Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) Empty
PostSubject: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 19:57

OOC: Set directly after this topic!

Hedgepaw couldn't quite recall the time between the owl attack and where she now stood, entering ShadowClan camp. She must have walked, she was sure--she hadn't been carried. She remained stuck to Fernpaw's side like a stubborn burr, but her eyes followed Heatherberry on her way to the medicine den. Medicine cats could heal, right? Hopefully she could make the pain go away. They were back. They were home. Only now was the shock beginning to wear off, gradually easing the tremors that ran through her body. With its disappearance, though, came a resurgence of the pain. The owl's talons hadn't opened wounds that were very wide or serious, but the places they had pierced through her flesh still hurt in a way she'd never had to deal with before. Still, she stayed as close to her brother as she could possibly get, as if his presence could fix everything. It was difficult to remember exactly what had happened between the impact and her arrival, but he'd protected her. She was sure of it. Something scary had tried to eat her and Fernpaw had saved her. Some other cats had been there too--the loners that were visiting, whose names she was sorry to have forgotten--but it was mostly her brother's indignant voice that stuck in her mind.

She had thanked him before, she was sure of it. But still she spoke again, her voice lower from its previously fear-raised pitch. "Thanks, Fern. I was really scared." Her words were half-muffled by her proximity to his gray tabby fur. She just wanted to lay down right here, honestly, and close her eyes and act like it had all been a bad dream. Heatherberry had said something about cobwebs and herbs, though, and so Hedgepaw kept her eyes open and let herself sit down on the soft, marshy grass of camp.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:02

Pineblossom

The scent of blood hit Pineblossom’s nose and her fur bristled. Her head whipped around to see what patrol had been hit and her heart sank when she saw that it was her daughter who was hurt. She wanted to cry out but the words stuck in her throat; instead, she rushed towards Hedgepaw and Fernpaw both. Her eyes looked them both over, but she only saw wounds on her daughter. Another even briefer glance at the others in the patrol that had come in with her indicated no other injuries; perhaps it was not a strong predator, then. She couldn’t imagine Hedgepaw as one who would run off and get into trouble on her own.

“You’re alright,” she said gently to Hedgepaw when her words finally unstuck from her throat. “Come, Heatherberry will help and you can rest. Fernpaw, tell me what happened.” Pineblossom started gently ushering the pair towards the medicine den once again after she had interrupted them.
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4479

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 13:11

It was a good thing that Heatherberry happened to be nearby when the attack happened: an owl grabbing poor little Hedgepaw in its ruthless talons and flying into the sky, stopping its flight only when Virtue had nipped at its legs. After that, no breath was wasted as it was piled on one after the other, its life forfeit the second it had gone after such a young cat. "Come, come. I'll get you fixed right up, don't you worry." She soothed the limping apprentice as best she could, nodding to Pineblossom that all would be okay as the two disappeared behind the curtains that led into the medicine cats den.

Once inside, it was straight to business: dock chewed to a pulp and applied to the gaping wounds to both stop bleeding and prevent future infections. "You and Fernpaw were very brave, you know that? Chew these and swallow. It will ease the pain and get you some rest so you can properly heal." She pushed a leaf full of a few poppy seeds under Hedgepaw's nose, encouraging her to consume them. "You are well loved, Hedgepaw. I hope you know this."

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JGgdMsS i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JGg3TFt i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) J0ieN9e i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JGg3GK7 i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JGg2WjR

i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JcTsSP1  i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JcnAVnI i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) Grub_f10i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 19:36

nightpaw
Nightpaw had just finished changing out the moss in the elder's den when he noticed a patrol arrive. Normally he didn't pay much attention to the comings and goings of the patrols, but something was different this time. He wrinkled his nose as the sharp, distinct tang of blood filled the air, the metallic scent all too familiar to him at such a young age. This wasn't the blood of prey - it was too heavy, too different. His heart dropped. Nightpaw's head jerked toward the thorn tunnel, recognition and dread stopping him cold as he recognized the injured cat. 

Hedgepaw. She'd always been kind to him - he didn't know how to talk to her, but he'd always wanted to be friends. And now she was being carried into camp by her brother, and he couldn't make much sense of what happened or if she was okay or not. Forgetting himself for a moment, the ruddy tom rushed forward, his small shape darting across camp toward the medicine den where Hedgepaw was being taken. She seemed alright - she was upright, anyway - but that didn't matter. She was still hurt. StarClan. He knew it. He knew ShadowClan's territory wasn't safe. Then, a chilling thought; what if an enemy Clan had done this?

"Hedgepaw?" Nightpaw called out, slowing down as he approached the medicine den. He poked his head inside, emerald eyes wide with concern. "Are you okay?"

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 22:00

Fernpaw

logical : independent : curious : reserved

he/him : shadowclan : apprentice

I was really scared too, he immediately thought. But that wasn't what he wanted to say. "You're welcome," were the words he chose instead. "I did what anyone else would have done." Springing to her defense was an action as automatic as breathing. "Others rushed to fight the bird as well. We will remember to thank them after Heatherberry helps you too. So don't sit down just yet, you need to stay awake, and she needs to treat you in her den." The tom nudged her back to her feet, still supporting her weight with his side. "I promise it's comfortable in there too."

Then Fernpaw saw their mother hurry toward them, finally causing him to stop holding his breath. Pineblossom quickly saw the injuries on Hedgepaw's back, voiding the need for him to explain their early return. "You're alright." she said. The words were meant for Hedgepaw, yet granted him a bit of comfort as well. His sister would be given medicine and treatment within the safe walls of camp. His job was done, although her flank separating from his felt slightly alarming. Fernpaw slowly blinked at his sister as she followed Heatherberry into the medicine den. You're alright. I'll be right here.

He turned to Pineblossom and answered her command. "An owl grabbed Hedgepaw with its talons and tried to fly away with her, yet she was quick-thinking and held onto a root until others arrived to fight it. Sunflare killed it, but Steadfast and Virtue's help in battle was equally vital." Fernpaw remembered his own claws ripping into the bird's stomach, and that they were still covered in its blood. "I helped too," he said, raising a paw while smiling perhaps a bit too proudly. He knew logically that the owl was likely just trying to hunt, except that did not matter after he saw it trying to pull away his screaming sister. Fernpaw realized he didn't even think he had just... charged. Without any plan other than instinct. The apprentice's prideful expression fell away. Did he really deserve to be proud of his recklessness? What if the other fighters hadn't been there and he had jumped in without a second of strategic thought? Would he and Hedgepaw come back home with worse injuries? Would they have come back home at all?

Without his vulnerable sister to remain stoic for, Fernpaw felt a previously ignored shakiness return to his legs as he stood before his mother. "Actually," he said, shoving away the tremble at the back of his throat, "I'm just glad we were so lucky. What happened was dangerous. If something like that were to happen again..." The tom's forced his anxious body to steady. His paws flexed as he decided, "I want to be more prepared for it. Can our next training session focus on fighting, please?" I will not let adrenaline control me like that again.

#7b851e | Text, Thoughts, and "Speech." | Born to the Fine Litter | Apprenticed to Pineblossom | art: #xaandiir | base code: #karmaa

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 22:22

As much as Hedgepaw wanted to just lie down and sleep, she knew she couldn't. Several insistent voices kept her conscious and moving forward. Heatherberry first, her authoritative words tempered only by the soothing cadence she affected, offering the promise of relief from the stinging pain in her back. Then the words of Fernpaw, as logical as ever, gently nudging her onward. She didn't want to leave his side, but another sound she couldn't ignore rose above the rest. Pineblossom. Mamma. Mamma. It was hard not to break away and bury her face in her mother's fur, forget that anything had ever happened--but if Mamma told her to go with Heatherberry, then she definitely had to. That combination caused her to nod at both her brother and her mother and follow the one-eyed medicine cat's tail to the medicine den.

She was being strong. She wasn't whimpering in pain or complaining. However, everything felt a little bit... sluggish. As if she were trying to wade through knee-high mud instead of just walking. They made it to the medicine den, though, and Hedgepaw sat down obediently. She'd been quiet this whole time, but she did let out a quiet gasp as the stinging in her back faded with a wet clump of leaves applied to it. The sensation was strange, but a welcome change from the aching. That made it much easier to comply with Heatherberry's instructions and lick up a poppy seed or two from the ground. They tasted strongly floral, and the crunch as they broke beneath her teeth made a fun sound. Hearing that she was brave caused a light spark of warmth to shove its way forward through the waning shock. "Fernpaw was the bravest," she said as she chewed. "But I had a lot of help. The, uh... I forget their names. Cherish's friends. They helped a lot, too. Once they come back I want to thank them." The medicine cat's voice held a gentleness beneath its responsibility as she spoke. Loved, she said. It wasn't something Hedgepaw had ever been given reason to doubt. Of course her family loved her just as much as her little heart burst with love for them. Seeing the proof though, the way that Fernpaw and Pineblossom had flocked to her, did ease what little of the pain had not already been chased away by the combination of poppy and dock. "Yeah," she murmured seriously. "I am. I love them lots, too. I'm glad I have them."

Another voice--one that didn't belong either to family or to authority figure--came from behind her. Hedgepaw turned her head curiously to see a pair of bright, concerned green eyes peering into the medicine den. Nightpaw. One of her friends had come to check up on her, too. Oh... She hadn't thought he would want to approach her, after she'd proved his suspicions right about the safety of the territory. She had been safe, 'cause she'd been with all the warriors and her brother. But she couldn't deny, it felt nice to know that Nightpaw would also push past the fear to see if she was okay. She offered him a warm smile, the first one she'd given since the talons pierced her back. "Hey, Nightpaw. I'm doing all right; it's not that big a deal." And she was telling the truth. It wasn't that big a deal. Her brother and Cherish's friends had saved her. Heatherberry was helping her. She would be perfectly fine. "We got s'prised by an owl, but everyone else fought it off real quick. It was kinda scary but it's all over now, so I'm okay."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 11:35

Pineblossom

Pineblossom watched Hedgepaw hobble into the medicine cat den with Heatherberry and then she turned her attention back to Fernpaw for a report. News of an owl trying to snatch Hedgpaw away made her heart leap, but she kept a steady expression to not alarm her child. It did soften her anxiety to hear Fernpaw praise his fellow patrolmates as he did.

She nodded and leaned down to lick some fur that had gotten messed up during the battle back into place. “Thank you for helping your sister. That sounds frightening, but you all did well. Hedgepaw should be alright. Her injuries didn’t look too terrible—likely thanks to everyone working so swiftly.” Pineblossom stood straight again. “We’ll give Heatherberry some time to treat Hedgepaw’s wounds and then we’ll visit her and see how she’s doing. Thank you for the detailed report, Fern.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 19:00

nightpaw
Nightpaw breathed a sigh of relief, happy to see that Hedgepaw didn't seem too injured. She didn't seem like she was in too much pain, either - unless she was just putting on a brave face. He nodded, his anxieties soothed by the warm smile she offered. Of course, the attack had only proved how dangerous the territory really was. If her patrol mates had reacted just a heartbeat slower, would his friend be dead by now? Would Fernpaw have returned with his sister's corpse? Or worse - with no body at all?

Nightpaw shook out his fur, trying to free himself of his thoughts. Hedgepaw was okay, and that was all that mattered. He padded forward and gently rested his head on hers - a gesture of affection he'd seen between his Clanmates before. "I'm glad you're okay." The dark tom purred softly, more for her benefit than his. Then he padded toward the exit. He should leave her and Heatherberry alone for now. With a shaky voice, he glanced over his shoulder, smiling softly in spite of the situation. "I'll let you get some rest, but I'll visit, I promise!"

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)   i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

i feel scared, and i'm starting to sink (open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: