. While Swiftstep distracted the fox, Acornpaw was sneaking up on it from behind, before firmly clamping her jaws down on the fox's tail and pulling as hard as she could.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 2 damage and using 10 SP.

Swiftstep:
80/80
190/240

Fox:
32/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
50/80

Fox is stunned for one turn.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm

The fox growled as the apprentice yanked its tail. It stood there stunned long enough for the larger cat to slide underneath it and rake its belly. it squeaked and its legs trembled. It was showing weakness.
---------------------------------------------
Swiftstep slid under the Fox and raked it's belly from under it. He then rolled out and jumped back up and stood in front of Acornpaw protectively. He wasn't going to let it hurt her.
---------------------------------------------
Swiftstep used Half-Turn Belly Rake, dealing 15 damage and using 20 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
170/240

Fox:
17/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
50/80

Fox is no longer stunned.

PitaPata Cat tickers