Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 16:03

The warrior got up early in the warrior den, happy to start his first day as a mentor. The young warrior didn't have a close mentor and he want to be more responsible than Poplarstripe. He want to make things better with Ashpaw.
Jaystream walked out from the den and approached the apprentice den, quietly. He reached the side of his apprentice and touched gently with his paw, trying to wake her up. "Good morning, Ashpaw. We're going to train some hunting skills today so I will wait you in the entrance of the camp. You can eat something before we leave". After these words, the gray tabby tom left the den as quiet as he entered and waited in the exit, his tail waving because of his nervous thoughts. Ashpaw was his first apprentice so he wished to don't do anything wrong and show more confidence in himself than he actually had.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol Signat14
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

Characters : (A)shfeather, (O)akfall, (C)edarpaw, (S)ootcloud, (N)ightfoot
Clan/Rank : (A): Riverclan NAW (O): Windclan NAW (C): Thunderclan apprentice (N): Shadowclan NAW (S): Shadowclan NAW
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 17:43

Ashpaw got up, looking out the apprentice den only to see her mentor, Jaystream walking out. She knew the young warrior had only been an made a warrior just recently, so she knew he must've been a really skilled cat, and she was glad to have him as her mentor. She heard his instructions, and quickly went out the the fresh prey pile to grab a fish, her favorite. After quickly swallowing it, she padded over to the camp entrance like Jaystream said.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 17:59

The gray tabby cat smiled at his apprentice. He stood up and started walking to the outsides of the camp, moving his tail so Ashpaw could understand that she must follow him. After a few steps of walking, Jaystream finally spoke. "Well, we're approaching the river, Ashpaw. As you might know, the river is our principal source of food and it provides us with a lot of fish if you know how to hunt them. Today, because we are doing a hunting patrol, I'm going to teach you how to catch fishes and other types of prey. Any questions?" He purred gently to the younger she-cat that was following him. The tom couldn't stop thinking that he was just like her in the past and he knew that most of the apprentices were pretty curious about everything so Jaystream wanted to satisfy that curiosity.

Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

Clan/Rank : (A): Riverclan NAW (O): Windclan NAW (C): Thunderclan apprentice (N): Shadowclan NAW (S): Shadowclan NAW

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 20:11

Ashpaw was so glad to be out of camp, and she was shocked as she saw how large the territory was! How were there four more other clans?! She heard Jaystream talk about hunting, and she was so excited. "N...no questions." She replied shakily, then sheepishly added, paws dragging on the ground, "I'm...I'm real...really excited for...for this. I've wanted, wanted to do this since I was a kit." She shook her head. Why did she have to be this shy?
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:39

A kind smile appeared in the muzzle of the tom and his green eyes glanced at the apprentice, empathic. The smaller she-cat was as shy as he was and he could understand how she felt about all this. "Then we are pretty similar, Ashpaw. In the past, me and my brother only dreamed about swimming in the river and being amazing warriors capable to hunt for our clan. Now you can see that my dream come true. And now, I'll make sure to teach you anything I can and what you learn. So don't be afraid of asking me anything. You can trust me." He meowed, friendly. After all, being a mentor wasn't so difficult as he thought.
Jaystream finally reached the shore of the river and stopped, hoping that the she-cat would do the same. "Here we are. Today, we are going to hunt some prey for the clan but first you have to learn. Watch carefully every move I make." After this words, the warrior approached the water and moved forward a little bit deeper into the river but without leaving his paws off the ground. The young tom waited for the water to settle down and stayed in his spot without moving until a silver flash caught his attention. With a swift move, Jaystream dove his head and caught the fish with his jaws. The animal tried to escape with a strong trashing but the warrior stood up strong and he killed it quick.
He returned to the shore and left the prey to talk back to his apprentice. "That's the basic way to catch a fish. You must be patient and keep your body strong so you can beat the struggles of the prey also, I recommend to be pretty fast and quiet because it could escape. Now go ahead and try it by yourself."

OCC: We are going to use the hunting system because this is your first cat and you have to prove that you know how to use it to achieve the rank of a warrior. You should check the system in the rules but if you have any problem just pm me and I will help you. Good luck ;)

Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 5:45

Ashpaw glowed a little on the inside, the only people who had been so nice to her were her couple of friends, and it was hard to make friends, seeing as she was shy. She was so excited, not only did she have a skilled mentor, but she had a kind one too. She knew of how most people said training was rigorous, but she had a feeling she got lucky with Jaystream. Paying attention to her mentors instructions, she waded into the water. She let out a small yowl as she got in, never having been in the waters grasp before. Her body frame was much smaller than that of other cats, and it took all her effort to keep from being pulled away by the water. She finally managed to settle down, and after a bit, a silver flash caught her eye! She got so excited she jumped up, falling into the water. She could barely see and move around without being pulled away, but the flash of silver caught her eye again, and she nabbed it. Going back to the surface, she bit the fish hard, then threw it on the bank, while gasping she made her way back to her mentor. Soaking wet, she gave a small smile and picked up the fish. "How did...how did I do?" She meowed.
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 5:45

The member 'Minecraftnerd' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 7:03

The warrior looked from the shore how Ashpaw caught her first piece of fresh-kill. The tom smiled proudly as she returned to him. She was the kind of cat that could learn pretty fast. "That was a good nice try. Just a little advice. Try to be less noisy so the other fishes don't run away scared and keep your moves swifts and graceful. Go ahead and catch a second one. After that I will teach how to catch prey different from fishes."

Last edited by Jay Bird on Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 7:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 7:12

OOC: Her first piece

IC: Ashpaw nodded proudly, then her ears fell back a bit as she heard his criticism. But it wasn't even that, he made it sound like it was just helpful advice. She nodded, her warm brown eyes turning hard again as she was determined to catch the next one right. "Got it Jaystream," she replied. Turning back again towards the river, she wadded in again, this time much better at keeping her balance. She patiently waited, and but this time, a silver flash didn't come. After a while, her ears drooped down, and she sadly meowed, "Did I really scare them all off?" Before she even finished the sentence, silver caught her eye, and this time she gracefully dipped her head down and grabbed the fish in her maw. Pulling to the surface, she triumphantly killed it in her jaw. Bringing it down to her mentor's feet, she meowed, "This, this is actually really, really fun! I'm, I'm doing it!"
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 9:27

OCC: Fixed ;)

IC: The tabby cat purred seeing his apprentice having fun with the training. She will be surely a great Riverclan warrior if she kept that happiness for the hunting of fishes. "Great job! With a  little of practice your technique will be perfect and you will catch more fishes than any apprentice. Now, follow me quietly and look how I move." He meowed before he started smelling the air searching for any close prey. Jaystream scented a plump water rodent close to the river and he approached the place, lowering his body in a way that his steps didn't make a noise. The rodent was behind a mossy rock that kept Jaytream out of his sight. The tom stopped his walking and prepared himself, balancing his whole body from the tail to the head. Finally, he leaped toward the small animal and caught it with his claws before killing it with a quick bite on its neck. He returned to the place where the she-cat was waiting and left the prey with the other fishes. "Hunting in the ground is harder than fishing but not impossible. You must be focused in your whole body so you stay quiet. You need to lower your body, keep your tail out of the ground and your steps must be noiseless. Now try it."

OCC: Hunting System for the next two hunting tries of Ashpaw.

Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 9:55

Ooc: Darn I thought I did it for the last one guess not.

Ashpaw glowed with joy at her mentors compliment. No one had ever said something that nice to her...ever. That her technique could be perfect... Her face flushed with pride. Her happy expression then dropped when she saw she had to catch land prey. "Uhhh...uhhh..." She mewed like a kit. She saw how her mentor caught the rodent with ease and shook her head. How could she even dream of ever achieving this?! Trying to crouch, she sloppily got on her haunches and tried to scent for prey. She scented a animal, although she didn't know what it was. Finally spotting it, she saw it was a slimy creature that had webbed feet. A frog. She recognized the prey from the fresh-kill pile at camp, but her nose wrinkled in disgust. She despised the taste of the creature, but wanted to impress her mentor. Stalking the frog, she pounced at the creature, it slipped through her paws and she stumbled on the ground. Going back to Jaystream, her head bent, she meowed, "Land hunting is hard, will it always be?"

Last edited by Minecraftnerd on Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 9:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 9:55

'Hunting Dice' : 9
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:19

The tom tried to give her more confidence with a friendly expression after her first fail catch. Yeah. Is always harder than fishes but we must learn how to hunt everything to be sure that the clan will be never hungry. Don't feel bad for the failure. Just relax and keep in mind what I show you. Now go and try." He meowed beckoning with his tail a place where he found the scent of a prey that Ashpaw could catch.

Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:23

Ashpaw followed where his tail pointed, this time scenting a rodent. She stalked it, then pounced, trying to keep a firm grip on her prey. This time she was able to deliver a plow to it's head, finishing the creature. Proudly, a purr rose from her throat as she brought the creature back to Jaystream.

Last edited by Minecraftnerd on Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:23

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol   Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol Empty

Back to top Go down

Ashpaw's Hunting Patrol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next