Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rate the warrior name above you!

Go down 
+16
Splashpool
Snugglemuffins
Sunny
Darky
Mink
Wolfy
May
Kitty
Flybot
Sleepy
Twilight
Rook
Shade
Echo
Rose
Spottedleaf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Aquagaze

u wu

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 PDt1Qqd Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
catlord

catlord

Capricorn Rat
Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 am

swiftbreeze a fast on his paws tom that is silent as the breeze. black an d white feather and heart don't really go together well it does not sound right. rating 4
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 am

Hmm.... It doesn't help that I don't have a physical appearance of him, but Swift- often refers to a black cat. However, I disregard the use of -breeze to represent how quick a cat can run because we have -foot for that, or -tail if they have great balance as well. Being as silent as the breeze, while a beautiful simile, I don't really think breezes have much of a sound since they always vary and it just depends on the rustling and motion of the objects it's placing its resistance on.

Final Rating Score: 3.2

Mistleaf - a she-cat with a pale grey pelt and very faint tabby marks. She has green eyes and has an exceptional skill and talent with herbs, making her a fitting medicine cat.

Ailuronymy on Mist- wrote:
Prefix: mist-
Prerequisites: a pale grey cat. Can be a tabby, though often faintly marked.

Eye colours: gold, copper, green or blue, in that order (I think).

Note: not the same thing as misty-. Mist- is an acceptable traditional prefix, misty- is not. Mist- implies the cat looks like mist; misty- implies the cat is “misty”. One of these things is not like the other, pretty much. Stick with mist-.

Ailuronymy on -leaf wrote:
Suffix: -leaf.
Meaning:

The suffix -leaf represents a medicine cat that is exceptional in the craft of healing.

When I say exceptional, I mean a medicine cat that showed incredible promise even from a very young age, and continued to live up to the expectations of greatness in the craft of medicine. He or she showed an intense interest from their earliest days, and there was never any question of the life they were destined (and chose) to lead.

Because of this keen interest (some could say, obsession), they learn at a notable rate and could possibly be described as a prodigy. They would make any medicine cat mentor very proud and would be a great resource for any clan; they might not always be successful, but they would be precise and measured, with little to no waste of materials and the most direct route of treatment always taken.

^--- Just to add on to reasoning~

❝ Until the day his wings heal and he's able to fly... I will protect him. ❞
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 1492

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:07 am

My cat never got rated. ;-;

I like the reasoning, but the prefix and suffix just don't really seem to fit together.

Featherheart- A light gray fluffy she-cat with striking yellow eyes. Feather refurrs to the "feathery-ness" of her fur and -heart is as she is kind and caring.

Mystic, rouge she-cat (Alive)
Spoiler:

Streamclaw, she-cat of RiverClan (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Blue----, she-cat of RiverClan. (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Epic Rain-made avatar
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Ebony wrote:
Aquagaze

u wu

10/10 would name again. /shotdown

I guess I'll go with about a 4 to a 5 ish. Aqua- is a little strange since the color aqua is a more bright blue. I just don't think it could fit the blue of a cat very well unless it was a wild guess on the eye color when the cat gets older. -Gaze is okay. If the cat was a daydreamer and zoned out a bunch or just looked to be wise by staring off into the distance, I could kinda see the reasoning for the name. cx

Amberheart (Sunny) wrote:
Featherheart- A light gray fluffy she-cat with striking yellow eyes. Feather refurrs to the "feathery-ness" of her fur and -heart is as she is kind and caring.

8 to a 9. It's a very typical name, but it explains the appearance and the quality of the cat's characteristics very well. 

Shadowsong |D

Thrushstripe-- a short-haired, light brown tom with dark tabby stripes; white muzzle, belly, and legs. Typical meadow-green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:11 pm

catlord wrote:
swiftbreeze a fast on his paws tom that is silent as the breeze. black an d white feather and heart don't really go together well it does not sound right. rating 4

This was your rating, Sunny. >v<

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 1492

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:53 pm

I knew that

Mystic, rouge she-cat (Alive)
Spoiler:

Streamclaw, she-cat of RiverClan (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Blue----, she-cat of RiverClan. (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Epic Rain-made avatar
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Characters : Copperpaw, Shadepaw
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Swiftwind- a light grayish white she-cat with emerald green eyes. She is very fast and energetic. She is known for speed.
Back to top Go down
http://mcocrpg.forumotion.co.uk/
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Swiftwind - Eh.... I'll break it down to prefix and suffix for this one.

The prefix Swift- is more so for a dusky brown or black cat, perhaps with a few white markings. It's also a prefix that would be referring to the bird and not that the kit is very fast and energetic. After all, the moment a kit is born, isn't it still sleeping soundly and not... awake yet? How do you expect a mother to know the kit is swift (as in speed) if they're still sleeping while they're being named?

As for -wind. I'm not too big on the use of this as a suffix due to the fact that it's the name of a clan, which I'd reckon that it makes the clan names unusual as names for cats. In this case, I'd say that clan names are a little too sacred for them to have them as a prefix and/or suffix for any of the Warriors. Moreover, I believe you're using -wind to also add up to how quickly Swiftwind runs? Unfortunately, if you're looking for speed, I'd say that -wind isn't a great suffix for that. After all, there's already -foot (agility) and -tail (great sense of balance and speed).

Overall, I'd give a rating of 3.2 since the name makes sense in a non-traditional system, but not quite what a traditional system would have.

~~~~~

Frostheart - A medium-length fur pure white she-cat with blue eyes. Deaf in one ear, hard to hear in the other. Isn't very empathetic and may dismiss the pain of others, but fiercely loyal in her belief to StarClan and will defend it no matter what. Has a strong sense of personal justice with her own idealistic notion of right or wrong. While she isn't very empathetic, when pushed to by her own heart, Frostheart will defend any innocents - no matter the clan.

Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Clan/Rank : [Silver- ShadowClan Warrior] [Misty- RiverClan Queen] [Flower- ThunderClan Warrior] [Fox- WindClan Warrior] [Hail- ThunderClan Warrior]
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 286

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

I like the prefix frost-, based on your description, but I'm not so sure about the suffix. Frostheart makes me think of a cat who is really rude and grumpy, like Yellowfang, or violent and ambitious, like Tigerstar.

Hailfang- a gray tom with yellow eyes and unusually long canines. He's always serious and strict, and very loyal to his Clan and the warrior code.

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Silver14Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Mistyf10Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Flower10Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Foxcla11Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Hailfa10
Made by Pinely
Group Pic, Courtesy of Rose:

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 15yw26d

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 The_po10   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Fish_a10
Behold- The Power of Fish (and Happy)

Last edited by Twilight on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 9:27 pm

The prefix Hail- would usually be seen with a white or or partially white cat I would think. Gray would be more like Smoke- Grey- or Cinder- more likely. Plus, why would he have sharper teeth than a normal cat? Does he like sharpening them on rocks or something? lol jk

Redfang- Deep auburn tom with blazing green eyes. Short fur. He always seem to being in fights, and always a trouble maker, hence his -fang

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Twilight wrote:
I like the prefix frost-, based on your description, but I'm not so sure about the suffix. Frostheart makes me think of a cat who is really rude and grumpy, like Yellowfang, or violent and ambitious, like Tigerstar.

*quietly explains self* The -heart prefix refers to a cat with a strong sense of justice or their own ideal notion of right and/or wrong. Unfortunately to say, -fang refers to a cat who is skilled both in battle and hunting while in Tigerstar's case, -claw for an exceptional fighter. I believe you're thinking that the prefix is correlating with the suffix? In this situation, not really, but other cases the suffix and prefix will match up (ie. Graystripe). If the case you're saying at the moment for Frostheart refers to her as a rude and grumpy cat, what of Fireheart/star? Wouldn't that make him an energetic or mood-swinging cat with a passion?

On to Redfang...

Red- would be more likely for a ginger sort of cat rather than auburn, and from the description, I believe you're referring to the auburn similar to brown? From a quick search, anyway, the color looks too similar to the shade of brown with it slightly leaning towards red. I guess it sort of fits, but not necessarily.

Well then. As I stated just above, -fang is for a cat who is a skilled fighter and hunter, not exactly a cat he is always in fights. If you're looking for a skilled fighter only, it'd be -claw instead. And... aren't the -heart's usually the trouble makers because they're too into helping others based on their own justice?

Though I believe this name works fine with a few edits, so... 4.3. >v<

Sedgeflower: a small, dappled grey-black she-cat with vivid green eyes. Can be cold and aloof. Doesn't baby her kits, feeling that they should learn about the world through experience over lectures and being spoiled. However, she passionately cares about them and always seems to be keeping an eye on them, even when they're warriors.

Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Characters : Copperpaw, Shadepaw
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 2:59 am

I'll just say that whenever ive posted this thread on other forums in the past Ive never had to explain why I didnt like the name. I just gave a rating and that was final. And also no one on the other websites thought about the names like you did like how the warriors would think of it or anything so im not experienced with it this advanced. And I never had to give a description with the name on this game either,,,,....

Sedges are a green color..... I am thinking you are getting the green from her eyes. Im gonig to give it a 5.

Cinderstorm- a dark blueish gray she-cat with dark gray eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://mcocrpg.forumotion.co.uk/
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 3:10 am

Actually, Sedge- refers to the Common Sedge, or Smooth Black Sedge where it refers to the flower instead of the grass, so the green cannot be from her eyes due to the fact that all kits are born with blue eyes until the color changes. Just for clarification. @v@

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9740

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:13 am

Spottedflight wrote:
I'll just say that whenever ive posted this thread on other forums in the past Ive never had to explain why I didnt like the name. I just gave a rating and that was final. And also no one on the other websites thought about the names like you did like how the warriors would think of it or anything so im not experienced with it this advanced. And I never had to give a description with the name on this game either,,,,....

Sedges are a green color..... I am thinking you are getting the green from her eyes. Im gonig to give it a 5.

Cinderstorm- a dark blueish gray she-cat with dark gray eyes.

Well, a lot of people here have a preferred naming system called traditionalism. It used to be mandatory on the site until we scrapped it for being too rigid. Basically, it has two main rules:

1. The cat's prefix (i.e. the first part of their name) must reflect their appearance. So, you might name your blue-gray kit Rainkit. A rule to add onto this was that you couldn't name your kit after the eye color.

2. The cat's suffix (i.e. the second part of their name) would reflect either their skills or personality. So if Rainkit was a distinguished fighter, they might be named Rainclaw once they got their warrior ceremony. If they were easygoing and gentle, they might be named Raincloud. You see? :P

Some nasty old people like myself prefer to name their cats like that. Unfortunately, some traditionalists can be quite eiltist, and they have a bad rep across the Warriors fandom for being rude. On that note, though...

Echo wrote:
Actually, Sedge- refers to the Common Sedge, or Smooth Black Sedge where it refers to the flower instead of the grass, so the green cannot be from her eyes due to the fact that all kits are born with blue eyes until the color changes. Just for clarification. @v@

Psssssst. Echo. Hey Echo.

I don't think a lot of the people in this thread are taking traditionalism into account.

I'm questioning if it's necessary to give out 200 word essays on why it doesn't fit into your preferred fan system.

Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the warrior name above you!   Rate the warrior name above you! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the warrior name above you!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next