Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

LotusClan - The Loyal and Free

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

LotusClan - The Loyal and Free Empty
PostSubject: LotusClan - The Loyal and Free   LotusClan - The Loyal and Free EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 21:32

LotusClan
The Loyal and Free

LotusClan - The Loyal and Free Lotus-blossom

Hello, and welcome to the story of my ClanGen clan!  I love playing this little game and making up stories for the cats, so I thought I would turn it into something for not just me to enjoy.  I was heavily inspired by Nyoko Art's YouTube series about their clan GalaxyClan (watch here).  I will try to post new updates regularly, perhaps every 2 weeks or so depending on my free time.  I also may ask for name suggestions if I don't like a cat's randomly generated name from time to time, which would most likely happen on Discord.  Feel free to take inspiration from my idea, create art, use my character's names or appearances for your own characters, or suggest ideas for things I could implement into this little story.  I ask however that you please don't post on this thread.

Here are the rules I'm playing with:
- No manually selecting couples, I can influence their feelings through patrolling or mediating but they need to get together in-game.
- Apprentices need to be with at least one warrior when patrolling, and their first patrol must be with their mentor
- If I reach over 40 cats in the clan extinction events will be turned on and left on until we get below 40 cats again.
- No duplicate prefixes or suffixes for living cats
- Same-sex breeding is turned off, but same-sex adoption increase is turned on
- Allowing cats to have affairs and have kits with cats other than their mates is turned on, unknown second parent is turned off unless I feel like starting drama
- Leaders choose a new deputy automatically, I don't pick
- Experience-based apprentice graduation is turned on
- Mediators are turned on

Origins
LotusClan - The Loyal and Free Bright10

Many moons ago the cats who would someday become LotusClan lived with a different clan deep in the dark woods.  This clan had been ruled by a long bloodline of leaders who treated their clanmates with cruelty, seeing them as only pawns to be used in wars for more land and more food for themselves.  The current leader in power was the worst of them all, and many cats were wasting away from starvation and unhealed injuries and illnesses under his rule.  A young medicine cat of the clan, Brightlotus, felt sympathy for her clanmates but dared not speak against her leader for fear of being cast out.  One night however, StarClan came to her in a dream and told her that they had become displeased with the current leader and his family, and would be striking him from his throne.  Before they did though, they asked Brightlotus to gather a group of cats who would be ready to step up and take charge of the clan.  Brightlotus agreed, and over the next moon brought together six of her most trusted clanmates; Quailfeather, Dayshade, Thrushwhistle, Stonestripe, Plumlily, and Crowtail.  They agreed to rally together for the sake of their clan and waited for StarClan to act.  

One night, while giving a speech, a bolt of lightning struck from the cloudless sky and hit the cruel leader, taking the rest of his nine lives.  Brightlotus and her friends stepped forward and delivered StarClan's message, banishing the leader's kin from the clan.  Some went with the ruling family out of fear, but most of the clan stayed with Brightlotus in the hope of a better life.  StarClan granted Quailfeather nine lives, naming her Quailstar, and alongside Brightlotus they began rebuilding the clan from the ground up.  To their shock though, one day when Brightlotus went to collect herbs near the border she never returned.  Quailstar found her mutilated body at the edge of the woods, and StarClan whispered warnings in her ear; it was no longer safe here.  The ruling family was dead set on revenge, and Quailstar refused to lose any more of her clanmates to their brutality.  That night she announced that they would be leaving and finding a new home.  A lot of cats hesitated, and a lot decided to stay behind despite the warnings.  All of the founders though, along with several other cats, agreed to leave.  Under the cover of darkness, Quailstar led her clanmates away from their home forever, and on a journey to find a new one.

After a long trek, Quailstar and her clan found a beautiful grassland with plentiful prey, lots of sunshine, and freedom to run to their heart's content.  Finding a camp nestled in a gully, they quickly settled into their new territory.  In honor of their fallen founder, and their new home, Quailstar renamed their group to LotusClan, the brave and the free.  They were not alone, however; four other clans already lived nearby called StreamClan, LichenClan, OakClan, and RainClan.  LotusClan announced themselves to them at a Gathering, making it clear that they were here to live in peace alongside them, and their presence was generally accepted.  Several moons have passed since they arrived at their new home, and recent bouts of illness have reduced their population by quite a bit.  Quailstar hopes to build their clan and create a legacy in this new land, and this is their story.

Starting Cast
LotusClan - The Loyal and Free Lotusc10

Leader: Quailstar ⚧
Deputy: Dayshade ♀
Medicine Cat: Hazelhare ♂
Warriors: Thrushwhistle ♂, Stonestripe ♂, Plumlily ♂, Crowtail ♀, Ivoryspeck ♂, Sprucefur ♂, Butterflyclaw ♂

Major Events of Year 1

• Sprucepaw and Butterflypaw, two orphans of the illness, earn their warrior names of Sprucefur and Butterflyclaw.  They were mentored by Dayshade and Ivoryspeck.

• Lots of Twolegs have been hanging around their territory, walking dogs and other such strange things.  LotusClan mostly just stays away from them, but can't help but be curious about their presence.

• Quailstar is encouraging outsiders to join, for now.  A young kittypet named Koala joins the clan and takes the name Koaladapple.  She is determined to be a good warrior but faces a lot of prejudice and judgment from Dayshade and Ivoryspeck.  A former barn cat named Bittern joins as well, taking the name Bitternheart.

• Stonestripe and Sprucefur both bring litters of kits into the clan that they claim were "abandoned" and adopt the kits, but the kits look suspiciously similar to each of the toms who found them.  Stonestripe's litter is Piperkit, Streamkit, and Sagekit, while Sprucefur's litter is Wheatkit and Woollykit.  Quailstar has her suspicions, but since the clan needs members she turns a blind eye.

• Hazelhare confesses to Quailstar that he wants to step down as the clan's medicine cat and become a warrior.  She agrees to let him do so as long as he fully trains an apprentice first.  Hazelhare is planning to pick one of the current kits to be his successor

• Dayshade gives birth to a single tom kit named Hyacinthkit with Plumlily.  They aren't mates but decided to help give the clan new warriors and are co-parenting

• Stonestripe, Quailstar, Hazelhare, Bitternheart, Piperkit, and Streamkit all catch whitecough during late leaf-bare, but each cat manages to recover.

Back to top Go down

LotusClan - The Loyal and Free
Page 1 of 1