Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Barricade Of Moss[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

Barricade Of Moss[C] Empty
PostSubject: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 0:04

perfection is found in accepting your imperfections

Ever since she became an elder, life had been... peaceful. Too peaceful. She's wake up at dawn, ready for the day's patrol, then remember where she was. The elder's den was empty, her nest the only warm one. She'd poke her head out of the entrance and watch in silence as the warriors walked off with their apprentices and gather their friends for patrol. And, just before the last patrol left, she'd return to her nest, tired and miserable. She didn't want to be reminded of her new worth-- or lack of it. She'd curl up in her nest, raising her head only when the apprentices approached her with fresh-kill and sticks of mousebile. As if she had lost the ability to even groom herself. At least that meant that she no longer had to take care of herself, and just let the apprentices do it, too tired to even complain when they tugged too quickly or missed a spot. She shouldn't waste too much of their time...

And so she remained, hidden away from the rest of camp, hardly aware of the life that bustled in camp. Until one day, she was awoken, not by an apprentice, but a small patch-furred tabby she-kit, who looked up at her with stars in her eyes.

Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5664

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 13:24

It was night, and while her mother was busy doing leader-y things and the nursery was brimming with noise of all the other kits playing, little Briarkit had managed to slip off by herself. The camp was a large place for a kit to explore, and explore she did, The den she had poked her nose into was mostly unoccupied save for one cat who was curled in a nest. A mix of tortoiseshell and tabby, but very much unlike her own pelt. This must be the clan's elder, Briarkit realized. There were still more cats in all of the other dens, even the medicine den where Heatherberry could often be found with the pungent scent of her herbs. This den didn't smell like that, though, and she hadn't seen this cat around camp much.

She was sleeping though, and Briarkit hesitated to bother her. She was preparing to turn when she was spotted... Apparently the elder hadn't been sleeping after all? Briarkit blinked up at her, feel her pelt prickle in embarrassment. What if she told mom? Would she get in trouble for disturbing the elder even though she hadn't really been a disturbance at all and had been ready to leave?

"I'm sorry," The kit squeaked, "You're... Not going to tell my mom I'm here, are you?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptySat 16 Mar 2024 - 23:49

Her mom... Tawnyshadow blinked, unsure of who the kit was for a heartbeat before she recognised the spotted tabby striped that covered the small she-kit's pelt. One of Leopardstar's new lutter... was that jealousy that rose up in her? Leopardstar could start anew with this litter, surely that was a good thing? "I won't tell your mother," She agreed softly, beckoning the she-kit forward. Her voice was soft from lack of use, and she shifted self-conciously in her nest. Her shoulders ached, though she couldn't tell if it was from the still-healing wound of the awkward position that they had been in for more thna a day. "Why were you avoiding your mother?" She prompted, head tilted to the side as she regarded the small kit.

Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 14:11

Briarkit stepped forward on still somewhat clumsy paws as she was beckoned, relieved that the she-cat wouldn't tell on her. The elder's question took her by surprise, and she responded, "Oh, I just wanted to explore camp... She's so busy and the nursery is so crowded. I made it across camp without anyone seeing me!" Or, she thought she did at least. With her luck one of the queens or another kit would burst into the den looking for her.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 9:14

Of course Leopardstar was busy. As Tawnyshadow had remained when she had her own litter. Busy. With warrior duties, and patrols, everything but her kits. After Leopardstar lost so much, the elder had no idea how the molly held herself back from coddling her new litter every heartbeat of every moment, but perhaps, to Leopardstar, ShadowClan would always come first. "The next time you want to explore camp, just ask me, and I'll bring you around. Your mother wouldn't object if I was around-- if you do decide to tell her, that is," She offered the small kit with a smile. She honestly didn't know what Leopardstar would say, nor did she care much at this point. "Now, since you're here, how about you tell me about yourself? What do you want to be when you grow up? The best hunter in all the Clans? The deputy? Or perhaps a medicine cat?"

Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 16:57

The older she-cat offered to take her exploring if Briarkit went to her when Leopardstar was busy... A soft trill of excitement escaped the young kit at that. An offer that she would definitely be taking her up on... Poor Tawnyshadow had no clue what she'd just signed up for.

What she wanted to be when she grew up... Hmm. Briarkit had given it some thought, actually. Medicine cats were important to the clan, but they also... Smelled. Heatherberry seemed nice enough from what the kit knew, but it must be terribly tiring to be in that den and be around blood and illness every day. A warrior... Yes, she'd like to be that. Less responsibility than Sablestrike or Leopardstar... And she'd be a good hunter, she was sure of it!

"I'll be the best hunter Shadowclan has ever seen!" She vowed, "...If Sablestrike ever makes me an apprentice." She added in an impatient huff. "You were a warrior, weren't you? What was it like?" She asked, tail flicking back and forth as she settled down a bit.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 8:49

Briarkit's excitement was adorable, and she couldn't help but smile as she purred in agreement, "I'm sure you'll be the best hunter in all the Clans!" She huffed at the mention of Sablestrike making the she-kit an apprentice. Stars, she remembered when she was a kit; it had seemed like a lifetime away that Leopardstar, then Leopardsun, would make her an apprentice. And look where she was now. "Don't you worry, little one. I'm sure your time will come soon. And if it doesn't, I'll give Sablestrike a nudge or two," She assured the kit, adding the last part playfully. But on a more serious note... Sablestrike would be hearing from her if he waited too long for an apprentice's ceremony.

"How was being a warrior like... well, it was a honorable title, thats for sure. I valued my duties very much, and I certainly wish I could still do them. It got difficult at times, but that's just life, and at the end of the day... I made a couple good friends too, some of who are waiting for me in StarClan now," Her gaze softened as she recalled Moondancer and Sagestone. She's always remember her first two friends, the cats who had been by her side throughout her apprenticehood. If only they could still be here... her heart ached. The day she stepped into StarClan... she'd have a lot of cats to meet again.

Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 12:20

"I'm going to try!" Briarkit vowed. Of course, she needed to become an apprentice first. But that wouldn't stop her from practicing on leaves and the tails of unsuspecting cats for now.

The elder went on to speak about being a warrior, and it was plain to see that she had Briarkit's full attention. "Fighting in battles sounds like it would be real tough!" She mewed, "But you were obviously a good warrior if you're here, right?" She tipped her head curiously at the mention of friends in Starclan, "Papa's in Starclan too, right? Along with your friends?" If they were there, they couldn't have been bad cats, at least. And nobody in their clan was bad, Briarkit thought.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 5:20

"Oh, I was an amazing warrior. Killed a fox all by myself too," Tawnyshadow purred. Where had she left that musty old pelt anyway? It was probably at the back of the elder's den. She paused for a heartbeat at the mention of Echomist, but quickly got ever it. "Yes, your father's in StarClan, and one day you'll meet him too," She confirmed. How much had Leopardstar told her kits about Echomist anyway? "You'll have to work hard to be as great a warrior as he was," She suddenly added. Echomist had been much older than her, and from what she recalled, twice as strong. It was a pity that ShadowClan had lost such a respectable warrior.

PostSubject: Re: Barricade Of Moss[C]   Barricade Of Moss[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Barricade Of Moss[C]
Page 1 of 1