Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) Empty
PostSubject: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 13:17

Specklefang glowered, as usual. Her back twitched with irritation as she thought on Sunpaw, the mist having not beaten sense into her as she persisted on trying to tear into her and her relationships with other cats, the she-cat seemed adamant of ruining everything she's built for herself. Specklefang curled in on herself in a rather sunny spot that broke through the forest canopy, her green eyes disappearing under her eyelids as she tried to relax. For once.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3844

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 14:00

Leafstorm wandered through the forest, his tail low. He was supposed to be hunting but all he managed to do so far was scare a couple songbirds.
He peered around every tree and glanced under every bush, looking for prey. He was clearly distracted by something.

Sunpaw used to be all he had. But that was before Specklefang. Specklefang... well. She wasn't the most vivacious she-cat, but she was charming and sweet in her own way. The large tom had to admit he felt something for her.
His best friend.
But no, he swore that he'd never love again. Cherryblossom had showed him the pain of love.
It was just a distraction. And, like most distractions, it would eventually fade.
Still, Sunpaw was asking him to forget about Specklefang. To pretend that everything they'd gone through together- the Twolegs, the fire, Rockthorn, the disappearance of Hawkswoop and Falconpaw -didn't happen.
It wasn't that easy.

Lost in thought, the large tabby tom nearly bumped into the even bigger form of Specklefang, who's eyes were closed tight.

Saying nothing, he sat beside her. She'd move when she wanted to, and he would wait.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 14:42

"I see you still haven't listened to your sister yet." It was a spiteful tone, Specklefang's tail giving a flick as she peeked up at Leafstorm before promptly closing her eyes again. What a foul way to start a conversation, though the she-cat had been rather touchy as of late... especially with the discussions with her mother. Getting to her paws she settled herself close to Leafstorm, her long fur brushing his as she looked off distantly.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:24

Leafstorm sighed, looking up at her. She was going through a lot- managing a litter of rambunctious kits, her dreadful father...
"I respect Sunpaw," He mewed thoughtfully, wrapping his tail around his paws and watching a colorful songbird float through the treetops.
"But that doesn't mean I'm going to sacrifice our relationship for her. You saved my life and you were there for me while she was gone. It's going to take more than an unhappy apprentice to stop me from being with you."

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 0:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0DMTlwLw4

Specklefang huffed, almost self-depreciating as she listened to Leafstorm. "I must admit that's a surprise. Saving your life or not, I'm hardly the best cat to be hanging around." Her face was stony, her eyes showing a distant look as she looked into the trees. Her father had been on the fore front of her mind, especially frequently with the discussion and all. Curling her tail tightly over her paws she was all but coiled, she didn't know what made her so sensitive around Leafstorm but all she knew it was alike Hawkswoop.

Could she-? No- No not after Hawkswoop disappearing- not after Sunpaw was back, the golden she-cat would make Specklefangs life worse than living in the dark forest. She couldn't with her mother feeling so worthless, with six kits to watch over and protect. She just had too much to worry about to be even think about... that.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 9:06

Leafstorm turned to look at her.
This was a much different Specklefang than he was used to.
"Specklefang... what's going on?" He mewed softly, moving closer to her. "I want to help you. What's happening with you?"

Leafstorm felt a swoop in his stomach when their sides touched. Specklefang wasn't moving away...
She was pretty. Really, really pretty.
No.
Stop.
Cherryblossom had taught him that love is just pain. That if he loved Specklefang she would get hurt.
And he'd be unable to save her.

Flashes of Cherryblossom's death ran through his mind, with Specklefang taking the rouge's place.
He closed his eyes tightly and forced himself to return to the present.
Specklefang- his friend. His best friend.
She needed his help.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 11:41

"I-I don't know.. it's just all too much, Leafstorm." Specklefang muttered, before she could say anything or do anything she moved so she could push her face into the toms neck. She was supposed to be strong, strict and unforgiving.. not this weak and snivelling brat that she was as a kit, that got her hit and disowned.

"Nevermind, ignore me." Specklefang struggled to grasp any sort of normalcy, she tried to pull away but found herself rooted and absorbed in the comfort of the tom. She never did this with Hawkswoop, or Boulderclaw, almost not with her mother or father. Sure she did with her kits but it was different than this. She was hesitant, reaching a massive paw forwards to wrap around Leafstorms tentatively. "I'm sorry, I know you're still hurting about Cherryblossom."

Specklefang to be curt wasn't fond of the she-cat, she found her prissy and rather undeserving of leafstorm but she never wished her death. Though it was unforgivable that she hurt the tom she cared for and protected, ready to sacrifice her own life at the drop of a leaf.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 14:56

Leafstorm's eyes widened slightly in surprise at Specklefang's sudden affection, but if he was alarmed he hid it well.
He sighed and relaxed, leaning into her. Right here, right now... it just felt right.

But Cherryblossom! A small voice in the back of his head protested. Leafstorm brushed it off.
Whatever he felt for her, it wasn't nearly as strong as what he felt for Specklefang. His love for the red she-cat was just his way of doing something instead of sitting on his tail and waiting for the missing cats to come home. It was small in comparison to the wave of emotion he suddenly felt, sitting there in the clearing.
Cherryblossom was gone. She would never, ever come back.
But Specklefang... she was right here.

"It's okay." He murmured softly. "I won't let you go through it alone."
A part of him wished he could take all the burdens she was carrying, but that would take time.
Everything did.

He swallowed and closed his eyes, coaxing the next few words out of his heart.
Those three words meant so much.
It wasn't enough. Three words couldn't begin to tell Specklefang what he felt.
But it was a start.
"I love you."

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 23:23

Specklefangs eyes widened as Leafstorm spoke, everything seemed to come to a stand still as he then spoke those three little words that not even Hawkswoop had spoken to her. It weighed on her, the sudden decision that would come with her reply. She had already gone over how much more pressure this would put on her, but she trusted that Leafstorm would be a great father to her kits. He could take them out once in a while and listen to their problems when she couldn't; they wouldn't have to be alone.

He could help her in more ways, he could help when she was in trouble. Many more scenarios were possible and present, too many to count- but the main one was that he could help her be happy! But what could she do for him in turn? Not much but he seemed to actually love her, for sure she could work something out. She realized with a start that she had been silent for a very long time, and had pulled away just a bit as she thought long and hard.

Looking down at the smaller tom she drew in a breath before softly releasing it, locking her eyes with his she pressed her maw together and meowed. "You couldn't make me happier. I-I love you too, Leafstorm." Giving a soft smile, almost unsure of it's place and with a hint of hesitation that this could be just a joke, that he could by lying and tricking her just to shame her. But she took that step, she took the chance she was being offered.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 10:59

Leafstorm waited tentatively for Specklefang to reply. He instantly regretted telling her his feelings- it would ruin their friendship. She was mourning Hawkswoop still, and dealing with her horrible father.
She was pulling away. Oh Starclan, was she uncomfortable? What would Lionspark say? What about his newest apprentice, Specklefang's own daughter? What about...

He was about to get to his feet when she spoke.

"I-I love you too, Leafstorm."
Leafstorm froze, trying to process what she said.
She loves me?
"You... you love me too." He muttered distractedly.

Suddenly, it clicked.
Leafstorm's eyes widened and his heart seemed to soar. A smile quickly grew on his face.
He could do anything at that moment. He could climb the tallest tree, defeat the greatest enemy, and catch the greatest prey now that Specklefang was by his side.

He said nothing and just looked at her for a moment, grinning.
And just like that, his dreams came true.

OOC: It's crap but I'm exhausted so whatever

PostSubject: Re: Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)   Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Speckled leaves (Closed for Drippy)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: