Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Empty
PostSubject: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Nectarleap stretched with a yawn, having just woken up. For a moment his sleepy mind had totally forgotten the plans he had for that day, and the priority that would be taking up most of his time for the next few moons. But as he stepped out of the warrior's den, he remembered. A grin broke out across his maw, realizing that he had a knew apprentice. And hopefully, he could help this one to live a long life. Though his heart ached at the thought of Sootpaw, his old apprentice, he used her as motivation to teach Silverpaw to the best of his ability. He took a deep breath and walked over to the fresh-kill pile, picking up two small hares. He would give one of the hare to his new apprentice, and eat the other one himself. Next, he walked over to the apprentice sleeping areas to wake him up. As he lowered his head closer to the sleeping cats, and the familiar scent of the nests washed into his nose.
"Wake up, Silverpaw, it's time for training," Nectarleap instructed, then took a pace backwards. "I picked out a hare for you, and I want us to get started right after eating." After speaking, he placed the two pieces of prey on the ground in front of him, and began to eat his share, waiting for the younger tom to awaken.

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Signat10

Last edited by The Squirrelnosed Zombie on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Characters : (M)apleleaf / (P)atchpelt / (R)ussetfang / (S)andfrost / (Si)lverstreak / Ded(L)ittlepaw
Clan/Rank : (L)Starclan cat / (P)Shadowclan young warrior / (R)Shadowclan warrior / (S)Riverclan warrior / (Si)Windclan naw warrior / (M)Thunderclan Ex MC-naw warrior
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 396

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 am

Silverpaw woke up after hearing Nectarleap's voice. He walked out of the apprentice's den with a sleepy smile. "I'm here." he mewed. The tom sat down and began to eat his hare. "What are you going to teach me today?" he asked between bites.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Nectarleap was almost done with his hare when Silverpaw walked out, and with a few more quick bites finished off his meal. Licking his lips he stood up, nodding in greeting and listening to the apprentice's words. After a brief moment of consideration, he decided to use the same tactic as he had used with Sootpaw. He would gauge their interests and personality with a question that would also decide what kind of training that they would be doing. Silentstrike had done that for him, but not until he became a mentor did he realize how useful that was. He felt a pang of grief as he thought of his former mentor and older brother. Just like his first apprentice and the rest of his family, he was gone. Shaking off the thoughts of his dead loved ones, the tricolored warrior replied.
"I was going to let you decide that. I can teach you hunting, fight, or I will show you our borders. Take your pick," he explained, his bright amber eye's meeting his apprentice's.

Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Characters : (M)apleleaf / (P)atchpelt / (R)ussetfang / (S)andfrost / (Si)lverstreak / Ded(L)ittlepaw
Clan/Rank : (L)Starclan cat / (P)Shadowclan young warrior / (R)Shadowclan warrior / (S)Riverclan warrior / (Si)Windclan naw warrior / (M)Thunderclan Ex MC-naw warrior
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Once Silverpaw had finished, he stood up and looked over at Nectarleap. "Can we do some hunting today?" the apprentice asked. He licked his lips waiting for his mentor's response.

Russetfang: #cc0000
Patchpelt: #330099
Silverstreak: #0066ff

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) SQfTPip
Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Sig_cats_by__jay_bird_wcc__by_lilykagminevocaloid-dciml6t
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 pm

OOC: Do you know the hunting system?

IC:"Okay then, hunting it is. Follow me," Nectarleap instructed, flicking his tail beckoningly. Hunting was what he had expected, and what Sootpaw had picked. He guessed that all young cats liked food more than fighting, and he couldn't blame them. Turning to face the camp's exit, he padded out of camp and into the open moor. Turning his head once or twice to make sure that Silverpaw was following him, he continued, easily following a rabbit's scent trail without being obvious about it. He wanted to see if the apprentice noticed before he had to point it out.Once the rabbit he was tracking was in sight, he stopped and waiting for the younger tom to catch up.

Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 2:59 pm

OOC: I know it but I have a question: I read that when you roll a ten, you have to fight an enemy. Can you choose any of the enemies or are there specific enemies for each territory?
----------------
Silverpaw walked behind Nectarleap with a grin. He was finally out of the camp and getting ready to hunt. He smelled the faint scent of a rabbit and as he got closer, it got stronger. "I smell a rabbit." he whispered loud enough for Nectarleap to hear. Once his mentor stopped, he stopped and paid attention to what he was going to say.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

OOC: You can choose the enemy as long as it makes sense. Like there probably wouldn't be badgers or raccoons on the moor, but there might be dogs or eagles.

IC: "Good, I was hoping you would be able to smell that. Now you can watch me hunt that, and after I do I would like you to explain to me what I did. You got that?" He knew from experience that he couldn't just do his best to explain and send them off to try on their own. He had to show it, explain it, then test it. He scented the air once again to make sure he knew where it was, then padded towards it until it was within a small distance of him. He had already checked to make sure he was downwind, so he crouched down, stomach just above the ground, hidden by the grass. He checked to make sure that the rabbit's burrow was far enough away, and smiled when he realized it was true. His paw steps silent, he moved closer, hardly breathing in order to be silent. Before long, he was within leaping distance, and leaped. His paws didn't hit the ground, and his shadow was cast in the other direction. He wasn't at all apparent to the rabbit until it was to late. It tried sprinting away, but in a few strides he was upon it, first knocking it over with his paw before biting its neck.
"I thank StarClan for this prey," he whispered, then carried his catch back over to Silverpaw.

Last edited by The Squirrelnosed Zombie on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15119

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

The member 'The Squirrelnosed Zombie' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Mistpe10
Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 2:45 am

OOC: Okay! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Silverpaw watched with amazement as Nectarleap had caught the rabbit with so little effort. Once his menyor brought back his kill, Silverpaw stood up straight with a grin. "You did that so quickly! I bet you can catch several of them in a row!" the tom said excitedly. He began to think of what Nectarleap did before the rabbit was caught. "W-While I was watching, I saw that you began to scent the air to locate it. Then y-you walked to it quietly but kept at a-a distance. You began to crouch and quietly move towards it and the grass mostly hid you. The r-rabbit didn't spot you and you leaped at it before it tried to run away. Your shadow wasn't f-facing it so maybe that's why its reactions w-were too late." The tom looked up at his mentor with a hopeful expression. He thought he got it mostly right.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Nectarleap couldn't help but grin at the praise, even if it was from an apprentice. It felt good to be appreciated. He set the rabbit down as he listened to Silverpaw's explanation, nodding a few times throughout it. He had gotten most of the major details, but had missed some of the less apparent but just as important ones. He was impressed that the apprentice had noticed the placement of his shadow, that was one of the less obvious things that he had done. After his apprentice was done speaking, he nodded in approval of sorts.
"Nicely done. Good job noticing my shadow, that was good. There are a few things you missed, however.  First of all, I checked to make sure that I was downwind. That's pretty easy to tell, if the wind is blowing in your face your doing it right. You also have to make sure the rabbit isn't close to its burrow, or it will escape. When your actually leaping for it, you have to make sure that your feet don't bang against the ground. Like this-" Nectarleap paused his explanation to demonstrate, leaping without moving his toes. "And finally, you have to thank StarClan after you catch it. Got that? Because I want you to try now. Don't worry if you do it wrong, I'm not expecting you to do it perfectly."

Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 am

Silverpaw's eyes widened. He swiftly nodded before begining to scent for prey. He soon caught onto a scent trail of a rabbit. The tom began to quietly follow it.

Eventually, he spotted a white rabbit looking around. First things first, he must make sure he's downwind. After a brief check, he concluded he was. The next thing he had to do was check for a burrow. He looked near him and tried to spot any by the bunny. There was none. He began to very quietly walk to it. The apprentice kept his distance but made sure he could make it in a leap. After, Silverpaw crouched down until the plants around him covered most of him. He then checked to see where his shadow was. He sighed with relief to see it away from the rabbit. Finally he tried to step lightly to not bang on the ground as he leapt.

The tom had pushed it and then caught it. He killed it off quickly and picked it up. The apprentice bounded to his mentor with his first catch. He placed it down in front of Nectarleap with a grin. "Did you see that?! Your instructions were amazing! Without you I wouldn't have been able to catch it because I may have been too loud of it could've scented me!" Silverpaw finished. He puffed out his chest in pride.

Last edited by Hazel on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15119

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 am

The member 'Hazel' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Nectarleap watched intently as Silverpaw began tracking something. He silently padded a few steps closer, and upon further inspection concluded that the to be catch was a white rabbit. The warrior was already able to tell that his apprentice was downwind and that he was in the right place in relation to the sun. He couldn't see close enough to tell if there was a burrow or not, but he hoped that his apprentice had checked. He subconsciously nodded as the apprentice crouched into the grass, now only visible by the white tips of his ears and tail. His amber eyes lit excitedly and his tail raised, awaiting the moment that the young tom would pounce. The moment that an apprentice caught their first prey was always special, especially if he was the reason that they were able to do that. He purred slightly as the apprentice's body became visible, silently cheering him on as he caught the rabbit. Pride filled his chest, though he did notice that the younger tom had skipped the last step. He grinned in return as the apprentice trotted back to him.
"Thanks, but remember, it's my job as mentor to teach you. You did great, Silverpaw, and if you keep working this hard, you'll become a warrior in no time. I'm very proud of you. But I'll just point out that you forgot to thank StarClan for your catch," the tricolored explained, pride lacing his every word.

Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Silverpaw's eyes shone with glee when he was praised by his mentor. "I will remember that Nectarleap! Sorry I forgot!" the silver and white tom said. He grabbed his catch and waited for his mentor's next instructions.

Russetfang: #cc0000
Patchpelt: #330099
Silverstreak: #0066ff

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) SQfTPip
Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Sig_cats_by__jay_bird_wcc__by_lilykagminevocaloid-dciml6t
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

"It's fine, you did amazing. Just remember that for next time. Now follow me, we're going to bury this prey so we can pick it up later," Nectarleap instructed, smiling warmly at Silverpaw. His pride for his apprentice was not at all hidden. Picking up his rabbit, his amber eyes scanned the nearby moor for a place to put his catch. He caught sight of a gorse bush and padded over to it, digging under the plant and into its roots. When the hole had been dug, he placed his rabbit in it and waited for his apprentice to do the same. Trying to decide what to next, he asked another question. "Now, would you like to keep hunting or learn how to fight?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)   Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training) Empty

Back to top Go down

Silver Nectar (Silverpaw's Training)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next