Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

fresh air [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 187

fresh air [c] Empty
PostSubject: fresh air [c]   fresh air [c] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 18:33

nightpaw
After some careful convincing, Nightpaw had managed to talk Heatherberry into letting Hedgepaw out of the medicine den for a while. He'd never spoken to the medicine cat before, but his desire to do something for his friend overrode his anxiety, and he'd gathered the courage to talk to her after Hedgepaw had a few days of rest. Just a walk outside of the thorn tunnel for a bit. Just to stretch her legs. Just to get her some fresh air. Nightpaw wanted to help cheer the muddy molly up a bit, and so even though his heart was pounding out of his chest as he pushed his way through the curtain leading into the den, he kept his paws moving forward.

"Hedge?" He called out softly, scanning the den for her familiar dark shape. Her wounds should be healing up well - and oh, it was such a beautiful spring day. The weather was warm, the birds were singing, and the flowers were in slow bloom. A gentle breeze blew through camp, carrying the promise of rain later that night, and Nightpaw closed his eyes for a moment against the damp, crisp air. His paws stirred with apprehension and excitement. Maybe there would be butterflies about - he really hoped so. What would be better to cheer Hedgepaw up? "Hedgepaw, Heatherberry said we could go for a little walk. Um - if - if you wanted to." The small tom added nervously, sitting by the entrance. Was she awake? Would she even want to come? He wouldn't let another owl attack her - he'd make sure of that. Scared as he was, she was the closest thing he had to a friend or an ally, and he was sure he could bring a whole parliament of owls down if he had to. But what if she was too scared to venture out? 

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

fresh air [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: fresh air [c]   fresh air [c] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 23:37

It felt a little bit weird to be lying around and resting so much. Hedgepaw scuffed at the ground of the medicine den a little bit with her paw, feeling the tip of her tail twitch. Of course her back was still sore, but the marks of the talon in her back were now completely obscured by her dark tabby fur. Heatherberry had told her something about not "aggravating" the wounds--which was a big word that Fern would know, she was sure--but she was starting to get tired of not getting to do most of her apprentice duties. The injuries hadn't been that bad, even though they stung a little bit, and even though almost getting stolen away by the owl was a bit scary, Fernpaw and the others had protected her. So she was fine. Besides, wouldn't it be better if Quillsplash could keep teaching her how to fight, so that if an owl ever tried to snatch her up again then she'd be ready for it? Mostly she was just bored. She didn't want to miss out on spending any time with her brothers. So she remained in camp as instructed, sitting in the very soft moss nest, but she couldn't help pouting a little bit about it.

Her small ears perked up at the sound of a voice calling her name. The voice and form were Nightpaw's again. Even among the many visitors received, she always enjoyed when he came to talk with her. Hedgepaw smiled, sitting up to greet him. "Hey, what's up?" Her dark green eyes widened slightly at the news. Heatherberry had been gone for a little while, busy gathering herbs or something like that. But if she'd said that she could get up and leave camp, finally...! "I can, really? We can? That's great!" Enthusiasm raised the pitch of her voice as she stood up, eyes sparkling. "I'd love to go! I mean, I don't mind resting, but it's kinda boring to just stay in camp all the time. Besides, it's newleaf. I wanna see if there's flowers 'n stuff outside. Can we go, can we really?" The poultice that had been atop her back slid off when she stood, but that was okay--it was all used up by now, pretty much, anyway. Her injury barely hurt anymore. She wanted to step outside and really enjoy the early evening. Of course, she tried to listen to what Heatherberry said and not walk too fast, but it was hard when her white paws itched to just get up and go. Thank the stars Nightpaw had come to walk with her.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 187

fresh air [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: fresh air [c]   fresh air [c] EmptyThu 4 Apr 2024 - 0:15

nightpaw
Nightpaw smiled as the dark molly sat up, her eyes glowing back at him eagerly from the shade of the medicine den. Of course she wouldn't be scared. He was the one harboring all the anxiety in this duo, after all. His whiskers twitched in amusement, but it was reassuring to see she was still her usual self. An attack like that could make the most confident of cats act like - well, like him.

He'd visited when he could, often at least stopping by to check in on her before retiring to his nest. He felt annoying, though, constantly asking himself: does she really want me around? Am I annoying her? Should I just let her rest? But if he really was a nuisance, she certainly hadn't told him to yet. Though that didn't help his anxiety any.

It seemed Hedgepaw was raring to go, though. Nightpaw purred softly at her enthusiasm. "I don't blame you. My brain might get up and leave my head if I had to stay in camp more than a day." He joked, but it wasn't totally true. He would much rather be in the safety of camp than out in the territory. Though - if he could be sure there were no threats, and he could be totally alone out there, he did prefer the marsh and the quiet company of the frogs and crickets. He blinked, brow furrowing as he watched Hedgepaw's poultice fall to the ground next to her. Did she need that? Well, walking would surely knock it back down - he'd leave that up to Heatherberry when they got back. Nightpaw's own gaze sparkled with quiet happiness, his ears for once not pinned to the sides of his head but perked up, at full attention. His short, white-tipped tail raised high and proud in the air. He'd done something for his friend, and she'd liked it! Maybe he wasn't such a lost cause after all.

"Yeah, we can go! U-unless Heatherberry was being sarcastic." Doubt flashed across his gaze for a moment. No. That wouldn't make sense. He shook his head for a moment as though to clear his thoughts. "Come on! Let's not waste the daylight. There are flowers, they're brilliant! I should ask Heatherberry what's growing next to the tunnel. I'm sure she'll know..." The tom chattered happily, a side of him he'd barely shown until now. A pep in his step carried him out of the den. Oh, he couldn't wait for her to see the way everything had bloomed almost overnight!

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fresh air [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: fresh air [c]   fresh air [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

fresh air [c]
Page 1 of 1