Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Learning the Ropes [Training]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

Learning the Ropes [Training] Empty
PostSubject: Learning the Ropes [Training]   Learning the Ropes [Training] EmptyFri 19 Apr 2024 - 19:26

Honeydew
T3 Warrior | SkyClan Deputy | she/her

Honeydew had sought out her apprentice the following evening as promised. The little apprentice had settled nicely in the apprentice's den. Honeydew had prepared a training session in the clearing this evening, while the rest of the clan was beginning to wind down for the night. The deputy found a nice corner of camp, out of the way of regular hustle and bustle, and met up with Yewshade and his apprentice, Ridgepaw. A cheerful trill escaped the young deputy as she approached.

"Hey, Yewshade! Thanks for agreeing to this training session with me," she purred, giving the tom a quick nuzzle. She turned back to the pair of apprentices, life in her eyes. "This evening we will be practicing simple battle moves," she explained. "It's too dangerous to go to the training hollow in the forest, with those... things... lurking out there. So we will be practicing here for now, safe in camp. I'm sorry, I know it's not the most exciting, but hey, we can still get some training done!" She hoped that the apprentices wouldn't be too disappointed. They can see the forest another day, she reasoned with herself.

"Remember - claws need to be sheathed when you are sparring with a clanmate! Absolutely no claws," she reminded them sternly, her mind filling with images of her friend Myrtlebloom's defeated body left in the clearing after her brother, Shatteredsky, had fought her until she knocked out. Honeydew still didn't quite understand why it all happened... she knew there was a strange tension between those two, and Myrtlebloom had started it. Now, both warriors were demoted to 'paws in the meantime, and forced to stay far away from each other. "The warrior code forbids fighting your clanmates. Shatteredpaw and Myrtlepaw can serve as a great example of what happens if you ever use your claws against a clanmate," she warned, though she resented having to use their apprentice names in that way.

The deputy took a deep breath and stepped back, facing Yewshade.
"To start off, we will be practicing a very basic offensive move - the front paw strike!" The she-cat extended her paw - claws sheathed - in Yewshade's direction, with a sparkle of mischief in the depths of her blue eyes. "Do your best to be on your toes - balance your weight evenly to each of your paws, and be ready for anything. When someone - or something - attacks you, you can react to it in a variety of ways." Honeyew lashed out, straight towards Yewshade, aiming for his shoulder.

Honeydew used Front Paw Strike on Yewshade, dealing 8 damage and costing 7 SP.

Honeydew
50/50 HP
113/120 SP (-7 SP)

Yewshade
32/40 HP (-8 HP)
100/100 SP

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down

Learning the Ropes [Training]
Page 1 of 1