Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sign of the times [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

sign of the times [c] Empty
PostSubject: sign of the times [c]   sign of the times [c] EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Poppyshine

It was easier to work. It was easier to work rather than eat, talk, or even just rest. Poppyshine’s mind was a series of screaming matches more often than not and she did not want to give her mind too many minutes of silence to start up all the noise again. No, it was just…easier to work. She understood why Perchstar was always working now.

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t do to never rest and never eat. She had to. She had no extra lives to spare, not like Perchstar who she had watched collapse from exhaustion and overexertion. No…Poppyshine would have to take care of herself sometimes, and so she did.

She approached the fresh-kill pile while Kitespring was there picking out her own meal. Poppyshine brushed against Kitespring gently in greeting as she leaned down and chose whatever fish looked most appetizing. Poppyshine had been neglecting things like grooming and so her fur looked a little ratty and unkempt despite the brightness of the newleaf season surrounding them. Poppyshine had hardly noticed.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: sign of the times [c]   sign of the times [c] EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:49 pm

Kitespring couldn't stop thinking about the war.

It wasn't normal, how much the war stuck to her brain. She wasn't part of the patrol that came back from the war. But it also wasn't normal for Perchstar, Littlesplash, Cindersky, and especially Poppyshine to have entered camp without a part of themselves, like if none of them really returned after the war with SkyClan. It ate at her, taking pesky bites out of her like she was a piece of fresh-kill. She didn't have the trauma that her clanmates had from the war, but eventually it felt like Kitespring would end up the same way. I know we can't turn back time, but... I wish that everyone was like how they were before this all happened.

Feeling a pelt brush past her, Kitespring turned to see Poppyshine picking out a fish from the fresh-kill pile. After the war, she had lost a piece of her ear, as well as getting massive scars all on her pelt. More subtly, though, her calico pelt was more unkempt than it usually was, slowly getting more and more ragged as the days passed. Now that she thought about it, Kitespring hadn't remembered to groom herself in the past few days - she had spent so much time worrying about everyone affected from the war and trying to help them when she could.

"Hey," she said, pushing a smile for the RiverClan deputy. Kitespring felt the furthest from her than she had ever been before. Just a few moons ago, Poppyshine wore her heart out on her pelt while alongside her clanmates, but now it felt like it was poking a sleeping badger even thinking about talking with her. She hated it.

You should check on her, she told herself. If she pressed too hard and too fast, though, Poppyshine could snap and break off their friendship, and Kitespring really didn't want to risk that.

A friend checks on their friends. Go check on her.

...Well, that was true, but she still felt so distant from her to the point that she didn't even feel like they were friends anymore, so it still felt like she didn't have the ability to-

JUST GO CHECK ON HER, MOUSEBRAIN!

Shifting her attention to Poppyshine - who had just picked a fish for herself - Kitespring leaned towards her. "Want to... go out for a walk?" she whispered. "Just the two of us." That was... a start. Probably. It was at least an invitation for privacy, and she knew that Poppyshine would want privacy if they were to discuss something this serious. Stars, she still worried that Poppyshine would hate her, that she had changed so much from the war that they couldn't even talk with each other anymore.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

sign of the times [c] Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: sign of the times [c]   sign of the times [c] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 5:08 pm

Poppyshine

Kitespring was always a quiet cat, even all the way back in their apprentice days, so it didn’t bother Poppyshine when there were long stretches of silence between them. Poppyshine used to be the one to supply those silences, but it was a struggle to talk half the time nowadays, and so the silence had become a new normal. Poppyshine didn’t mind…she hoped Kitespring didn’t either.

She looked with surprise when her friend offered a walk. That sounded rather…nice, honestly. The walks that she took by herself usually turned into spirals. Being with a friend sounded nice.

“Sure,” she replied with a quiet smile. She looked down and replaced the fish back on the pile. “I’ll eat when I get back. I didn’t have much of an appetite anyway.” Poppyshine turned away from the fresh-kill pile and looked to Kitespring as they headed for the camp entrance. “How about we walk to the Beech Copse and back? I think flowers should be sprouting over there by now.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: sign of the times [c]   sign of the times [c] EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 12:03 am

As Poppyshine suggested a walk to the Beech Copse, Kitespring nodded quickly. "Yes, that sounds... wonderful," she said, trying to make sure that the thoughts rushing through her mind weren't too obvious to Poppyshine. Stars, she didn't want to put more pressure on Poppyshine and make whatever she was going through worse. At the same time, she felt like just ignoring the problem entirely would also make the problem worse, so she couldn't really be doing that, either. So she was left in no-cat's-land, just thinking about what she could say to Poppyshine in a moon or so. And Kitespring hated it.

After the two of them were far enough away from camp as so nobody could hear, Kitespring turned to Poppyshine. "Um... Poppyshine, I..." she started. It was wrong, all wrong. She couldn't say it yet. "...It's a beautiful day outside."

She felt like a coward for not saying it. She couldn't keep on avoiding it like greencough, for stars' sake! She needed to actually muster up the courage to speak up, to try and help Poppyshine when she was hurting. But perhaps she worried that whatever she said would make things worse, would tear everything that they had to dust and hurt Poppyshine in a way Kitespring could never predict.

As they got closer to the Beech Copse, Kitespring felt her courage start to come back.

"I..." she started again. "You- uh, I, um..." Why could she not just say it? It's not like she was confessing her love to Poppyshine or anything. This should be easy in comparison.

"I'm... I'm worried about you, Poppyshine," she finally said. "You've been... off recently. Ever since..." The war. Why was she dancing around that word in particular? Poppyshine knew exactly what Kitespring was talking about. Was it really that hard just to say those two words to her?

Kitespring hated how the answer to that was 'yes'.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

sign of the times [c] Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: sign of the times [c]   sign of the times [c] EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:04 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s ears lowered when Kitespring finally found her words. She slowed down to a stop and looked down at the ground. There is a beat where she just lets Kitespring’s words roll in her mind before she croaked, “I’m sorry.” She knows that Kitespring is right. Poppyshine has not felt like herself at all since this happened. But she didn’t know what to do about it. What could she do, except work and cry in her own private time? Letting everything out usually helped but it has still just felt so bottled up inside of her.

“I don’t mean to be,” she continues softly. “I’m trying to get myself back to normal for everyone. I just don’t know how. I…I didn’t expect all of this to affect me so terribly. Or to affect Perchstar…” Poppyshine closed her eyes. She sees Birdstar when she closes her eyes, and then guilt washes over her again and she thinks of Perchstar. She wishes she could just fix things. “I don’t want to worry you, Kitespring.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699