Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Battling till the sun sets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [B]lackkit♀ | [Q]uickkit♀
Clan/Rank : [B]-SC / Unborn Kit | [Q]-WC / Unborn Kit
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1968

Battling till the sun sets Empty
PostSubject: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 5:44 am

Crowfur took in a breath of the crisp, early morning air. Today he was going to battle train his son Sootpaw. He walked into the apprentice's den with a smile. "Wake up Sootpaw, we're going to train." he purred softly. He briskly walked back out and sat in front, waiting for the tom to wake up.

Click on either head to go to the respective profile! (N/A yet)
Battling till the sun sets 1f340 Blackkit of Shadowclan Battling till the sun sets 1f340』║『 Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8 Quickkit of Windclan Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8
Battling till the sun sets 1f340 Unborn Kit | 10 [HP] - 30 [SP] Battling till the sun sets 1f340』║『Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8 Kit | 10 [HP] - 30 [SP] Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8
Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Characters : {V}ixenstep {S}himmerpaw {So}otpaw {B}uzzardpaw {D}ovepaw
Clan/Rank : {V}RiverClan Young Warrior {S}SkyClan Apprentice {So}ShadowClan Apprentice {B}SkyClan Apprentice {D}ThunderClan Apprentice
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 5:57 am

Sootpaw woke to the sound of his father's voice. After a small stretch, the black and white apprentice followed Crowfur out of the apprentices' den. "What are we doing today, fath- um,
Crowfur?"
he asked, correcting himself because Crowfur was his mentor now.

Art By Jay Bird
Vixenstep (RiverClan Young Warrior)
[Shimmerpaw (SkyClan apprentice)
Sootpaw (ShadowClan apprentice)
Buzzardpaw (SkyClan apprentice)
Dovepaw (ThunderClan apprentice)
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 7:29 am

Crowfur got up and quickly stretched. He turned to Sootpaw with a small chuckle. "I'm going to battle train you Sootpaw! You must be prepared for anything at any given time." He walked a few paces before looking back. "Let's get moving!" He led his son out of the camp and into Shadowclan territory. He took glances here and there to check if his apprentice was following.

He stopped at a calm section of marshes and dark trees.
. He turned to address the young tom. "Sootpaw, look around. Take everything you see in and remember it all. You must become familiar with your surroundings before we proceed with the training." He walked a few fox-lengths away and stopped. He looked at Sootpaw with a serious expression. "Can you try and guess how we can use what's around us to our advantage in battle?"

Battling till the sun sets 1f340 Blackkit of Shadowclan Battling till the sun sets 1f340』║『 Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8 Quickkit of Windclan Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8
Battling till the sun sets 1f340 Unborn Kit | 10 [HP] - 30 [SP] Battling till the sun sets 1f340』║『Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8 Kit | 10 [HP] - 30 [SP] Battling till the sun sets 1f4a8
Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Clan/Rank : {V}RiverClan Young Warrior {S}SkyClan Apprentice {So}ShadowClan Apprentice {B}SkyClan Apprentice {D}ThunderClan Apprentice
Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 12:50 am

Sootpaw looked around, but could not for the life of him figure out what advantage his surroundings had. So instead he attempted a guess. "Is it because we can hide in the tall grass?" he guessed, sighing at how stupid he sounded.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 am

Crowfur gave an approving purr. "I believe you got a concept! We don't just hide in grass though. We are the stealthiest of all the clans. We use the shadows to sneak up on our unsuspecting enemies. Most of Shadowclan, but not all, have dark pelts. We use that as an advantage when the time comes and we need to hide and sneak. We can jump out and suprise our foes." Crowfur looked down and continued speaking, "Since we also live on marshes, we can temporarily blind our enemies by flinging mud and murky water into thier eyes." the tom explained. He gave a reassuring smile. "Now that you know that all, can you tell me at what time of the day it is best to attack?"
---------------------------
OOC:
Okay, this is how battle training will go. I will have Crowfur "explain/demonstrate" certain things but at the bottom in an "OOC" section I will further elaborate what was taught when Crowfur was speaking/showin.

Now, Crowfur was explaining the "Clan only" moves. It is what it sounds like. Every clan has two clan only moves. They are moves that the clan listed can do in their territory. They can only be used at a certain time of day or at a certain "section" of the clan's territory.

Battling till the sun sets Screen10
Take a look at the two moves that say "Shadowclan." They can be used by any Shadowclan cat no matter their rank. The box under the clan only moves lists how much damage each rank does using those moves. K-means kit. Kits cannot go into battle so they have no damage numbers. A-means apprentice. Those are numbers you need to look at now. NA-means Newly appointed warrior. YW-means Young warrior. W-of course means Warrior. EW-means experienced warrior. SW & D-means Senior warrior and deputy. L-means leader. Going back to the top box, Special effect is basically the requirements that need to be met in order to do those moves. Description is what that move does.

The list of all the clan only moves could be found in the "Battle System" topic under "Rules."

The "Rank System" (NOT "Special Ranks") can be found under "Rules."
Ranks are the health and stanima that each cat/non-cat has. You must list those numbers when in battle.
Battling till the sun sets Screen11

Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 4:50 am

Sootpaw pondered this for a moment. "Nighttime, cause we have dark fur!" he answered, confident in his reasoning.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:28 am

"Yes! Once the sun sets, our surroundings become shadows. We can hide anywhere and most cannot see us." he explained. "Sootpaw, can you try to make yourself blend with your surroundings?" The dark furred tom wanted to see if Sootpaw could make himself "invisible" within his surroundings.

Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:39 am

Sootpaw stared at Crowfur. Because of his large frame, Sootpaw found it hard to blend in with anything. Nevertheless, he tried and looked for a particularly dark spot in the grass. Once he found one, he buried himself in the grass. The white parts of his fur stood out, so he crouched even lower, causing his partly white fur to get covered in mud. Now he was very nearly invisible if he closed his eyes and held his breath. "Is this okay?" he asked.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Crowfur couldn't help a small grin escape. "Excellent Sootpaw! I'm sure that with a little bit more practice, you'll be better!" he said. The dark furred tom then walked away a few paces before turning once more. "Sootpaw, can you tell me all that I have taught you back to me? This is the last thing before I begin to teach you some battle moves!"

Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 1:43 am

"Hmmm... We can use our surroundings to our advantage in battle and our dark fur helps us hide! Nighttime is the best time to strike." the large tom answered.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 am

OOC: I'm very sorry for taking a while! ;^;/ Btw, we'll be using the Battle system now!~ Crowfur was also a YW when I made this topic so that's why his stats are from the Young warrior's row. He's now a warrior.

IC: Crowfur nodded his head. "Well done Sootpaw! I can tell that you have learned well!" The dark furred tom signaled for Sootpaw to come closer. "Okay, as an apprentice, you must learn the very basic of moves to even step foot in a battle. Watch me closely Sootpaw. I will attack this tree stump with moves you must remember so pay close attention. Don't worry, I will explain everything right after."

Crowfur unsheathed his claws and faced the stump. He stepped closer. The tom raised one of his large paws and struck the stump with enough force to break some bark away. He then stepped back and faced his apprentice. "Sootpaw, the move I just used was called a Front Paw Strike. It is the first move any apprentice must learn. I am a full grown warrior so I do more damage using it but as an apprentice, you can only do so much." he explained. He stepped back a bit to let his apprentice have a chance at it. "Sootpaw, now you must try it. Make sure you have your claws unsheathed. After I teach you all that you need to know, you'll have to use them against me." After that, the tom waited for his apprentice to repeat what he did.
----------------------------
Crowfur used Front Paw Strike, dealing 9 damage and using 10 sp.

Crowfur:
45/45
150/160

Tree Stump:
∞/∞
∞/∞

-----------------------------
OOC: Okay now you must use these two things to do this:
-The Battle System
-The Rank System

In the Battle system, you must look at the first two boxes. The first large box is of all the moves, what they do, effects, and how they are used along with what rank uses them. I've already explained what ranks are so we'll skip that~

The second smaller box shows the damage done by each rank.

For your next post, Sootpaw has to use the Front Paw Strike which is a move unlocked by the apprentice rank first. It does 6 damage by an apprentice, it takes away 10 sp, and it has no effects.

In the Rank System, look at the first section where it says "-Rank: HP/SP-" Look for the apprentice row. The first number (20) represents how much health you have. The second number (80) represents your stamina or SP.

Look at how I set up the "battle." I stated what attack Crowfur did, how much damage it did, and how much stamina it took from Crowfur. I then listed the stats of those involved and in this case, it was Crowfur against a tree stump. I first listed my character with how much health they had and below that their current stamina. Since using Front Paw Strike used up 10 stamina, I listed his stamina as "150/160." The tree stump's health is infinite because it's a non-moving and sturdy thing. When in a real battle, you must list your opponent's health and stamina under your character's. You'll get to test this out once Sootpaw goes against Crowfur.

I'll correct ya if need be but other than all that, there is nothing else to be said for this section. I'll explain the dice stuff in the post after yours!~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battling till the sun sets   Battling till the sun sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Battling till the sun sets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: