Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Characters : they dead.
Clan/Rank : former RC leader | former site moderator
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 1202

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 18:47

"Finchpaw!" Fishstar yowled from the middle of the camp, facing the apprentice den.

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol 6e4deea343f5a23686845b3e041231bb
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 10:07

Finchpaw's head jolted up from where she was almost dozing off, tufted ears swiveling frantically as the small she-cat scrambled to her paws. Oh geez that's Fishstar! Did I do something wrong; am I in trouble? Or...did she.....? Heart pounding in her chest, the anxious she-cat exited the den and padded up to her leader, dipping her head respectfully. Yellow eyes gleaming with confusion, the mature apprentice meowed; "Y..yes Fishstar?"

Back to top Go down
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Capricorn Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 18:36

"Good morning," Fishstar greeted the young cat, whiskers twitching. Finchpaw seemed uneasy. It was a little unusual for the leader to address apprentices unless they were in trouble, she supposed. "I'm not here to give your an ear-full, don't worry. Your mentor came to me at sunset yesterday and told me she was feeling a little under the weather. Newleaf sickness." She shrugged. "Nobody else seems to be free to take you out on a patrol today, so I'm going to."

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 22:28

Finchpaw couldn't help but let out a quiet sigh of relief; Oh thank StarClan, she's not mad! As she internally calmed herself down, she listened to Fishstar's explanation with interest, and let out a sympathetic murmur as she heard of her mentor's sickness. At the mention of a patrol, Finchpaw's yellow eyes immediately widened. A patrol, with the leader? How exciting! It's my chance to impress her with my hunting skills, and maybe when she sees how talented I am at that, she'll excuse my fear of battle, and let me become a warrior after all! "O..okay! I'm ready when you are Fishstar!" Her fluffy tail raised high, she waited for the leader to lead the way.

Back to top Go down
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Capricorn Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyThu 25 May 2017 - 21:56

ooc: sorry, i had to get wisdom teeth removed so i took a few days off of wcc to rest

ic:

Fishstar chuckled and swept her tail, signaling for the younger she-cat to follow her. "Alright, let's get to it. I'll be teaching you how to catch frogs today." She began a slow stride towards the camp's exit.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 9:23

Finchpaw nodded eagerly, purring as she followed the leader out of camp. She had never hunted frogs before, or eaten one for that matter, but the small she-cat had always been eager to try new things. As they walked Finchpaw didn't speak; she was too wrapped up with looking at the bright, warming landscape.
(short and badddd)

Back to top Go down
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Capricorn Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:43

ooc: don't worry about posting length, i'm keeping this patrol short and concise

ic:

Fishstar led the apprentice through the entrance and out into the territory, sucking in a deep breath of the fresh air. It was lovely to feel the sun on her back after so many moons of dreary Leafbare, and to feel warm, morning dew cling to her pelt She'd seen so many Greenleafs over her lifetime, and it never got old.

The murmur of the river grew steadily stronger as they weaved around throngs of rushes, and finally, they arrived at the pebble-dotted bank. Fishstar continued until her paws were just barely submerged in the water, and turned to look back at Finchpaw. "Before I teach you how to catch a frog properly, I'm going to assess whatever you already know. I'd like you to try and find a frog, and catch it right off the bat."

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:05

ooc: are we going to use the hunting system for this?  I'm gonna roll anyway, but I can disregard it)

Finchpaw gradually slowed and stopped beside Fishstar, looking up at her leader and listening intently with curious golden eyes.  For a moment Finchpaw felt what confidence she had waver; she had never tried to hunt frogs before, and had no idea where to start.  Determined to do her best though, the small silver and white tabby nodded and began to search the riverbank, mouth parted to pick up the muddy scent of her target.

Finally, the scent of a frog came to her from the direction of a clump of reeds nearby.  Dropping into a wary crouch, Finchpaw narrowed her eyes and began to creep forward, trying to access the situation.  Okay...so do I go slow, or just jump right up onto it?Frogs are quick, so maybe going fast would be better?  With a quick dash forward, the small molly watched as the frog jumped out from between the reeds, and began hopping quickly towards the river.  

Biting back a panicked squeal, Finchpaw leaped down the bank and grabbed the frog's back leg between her teeth just as it entered the water, getting a wet muzzle in return.  With a sharp nip to it's spine, the average-sized amphibian was dead, and the apprentice trotted back over to show Fishstar, hoping the usually strict leader would approve.

Last edited by RainyHeart on Thu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:15; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:05

The member 'RainyHeart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Mistpe10
Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Capricorn Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 10:04

ooc: i was gonna have you use the hunting system because finch is still learning, but i'm not using it for fish because it'd be a pointless lesson of she missed the frog, lol.

Fishstar watched attentively as the apprentice went for a fat, green frog nestled in the mud at the river's edge, a few foxlengths away, and her ears perked up as Finchpaw made the kill. It hadn't been a perfect kill, but it had been a kill. "My first attempt at catching a frog only ended in me getting a mouthful of mud, so I'm impressed. Frogs are slippery and nimble." She bent down to give the creature a sniff, and then leveled with Finchpaw again. "Catching a frog utilizes speed and stealth. You got the speed part right, but rushing head-on usually doesn't work in your favor. You have to be excessively quiet and slow, and then, when you're close enough to snag it, you need lightning reflexes."

She shouldered past the apprentices, lowered herself, and began creeping along the bank. Her eyes darted between rushes and rocks, carefully looking for the unusual shine of a frog's skin. Eventually, she spotted one sitting atop a mossy rock. Making sure to scan for fallen plants, as not to step on one and alert the frog, the leader inched forward soundlessly. Once she was within striking distance, in the blink of an eye, it was over. The frog was in her jaws. She turned and placed it next to Finchpaw's catch. "Make sure not to step on anything that might alert it. Go ahead and try again."

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 15:10

Deeply surprised to hear Fishstar compliment her, Finchpaw couldn't help but beam, round golden eyes glowing with excited joy.  She managed to purr out a flattered "T..thank you Fishstar!" before the leader turned away to catch her own frog. The young molly had always taken constructive criticism well, so in her mind she began to plan out what she would need to chance in her approach.  The fluffy silver tabby lowered herself onto her haunches to watch as the pale gray leader stalked up ever-so-silently to the slippery creature, and in a heartbeat lashed out and made her kill.  Wow, that's incredible!

When she was allowed to try again, Finchpaw nodded obediently and padded away a little ways down the bank, trying to leave the cloud of scent their two catches had enveloped the area with.  After a few minutes of searching, Finchpaw finally found another frog; a large muddy brown one that was relaxing near a puddle.  Eyes narrowing in concentration, the small apprentice began to stalk forward silently, taking care to watch her step for any obstacles and noise-makers.  Soon, she was close enough to pounce on the frog; but she hesitated too long.  She pounced, but it had already sensed her presence.  The large amphibian hopped away from her before she could reach it, and jumped into the murky river.

Her tail drooping, Finchpaw muttered; "I waited too long....once I think I'm close enough I need to go for it immediately...."  Turning her head, she glanced a bit timidly at Fishstar before opening her jaws to search out her next quarry.

Last edited by RainyHeart on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 15:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 15:10

The member 'RainyHeart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Mistpe10
Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol   Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol Empty

Back to top Go down

Finchpaw's Hunting Patrol
Page 1 of 1