Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

This Isn't My Happy Ending

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3847

This Isn't My Happy Ending Empty
PostSubject: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 21:46

(See the Upside Down, Stranger Things.)
Sunpaw jumped to her feet, her green eyes wide. "W-what?" She spat, looking around in confusion. "Where am I?"

Her fur prickled ever so slightly as she struggled to discover where she was. It looked like the forest of her homeland but... off. The trees were gray and slimy. The ground was rough and so cold it burned her feet. Slick mucus hung from the tree's bare branches in slippery ropes, and the gray mist that clung to the dirt around her seemed to be trying to swallow her feet. Bits of ash floated through the air like snow, and she could barely see shadows moving at the edge of her vision.
Her fear was rising now, and she began to shiver.
"Where am I?!" She screeched, trying to fill the deafening silence that was pressing itself against her ears.
"Where am I? Please! Please!" A sob made her breath hitch as she spun wildly, her pupils dilating with fear. "Help! Help me, please help me! Please!"

She whipped around as branches cracked behind her and began to run, dodging between trees. The fear was overpowering now, spilling over like a river bursting its banks. Her heart was beating so hard it nearly burst as she ran, the whites of her eyes flashing as tears flowed down her face. "Help!" She screamed, her throat raw. "P-p-please... please... please..."

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 22:59

"Shut up!" Screeched a disembodied voice soon followed by a hacking fit, the mist swirled as a tom came stalking out from the shadows; Rockthorn. "Would you kindly stop your helpless screeching? Really love, It'd be a big help... ya see, I already got a sore throat, I don't need a headache." Snarled a tom with only half a lip, his teeth and gums permanently bared to the world. Scars crissed crossed his face, scars littering his throat like a dozen cats had tried to kill him.

"If you don't shut your pretty little trap, I'll shut it for ya." Threatened the tom, walking circles around the she-cat with a hungry look in his dull green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 14:52

"Who..." Sunpaw's eyes widened as a hauntingly familiar tom stalked towards her, towering over her menacingly.
"Rockthorn?" His name escaped her lips and she whimpered instantly afterward, trying her best to stay silent.
Yes, it was Rockthorn. Thunderclan's former leader's villainous son. And he was standing in front of her.
She had seen his mate's mangled body and knew what he was capable of. But she was already dead, right? And you can't kill someone who's already dead.
That thought made Sunpaw stand up straighter. The tiny golden she-cat turned her head to catch Rockthorn's gaze.
"You can't hurt me." She mewed defiantly. "I'm already dead, aren't I?"

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 20:24

Rockthorn circled closer, pressing against the younger she-cat, his tail pushing against the bottom of her chin flirtatiously. "Oh, Love~ How naive you are~" The tom forcefully nuzzled against her cheek before padding away a distance. "There's no cat that can live in the Dark Forest!" Rockthorn chuckled, his muzzle contorting, an ugly mass of scars making him look unreal. Padding back towards Sunpaw with a swagger in his step he sneered, "There's no keeping your sanity here, dear." Rockthorn mewed.

Looking across Sunpaw's physique Rockthorn bumped his shoulder against hers, edging closer and closer... and his jaws were around her neck in an instant, slamming her against the muck covered forest floor, leaf mulch covering his paws and Sunpaw. Pressing her muzzle against the ground to keep her quiet, he shifted his paw to rest where his jaws were, his teeth by her ears. "Here... no... one.. can hear... you... scream..." He whispered silkily.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 18:17

Sunpaw hissed softly as Rockthorn approached, but any threats she had died in her throat as he padded around her. She lifted her lip- partially in disgust, partially fear -as he walked by her head once more, bumping her cheek forcefully. The apprentice shifted ever so slightly, her short, rather dull claws nearly hidden by her small, velvety paws. The tiny apprentice stuck out her tongue once Rockthorn's back was turned to her, but whatever childish confidence she had died as soon as Rockthorn turned around.
'There's no cat that can live in the Dark Forest!'
Sunpaw foolishly stood her ground, staring stiffy ahead as Rockthrorn approached her once more.
"What are you..." Rockthorn cut her short, his jaws around her neck before she had time to even blink.
Instead of frightened, however, Sunpaw shook, positively livid. Her fur rose with anger, and she thrashed around furiously. "Gah! Get off of me, you rat-faced, lily-livered s..."
Whatever insults she could think of were muffled as Rockthorn pushed her face into the blood-soaked, slimy mud. She tried to move but couldn't, and she felt her momentary anger died as soon as it came. Maybe she was wrong.
Maybe she could die.
And she had just insulted one of the most dangerous cats in the Dark Forest.

Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySat 9 Dec 2017 - 14:07

"Rockthorn, leave her be." Another tom walked out of the shadows towards the pair, mist clinging to his pelt and swirling around him. His fur was a long reddish-gold, and his tail waved slowly behind him, long and fluffy. He was undoubtedly handsome, but there was something about him that seemed measured, careful, cunning. Dangerous. His eyes gleamed gold in the darkness, and his teeth were bared in a snarl- but it was directed towards the scarred tom, not towards Sunpaw. "She's just an apprentice. There's no reason for you to torment her this way. Not everyone has to be insane, like you. And don't you think you've maimed enough cats in your lifetime? Like a WindClan apprentice, if I recall correctly?" His voice was silky smooth- not in a deranged way, like the other Dark Forest tom's, but calmer, more convincing. However threatening the once-ThunderClan rogue may have been with his scars and his record of kills, something about the new cat made him seem far, far more dangerous. The former WindClan warrior stuck his face into Rockthorn's, unsheathing his claws threateningly. Though it may have been a trick of the light, or just a manifestation of Sunpaw's fear, it looked like his eyes shone blood-red for a few seconds, staring into the rogue's. "Get off her now, fox-heart, or I'll make you. We both know you can't beat me."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 11:13

Rockthorn snarled with contempt as his head swung around to face Lionfur, his scarred face twisting with disgust. "One more cat without a face is just a grain on the dirt pile to me." The tom spat, his tail lashing but none-the-less he stepped off the she-cat, though not without leaving a couple scratches. Lionfur was right though, Rockthorn had only gotten as far as he did with his surprise attacks and cunning. Dipping his head with begrudging respect the tom glowered down at Sunpaw, sightless. "One day I'll get the jump on you, and you'll be dead once more. That'll be a happy day for me." Rockthorn spat, after all, the Windclan tom was the only thing keeping him from mauling every resident around.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 17:58

"Rockthorn, leave her be."
Sunpaw gasped quietly, craning her head in an attempt to see the newest cat. She only caught a glimpse of his face, but she already knew she could trust him (At least, more than Rockthorn, if that mean anything). He was very handsome, but there was something else... If the newest tom was hiding anything, he was far too cunning for Sunpaw to sense it. She felt a flicker of fear
The spotted apprentice merely watched as best she could as the golden warrior approached Rockthorn. And, to her surprise, Rockthorn seemed hesitant. His claws faltered ever so slightly on her back as if he was second-guessing his malicious intent. She jumped slightly when the mysterious warrior's claws unsheathed, and her heart began to start up its panicked beat once again. Would he kill her, once Rockthorn was gone? At least with the mangled gray tom, she was able to tell what was going on in his brain, to some extent.
Her fear only grew when she caught sight of his eyes.
They were dark. They were dead. Her lip quivered ever so slightly, and she nearly squeaked when they flashed red, the exact shade of blood.
"We both know you can't beat me."

The once-golden apprentice didn't move as Rockthorn stepped away. Maybe if she played dead, this strange, handsome, terrifying warrior would show her mercy.

Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:35

The new tom kept a snarl on his face as he glared after Rockthorn, waiting until the cat left to take his eyes off the shadowy, shifting forest. When he turned back to Sunpaw, however, his face was kinder. His eyes shone a brilliant gold in the darkness, far more welcoming than the other tom's threatening ones, and a smile played about the corners in his mouth. "Don't worry- you have nothing to fear from me, Sunpaw. It's okay to get back up now." The tom grabbed a mouthful of some plants on the edge of the small clearing before padding back over to the young apprentice, setting them down next to her. Though there was no grass in the Dark Forest, there were some herbs- if you knew where to find them. Perhaps a parting gift from condescending StarClan cats who knew how often their "evil" counterparts were wounded. "Here- it's goldenrod. If you chew it and apply it to those scratches, they'll feel better. Greenleaf, the medicine cat here, taught me some remedies." The tom's voice was kind and gentle, making Sunpaw feel at peace. "Welcome to the Place of No Stars- the place where all those cast off by StarClan go. It's not a place just for evil cats and villains, it's the place where the truly strong and smart Clan cats end up. Of course, there are cats like Rockthorn, but no one likes him. My name's Lionfur- I've been here for a while. What's your name, and what did you do to get on our benevolent ancestors' bad side?" When mentioning StarClan, the tom seemed a little sarcastic, but aside from that his voice was helpful and pleasant- making Sunpaw feel more at ease. Lionfur was nothing if not charismatic.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 17:16

Sunpaw swallowed and slowly got to her feet, her vivid green eyes fixed on the tom's golden ones. Suddenly, all the anger and fearsome strength were gone from his face. He was kind, almost comforting. Sunpaw shuffled her paws as he began to speak once more, offering her a strange-smelling herb. Goldenrod. Sunpaw accepted the gift silently, her dull fur beginning to settle as Lionfur explained the uses of the herbs. The spotted apprentice shook off the new knowledge of Medicine Cats in the Dark Forest. Although the fact was shocking, she wanted to appear as calm and brave as possible in front of this dashing stranger.
Welcome to the Place Of No Stars.
Sunpaw shuddered but forced herself to straighten up as she chewed almost absentmindedly on the goldenrod. 'Truly strong and smart.' Sunpaw liked the thought of that, despite all the cautionary tales she'd heard about how the Dark Forest cats operated through lies. As Lionfur talked, Sunpaw found herself nodding slightly. Yes, he was right. Starclan was the clan at fault here. It was true that horrible cats like Rockthorn and the Mistwalker lived here, but there were good cats too. If Starclan had done a better job, maybe there wouldn't be any more Rockthorns.
She spat the herbs onto whichever wounds she could find just in time to eagerly answer Lionfur's questions.
"My name's Sunpaw." She mewed in a deep voice. "I.. uh, well... There's this cat in my clan, a really bad one called Specklefang that attacked me. The same night she attacked me, I was captured by the Mistwalker and spent countless moons in the Mistwalker's lair. If Specklefang hadn't attacked me, I would've been strong enough to run away.
When I returned, she made it her goal to make my life even worse, using trickery to try and get my own brother to attack me.
By the time I figured out her plot, it was too late and my brother was completely under her spell. I realized... well, I realized that I had to do what I had to do. So I made a plan and took her to the gorge. I was going to try and scare her a little bit, let her slip and then save her at the last second, but I slipped, and managed to hold onto a small bit of rock with one paw.
Specklefang didn't even try to save me. She stepped back and let the cliff crumble. She let me fall onto the jagged rocks below, and she watched as my body slipped into the water..."

Sunpaw didn't mention her brother's name. Although she wanted desperately to trust Lionfur, a weak voice in the back of her mind whispered to tread lightly.

Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 20:22

Lionfur's eyes darkened at the apprentice's tale, the anger he felt at StarClan only growing. Here was a young she-cat who had done nothing wrong, only tried to save herself from some manipulative she-cat, who would probably go to StarClan, and then she was thrown into the Dark Forest for it. Those self-righteous, lying, arrogant.... Forcing himself to calm down, the golden warrior sat down on the slimy ground next to Sunpaw, thinking a little while before replying. Here was not only a mistreated cat, but one who could possibly join their cause. She still seemed to be thinking along the lines that she was in the wrong- but he could change that, if he gained her trust. He sincerely wanted to help the apprentice, and he hoped that she knew it- or at least would know it, at some point. It wasn't exactly like they were going anywhere. The Dark Forest warrior let out a hollow little laugh, with no happiness in it, before turning again to the cat before him. "More evidence of StarClan's unjust 'mercy.' And I'll bet you every mouse in ThunderClan's fresh-kill pile that the piece of scum who let you die will get to join their ranks whenever she dies her peaceful death of old age or greencough. No, Sunpaw, it seems to me like you might even be better off here. What truly good cat would throw an apprentice into hell?" Lionfur's bright amber eyes glinted in the darkness, full of rage at the fox-hearts who would presume to be so much better than the "evildoers" that they cast down into the Place of No Stars, condemning them to an outcast's life of loneliness. Forever. For cats who were supposed to be benevolent, even merciful, that was hard to swallow. Did they really know what fate they were consigning their "enemies" to? Or were they really just that cruel?

"You want to know how I got in here?" the young warrior asked, voice suddenly quiet. He gazed into the shadowy trees in front of him, lost in thought as he remembered his life- it seemed so long ago, though it really hadn't been. Did his family still remember him? Did Nightheart? "I was thrown in here for standing up against a leader who'd caused and condoned the maimings of several apprentices. Not only that, but she refused to bring to justice her own son, the deputy, who'd caused the troubles- which led her Clan into a fruitless war that she didn't even try to stop." His voice held a deep, angry bitterness as he remembered what had happened, though he conveniently left out the part where he'd helped to start the war and maimed an apprentice himself. He often faded into the background in the stories, which were all too keen on incriminating Smokepelt, and he had no problem doing the same with his retellings. Of course, this wasn't the first time he'd spoken to another Dark Forest cat... but it was the first time he'd told somecat who seemed like they might listen to him, actually care enough to help with his cause. "I assumed, of course, that StarClan wouldn't be behind such horrible doings. I believed that they would welcome any help from people ready to get rid of such a corrupt leader. Ha- I was a fool." He spat out the word as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Intent on bringing her to StarClan's justice, I killed her in her den that night. I intended to take all of her lives, to strip her of the power that my ancestors had mistakenly awarded her, when in came the deputy- the one who had maimed the other Clan's son, who had caused the war that left their Clan broken and defeated. He was in on her plans too, of course, how could he not be? He agreed wholeheartedly with what she had been doing... so of course, it was no surprise when he attacked me. Not only attacked me, killed me. Murdered me right there. I guess he conveniently forgot that I had kits, a family who needed me. A mate whom I loved." He had to stop for a little while when he remembered Nightheart. He'd seen her fury after Smokepelt had told the Clan of his doings, adding his little embellishments of course... did she still hate him that much? "After he killed me, he dragged my body before the Clan, telling them of all the horrible things I'd done, how I'd betrayed them and broken the code... how I deserved death. Making up all sorts of lies, discrediting me just to make his crime look justified. All of them believed him- even my own mate... all but one of my daughters, who ran away in despair. Of course, why wouldn't they believe their precious deputy?!" The Dark Forest warrior spat out the word, snarled it, saying it with all the contempt and fury held in his dark and broken heart. He let out a deep breath before turning back to Sunpaw, eyes dull and downcast. Letting her see his pain would certainly help his case. "I woke up here, in the darkness, alone. Instead of saving my Clan from a corrupt leader, all I'd managed to do was get myself killed... and leave my family. Of course, they- they hate me, now..." The tom had to convincingly blink back some tears before continuing, his voice lower and a little more intense now. "No, this is where the cats like us belong- the intelligent ones, the determined ones. The only ones willing to fight the system to get our justice. Walk with me, Sunpaw- I can help you."

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 21:35

Sunpaw's eyes widened when she saw Lionfur's expression. He looked... he looked terrifying.
The moment passed quickly, though, and she didn't run- in fact, she barely stirred -when the impressive tom sat beside her. No matter what her clanmates had taught her about the Dark Forest's lies, nothing about Lionfur seemed fake. His hatred for Starclan, his belief that they were cruel and terrible leaders, seemed entirely genuine. She found herself nodding as he began to speak. It wasn't fair that she was here. She was just an apprentice!
Lionfur's rage was nearly intoxicating. It was so easy to believe that he was right.

The spotted apprentice gritted her teeth when Lionfur told her his story. Why would Lionfur be put here when that horrid deputy was clearly the one at fault? Was Starclan really that cruel?
She felt a jolt of sympathy as Lionfur blinked back tears. Sunpaw nearly tried to comfort the warrior, but she didn't know how he'd react.
"Starclan... but..." Lionfur wouldn't lie to her... he was nearly crying, for Starclan's sake. No, his story was true. Starclan really was horrible.
"No, this is where the cats like us belong- the intelligent ones, the determined ones. The only ones willing to fight the system to get our justice. Walk with me, Sunpaw- I can help you."
"The Dark Forest is where I belong." She whispered.

With a jolt, she realized she had been staring at her paws. "I-I mean... will you? H-Help me, I mean. I only just got here... I-I don't know... anything."

Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptyFri 5 Jan 2018 - 12:09

Yes! It worked! Oh, Smokepelt will rue the day he killed me. I'm coming for you and your kin, Ashstar! Keeping a gleam of triumph out of his eyes, Lionfur nodded sincerely. "I meant what I said, Sunpaw," he informed her, voice a little stronger now. "I want to help you. I was confused when I got here, too- and if it weren't for a few others, I might still be wandering alone in the darkness." Nettletail and some of the others had instilled in him their hatred for StarClan, a hatred he already felt, but hadn't yet realized. He would help Sunpaw do the same. "Without a reason to keep going, without a purpose, our spirits will fade away," the tom warned, standing up as he spoke. "I'm still here, still sane, because I found a purpose. Revenge." The former WindClan warrior unsheathed his claws, letting them gleam in the dim lighting. "I swear to you, Sunpaw, that I will do everything I can to bring you your justice someday. Will you let me teach you, help you become as strong as you can be? Because when the Dark Forest once again has enough power to manifest themselves in the living world, you will have your revenge- if you seize the chance. Will you let me help you, Sunpaw?" Lionfur's eyes were anxious, hopeful, sincere. This was his chance.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 14:47

Sunpaw straightened up, her eyes shining with a new light. For once, she was the strong one. For once, she was in control of her own destiny. And this tom was going to help her. However, the golden tom's next words made her swallow, the smallest, smallest hint of fear creeping back into her heart. Fade away... She needed a purpose.
She had a purpose. She would make Specklefang pay. She would have justice.
The golden she-cat pushed away a small itching voice at the back of her head, whispering caution, and met the Dark Forest warrior's eyes. It would be so easy, so simple to agree. Perhaps the Dark Forest was Starclan. Perhaps she just hadn't realized it yet.
"I-I wanna train." She mewed, mostly trying to convince herself. "I want to grow stronger." Her eyes narrowed in determination, her tail flicking. "I want revenge. I want to make Specklefang pay for what she did to me. I want to make Specklefang pay for throwing me into hell."
She could feel herself teetering on some unknown edge, a dangerous cliff with water on either side.
She didn't know which way to fall.
But Lionfur did.

Sunpaw stood up. "Yes." She mewed, trying to hide all doubt from her voice. "I-I'd be honored to have a cat like you as m-my... mentor."

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't My Happy Ending   This Isn't My Happy Ending Empty

Back to top Go down

This Isn't My Happy Ending
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Dream Territory :: Dark Forest-
Jump to: