Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Gorsepaw's Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

Gorsepaw's Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 1:53

Falconstar made his way into the medicine cat's den, poking his head in and seeing Gorsepaw. "Gorsepaw, we should get ready for our journey to Highstones. We want to make it there by nightfall." It was the medicine cat apprentice's ceremony time, and the leader was up with the sun to take him there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 6:22

OOC: Sorry to taking so long, had to hand in an essay.

"Of course, but first..." Gorsepaw went over to the pile of strengthening herbs he'd prepared for the journey, being careful not to awaken Ashkit who was laying on her nest. It was long past time he visited Moonstone and spoke with their warrior ancestors and received his name, but he still felt uneasy leaving the wounded apprentice behind. He triple checked that her poultice was fresh and would last the day, before bring over the herbs to Falconstar.

"Strengthening herbs for the journey ahead." It was a rather bitter tasting mix of ragwort, burnet, lamb's ear and juniper, but they had a long journey ahead of them. It was a necessary evil.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 12:05

Falconstar nodded and lapped up the traveling herbs, having to had deal with them plenty of times before. It was nice to see Gorsepaw so invested in his work. With how inconsistent the treatments had been within his clan, it was great to have some stability for once. For a cat who had been rather resistant to become a medicine cat, he had taken to it rather well.

"Don't worry, Gorsepaw. I'll have someone watch over Ashkit while we're gone. You need to be focused on the journey ahead."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 19:12

"Thank you." With a few bites, he downed the mixture as well, readying himself for the journey ahead both mentally and physically. It was true, speaking to Starclan was a duty of a medicine cat as well as healing, but Gorsepaw couldn't deny that was one of his least favourites. It frustrated him how vague the messages he received were, and without Suntail or Cloudpatches to help him to interpret it, it was difficult. But understanding his duty and position in the clan, he always managed to somehow push through his uncertainty.

"Shall we go?" The calico asked, already starting to feel the slow warming sensation within of the herbs doing their work.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 0:25

With a nod, Falconstar stepped away from the den and began to lead Gorsepaw away from camp and out towards Highstones, the sun rising high in the sky, then fading down slowly as they walked with only a minor break for rest. The two cats chatted lightly about current events and things of that nature, but the leader figured Gorsepaw's mind would be more on what lay ahead.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 9:02

When the pair finally reached the entrance to Mothermouth at High Stones, it was late and the moon was climbing higher and higher in the sky. While their small talk along the walk had calmed his nerves, he was actually here now. He would receive his Medicine Cat name from their ancestors and become the official Medicine Cat for Windclan. A burden he was willing to accept, but a burden nonetheless.

The prophecy of his damnation should his line not end with him hung over him, starkly when he looked at the dark depths that beckoned. There was lingering fear he'd be no better than the tom who sired him. But a gush of wind passing through his fur calm him, it carrying with it the sweet scent of the grassy moors. The scent danced over his senses, bring him back to the present where he was standing, unmoving. Caught up in his thoughts, he'd stopped Falconstar as well, awkwardly outside Mothermouth without a word.

"Do we... go inside now? Or do I go alone?"
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 17:58

The moon was nearing its peak as the two cats stopped in front of Mothermouth, Falconstar shaking his head slightly at Gorsepaw's question. "No, I will go with you, but when you share tongues with our ancestors, it will only be you. Follow me." Taking the lead once more, the brown-furred leader led the way into the pitch-black tunnel that led to where the medicine cat apprentice would speak with their ancestors. He moved slower but steadily so that Gorsepaw could keep up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 5:32

Taking a deep breath, Gorsepaw followed behind his leader into the dark tunnel in which the Moonstone laid. The earth beneath him felt cold as unlike the sunbaked rocks outside. It sent goosebumps over his skin as always, but he refrained from showing any hesitance. He took comfortable strides inwards, until they reached Moonstone.

The stone gleamed in the moonlight. Other times the Moonstone may have seemed beautiful, now it felt a little intimidating as he approached it to begin.

Pushing past his concerns, he settled down next to it, pressing his nose against it. His eyes shut, begun to drift away.

He awoke to a field of meadow grass and a waterfall off in the distance. There were no stars in the sky, but cats that gleamed like the stars instead. They gathered around as they'd done for his Medicine Cat Apprentice ceremony. He looked around widely, admiring the cats. He recognised some of them, Littlepath, Moonstrike, Cloudpatches, so many of his previous clanmates. It ached, but there was some relief that Nettlewing wasn't there. His mother, at least, still lived somewhere out in the world.

"Gorsepaw, step forward." They spoke as a collective, all the different voices mingling to form one. "You have trained hard to understand the ways of the medicine cat, and with our help you will serve WindClan for many moons. So, Gorsepaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

A part of him wanted to say 'I do' immediately, but another fear that he would be locking himself into an inescapable position. What if he wasn't good enough? What if he was like Suntail, and the pull to love made him break his vows? The fears rushed him, stronger than before, but he quelled them. He remember he wasn't alone, that his warrior ancestors would guide him, and so would his leader, Falconstar, who had been with Windclan for many moons, and would be for many more. He could do this.

"I do."

"Then by the powers bestowed to us, we give you your true name as a medicine cat. Gorsepaw, from this moment you will be known as Gorsefeather. StarClan honors your righteousness and tenacity, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of Windclan." When they finished speaking, the cats as individuals called out his name as they would any warrior.

Gorsefeather dipped his head in respect, giving thanks to Starclan. Then it all began to fade away again, but he didn't awake.

A stag laid on a field of grass. Gorsefeather approached warily, assuming it was a vision, but when he got close, instead of leap away from him, the stag's skin and flesh peeled away. It revealed it's insides which were consumed by maggots that quickly turned to flies and flew away. Swarming everywhere before they vanished away.

They left behind nothing.

Then Gorsefeather awoke violently, jerking away from the Moonstone. It was a warning, but of what?

OOC: Linking this to Deernose's illness, may it can help Falconstar make his decision. Hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gorsepaw's Ceremony   Gorsepaw's Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Gorsepaw's Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp :: Tallrock :: WindClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Ceremonies-
Jump to: