Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

one teaches, two learn (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 330

one teaches, two learn (c) Empty
PostSubject: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:59 am

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

She had told her new apprentice to come fetch her when she was ready, but by the time she had, Cindersky was not sure she herself was ready. Larkspring and Rookflight seemed to confirm to being a mentor like it was their true calling, seemlessly falling into step and having their apprentice follow suit. Her? Not so much. She still felt too wet behind the ears. She had become a warrior in a place that was not home, and before she could even act on being a warrior, she was nest-ridden with illness. Then wolves and she was too injured during the journey back to their territory to be a warrior, and then the battle-- Her breathing stuttered, and she had to take a deep swallow of air to try and steady her heart again. Creekpaw deserved a good first experience on the territory. She pushed everything aside and replaced it with a faux smile, but hope it would not deter the youngling from learning. If she could teach it.

The forest had a certain chill to it, not too unlike her first foray as an apprentice. She did not avoid the puddles like she used to. She did not even realise she was standing them, really. They dipped into the chilly water and out again, some parts still sludge from the melting snow. There was little of it now, more ice than anything else, but the rain still was frigid. There was little birdsong, that much was different. And she could see her own breath. The burbling of the river was getting louder, and only when the first stone came into view did she realise she was being followed. The short molly flicked and ear and turned her head, blinking as her apprentice seemed black-furred for a second and then gray as she was meant to. She swallowed thickly.

"Are you ready?" Cindersky asked, forcing some kind of confidence into her tone. If she was too afraid, jumpy, uncertain to teach an apprentice, how would they ever feel confident in themselves? She gestured her snout to the river. "The lifeblood of our clan. Tell me what you know of fishing. And don't be afraid if you don't know anything. Tell me what you think you know." Did that sound alright? Her ears were angled back, and she fought to keep her eyes on her apprentice. Be a guardian. Role model. Not a mouse. Not a mouse, Cindersky.

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 7:45 pm

Creekpaw had been awake right with the sun, having awkwardly padded over to her new mentor when she appeared. They were out in the territory before she could flick an ear, and the gray apprentice trotted along slightly behind Cindersky. Her path curved around the numerous puddles and sludge where it could, the water chilly on her paws. In her short life, the young cat had only known the chill of winter. That, though, didn't mean it wasn't uncomfortable to step in cold water.

The young cat jumped slightly, when Cindersky did finally speak, her pawsteps slowing in sync with her mentor's. "Oh what I know?" Creekpaw wandered slightly closer to the river, looking down into it before turning back to her mentor. "Well, I'd guess we have to be quiet. I don't know much more than that, though." Most of the she-cat's prior 'experiments' with hunting as a kit were critters. Bugs and other things unlucky enough to wander into camp. "I mean I suppose we would have to make sure we time fishing the fish out properly." The apprentice slightly cocked her head, looking up to Cindersky curiously. "What else is there? I've gotta make sure I learn it right, yeah?"

one teaches, two learn (c) Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 330

PostSubject: Re: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 5:27 am

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky coiled in front of the young apprentice, moving slightly further downstream and then planting herself there so that the she-cat could not go any further toward the deeper, rapid parts of the river. It was like Perch--... Her heart clenched, and she swallowed.

"Quiet is good," She confirmed. "That is one of the few things you must do on every hunting trip. Silence, stillness, surveillance. When it comes to fishing, stillness and surveillance are the most important. We can whisper, but speak to loud and the fish will feel it in the water."

She crouched by the river, peering into it. At very least, she had experience teaching in fishing. Littlesplash had taken to it like it was second nature. She was sure Creekpaw would do the same. She beckoned with her tail for the young cat to join her.

"Crouch and make yourself as small as you can, put keep your paw out and hooked like this..." She lifted her paw, unsheathing her claws and keeping it poised. "Pay attention to where the sun is, too. A fish will run away... Swim away? Swim away, if it sees your shadow. Wait until it is close, and then hook it out of  the water. Catch it just below the skin with your claws, and toss it behind you."

She waited until Creekpaw had mimicked her, and tipped her nose to certain places to adjust her. Once she was satisfied, she nodded. "Give it a try. I will tell you how you do, and what to try next. Do not worry if you don't catch it first try. Let your instincts guide you."

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm

Crouching beside her mentor, Creekpaw gingerly mimicked the actions of a hunter. The hooked paw, her claws coming unsheathed as she had done when hunting bugs. She was pliant as Cindersky moved her, showing her the best form. She would be perfect, or else she wouldn't learn right and all of this would be for nothing.

With a quick glance to her mentor, the apprentice mentally prepared herself to catch something. Or at the very least, not fall into the river on her first time out. She breathed deeply, and watched the river. Her prey's shadows flitted beneath the surface as they swam past, eyes trying to focus on just one to hook.

Catching the sight of one fish approaching, Creekpaw readied herself. As the shadow passed, she dunked her paw in the water, just barely catching the side of the fish, and hauling it out with shock on her face. Once out and on land, it had immediately unhooked itself and begun flopping wildly, causing the bewildered apprentice to quickly leap onto it. It took her a moment to remember that she should end the fish's life before it escaped, and she sunk her fangs into her captured prey.

Pleased, she dropped her catch before her mentor. "Sorry, it wasn't very graceful." Creekpaw knew it was her first time and all, but she had hoped to not cause quite as much as a spectacle. It was only a tad embarrassing to chase after a fish in front of her mentor.

Creekpaw has caught a fish!

one teaches, two learn (c) Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!

Last edited by Alex on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm

The member 'Alex' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

one teaches, two learn (c) Mistpe10
one teaches, two learn (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one teaches, two learn (c)   one teaches, two learn (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

one teaches, two learn (c)
Page 1 of 1