Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm clocking out y'all.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I'm clocking out y'all. Empty
PostI'm clocking out y'all.

Hey it's lemon. I've only recently rejoined WCC, but my hay-day was back in 2018-2021. I left for very similar reasons which have me leaving now, this time permanently.

Having been a member since 2018, I've seen the site go through some major changes. For one, the reskin, by our lovely sumashira (who has also stepped away from the site). The battle system, *looks at the spot where ripped used to be* and much more.

I have to say the site takes to change like oil does to water. Without fail, the reigning staff team is abhorrent to it, viewing it as a threat to their leadership, or a break in the monotony.

The reason I came back to the site was because of the work ripped had done on it. It was a friendly place with such hierarchies and favoritism broken down into rules rather than rage towards others simply at having new and different ideas.

With a thriving site, come new people. And I have loved the new people I've meant. Most recent of which who held admin experience, who know how to run a site and what a larger site needs. The issue is, while the site requires maintenance, there's a rabid dog waiting outside the maintenance shaft itself, drooling and growling at anyone who tries to change anything.

Humans fear what we cannot understand, it's a natural instinct, however if we let that fear consume us, where would we be today? Instead, I see that fear turned to judgement towards others, anger towards ripped who has done nothing but help this site and instead receives side eyes and whispers behind her back because of what? A grudge? I can't even remember what basis anyone would have to form one on her. My guess is the change she brings - thus making her feared and thus hated.

She has handled this incredibly gracefully, and somehow always returns to the site and continues to work on it even after it has treated her so poorly.

And for kieer and grohiik, what happened y'all? Did they threaten the monarchy of staff with their newfound ideas too?

Somehow this site has a nack for pushing everything away that has been good for it. In the name of conservatism and preserving an ancient relic of a site that would have never thrived in today's day and age had it not been for the small modicum of change staff let squeeze by. After some abuse and doubt mind you. Each time someone crawls into the maintenance shaft to make changes, the dog gets a lump of flesh. It's not a graceful task, to preserve WCC, oh we make sure of that.

While I understand the frustration y'all have at ripped revoking her contributions to WCC, she is fully within her right to do so. You cannot be surprised that when you treat someone terribly, they leave. And y'all did not deserve the good she has brought here.

I'm leaving in protest to this behavior, in protest to a staff that gets threatened by change and operates on a hair trigger, prone to snapping at the hint of push back. And know that I'm not referring to the newer additions here.

It's like the "cathedral vs parlor" debate. Staff wasn't thinking about the cathedral when they removed ripped. And don't you dare say she was selfish for taking her contributions away. That was justified fully.

I pray WCC will survive long enough to be ran by a staff who thinks about the site as a whole rather than some ancient idea of an unchanging monolith, meant to preserve a time long gone.

I will not be returning, and I will be deleting my account.

Goodbye WCC, you deserve better.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

I'm clocking out y'all. :: Comments

No Comment.

I'm clocking out y'all.

Page 1 of 1