Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] Empty
PostSubject: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyThu 28 Sep 2017 - 22:18

Moonlight padded towards the apprentice’s den, ears high and eyes scanning the place as she looked for Littlepaw between the sleeping apprentices. It wasn’t that early, but it was still early enough to not be surprised if he was still asleep, plus, she hadn’t seen him in camp and she wouldn’t expect him to leave in a patrol with someone else “Littlepaw?” She meowed softly, still looking around in case her eyes spotted him before he answered to her call.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Characters : (M)apleleaf / (P)atchpelt / (R)ussetfang / (S)andfrost / (Si)lverstreak / Ded(L)ittlepaw
Clan/Rank : (L)Starclan cat / (P)Shadowclan young warrior / (R)Shadowclan warrior / (S)Riverclan warrior / (Si)Windclan naw warrior / (M)Thunderclan Ex MC-naw warrior
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 396

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptySat 30 Sep 2017 - 19:59

Littlepaw opened his eyes when his mentor called for him. Being one of the smaller apprentices, he was hidden behind the slightly larger bodies of his denmates. The small tom got up and gave Moonlight a small, sleepy smile. He carefully got out of the den and stretched his legs. "Hello, what are we gonna do?" the little apprentice asked.
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 10:34

Moonlight chuckled softly as she flicked her tail to signal the apprentice to follow her, heading towards the exit of the camp and to the clearing she used to take her apprentices for battle training just like many other mentors. The trees told stories of many apprentices as they learned to fight to later on become fine warriors, small scratches on the bark way more common that bigger ones, as usually only young cats made the mistake of forgetting that in training claws weren’t supposed to be unsheathed.

Luckily, they were alone at the time. While training with a rival could always prove to be quite interesting and fruitful thanks to the usual competitive nature of the apprentices, a cat without the proper knowledge about battles could be crushed by their opponent and discourage them. If there was a rival battle training, she would rather have it when she was sure Littlepaw was ready for it.

“Today we’ll have some battle training. Tell me, do you know anything about battling just yet?” While the question could come out as stupid for most, she had crossed paths with many apprentices that were either talented or had learned a few tricks during their time as kits.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Characters : (M)apleleaf / (P)atchpelt / (R)ussetfang / (S)andfrost / (Si)lverstreak / Ded(L)ittlepaw
Clan/Rank : (L)Starclan cat / (P)Shadowclan young warrior / (R)Shadowclan warrior / (S)Riverclan warrior / (Si)Windclan naw warrior / (M)Thunderclan Ex MC-naw warrior
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 10:06

The apprentice folded his ears in thought. Did he even know anything? He looked up at Moonlight with a sheepish expression. "N-No. I kinda don't know much about battling." he quickly added, "B-But I would like to learn!" He gave his mentor a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 21:36

OOC: I’ll go Out of Character for a bit to explain this to you, since you wanted to start from scratch, if you have questions or get confused, just ask. I'll be as detailed as I can:

The battle system is what you’ll use in any serious battle here. In the rank system (Link to Rank System) you’ll see that each rank has an HP number and an SP number:

-HP stands for “Hit Points”, or, in other words, your cat’s “life”. Now, if your HP hits “0” you won’t die, you simply get KO’ed, what means that a medicine cat no longer can heal you during that specific battle and you can’t battle anymore. You can see how much damage each move does depending on your rank below, the SP cost and effect Move Chart.
-SP stands for “Stamina Points”, now, the battle system (Link to Battle System) consists on many moves, some general for all the cats, others exclusive for each clan. Each move has a certain cost of SP, and if your SP hits “0” your cat is considered to be too tired to keep fighting anymore.

There are two kind of moves: The regular moves, that have no effect, and the special moves, in which you can find certain restrictions or effects where you have to roll a dice (You can find this option under the post area when making a regular post, so if you need to roll a dice you can’t just use the quick reply system) and, depending on the dice, it is how long the effect lasts. You can see which effect each move has, if any, and the numbers that you need to get from the dice roll so it lasts a certain time. Remember to read the rules above the moves as well.

Let’s try a regular move first, to see if you grasp that. Then we can try a dice-roll move so you see how it is done. I'll also use italics on the battle system I use to let you know what is each thing. This is only a “Battle System Training”, so the HP and SP refill themselves after each turn, given that Moonlight isn’t trying to hurt her apprentice and vice-versa. This won’t happen on a real fight though, so keep that in mind.

Also, worth mentioning: After taking damage or wasting stamina in any thread you can't just walk it off, you NEED a thread with a medicine cat to get your cat healed up. However, if you want your cat to be healed or actually stay wounded for the next thread for whatever reason, like character development or a plot, you’re free to do so. Also, you can chose to run away or faint when your HP or SP hit “0”, it isn’t mandatory for you to just lose consciousness. BTW, every post is considered to be one turn during a battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moonlight smiled and nodded “I understand, don't worry. Most apprentices don't know how to fight when they are barely starting, like you. I’ll show you a basic move right now, just so you get the idea” With that Moonlight used the most basic move in her arsenal, being careful to keep her claws sheathed to not harm the apprentice.

Moonlight used Front Paw Blow on Sparkpaw, dealing 11 damage and using 5 stamina <~ (You must state which cat uses which move, and who are they attacking. After that you must first state the damage dealt and then the stamina taken away through the use of said move)

Littlepaw: <~ (The opponent/s usually go on top)
9/20 <~ (Opponent’s remaining HP Vs. Original HP, you must subtract the points of damage dealt on the left side)
80/80 <~ (Opponent’s SP, you can’t modify this)

Moonlight: <~ (Your attacking cat usually goes on the bottom)
80/80 <~ (Your HP, you can’t modify this)
235/240 <~ (Your remaining SP Vs. Original SP, you must subtract the SP used on the left side)

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 14:41

OOC: Is this right?

Littlepaw flinched softly but nothing hurt. He gave a tiny smile as he stood as tall as he could. He tried to mimic Moonlight's move but being a new apprentice, he didn't hit as hard.
------------------
Littlepaw used Front paw blow, dealing 4 damage and using 5 stamina.

Moonlight:
75/80
235/240

Littlepaw:
9/20
75/80
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:22

OOC: You get the basics, and kuddos for using the right damage number, most newbies tend to use mine's instead of looking up theirs on the battle system. Just one thing, remember that we are in battle training, not in a real battle, so the HP and SP refill themselves after each turn.

Okay, now comes a more tricky part, though fairly simple once you get used to it: The dice roll attacks. These attacks are in the special attack rank, but what differences them from the rest special attacks is that the effects these can inflict on the opponent vary depending on the number the dice gives to you, you can check the effects on the Battle System as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to use them:

-Click the “Preview” button instead of the “Send” one after typing your post
-Right under the post box you'll see the "Dices Roll" one. In the Blank box, pick "Effect Dice"
-Click "Send"

You'll see that there will be an automatic generated post right after yours, there you'll see the number you got from the dice roll. Compare it with the Battle System table and you'll get the number of turns that the opponent will be under such effects. When a cat is under the effects of one of these moves they can't attack until the number of turns is up, meaning that if they are stunned for one turn, they must post but can't do anything to harm your cat or any other cat during that post (Remember: 1 Post = 1 Turn). Keep in mind that moves that leave a cat defenseless like this one can't be used in succession, this is to avoid stunning a cat over and over again, winning the fight because you didn't allowed them to hit back.

Since this isn't a real battle the effects from the dice get nullified, meaning that you're allowed to attack on your next turn regardless of what I may get in the Dices Roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moonlight let out a pleased chuckle when the apprentice hit her, clearly approving of the apprentice’s advance and happy with how fast she absorbed the knowledge she had to offer “You're doing really well!” With that, she quickly got on an offensive position, ready to continue the training “Now I’ll teach you a more complicated attack, don’t worry, I won’t harm you" With that, Moonlight used her strong legs to spring onto the apprentice’s back, careful to keep her claws sheathed even if it caused her to not have a stable hold. She preferred to fall off because of that than scratch him, even if in the end it didn’t happened and she successfully pinned him to the ground.

“With this attack you’ll be able to keep attacking and not receive damage for as long as you keep the cat pinned down, it’s a bit tricky to use and you can get tired easily struggling to keep the opponent pinned down, but it can give you a guaranteed win if you know when and how to use it” After those words she got off Littlepaw’s back, freeing him from her grasp and getting on a defensive position so the apprentice could try the move as well.

Moonlight used Leap-and-hold on Sparkpaw, dealing 13 damage and using 10 stamina. Littlepaw is pinned down for 1 turn <~ (The number of turns your opponent is affected must be edited in at the end of this phrase after you get the dice roll numbers. In this case I got a 3, what means that in a real battle your cat would be pinned down for 1 turn)

Littlepaw:
7/20
80/80

Moonlight:
80/80
230/240

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:22

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] Mistpe10
A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyThu 12 Oct 2017 - 10:38

OOC: Okay. For the stunning moves, when I roll the dice and get a 1-3 it means that the opponent is stunned for 1 turn? If I get a 4-6, the opponent is stunned for 2 turns? If Littlepaw is stunned for two turns, does that mean I post twice with Littlepaw not attacking and when I post a third time, Littlepaw gets to attack?
-----------------
Littlepaw got up and shook himself a bit. He launched himself as best as he could at Moonlight's back. He didn't really pin her since he was pretty light but he had a good hold on her.
-----------------
Littlepaw used Leap-and-hold, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina. Moonlight is pinned down for 2 turns.

Moonlight:
74/80
240/240

Littlepaw
20/20
70/80

OOC: Was this okay?

Last edited by Hazel on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 10:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyThu 12 Oct 2017 - 10:38

The member 'Hazel' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017 - 18:20

OOC: sorry for the wait, real life has been quite a burden on me lately. And yes, you got it right. Tis basically wraps up the training thread unless you have any doubts or want to try any attack you don’t fully understand yet.

Moonlight didn’t put any resistance against her apprentice’s attack, knowing that the difference of strengths would make his first attempt a total failure. Later on she would need to teach him how to deal with a struggling cat in the battlefield, so he knew how to keep them pinned instead of getting thrown off “Good! You’re getting the hang of fighting quite well” She waited until her apprentice got off her, not wanting to get up and maybe hurt him by making him fall off instead, to get on her paws once more “Is there any questions about what I just taught you?”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] EmptySun 22 Oct 2017 - 10:48

OOC: Okay! Thanks for teaching me! I understand it much better!

IC: Littlepaw beamed when he was praised by Moonlight. "No Moonlight, I got what you taught me!" he said with a smile. He was on his way on becoming a warrior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]   A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Little Moon [Closed Battle Training]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: