Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hawk in the night [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

hawk in the night [C] Empty
PostSubject: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 5:11

"The weak never have their wings unfurl."
Silverhawk
T3 Warrior | ShadowClan | he/him

Silverhawk wasn't sure if passing by the elder's den was a curse or a blessing. One of the apprentices stuck on tick duty had caught sight of him in his stroll and had taken it upon himself to meld into Silverhawk's own shadow. Little Nettlepaw must have finished picking mites out of dusty fur for the day because he clearly had nothing else to do. The chatter that he half-entertained was annoying, like flies constantly buzzing in his ears, but Silverhawk couldn't deny it: the attention was welcome. If no one else did, at least Nettlepaw recognized how captivating he was. Even though it was Nettlepaw, who'd been proclaimed by many as a brat.

Eventually, Silverhawk approached the fresh-kill pile. He paused in front of it and placed a paw on top of a mouse half-fat with new-leaf shoots. For the first time since Nettlepaw crept onto his heels, he turned around and assessed the white-furred tom in full. "Nettlepaw," he said warmly. None of the tightness in his throat over the irritant reached his voice. "Stars, you must be all done with work for the night! Good job." His claws pressed into the mouse and he dragged it down, toppling a few other pieces of prey, and moved it between him and Nettlepaw. "Why don't we sit down together?" Maybe entertaining him would get Nettlepaw to leave him alone; or, if nothing else, he could enjoy the obsession in full. Reclining onto his haunches, he chuckled, "It'll be easier to have a conversation that way, won't it?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 23:12

Nettlepaw danced in and out of Silverhawk's shadow, mismatched eyes attempting to catch the grey tom's own. He chattered ceaselessly, interrogating him. "What's it like being a warrior?", "Does Lilypaw actually pull her weight now?", Who are your friends?, "What's it like having so many siblings?", "I could totally be a warrior now, just so you know.", "Next time we go hunting I'll catch a rabbit for you.". Of course, Silverhawk hardly entertained him, but it didn't bother him. Like claws being grated over stone, he'd wear the moody tom down. Silverhawk would see how great of a friend he could be, and everyone he met liked Silverhawk. Once their bond was engraved into ShadowClan's history no one would mess with him.

As the warrior indicated for him to follow, Nettlepaw chirruped happily. "Maybe!" he mewed, the cobwebs in the elders den could wait for later. A spider bite never killed nobody. "It'd be so great to finally properly talk. Hedgepaw, says you're really cool and that you'd be my friend, so we should make it official." The apprentice settled down onto his hunches, cocking his head. The moonlight glinted in his amber eye, as he shifted. "So... How is Hawkmist? Hedgepaw said that's your special friend or best friend or something like that."

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

hawk in the night [C] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 17:13

Silverhawk

Silverhawk squinted down at Nettlepaw, a half-affected smile that barely touched his crinkling eyes. "Maybe," he echoed with an amused snort. At least he wouldn't be the one to get in trouble if Nettlepaw had abandoned his duties prematurely. Nettlepaw wasn't his responsibility. Silverhawk flicked his ears and tipped his head in acquiescence to the continued talk. It was hard to tell whether being able to focus on it made the racing chatter better or worse, but he listened regardless.

"I didn't know you were Hedgepaw's friend," he hummed evenly. There was a distant thought that he should check on Hedge's friends more, make sure she was spending time with well-mannered cats, but it was drowned out by the fact she was, apparently, singing his praises to others. Silverhawk bit his tongue to keep the tingling in his throat from expressing itself as a purr. He wasn't sure how he felt about Hedge signing him off to be friends with apprentices he didn't care about... but he could certainly stomach being cool.

Before Silverhawk could respond, Nettlepaw prattled on-- as he was, apparently, best at. This string of sentences took Silverhawk wholly by surprise. He blinked several times, surprise evident on his face and in his bristling hackles before he schooled his expression. Pressing a mild smile back onto his features didn't keep the heat from rising through his fur, though. "Hawkmist is my best friend, yes," Silverhawk answered after a beat. For some reason, using the other tom's name felt strange on his tongue. The possession inherent to his own warrior name made his tail whisk back and forth over the mud. "But special friend? I wouldn't go that far. I don't know where Hedge gets ideas like that." Stars, where did she get ideas like that? Did she even know the implication?

Silverhawk's whiskers twitched and he sighed. He was about to continue, drawling on about every minute of Hawkmist's recent days, until a self-supplied question surfaced. Silverhawk blinked once, twice, then narrowed his eyes. "Tell me you aren't following me around just to ask about Hawkmist. Why don't you go look for him instead of traipsing after me?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 10:12

Nettlepaw shrugged at Silverhawk's answer, slightly disappointed he didn't divulge more information about the warrior. Was he trying to keep him from being friends with Hawkmist? Silverhawk's next question answered the apprentice's query. He seemed more jealous than possessive, not that two didn't walk with tails intertwined. Jealousy rose from ownership, or esteemed ownership of someone or something. Hawkmist was Silverhawk's bestfriend, he wouldn't want Nettlepaw weaseling in there. The same way Nettlepaw wouldn't want the warrior sat across them intruding on his relationship with... Several names came to mind; Batpaw, Orchidpaw and Crabpaw. It was easy to understand his jealousy for Crabpaw -that was his brother! The other two not so much... Perhaps he had two best friends. Whatever the reasoning for his possessiveness of their bond, he didn't want anyone getting between them, not that Silverhawk would do such a thing.

"I would never say no to more friends." drawled Nettlepaw, blinking slowly "But, I'm sitting with you and not Hawkmist. Hedgepaw talked a lot more about you than she did Hawkmist, truly. His name only came up in passing, I specifically did ask her if you'd be my friend." he hoped they would be friends, Hawkmist too eventually, he needed every cat in his corner. Needed more secrets too, he was starting to gather some interesting ones, and he just knew the tom in front of them was brimming with secrets. Most cats were despite their denial, but Nettlepaw would figure all of them out. He'd be ShadowClan's keeper of knowledge some day, a role he'd made up for himself as he was the only one that would ever fit it.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 19:44

Silverhawk

Silverhawk blinked at the apprentice. More friends--pah. As if anyone needed friends in the first place, let alone more of them. To his mild surprise, bitterness rose up in the back of his throat. It was hard to miss how entwined the latest crop of apprentices had become. It made Silverhawk feel sharp all over, like he'd slice any paw that even grazed him, bristling with envy. He didn't have a friend in the world outside of Hawkmist and Bubblebeam. His tail twined through the air before thumping gently against the ground. Why was he suddenly jealous of an apprentice? Silverhawk grit his teeth together and gave his head a brief, clearing shake.

Refocusing, he blinked again and angled his head to the side. No, Nettlepaw made a good point--he wasn't seeking out Hawkmist's company. That was good enough to get Silverhawk to relax, if only somewhat. It was the note about Hedgepaw that convinced him more than anything. "Alright then," he acquiesced with a nod. Silverhawk pushed the mouse closer to Nettlepaw again in offerance for him to eat. His easy smile curled a little higher at the edges, turning wry and fox-like. "Convince me. What makes Nettlepaw a good friend, hmm?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] EmptyFri 19 Apr 2024 - 10:42

Nettlepaw huffed, smiling. Silverhawk was so full of questions and with so many walls too. He was suppose to be the one asking questions and figuring out secrets. Some cats were harder to crack than other, but no matter. No risk, no reward and no movement, no motivation. "You ask me such easy questions, Silverhawk." purred the apprentice, finally taking a bite of the mouse. He couldn't help, but feel it was a trick, but he'd just have to out trick the warrior. Not that it really was a trick... He was certain he was a good friend to all his friends. "But, I counter you with this -what do you look for in a friend?" Nettlepaw swallowed his mouthful.

He let the cat across from him ponder briefly before interjecting. "The answer is me! You want someone that listens, who understands and who wants to know more about your problems. Someone that really cares about you, who'd put you first. I would. I would put you first. I put all my friends first, and I'm an excellent listener." he'd never really had to put any of his friends truly first yet, but he was always thoughtful of them. Like the fresh-kill pile, Orchidpaw liked frogs the most so he never took them unless they were sharing together. Or like when he made sure Cloudpaw was paired up with her crush in their games. Cloudpaw wasn't even his friend and he'd thought of her. "I'm good at remembering stuff too, like all your favourite things. If you told me them right now I swear on ShadowClan," which wasn't swearing on much considering how he felt about his own clan "I would never forget. I don't even mind physical touch either, I play fight my friends all the time, and our nests are super close together. When I'm a warrior... If you would like of course, our nests can be just as close. You'd never be bored either, I have lots of ideas, like the other day Orchidpaw helped me cover myself in mud so the prey couldn't see my white pelt and I was hid better now the snow has melted>" Nettlepaw's eyes crinkled with aluaghter at the story. "So are you sold?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hawk in the night [C]   hawk in the night [C] Empty

Back to top Go down