Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Characters : [C] - Cloudroar | [F] - Frostwing | [La] - Lakewhisper
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1658

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 10:43

Littlebrook grimaced as she swallowed one of the bitter bundles of herbs that Roaringblaze had given her for Newtpaw's journey to the moonstone. As she finished, she padded towards Newtpaw and dropped the bundle at the apprentices paws. "Are you ready for the journey to Highstones?" She meowed with a warm smile. As soon as he had responded, she nosed the herbs towards the tom, "Go ahead and eat these. They aren't that great tasting, but they do their job." She meowed.

My Characters
Post here if you need me!
Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Sign_s13
Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 12:19

The trip to the Moonstone was a huge milestone in the life of an apprentice, and Newtpaw was more than ready to begin. He knew that the journey wasn't going to be all fun and games, and it wouldn't be effortless and easy, either. The calico tom lowered her gaze to look at the traveling herbs that Littlebrook had set in front of him. From what most cats had said about these herbs, he already knew that they weren't going to taste delicious. It was what he had to do, so, he decided to just shake it off and swallow them. Newtpaw lowered his head and ate the bundle of traveling herbs, quickly. At first, he scowled, and then he cringed from the taste. It was bitter and nasty, but he managed to make himself swallow it anyways. It would all be worth it in the end.
"Thanks." The tom told Littlebrook after the herbs went down his throat. The one downside was that he still had to suffer because of the sour aftertaste. The apprentice looked at the deputy with enthusiasm shining in his yellow eyes which signified that he was ready to begin the journey.

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 19:19

"Okay, let's go." She purred fondly at the tom's enthusiasm. They headed out quietly as the rest of the camp was just stirring. It was just dusk, and the clan was waking up for their nightly duties. As they padded towards Highstones, they reached the Thunderpath quite quickly and she went through her instructions on how to cross it safely. "Alright?" She finished before waiting for an opening. "Now!" She yowled before hurling herself across the stinking black path.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 19:36

From the part of the trip that went from the camp to the Thunderpath, Newtpaw's enthusiasm was still bright and evident as he padded along with Littlebrook. The calico tom was sure to listen to everything that the ShadowClan deputy said about crossing the Thunderpath. He wouldn't want anything to happen on his way to the Moonstone. His yellow eyes looked over at the black path that had fumes that burned his nose, and he waited silently for Littlebrook's signal. Once he heard the she-cat yell the words 'go', the tom practically threw himself at the Thunderpath. He heard the small thudding as his paws hit the path while he ran across, and a rush of adrenaline went through him from the tip of his ears to the tip of his tail. He didn't stop running until he reached the other side of the Thunderpath and landed in the foliage that provided safety from the disgusting path.

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 19:37

After quickly making sure that Newtpaw had safely made it across, she began moving again. "Come on. We're almost there, Newtpaw." She called behind her as they made their way across the grassy terrain.

Not long after, they finally approached Highstones and Littlebrook carefully explained all the apprentice would need to know before descending down to the Moonstone. After what seemed like a while, they finally entered the cavern that held the Moonstone. "Okay now just touch your nose to the stone and StarClan will meet you on the otherside."

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 20:07

Newtpaw looked around at the cave walls that held the Moonstone in awe. The large stone was casting a brilliant light that shone all around the cave. It even reflected off of the pelts of the two cats that were near. With a silent yet eager nod, the tom apprentice padded up to the Moonstone and took a deep breath. It was time to speak with StarClan, whether he wanted to or not. Then again, what cat wouldn't want to speak with StarClan.
Well... maybe some cats didn't... he couldn't imagine who, but that was aside from the point. He pressed his nose against the stone and sucked in a breath after realizing how cold it was to the touch. However, his reaction to the stone didn't last for long, because he fell asleep immediately after he closed his eyes.

Newtpaw opened his eyes and flicked his ear. He was no longer in the main cave that held the luminous Moonstone, he was in a starry field that was far prettier than the single glowing stone. It was as if the Moonstone had been multiplied. He took a small step forward and then paused. This must be StarClan.
"Um, hello?" The tom began, looking around for the cat that he'd be speaking with tonight.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 12:41

"Hello there,"
An apprentice-sized tom stepped out of the grass gracefully. He had long white fur and a bright orange tail, and scars littered his chest and face. His eyes were two different colors- one of them was a bright olive shade, and the other was a brilliant blue.
Altogether, the tom looked quite strange. However, there was something about him that made young Newtpaw relax.
"Newtpaw." The white warrior sat down and looked up at the tom. "Nobody comes to Starclan without a reason. Tell me, what would you like to know?"

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 15:27

Of course, Newtpaw wasn't going to be stupid and waste his time on asking if the cat was a StarClan cat. He also didn't waste his time on asking which Clan the apprentice-sized tom had come from. He was here to ask legitimate and meaningful questions, but his throat seemed to clog up once he was asked. Newtpaw cocked his head to the side. Throughout his apprenticeship, he had come up with tons of answers to ask whichever StarClan cat he would be seeing. Now that the time was here, he seemed to be completely stuck. He had no clue if this tom could tell the future, or tell him what was in store for his upcoming life, so he had to try and twist the question to make it sound different than what he simply wanted to say. It would have the same meaning, though.
"Well," Newtpaw began, flicking his calico tail, "I don't want to be incredibly basic and ask if I'll be a good warrior in the future, but... I just wanna know what it has in store for me. What'll I do? Who will I be? Will I make a significant mark in my life and on ShadowClan? Do you know any of this?"

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 20:08

The fluffy warrior smiled and sat down, wrapping his bushy red tail around his small paws neatly. "Who'll you be?" He laughed. "I'm afraid that's not up to me, Newtpaw- although I don't suppose it's fair that I know your name and you don't know mine. My name is Ginger, but that's beside the point."
He blinked his curious eyes, a smile still on his maw. "It's not my power- or anyone in Starclan's -to determine anything about your life. The only one who can decide your future, Newtpaw, is you."
Ginger paused for a moment, letting the words sink in before he spoke again, at a quicker pace now.

"So I can't tell you your future. But I can tell you the present.
You, Newtpaw, are both arrogant and ignorant. The world files past you; you're about to miss it. You're going to miss the greatest moment of your life, you're about to pass off the best thing that'll ever happen to you as ordinary, Newtpaw, and the only one who can stop that is you."
The white tom paused.
"You need to slow down, Newtpaw."

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 22:01

Ignorant?
The word burned into Newtpaw's mind like a cat claw that was on fire. He even sucked in a breath and cringed as if the word that burned into his head inficted physical pain. He wasn't ignorant, was he? He wasn't arrogant either! He was a loyal, strong, and dedicated apprentice of ShadowClan that was ready to do whatever he could to benefit his Clan. When he benefitted his Clan he benefitted himself, and since he was benefitting himself he was able to continue to benefit ShadowClan. It was a cycle! That wasn't arrogant or ignorant, right? He tried to suppress his irritation by swallowing back whatever sassy retort he had on the tip of his tongue, but he still rolled his yellow eyes despite his attempt.
I wasn't aware that this trip was in place for the sole purpose of insulting me. Newtpaw thought with sarcasm.

"Slow down?" He blurted out, not even caring about the fact that his thoughts had spilled out.
"What does that even mean? It's not like I have a mate or kits to take care of, it's not like I have an apprentice to train! I don't have patrols to organize, a Clan to lead, or herbs to collect!"
The tom narrowed his yellow eyes. Now that he was yelling, the adrenaline was heating his body and giving him the urge to continue.
'Slow down'... what does that even mean?

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 30 Dec 2017 - 21:14

Ginger didn't move as Newtpaw shouted at him. He just sat quietly until the tom had shouted himself into silence.
"You are right to be angry." He finally spoke, and his words were slow and quiet. "You are young- I don't expect you to understand."
The fluffy white tom didn't look angry as he slowly got to his feet. No... instead, a deep disappointment stirred in his bright eyes. "You have greatness in you, Newtpaw. Take some time and be open-minded, and you will become one of the brightest stars in the forest."
The tom turned and began to walk away. "And one more thing," He mewed over his shoulder. "Respect your elders."
With a laugh, the tom vanished.
Newtpaw stood in the field for a breath, and suddenly a great wind began to whip around him. He struggled for a moment, but a second later the tom woke up beside the Moonstone. A brief flicker of red flashed in the corner of his eye, but by the time Newtpaw could've gotten a proper look it was long gone.

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 1 Jan 2018 - 12:10

Confusion flickered in the apprentice's eyes as he listened to Ginger speak. He hated being confused, he just wanted to understand. He knew deep down that he should regard the StarClan cat's words with respect, but he couldn't help but be angry. Wouldn't any other cat be a bit upset if they were in his place? He didn't say anything in response to Ginger, but he didn't have enough time to speak, anyways. However, one particular part of the StarClan cat's words burned into his mind.
'you will become one of the brightest stars in the forest.'
Even though he was still fairly confused, the tom couldn't help but feel a grin spread on his muzzle after Ginger disappeared. He'd be great... but he had to be, uh, open-minded. Wasn't he already open-minded? The tip of his calico tail twitched. If he was so young, then when would he finally be old enough to understand it all? The brief red flicker in the corner of Newtpaw's eyes made him quickly unsheath his claws, then before he could actually examine it better, it had vanished quicker than it had come.
"Littlebrook," He started as he turned towards the ShadowClan deputy, "I'm ready to return to ShadowClan."
Now that he had spoken with a StarClan cat, he could become a warrior and become one of the brightest stars in the forest. Of course, the vision of greatness blinded Newtpaw, considering that he was young and only focused on the thinnest layer of what Ginger had said, and it would take time for him to get it, but for now, the tortoiseshell cat decided to wallow in the fact that a StarClan cat had said he'd be great.
Well, that was true... but only if he was 'open-minded'...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: