Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Little

Little

Clan/Rank : I'm currently inactive from the site due to life.
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3059

Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 18:19

Mallowroot woke up with a start, his heart beating dangerously fast and his eyes glazed with fear. He looked around the dark den, panicked looks in his eyes. He looked over at Ebonypaw fast asleep. He never thought she would ever go to sleep, being how excited she was when he told her they were going to the moonstone so she could get her full medicine cat name.
It's time for you to join us, Mallowroot.
All he could hear in his head was his short dream. Nightmare, more precisely. He thought StarClan dreams were good, besides the ones for prophecies. He didn't want to go to StarClan - not yet. He needed to make it to the moonstone before that. The cat hurridly got up, his legs making a cracking sound as he got up and stretched his tired bones. He limped over to Ebonypaw, a rushed look on his face. But the cat stopped where he was, panting heavily.
You knew this was coming, Mallowroot.
The medicine cat shook his head, prodding the young cat awake. Not yet, the old cat pleaded, hoping StarClan had the decency to wait for Ebonypaw to take on her name.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚

I currently do not have any characters
☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 17:12

Sleep? At an evening like this? Especially when she knew what would be happening soon. Haha. That's funny.
It was no secret that because of Mallowroot's old age the apprentice's training had to be rushed, between her mentor's wisdom and her own intuitions, she was able to learn near all that she needed too in the matter of a few short moons; absorbing the knowledge much like water to dry moss. Still, she saw no reason for the tom to seem so anxious, at least not in her young eyes. What was he afraid of? For his sake, though, she pretended to stay quiet until he was ready to call on her.
When she felt a slight prodding in her side, she gently blinked her eyes open. "Yes, Mallowroot?" Ebonypaw called quietly.

Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony PDt1Qqd Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 17:29

Mallowroot gazed at the apprentice for a long second, his old yellow eyes trying to adjust to the darkness, then giving a slight nod to the cat. "We're leaving now," he mewed in a hushed voice, turning and flicking his tail for Ebonypaw to follow to Moonstone. He wasn't completely sure if she was sleeping or not before he 'woke her up', but they needed to make it there quick. He couldn't join StarClan before they got there.
The time will come soon, Mallowroot.
Shut it, the cranky medicine cat tried to say back to the voices in his head. He felt crazy.
Well, what did you expect? You can't live forever.
Do you think I'm mouse-brained? He turned around, his eyes filled with a combination of rage and sadness. You're the one who died first. Don't get all huffy. He made sure Ebonypaw was following and started to head out again, trying to pad as fast as he could.
Well don't bring that up. It's not my fault.
The medicine cat gave his head a slight shake before he stopped for a second, coughing, then continuing.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 17:40

Ebonypaw's green and yellow eyes stared him down in the darkness, watching him curiously before quickly pulling himself up to her feet and following him. She couldn't help but noticed that he was moving quicker than usual, far faster than his normal, steady pace. It unnerved her slightly as they headed up to highstones, even more so when he stopped to break into a coughing fit. "Are you alright? We can rest a minute." She said, concern clear on her face.

Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony PDt1Qqd Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 18:08

Yeah Mallowroot, take a rest. It'll just make it quicker.
Mallowroot quickly shook his head, padding even harder up to the moonstone. "We can't stop," he huffed, strugging to keep the same pace. It sounds like you're trying to murder me.
You'd still join us, murder or not.
Mallowroot grunted, trying the best he could not to stop. Not before Ebonypaw gets her name.
I don't know what you see in that little apprentice. She's hardly even an apprentice.
Mallowroot's breathing grew harder and harder, his head drooping a bit.
Can't take it anymore? You really are an old cat.
Suddenly he saw the cave beyond the hill. So close. Almost there. His eyes brightened and he hurried down the hill, hoping Ebonypaw was still following. I think I have you beat, he snickered. The old cat arrived at the opening of the cave and turned, seeing his apprentice hurrying behind him. And she wanted me to rest. He laughed to himself and beckoned her forward, travelling into the cave that seemed to consume them into a void of darkness.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 18:39

The medicine cat apprentice seemed very off-put by his hasty determination, but wasn't going to stop the old tom if that was his will, following him up to the path. She narrowed her eyes, noticing his heavy breathing, like he was about to fall over at any second. He really did need to rest. "Mallowroot..." She paused, refusing to take a step further. It wasn't until then that she looked ahead in the darkness, seeing that they were already at the Mothermouth. Seeing him shoot her a glance before slipping into the cave, she quickly followed, saying nothing until they had reached the moonstone. It was just at it's peak, illuminating the entire cave with an eerie, white glow.
They'd made it just in time.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 19:44

Mallowroot's face flooded with relief as they arrived at the illuminated stone. And in record time, too. "Ebonypaw," he began after regaining his breath. He looked at his apprentice proudly. "Do you wish to follow in the footsteps of the other medicine cats and live as one, healing your Clanmates in time of need?" He asked, a smile on the tom's face. I hope you saw that record time.
I hope you go to the Dark Forest.
He looked at Ebonypaw, ignoring the comment in the crazy tom's head.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 19:48

Ebonypaw gazed up at her mentor, answering firmly and without a second's delay. "I do."

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 20:06

Mallowroot gave the apprentice a slight nod, already knowing she would say yes. He motioned towards the moonstone. "Noe touch your nose to it," he began, "And have your first dream as a medicine cat, Ebonyleaf."
He had an approving look on his face as the excited apprentice touched her nose to the stone, dreaming away. He had served ShadowClan.
He had trained to apprentices.
It was time for him to join StarClan.
You done yet?
"Shut up," the tom croaked, looking down at his paws. His breathing became harsh, his words becoming a slur. His vision blurred in and out, a tear rolling down the medicine cat's cheek. Goodbye Ebonyleaf...
Goodbye ShadowClan.
The old tom fell over, a small grunt of pain escaping him before the spasms of pain took over, rolling him into a complete darkness like nothing he had ever seen before. But a sudden flash of light appeared, blinding the old tom for a second.
"Welcome to StarClan, stubborn one."

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 5:22

There was nothing at that moment that could stop the smile from brightening her face. Ebonyleaf. That was her name now, and it had a sweet sound to it, at least to her. Giving her mentor one last look, she muttered, "Thank you," before laying down and touching her nose to the stone. That familiar cold darkness washed over her, although unlike her first trip, the newly-named medicine cat was not at all afraid.
"Ebonyleaf!"
"Ebonyleaf!"
"Ebonyleaf!"
She heard her name called all around her, lifted and spread amongst the stars, many ShadowClan cats - and a few from other clans as well, she noticed - gathered around, cheering her name. "Well done, young one." A familiar tom padded up, pride on his face, though she couldn't help but think he was hiding something else. There was something about the dark glint in his eyes. "You've learned well, but your learning will never cease. Please continue to serve us for many moons, and ShadowClan as well."
Ebonyleaf gazed back, grinning and dipping her head. "As long as this body allows, Hailstorm, I will." she swore for all of StarClan to see. The old medicine cat nodded back to her, stepping into the crowd again. Smiling and looking amongst the crowd, her posture tall in pride, she caught the eye of another cat. Her eyes widened, "Is that you-?"
A large caterwaul interrupted her. In the blink of an eye, all the StarClan cats had disappeared. As she spun around to find them, she found herself near the edge of her territory, staring out into the distance. Far away, she saw the Thunderpath, and even farther, the forests that ThunderClan called home. In the great horizon, she saw the stars in the sky disappear, an unearthly, bright glow of red in the distance. She couldn't help but stare, until the brightness grew and expanded, coming closer and spreading out wider and wider. It enveloped half the forest in a matter of heartbeats, and it wasn't until she saw closely for her own eyes that she realized what it was.
"Fire." Ebonyleaf whispered, staring across the Thunderpath. The forest was burning down before her, and she realized, with horror, that there were cats moving freely among the flames. Not only that, but with a glance up she'd noticed they were in the sky as well, running freely in the smoke that hid the stars. It was completely frightening. She found herself running away, as fast as she could - back to her camp, before she noticed the flame shown all around the forest.
"Death." the word, soft as a whisper, rang in her ears.
They were trapped. Still, she ran, to home, away from home, to look for her clanmates, for StarClan, for anyone who could help, tears gathering in her eyes until finally -

Ebonyleaf awoke with a jolt, sitting up and gasping for the crisp, night air. She shook her head at herself, trying to cope with the terrible things she'd experienced. "Mallowroot, are you awake? We should head home now." She sighed, images still flashing in her head as she waited for his response, but he was quiet. And a bit too still, without the usual steady rise and fall of his chest. Concern crept up on her, worry struck her, and fear followed overwhelmingly. The cat she had seen before her vision started, it was him. It was her mentor.
While the young she-cat had been so incredibly happy not a few moments before, tears now welled up in her eyes as she buried her face in the old tom's pelt, trying to cope with everything that had just happened.
Between gathering herself together and burying Mallowroot at Highstones, the newly named Medicine Cat didn't head home until sunrise.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebonypaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: Jaggedrock :: ShadowClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Ceremonies-
Jump to: