Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely Empty
PostSubject: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 9:32

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely IjUz5t4

Annnd there goes any chance of the books finishing before the show.

There is no God.

Someone hold me.

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Characters : they dead.
Clan/Rank : former RC leader | former site moderator
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 1202

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 9:37

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely Corner

first no lady stoneheart in the tv show, and now this

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely 6e4deea343f5a23686845b3e041231bb
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 10:07

Fishy wrote:
"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely Corner

first no lady stoneheart in the tv show, and now this

No Lady Stoneheart, no casting news for the Greyjoys or the other Ironborn, Myrcella possibly being recast and aged up, no Tysha, "your sister", Tyrion killing out of self-defense so his show-sainthood isn't besmirched, Bloodraven looking like a normal dude tangled up in a tree, Oberyn spending 99% of his scenes in a brothel, Gregor Clegane not screaming in ceaseless agony for days on end...

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely XMGyajU

Oh, and this.

Back to top Go down
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Characters : they dead.
Clan/Rank : former RC leader | former site moderator
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 1202

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 10:45

Oh, yes, very spooky wights. I'm trembling in fear. Not to mention Jojen wasn't supposed to die there, either. I guess what you said means no Euron or Victarion Greyjoy, then.. what is even going on anymore? D; And now with the book delays. Hm.

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely 6e4deea343f5a23686845b3e041231bb
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 11:04

Euron seems uncuttable to me, and I think it'd be dumb to cut Victarion... although after all that Lady Stoneheart shenanigans, I don't know what to think. The show would be unrecognizable if they cut out the Ironborn arc, though. That's a big part of AFFC and TWOW.

Cut the Crow's Eye and we riot.

This also needs to happen:

Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Kit
Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 3521

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 13:16

Um

you guys are so negative forreal.

Let's look on the bright side:
- GRRM probably told the writers roughly what he has planned. If not, oh well, water u gonna d0
- Stoneheart will likely appear in the next season.
- So will the Dornishmen and the Greyjoys. And if they cut some content, oh well. They know better than you what makes for entertaining TV. (and the Dornish are so much more interesting than the Greyjoys. Talk about snoozefest.)
- Jojen was a boring character and the actor was painful to watch. imo.

I don't want them to botch it either, but I trust they know what they're doing. If I disagree with some things, oh well, I'm likely going to watch it either way. lol. chill guys

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 20:50

Moon wrote:

I hope so, but I'm getting pretty dubious.

ASOS Epilogue/AFFC spoilers I guess:

Moon wrote:
- So will the Dornishmen and the Greyjoys. And if they cut some content, oh well. They know better than you what makes for entertaining TV. (and the Dornish are so much more interesting than the Greyjoys. Talk about snoozefest.)

The Greyjoys are awesome, man. ;_; Kingsmoot + Euron being Euron + Battle of the Shield Islands + Victarion sailing the seven seas. I know everybody hates the Damphair's internal monologue but the rest was pretty cool, and would be better to see on screen.

Season 5's their best chance of boosting Greyjoy/Ironborn popularity among show watchers too, since so far it seems like all they've done is get murdered and mutilated by northmen. I've just got this fear that D&D are going to give them the Stannis treatment or worse.

The Dornish are definitely getting in though. All the casting and shooting location news has been related to Dorne so far.

ADWD:

Moon wrote:

Don't really care about Jojen dying, but I hated the sp00py scary skeletons and that whole little fight sequence. And Leaf throwing fireballs. like lol wat?

That's my main fear. Some of the show-addition filler was just... questionable. Take that whole Asha VS Ramsay thing, for example.

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely HOQYS1i

Moon wrote:
I don't want them to botch it either, but I trust they know what they're doing. If I disagree with some things, oh well, I'm likely going to watch it either way. lol. chill guys

I like the show a lot and agree with most of the changes they make (e.g. those Arya + Tywin scenes, umff). I'm just venting all my negativity because we're going to be seeing the series end on TV and probably won't be getting even TWOW for awhile.

On another note, casting news from Comic-Con.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-cast-reveals-bloopers-721284
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/25/new-cast-members-game-thrones-season-5-announced/

We've got Doran, Trystane, a Myrcella recast, the Camera that Rides, Nymeria, Tyene, Obara, the Yellow Whale, and the High Sparrow.

Most excited about the High Sparrow and Doran. Great castings.

AFFC:

EDIT: Wait, what?

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely S1JOSiM

...waaat?

Does this mean Quent and Arianne are cut?

ADWD:

Gods help you HBO, now you are truly lost.

Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptySat 26 Jul 2014 - 10:15

Sleepy wrote:
Moon wrote:

That is all part of their plan . . .
if they don't include her though I'm going to breathe fire
Quote :

no i still have hope /cries
Quote :

Moon wrote:

The Greyjoys are awesome, man. ;_; Kingsmoot + Euron being Euron + Battle of the Shield Islands + Victarion sailing the seven seas. I know everybody hates the Damphair's internal monologue but the rest was pretty cool, and would be better to see on screen.

Season 5's their best chance of boosting Greyjoy/Ironborn popularity among show watchers too, since so far it seems like all they've done is get murdered and mutilated by northmen. I've just got this fear that D&D are going to give them the Stannis treatment or worse.

The Dornish are definitely getting in though. All the casting and shooting location news has been related to Dorne so far.

ADWD:

The Greyjoys are really, really boring imo. At least they were in AFFC. It would be a shame if they cut them completely, though, but maybe they have something planned. . . :u
Quote :

Moon wrote:

Don't really care about Jojen dying, but I hated the sp00py scary skeletons and that whole little fight sequence. And Leaf throwing fireballs. like lol wat?

That's my main fear. Some of the show-addition filler was just... questionable. Take that whole Asha VS Ramsay thing, for example.

Yeah that was a bit much. It looked really bad haha. Like something out of Dungeons and Dragons or World of Warcraft or something.

The Asha v. Ramsay thing was incredibly stupid to be honest, and they could have shoved some character development in their or something, but there's no point in looking back to it. Seriously, don't look back. It was terribly scripted. (also how did she even get there so fast it was like there was no buildup she was just there.)
Quote :

Moon wrote:

I like the show a lot and agree with most of the changes they make (e.g. those Arya + Tywin scenes, umff). I'm just venting all my negativity because we're going to be seeing the series end on TV and probably won't be getting even TWOW for awhile.

Yeah. I hope they don't use this as an excuse to make a 180 turn from the books and completely ruin what GRRM has planned.

Quote :

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-cast-reveals-bloopers-721284
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/25/new-cast-members-game-thrones-season-5-announced/

We've got Doran, Trystane, a Myrcella recast, the Camera that Rides, Nymeria, Tyene, Obara, the Yellow Whale, and the High Sparrow.

AFFC:

Okay, I like the look of all of them, but I'm not crazy about Nymeria. (looks kind of plain for an exotic beauty, imo)

And Tyene. Why the hell is she using daggers? Did you watch that video/read her description? She's supposed to be harmless in combat. Poison and sneakiness is her weapon, not dual daggers. I am not pleased. No sweet innocent septa is going to keep that illusion very long when she starts fighting people with daggers.

BUT THE HIGH SPARROW
I can't WAIT FOR HIM
I love the Sparrows if you can't tell
Quote :

...waaat?

ADWD:

That completely belittles the whole Dornish law being different thing. like what

ugh. hopefully it all plays out on screen. If not. . . Winter is Coming in season 5. /cries

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptySat 26 Jul 2014 - 11:15

Moon wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
Moon wrote:

That is all part of their plan . . .
if they don't include her though I'm going to breathe fire
Quote :

no i still have hope /cries

Serious nerd rage.

AFFC/ADWD:

Quote :
Quote :

Moon wrote:

ADWD:

The Greyjoys are really, really boring imo. At least they were in AFFC. It would be a shame if they cut them completely, though, but maybe they have something planned. . . :u

You and the rest of the fanbase, it seems. ;_;

I mainly just want to see a certain godless man on a certain Seastone Chair.

Quote :
Quote :

Moon wrote:

Yeah that was a bit much. It looked really bad haha. Like something out of Dungeons and Dragons or World of Warcraft or something.

The Asha v. Ramsay thing was incredibly stupid to be honest, and they could have shoved some character development in their or something, but there's no point in looking back to it. Seriously, don't look back. It was terribly scripted. (also how did she even get there so fast it was like there was no buildup she was just there.)

She sailed down from Pyke, along the Westerlands and the Reach, across the whole southern coast of Dorne, up through the Broken Arm and the Stepstones, up the Stormlands and past Shipbreaker Bay, past the Crownlands and Dragonstone, up past the Vale and the Fingers, all the way North up to the Weeping Water until she was at the Dreadfort... only to leave after five minutes, because of some Bolton guys and a pack of dogs. lol. The ironborn are supposed to be the fiercest fighters in the realm, you got the fifty best killers you could find, and you couldn't handle a shirtless, unarmored Ramsay? In close quarters? Not even when he turned his back on you for like thirty seconds to fiddle with a lock?

Keep in mind that GRRM says Westeros is around the size of South America. So she sailed all that way only to let herself get deterred by dogs.

psst. Asha. You're wearing armor, you're holding an axe, and you're in a very cramped space. The dogs can't hurt you. Maybe you should wear a helmet though. But nobody in Westeros wears a helmet apparently, so I guess you'll be okay. Unless you're Oberyn.

Quote :
Quote :

AFFC:

Okay, I like the look of all of them, but I'm not crazy about Nymeria. (looks kind of plain for an exotic beauty, imo)

And Tyene. Why the hell is she using daggers? Did you watch that video/read her description? She's supposed to be harmless in combat. Poison and sneakiness is her weapon, not dual daggers. I am not pleased. No sweet innocent septa is going to keep that illusion very long when she starts fighting people with daggers.

BUT THE HIGH SPARROW
I can't WAIT FOR HIM
I love the Sparrows if you can't tell

That is pretty weird. Maybe they're trying to play the Sand Snakes off as all physical fighters like Oberyn, since they never really played up his Red Viperness. I guess. I am disappoint.

I really hope they talk more about Oberyn's history more in season five, since they spent the whole last season just establishing that he was lascivious. They didn't talk about how he got his nickname, his time at Oldtown forging a maester chain, or his history in Essos as a sellsword.

Pedro Pascal was awesome, but I'd have preferred more talking scenes and less brothel scenes.

EDIT: I see that they're also giving Nym the whip, instead of Obara. So Tyene has the daggers, Nym has the whip, and Obara's just a "fearsome warrior"? ...Why?

Quote :
Quote :

...waaat?

ADWD:

That completely belittles the whole Dornish law being different thing. like what

ugh. hopefully it all plays out on screen. If not. . . Winter is Coming in season 5. /cries

AFFC/ADWD:

Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 17:00

eff all these quotes are getting annoying @_____@

@Greyjoys: /yawn

@Asha/The Flash: seriously what the heck. that had to be a super long, difficult journey filled with danger. If it was in the novels, it would have lasted a book and a half.

And noooo. Ramsay is srsbznz so they had to show how sad1stek n sechsual (seriously that scene was gratuitous and unnecessary but most of them are. I can't even defend all the sex anymore. The only time it actually furthered the plot was in the first episode.) he was by making the Ironborn look like pansies. Asha is supposed to at least try and seem fearsome.

@Sand Snakes:
man eff that ess.

Tyene trained for many years to master the subtle art of assassination by posion, like her father.
but NOoooO DAGGERZ R KEWL N HAWT DAGER CHIK FITE!!!

Nymeria uses blades (including daggers) I thought? There was literally no reason to switch up the weapons.

Obara looks rather pretty, btw. that's not ok.

@Brothel scenes:
SLEEPY HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT SEX SELLS STOP IT
Pedro Pascal is a great actor. Oberyn was a great character. There could have been more substance there but nope sex.

@Quentyn/Arianne:
AFFC/ADWD:

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 19:13

CONFIRMED: Jaime and Bronn are going to Dorne to rescue Myrcella, not the Riverlands to clean up the last of the rebellious Tully bannermen.

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely Dv8TuH9

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 0:36

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 21:42

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely SHiEpoQ

All is lost.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 17:59

ADWD:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely   "The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Winds of Winter" 2015 release unlikely
Page 1 of 1