Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Let Me Teach You (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6733

Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 9:48

Quailfeather saw the owl moments before her apprentice did- he was too focused on the chaffinch- and ran towards him, hoping in vain to warn him. "Lionpaw, look out!" But it was too late. The large bird flew screeching towards him, claws about to strike his pelt- but she got there first. The senior warrior shoved the golden tom out of the way, taking the blow meant for him. The owl's talons were sharper than she'd been expecting, but Quailfeather had been in her fair share of battles so she managed not to flinch at the pain. She was more worried about Lionpaw than herself. "You don't know how to fight yet," she yowled to him, aiming a blow at the flurry of feathers. "Go get somewhere safe! I can handle the owl!"

Quailfeather used Blocking Leap and Swift Strike, taking 10 damage, dealing 7 damage to the owl and costing 25 stamina.

Quailfeather:
90/100 HP
255/280 HP

Owl:
43/50 HP
110/120 SP

Lionpaw:
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

OOC: Good job with the battle system! :)

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Lionstorm

Lionstorm

Characters : [L]ionstorm, [B]ramblepaw, [W]hitepaw, [R]edkit
Clan/Rank : Lionstorm - Young Warrior of Windclan, Bramblepaw - Apprentice of Thunderclan, Whitepaw - Apprentice of Windclan
Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 22:51

Lionpaw felt the shove of his mentor more than he saw it, a powerful impact in his flank and the next thing he knew he was skidding along the moorland before sprawling out on the ground. The golden tom leapt to his feet in an instant as he shook his head clear of the surprise and fear he'd felt as those talons had raked at him only to be intercepted by Quailfeather. Her words stung, not just the young Cat's pride, but his sense of duty to his mentor, he didn't know how to fight like a Warrior it was true, but this was just a big bird and he knew how to hunt birds, he wouldn't let her stand alone against an enemy because he hadn't been paying enough attention. He would fight shoulder to shoulder with his mentor and accept the punishment for disobedience later.

The large Apprentice waited for the Owl to become focused on Quailfeather before dashing to a position behind the embattled bird, as he positioned himself the young tom gave out a roar of challenge as he threw himself at the Owl's exposed back. Using his bulk to slam into the bird, Lionpaw latched on with his claws to pin the creature as best as possible, feeling the powerful muscles and stiff feathers writhe under his claws, "I Can't hold it long!" He yowled to his mentor.

Lionpaw used Leap and Hold, dealing 6 damage to the owl and costing 10 stamina, Owl is pinned for 1 turn.

Quailfeather:
90/100 HP
255/280 HP

Owl:
37/50 HP
110/120 SP

Lionpaw:
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Whitepaw - Apprentice of Windclan - 20 HP / 80 SP

Bramblepaw - Apprentice of Thunderclan - 20 HP / 80 SP

Redkit - Kit of Skyclan - 5 HP / 15 SP

Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 X3EaC

Last edited by Lionguy on Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 22:51

The member 'Lionguy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 Mistpe10
Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 15:21

Quailfeather let out a slight sigh of exasperation at the apprentice's refusal to get to safety, but in reality she was proud of his persistence as well as his ability to pick up abilities quickly. Without any formal battle training, he held his own against the owl reasonably well. Claws unsheathed, the lithe senior warrior reared up on her hind legs, getting leverage on the large bird in order to better attack it, slicing through its feathers and into its flesh, careful not to cut Lionpaw.

Quailfeather used Rear-up-to-Slash on the owl, dealing 17 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Quailfeather:
90/100 HP
240/280 HP

Owl:
20/50 HP
110/120 SP

Lionpaw:
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Lionstorm

Lionstorm

Clan/Rank : Lionstorm - Young Warrior of Windclan, Bramblepaw - Apprentice of Thunderclan, Whitepaw - Apprentice of Windclan
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 15:51

Lionpaw struggled against the bird, feeling it strain against him as Quailfeather's claws ripped through it. Some instinctive part of his brain knew that the feathered monster was going to break free of his hold now that blind survival and desperation had gripped it. The Owl knew that it couldn't survive a fight with the two Cats and it's wide eyes rolled back in terror, the golden Apprentice knew he had to find a way to fight this creature before he let go, and as if a lightning bolt had struck the young cat's memory he was brought back to the first time he'd wrestled as a kit with Wolfpaw.

The tom laughed a little as he realised how mad his plan was, putting himself close to those talons was almost suicide, he only hoped the Owl would be so shocked by the cat's attack that he could get away with it with minimal wounds. Without another thought to his own safety, Lionpaw gripped the wing joints of the owl where the feathery appendages met its torso and rolled over its head to position himself underneath the bird. Before it could react at the young cat's madness he kicked out furiously with his powerful hind legs, his black, thorn-sharp claws raking along the creature's soft underside.

Lionpaw used Belly Rake on the owl, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 stamina. Owl is no longer pinned.

Quailfeather:

90/100 HP
240/280 HP

Owl:
13/50 HP
110/120 SP

Lionpaw:
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 16:17

The owl was almost finished. Lionpaw pulled an expert move for a new apprentice, sliding under the creature's belly to rake it with sharp claws, and then coming back out. After all the prey they'd caught today, the giant bird would be the perfect crown. Almost single-pawed, they could refill WindClan's fresh-kill pile. Quailfeather struck the struggling owl across the neck with her claws, giving the poor beaten-down thing a quick and painless death. It would feed the whole nursery. "Thank you, StarClan, for this prey," the senior warrior said breathlessly, still flooded with adrenaline. She needed a moment. Seeing her apprentice in danger had been terrifying.

Quailfeather used Front Paw Strike on the owl, dealing 14 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Quailfeather
90/100 HP
230/280 HP

Owl:
0/50 HP

Lionpaw:
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Back to top Go down
Lionstorm

Lionstorm

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 16:25

Lionpaw stood on trembling legs, his whole body shaking as the adrenaline left his body and left him with the fear that he'd almost been killed. The young cat looked at Quailfeather wide-eyed over the corpse of the Owl, his voice cracked and the fur around his eyes glistening from unshed tears, "I'm so sorry Quailfeather." He trembled, trying not to collapse, and for the first time that morning the golden tom looked his age, for while he may be and apprentice it was only hours ago that he was still a kit of the clan. His words began to tumble out of his jowls in a jumble of apologies and self flagellation, "I wasn't paying attention, I was too focused on the chaffinch and lost sight of the moors, I should have been scenting the air the whole time, are you hurt?" The young apprentice's eyes were wide with the fear that he'd gotten her hurt, "I'll get the Medicine Cat for you!" he babbled as he moved towards the direction of the camp but stopped as he realised he was likely in trouble for disobeying and didn't want to make things worse.

The nervous energy flooded out of the young cat and he seemed to shrink before her, "Can I still be your apprentice?" he mewed in a defeated tone, never before had the golden tom looked so small and defeated.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2018 - 9:09

Quailfeather was stunned for a moment, then burst out laughing. Her laughter filled the clearing for a few seconds, lighting up her face, until she got ahold of herself and stopped. She was still smiling. "You're sorry? Lionpaw, that was brilliant! You're a brand new apprentice, you haven't learned a single battle move, and you still managed to hold your own against an owl twice your size? Amazing! Not to mention all the prey you just caught.... Ashstar would have my head if I didn't train you to your full potential." The senior warrior was beaming, light blue eyes alight with pleasure as they gazed sincerely into the tom's. "I'm proud of you, Lionpaw." The few moments of showing her happiness over, the she-cat snapped back into business as a mentor. No more softness. But even as her smile disappeared, her eyes still twinkled. "Right, then, let's get this prey back to camp, and me over to Mottleheart. Our Clanmates will eat well today. Don't forget, Cedarfur is waiting for you to clean out his moss."

Back to top Go down
Lionstorm

Lionstorm

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2018 - 23:19

Lionpaw dropped his head, shame-faced, his fur growing hot with embarrassment as her praise washed over the young Apprentice. Of course he'd over-reacted, things had gone well, even if Quailfeather had a few scratches on her, she'd be fine and heal quickly, and of course they had indeed caught a lot of prey. The golden tom nodded at his orders and rolled the owl onto its back and loaded the rest of the freshly dug up prey onto its belly.

Lionpaw carefully pinned the two wings of the owl together in his jaws, using it as a make-shift carrying device so that he could carry all the prey, "I'll get this to camp if you want to run ahead and see Mottleheart." He mewed around a mouthful of feathers, "Then I'll go and change Cedarfur's moss, I'll be sure to take him some fresh-kill as well." The Apprentice said dutifully and began the process of dragging his bundle back to camp.

-END-

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Me Teach You (Closed)   Let Me Teach You (Closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let Me Teach You (Closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: