Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

somewhat acquainted [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

somewhat acquainted [c] Empty
PostSubject: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 13:15

ooc: herb hunt chances!
1 - no herbs found, water hemlock, or foxglove seeds
2/3 - Alder Bark, Chickweed, Cobnuts, Cobwebs, Fennel, Poppy Seeds
4/5 - Camomile, Coneflower, Daisy Leaf, Dandelion
6 - Comfrey Root, Coltsfoot, Dock

Littlesplash would not have wanted to venture outside of the camp alone even if he was allowed. Between the sting of healing teeth marks and memories of smoldering Skyclan eyes, the gray and white tom had resigned himself to staying near camp and never straying too far. But his position maintained a very important duty that couldn't be accomplished inside the safe walls of his den... collecting the necessary herbs to heal his clanmates.

Of course Riverclan leadership wanted a strong warrior to accompany him and Larkspring fit perfectly. One day of herb hunting wouldn't take the warrior away from mentor duties when the clan's elders and queens always needed the helping paws of apprentices. He shuffled his paws uncomfortably knowing that either way the warrior likely wouldn't be too thrilled by the assignment but he was grateful for the help either way.

As they padded towards the Broken Pools, the medicine cat softly explained what he needed from Larkspring, "Our herbs are running low so I need... a lot. Anything you find, let me know and I will tell you what it is and how to collect it." He paused to glance up at the black and white furred tom, "Make sure to look around. Plants are still trying to hide from the morning frost but there should be plenty here. Sandyshell told me."

With his gaze flickering to the sky in memory of the late medicine cat, he pulled away to start his own search, and ro give Larkspring some space.

somewhat acquainted [c] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 13:53

Larkspring

Larkspring was still mildly distracted as he walked with Littlesplash through the territory. He knew that Cindersky probably hated not being able to come out with Littlesplash, and knowing that made his stomach twist with…anger but also something else. He was always poor at identifying his own emotions, but they have been especially elusive lately.

He glanced at Littlesplash and nodded. He stood a little straighter and began moving around to search for herbs, though he kept Littlesplash in his view. It was unlikely that there would be rogues about, but they had been coming onto the territory more. With how skittish Littlesplash was, Larkspring didn’t want to make him feel too alone.

After sniffing around through the half-melted snow, he came upon some small yellow flowers that had sprouted against some stone which helped shield it from getting covered in snow. He looked over at his medicine cat. “Found something. It’s yellow.” Larkspring knew nothing at all about herbs; he just took what he was given when he needed them, and that was all he needed to know.

Larkspring found Dandelion.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • He/Him • 60 | 140 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 13:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 13:53

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

somewhat acquainted [c] Mistpe10
somewhat acquainted [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:44

While Larkspring was busy rooting about in search of herbs, Littlesplash had specific ones echoing in the back of his mind. Most of the herbs he gathered were specific to the clan's needs rather than just a general stock of the most commonly used. Rowansong would need comfrey, and chamomile for Duckpaw. What else? Nosing about in a rather dense patch of reeds and wet grass, the medicine cat found a patch of daisy huddled against the cold. Warm currents had promoted growth but with the early morning chill and their hidden location, it would take the intense sunlight of sun high to stir them from slumber. Even so, all he needed now were the leaves. Gingerly setting to work with his claws and teeth, several delicate leaves were stripped away and collected in a small pile.

"Thank you, little plant. Grow strong and healthy." Littlesplash dipped his head to the daisies. The warrior's voice cause his head to poke up from the foliage. Quickly tucking the herbs into his hare pelt, the medicine cat turned to see what Larkspring had identified. To his surprise, it was one of the things he'd been looking for. Looking up at Larkspring with bright eyes, he confirmed, "Dandelion. The leaves are great for easing pain. Flowers we won't really need for a while but... I'm sure Cindersky would like one." The words were mostly a thought said aloud to himself but as he spoke, he glanced up at the other tom. Maybe Larkspring would like to bring her one back.

Last edited by Ripped on Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 9:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 8:44

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

somewhat acquainted [c] Mistpe10
somewhat acquainted [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 16:53

Larkspring

Larkspring’s ear flicked and his eyes glanced back down at the flower he’d found. “Do you think she would?” he asked. He had not considered it, really. Cindersky had gifted him goose feathers once. (Feathers which he still kept tucked into the reeds of his nest where they were hidden safely.) Maybe she would appreciate a flower…The yellow would suit her nicely if she wore it over her ear or in her fur. The thought made his pelt heat and he blinked a few times. He said, “I suppose it would cheer her spirits.” So he leaned down and plucked the flower stem from the ground. He kept it in his teeth but said, “You can claim the leaves before it’s given to her.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 14:36

Littlesplash nodded slowly, surprised by the tom's question rather than a retort. It was uncharacteristic for the stoic warrior whose disdain towards the medicine cat had been rather apparent since kithood. Cindersky's fondness for the gray and white patched tom seemed to have eased Larkspring's direct resentment overtime, probably out of respect for her rather than Littlesplash himself. He ducked his head slightly at the idea. Ever since he was young, he'd done his best to stay out of the warrior's way, trying not to pester him with silly ideas or futile attempts at cheer.

But there was something notably different about Larkspring. He'd noticed it overtime, especially at the mention of Littlesplash's dearest companion. A moment of curious bravery overtook the small statured tom as he tipped his head to the side, "You know... she feels the same way about you, too." The words were soft, hesitant, and his maw snapped shut as quickly as they left his tongue. It wasn't his place to pry or to speak on behalf of the she-cat but it was obvious to him, and surely every other cat in the clan, with the exception of the pair themselves. His eyes squeezed shut, preparing for a tongue lashing in response.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 14:38

Larkspring

The words hit Larkspring’s ears like a swift kick to his tail. His eyes widened and he cried, ”What?!” The flower fell from his loose jaws and he scrambled to catch it and delicately set it aside so it would not be tarnished. His attention was immediately on Littlesplash again. “What fool do you take me for? Kittish pranks are quite unbecoming of a medicine cat and if you try it again I’ll clap you on your ears!” Code that forbid violence against medicine cats or not, Larkspring felt such a heat running through his veins that his instincts begged him to swipe at Littlesplash anyway. He swallowed down the feeling. “We are friends. I’m lucky enough to have her as that much. Whatever you are implying, I do not appreciate it.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 17:32

Larkspring's shocked cry caused him to jump back a pace with his fur on end. Littlesplash's heart thudded as he stared up at the dark-furred warrior with fear shining in his mismatched grey and green gaze. Despite the sheer surprise of the whole circumstance, he did not miss the way that the tom made sure to gingerly place the dandelion out of harm's way. Bile rose in his throat at the way their shared moment of tentative peace was so quickly fractured by an attempt to help push the warrior closer to Cindersky. It hadn't been his place to say anything; it was a foolish mistake.

"I'm sorry I-" The medicine cat stumbled over his own words as they stuck on his tongue, throat impossibly dry. When the rest of the sentence felt from his maw it was little more than a crackling whisper, "..it wasn't a prank. I wouldn't.." Littlesplash tried to gathering his shaking limbs underneath him as he pulled away from his clanmate. There was nothing that he could say to make Larkspring like him, no matter how he tried. Silently, he apologized to Cindersky. Somehow this was his fault. Hopefully it wouldn't create a rift in the she-cat relationship with Larkspring. His ears fell back and he turned away with his tail dragging.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 10:44

Larkspring

Larkspring huffed, seemingly unaffected by Littlesplash’s frantic reaction. He looked away from the medicine cat and looked back at the flower lying in the grass. There was simply no way that Cindersky could feel…however Littlesplash was implying. They were friends. That was a lucky chance considering how bad of a cat Larkspring acted when they were younger. Cindersky was a kind cat, dn one who deserved…Who deserved a better cat than he was able to be.

He sighed and shook out his pelt, releasing the tightness that had wound up under his skin. He looked back at Littlesplash, not apologetic, but not as hostile anymore. “Do you need more herbs? I can look again.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] EmptyFri 19 Apr 2024 - 19:08

A flash of sorrow gripped the young tom's pelt. As Cindersky had grown closer to the warrior over the moons, Littlesplash had found himself turning away from the simple resignation that Larkspring didn't enjoy his company and sought some level of approval due to their consistently shared space. Despite the lack of malice lining the warrior's words as he asked about herbs, the grey and white patched tabby's ears fell back slightly. Dismayed by the reaction and what he had foolishly hoped to be some level of friendly gesture, his paws were too heavy to continue on with a hunt. Without a flick of his tail or a glance back at Larkspring, he silently collected the stray leaves and stems before meowing quietly, "I'm okay. Thanks, though."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: somewhat acquainted [c]   somewhat acquainted [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

somewhat acquainted [c]