Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

Life is long. That, I will never forget[C] Empty
PostSubject: Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]   Life is long. That, I will never forget[C] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 11:18 pm

She remained in his memory simply as the most plaintive and poignant of a line of ghosts

She missed Hollowpaw.

No, not because she missed her littermate. Of course she did, but it was not Hollowpaw's presence she missed, but... the feeling of being whole. Of knowing that her family was still with her. Hollowpaw was the only one that was an apprentice now, but how much longer would it be before Frecklekit and Willowkit too joined her? Would they all just leave her behind? Her claws dug into the soft mossball, wondering if her sister had remembered to fetch her feathers like she had asked. Would Hollowpaw remember her at all?

She missed Hollowkit.

Why did they have to leave the nursery? She was still a kit, so it was fine that she liked making pretty patterns around camp with stuff. It was fine to devote her time to carefully tucking pebbles into the right place and layering them with feathers groomed to perfection and crinkled petals she stole from the medicine cat's den. But she knew that when she became an apprentice, this would no longer be her gift. Her clanmates were so cruel... she watched them pass each day doing the same tiring tasks. It seemed inevitable that she, too, would have to perform these same routines for the rest of her days until she grew too old to do anything. Or, perhaps, the warrior life would claim her first. That thought made her shudder. She didn't want to die, nor did she want to live this life. Why could she not stay in the present?

The kit cried to herself, feeling the restlessness tug at her heart. How many more days of peace would she have before she had to join Hollowpaw? How was she going to do it all? It felt impossible-- to speak in itself was a struggle, and now she had to destroy. Not to create, as seemed to be her only skill, but to rip something she couldn't have dreamed of making to shreds. Would she ever have to kill someone? Or watch someone get killed? Or be killed?

Her cries eventually fell to silence as she starred at the nursery entrance, waiting for her sister to return. How long had she been in this position? When the entrance finally shifted to reveal a cat, Juniperkit jumped to her paws, all too ready to leap forward and embrace her littermate.

Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]   Life is long. That, I will never forget[C] EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 11:41 am

Being an apprentice came with a ton of duties. Out of all the duties in camp, Hedgepaw felt that she liked visiting the nursery the most. She had nothing against the elders--but their bedding always smelled bad. It smelled much nicer and fresher in the nursery, like flowers and milk and herbs. So when she'd been given the job of bringing in some moss to refresh their bedding tonight, she hadn't minded it at all, even though she was the only one assigned. After all, it felt like it hadn't been too long ago that she'd been a kit herself. It was strange to think that... especially when so many cats younger than her, like Orchid---, were getting their names. But she dismissed that thought. She didn't mind, really. She wouldn't want to get her name before Wolfpaw and Fernpaw, anyway. And Stagpaw. If he... ever got better. That thought did sober her a little bit. Her brother, so big and strong, feeling ill in the medicine den for so long. Like Mamma had during the awful time at the journeyplace. But what if... what if he didn't get better? Something inside her wailed at the idea.

No, that wasn't her wailing. That was someone else. The sound of a kit mewling. Hedgepaw had been standing for a moment with moss held in her jaws, thinking those terrible things. She ought to move. The sound--though it had stopped now--finally forced her paws forward and through the entrance of the nursery. To her surprise, a kit was sitting right in front of it. She had to sidestep in order to keep from stepping on them, and that sudden movement nearly sent her toppling forward, the heavy wad of moss in her mouth offsetting her balance. "Oughff!" Just barely, she remained standing, then dropped the enormous bundle of moss. Curious green eyes met those of the kit. She was... Sablestrike's daughter, maybe? It was difficult to keep all the kits straight these days. She appeared near apprentice age, though, given that she was almost getting as big as Hedgepaw. Or maybe it was just that Hedgepaw had hardly grown from her own kithood. Anyway, she sat and tilted her head. "Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]   Life is long. That, I will never forget[C] EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:57 am

She remained in his memory simply as the most plaintive and poignant of a line of ghosts

It was not Hollowpaw, but someone with a lighter shade of brown and white adorning her paws like gloves of snow. Juniperkit scrambled to a stop, feeling shame wash through her when she saw the apprentice trip over her enormous load of moss. The she-cat has tried to completed her duties and brought fresh moss to the queens, just for Juniperkit to disturb her in her clumsiness, silly-mindedness. The black she-kit blinked tears out of her eyes as the apprentice sat down opposite her and tilted her head. Her vision cleared to reveal a pair of eyes a similar shade of green to her own carefully watching her with an air of... softness. This cat had no rough edges, that was for sure. She was asking if- if she was alright? Were her eyes still that puffy? Juniperkit rushed to duck her head, mumbling out an embarassed "i'm fine" while kneeding the ground with her paws. "Sorry, I- I didn't mean to crash into you. I thought you were my sister and wanted to run up to her. Sorry," She added an apology, then took a quick peek up at the older she's expression.

PostSubject: Re: Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]   Life is long. That, I will never forget[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is long. That, I will never forget[C]
Page 1 of 1