Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Gone Fishing [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 16:42

Louse hadn't meant to be such a recluse, but adjustment was hard. So many new cats, all more annoying than the last to figure out. He just wanted to keep everyone happy with him, he was on his best behaviour now that father had brought them to a more permanent home. He'd actually chomped down on his rude outbursts, opting to say nothing instead. His claws too, he'd worked on getting that under control, which was a lot harder said than done. In the short time in camp he'd learnt that claws were a sign of violence and aggression, he was just annoyed! He just needed to feel the ground being torn up between his paws in those moments, it was his way to destress. If only the big cats that hung out here saw it his way. The tom kit let out a huff of annoyance, claws sliding out. "No! Bad claws!" he snapped, quickly retracting them. Being nice wasn't easy, there were so many rules. Tired from his skulking, Louse sank on to his belly in a flop, amber eyes blinking.

Wasn't there anyone who could help him be nice? Help him to keep his soggy pelt intact instead of evoking hisses from his neighbours? Louse let out a whimper, who knew the hardest thing about being alive was the formalities of being good natured. If he practiced enough it would come naturally he hoped, but for now it was all just an exertion. His energy could be spent elsewhere. Louse rolled over onto his back, paws waving in the air, as he swatted at invisible foes. Through the flurry of swipes though he manged to make out the form of one of his siblings. "Fish!" he yelled, perhaps his brother knew how to be well behaved. He certainly seemed nicer than Louse, even if he complained more. "Can you help me with something?" he mewed bounding towards him.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Gone Fishing [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 17:12

"Left foot in the dark 'cause I'm sunnyside up!"
Fish
T1 Rogue | Rogue | he/him

The sound of snapping wasn't an unfamiliar sound by this point. Still, it drew Fish's attention regardless, if for no reason other than it came from one of his brothers. Turning, he blinked curiously at Louse's display of spitting and stretching out over the frozen ground. Louse was noticeably less harsh than he had been since their long journey to new-home. He never seemed happy with having to behave, though, like he was uncomfortable under his own pelt. Fish understood; his skin felt wrong, too, even though his brand of misbehaving was a lot different than Louse's.

Through the squirming and flailing of paws, Louse tipped his head back just enough for the locking of eyes. There wasn't much time to wonder whether the light tortoiseshell would acknowledge his presence before Louse was flipping back onto his paws and calling out. Fish sat straighter and inclined his head, curious as to what disrupted the moment of distress. Louse wanted... help? Louse wanted his help? Fish blinked exactly twice and tilted his head further. "Help?" He echoed to make sure Louse understood the emphasis in his surprised eyes. After only a moment, the shock cleared from his expression and Fish gave a wide, curled smile. "Yeah, I can help." he said warmly. "I don't know what you need help with, but I know I can. What's up?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive  | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 14:28; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 21:25

Louse's amber eyes lit up. "Excellent!" he purred, falling into step with Fish. His brother always seemed so confused and unsure, almost weary of his brother. It was misplaced, Louse wouldn't hurt him, not when Fish could be useful to him The tom's tail swished behind him stirring up the dirt. "Okay so I'm a little unsure on how to fit in, and you seem to kind of have the hang of it." he admitted. Fish seemed certain he could help Louse, which was appreciated, it was good to have allies, even if Fish was only his brother. "There's so many rules here, and everyone likes father - which I don't get. Maybe he's only nice to adults or something." The calico sat down scratching his ear "Also! Father doesn't even follow the rules, so I really don't get it. I just don't want anyone to be mad at me! I'm trying really hard to not get into trouble, haven't you noticed?"

Gone Fishing [c] Giphy

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 15:55

Fish

Louse's purr earned a warm squint in return. It felt good, being needed for something, and it made Fish's tail twitch happily behind him. The expression of joy was wiped clean in an instant, though, replaced again by clear surprise. That his help was wanted was enough of a surprise, but Louse wanted-- Louse wanted help fitting in? Fish couldn't suppress the fluttery laugh that answered his brother's request. Listening to Louse explain further just pulled another and yet another snicker. Maybe he'd been wrong-- maybe he couldn't help. He certainly couldn't help himself with the very same problems. Fish felt his fur itching whenever he spoke, waiting to see if he would do it all wrong somehow.

"I've noticed," he answered just for the sake of hurrying into, "You feel like that, too?!" The wariness had left Fish's eyes, the pools of green now bright with pursuant interest. "I get in trouble, too! Because I've got a 'smart mouth', whatever that means... and I whine too much, and no one listens to me." It was Fish's turn to draw tiny lines through the hard earth. At the sensation, he came to a realization. "Well, I don't use my claws like you do-- but pfft, who cares?!" Fish blew out his cheeks and shot his attention off to the side. "You don't hurt anyone with them, do you? So what's it matter? And what's it matter when I throw a-- what'd he... a tantrum?" He snorted and stamped his paw for emphasis, glowering at a hunk of stone for a moment longer before slowly turning back to Louse.

"No one here follows any of the rules we have. And everyone just invents new ones! It's too hard to keep up with." The burning in Fish's eyes dimmed slightly as they traveled back to his paws, unable to remain fixed on one place. "Tch. Maybe we'll just never get it right. Maybe someone will always be mad at us." His eyes remained cast down, studying the little rivets he'd put in the frozen earth. After a moment of quiet, Fish sighed and looked up. When he did so, there was a cheeky smile waiting for Louse on his muzzle. "But I've noticed! I have. I think you're good-- better. And if you think I'm fitting in, then I've gotta be right, right? Do you think everyone else is just kinda... wrong? About everything?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 20:12

Fish's remark earned a happy whisker twitch from his brother. So someone had noticed his efforts! It seemed it seemed both siblings were in the same river monster, afloat on a sea of rules with no means of navigation. It was comforting, and also infuriating. Why should kittens be held to such standard anyways? Louse felt like nuisance, and while he was one, this was different. Everything he did felt so calculated, unnatural, but he was determined to master the ins and outs of the unspoken rules. His amber eyes slid to his brother, and the lines he drew in the hard dirt. "I think your "smart mouth" is funny, and you're right. Those idiots probably deserve whatever you said." His tail swirled the dirt up, a cloud of dust billowing out behind the two toms. A small giggle was drawn from Louse at his brother's enactment of his tantrums. "I've seen them." he mewed, eyes crinkling.

Speaking with Fish was good, though he wasn't sure his brother had actually helped him. If anything, the tortoiseshell seemed to want to encourage Louse down his path. Maybe he was right, why did he have to change? Who even decided these other cats knew anything? They all just congregated here, claiming to be some semblance of a  family, but if Louse was honest he felt very little for any of these cats. His siblings he did at least like and care about, they kept him entertained and now was an example of the good company they served. His paws flexed idly, as Fish continued to speak, everything his brother said further aiding to the calico's odd pattern of thinking. A smile grew on his maw, matching Fish's "Then maybe we should stop trying?" he purred raising an eyebrow, but he quickly shook his head. "Maybe not, I don't want our efforts to be for nothing. But then again..." The tom kitten's internal battle becoming more external as he spoke. "...This is our father's home, they should listen to us! We own this place, why don't they follow our rules? I know!" Louse jumped to his paws, ears perked and pelt fluffed "We should make our own rules, see how they like that!"

Gone Fishing [c] Giphy

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 14:25

Fish

His brother's praise got Fish to sit straighter in an instant. "Really?" He breathed. His eyes shone with disbelieving awe, but all it took was one second for him to decide Louse was right. Fish never said anything he didn't mean, or anything that wasn't objectively correct. Yeah-- everyone else was an idiot! Even his siblings sometimes, but it was okay when they were. Fish liked them all just the same-- and Louse wasn't, at any rate. He was the same kind of smart, and he was laughing and smiling (even if one of those laughs were toward the mention of tantrums). Fish's smile got wider as he watched Louse jump up to his paws, suddenly excited.

"Yeah... yeah!" he agreed. "No one's gonna listen to 'em anyway, but..." Fish hopped up to mirror his brother, "I think you're right! We should make our own rules." This was so exciting. His own rules? He had plenty of rules! Rules that only existed in his own head, only for himself, stacked upon the rules given by their elders. Now he could share them, maybe even get someone to go along with them! To go along with the way he thought instead of forcing the opposite. This was why his siblings were forgiven for any idiocy, and why Louse was absolved of any idiocy at all. "They're not going to change for us, so why do we need to change for them, right?"

Nudging Louse, the smaller brother started to pad away just for the sake of keeping his paws busy while they talked. "Where should we start?" He hummed. "I think we should tell everyone to be more-- I dunno. Honest? No... direct." Fish nodded decisively and looked to Louse again, smiling still. "More direct. No one ever says what they mean! Have you noticed that? Even Pop lies. Not me, though." He puffed his chest out, looking overly-proud for a moment until his fur smoothed again. "I bet we could fix half our problems if everyone talked like us. No one gets to say 'excuses' anymore, either! It's always an excuse to them, never a reason. And all the big cats have to earn our res- respect now. No... no... expecting it!"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 7:28

Everything his brother said made fish more and more giddy. At first he remained still, paws flexing and unflexing as he buzzed, nodding along with Fish's words. As fish ranted more, Louse found himself subconsciously following the tom's lead, pacing back and forth with him, tail raised high. "Look how quickly we solved this by being direct, are the others stupid? Lying makes things so complicated, especially when you don't get anything out of it." he mewed, amber eyes sliding to Fish "What about if I had a prank could I lie or keep a secret then? Oh! And the cats that don't live here I think we can fib to them, they're not us so they don't need the truth. We can pull loads of pranks on them." A brief frown crossed Louse's maw "All the adults say they're mean, and rude so they probably deserve it. I heard they don't like anyone coming near their camp, but that's not fair. They come snooping pretty close round here. It's not fun when we can't adventure wherever we want."

He hoped that if he did meet a clan cat they wouldn't chase him out immediately, it would be interesting to have new playmates... New entertainment, and no one here liked the clan cats so he could pull whatever pranks he wanted on them. Or at least that's what it sounded like to Louse. The rising of Fish's voice drew the rogue from his scheming. "Yep, and yep! When father does something wrong he has a reason, but if its us it's an excuse. Well, we have a reason for everything we do. Also an idea, if the big ones think they deserve our respect then I think we need it back too. I hate that they treat us like kittens that are still blind and deaf. It feels like we can see and hear better than all of them."

Gone Fishing [c] Giphy

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 17:41

Fish

Fish's grin could only get wider. "Yeah-- they're idiots!" He agreed with a bubbly laugh. "Everyone else are the dumb kits. Not us." He thought to knock against his brother's shoulder in a display of warmth, but Louse's next words halted the gesture. Fish met the eyes sliding toward him and slowly blinked back. A hot feeling crept up the back of his throat, and his ears tilted back. Louse was just trying to skirt the rules-- the ones he'd just agreed to, even! Whiskers twitching, Fish drawled out, "Uhhhmm... hmm. No. Pranks aren't any fun, anyway." He almost went on to lament how awful it felt to always be behind on the joke, but Fish couldn't manage the words. The warmth of kinship still touched his pads, but the cold ground was seeping it away. Louse had understood him, just a moment ago, so why did he twist the other way now? Fish's stomach turned. He swallowed and decided not to comment.

Louse almost--almost--understood everything perfectly! He'd come so close. Fish felt a wash of disappointment hit him, but he did his best to shake it off his pelt. Louse had his attention again anyway, ears slowly turning back around. The talk of Clan cats did intrigue him, and even if it was with some reluctance, he felt beckoned by Louse's continuance. "I like that," Fish said with a round of nods. Again, Louse made him pause and blink, summoning another tug in his chest. FIsh couldn't tell if the feeling was pain or relief. That they could see or hear better than them... Louse spoke the very words that ran through him! And yet...

Fish shook his head again. Why was he so hung up on it? Louse hadn't done anything wrong. What did it matter? Why did it matter? "You're right, we can! I like that, too." A brief purr underlined the words. Then, Fish cleared his throat and angled his head to look at his brother a little closer. There was something pensive, almost serious, in his eyes; creeping into the rest of his expression, as well. "Let's revisit my point, though," he said, flatter than before. "Follow-up question time! ...you really wanted my help, right? This isn't a joke? You won't laugh at me later?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 6:10

Louse's smile was quick to fall. Was fish crazy? Pranks were the best! He stood there for a moment in shocked silence, mouth hanging open. Were they even related? Everyone else in their family loved pranks, even Maggot, and she wasn't even related to them. Finally coming to his senses, Louse shook his head. "You're just pranking me that you don't like pranks, good one!" But there was a look on his brother's face like he was going to be sick all over his paws, maybe he wasn't pranking. His peace of mind was ruined again, this wouldn't do. A heavy sinking feeling settling in his stomach, he had been enjoying getting along with Fish. Maybe he wouldn't push it anymore, no pranks for Fish, but everyone else. And he could still still surprise his brother, surprises were nice. It wasn't that bad really, Fish was just one less victim of his pranks. Louse could cope. "Okay. I won't prank you."

Fish was perking back up again anyways, so he wasn't a complete downer anyway. "Yay! They're so dumb I hear, we can do so many pranks on them, like... Like..." he stammered trying to find the words, there were so many possibilities "Oh, I don't know, but there's a lot!" Louse flexed his claws excitedly, doing a little dance on his tip toes. However the sudden intrusion of Fish's face in his had him toppling over. He looked kind of stern too, which was weird compared to the previous mood. Had he said something wrong? Louse had agreed with him, and maybe tried to bend the rules a little, but he'd still come round eventually.

His brother's question took him by surprise as well. Louse wouldn't have admitted he need help unless he really did, it was embarrassing to be unsure, or the grown ups made him feel silly for not understanding why he should be more well behaved. His ears fell flat against his head, tail curling tightly around his paws, suddenly cold. "I really do need your help, Fish." he admitted, amber gaze on the ground avoiding his brother's own intense eyes. He wouldn't laugh at Fish not when they'd been thinking so similarly just before, then he would have been laughing at himself. That was silly. "I won't laugh at you, swears." He nodded firmly, hopping to reassure Fish a little, he didn't want him to be mad at him. He just didn't understand at all. "Are you mad at me, I thought I was behaving?"

Gone Fishing [c] Giphy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gone Fishing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing [c]   Gone Fishing [c] Empty

Back to top Go down