Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Flight Feathers [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

Flight Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:34 pm

Galestorm

Galestorm had woken with a start from his nest in the warrior's den. His heart was pounding, his mind reeling. What was that? Something seemed to be looming over his thoughts, something... eerie. He looked about him, and noted that he hadn't woken any cat. He sat up in his nest as his heart slowed, clawing at the fading memory of whatever had been haunting his dreams. His eyes instinctively found Cloudypetal's sleeping form, her nest arranged not far from his. Her flank rose and fell rhythmically with sleep. Galestorm took a deep breath. He was certain his dream must have involved his sister, but he couldn't remember anything but the overwhelming feeling of some impending destruction.

I have to get some fresh air, he decided, and swifty, but quietly, exited the warrior's den.

As he emerged into the WindClan camp, Galestorm felt a flood of memories of his lake home, now far behind them. He had helped repair this camp - WindClan's original, rightful home - but it wouldn't be the same as the land of his upbringing, where he had been born, where he had spent so many days with his sister as kits, and where Goldengale had mentored him. I will make new memories here, too, he reminded himself. I have an apprentice now, after all. The thought sent a wave of adrenaline throughout Galestorm, his paws suddenly tingling with anticipation as he looked up at the sky. The moon was beginning to set, and the pale light of dawn would soon begin to creep across the sky. The dawn patrol will be waking soon, and so will Pipitpaw.

He had instructed his new apprentice to meet him at first light by the camp entrance, similar to his own first day of apprenticeship with Goldengale. I hope Pipitpaw found a good spot for a comfortable nest in the apprentice's den, he thought, and made some new friends. It seemed as though WindClan was full of apprentices these days. The clan was certainly healing since the famine that had sent them on their perilous journey through the mountains, and the illness that had descended so viciously upon all cats from all clans. WindClan is strong now, and I get to help make it stronger through my mentorship. Galestorm looked again at the dimming warriors of Silverpelt and felt his pelt warm. Hailstorm, Goldengale, Sageleaf, I hope you are proud of me, and how far your clan has come, he prayed, eyes closed as a cold leafbare breeze stirred his whiskers.

Galestorm padded slowly around the camp, taking in all of the hard work the clan had dedicated into rebuilding their former home. He circled the entire camp, deep in thought, by the time he stopped at the gorse tunnel that served as the passageway out of camp. There he sat, tucking his tail neatly over his paws, and waited patiently, his ears pricked to pick up the faint murmurs of warriors in camp waking for duty.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 3:38 pm

It had been an understandably fitful night of rest for the apprentice. Whatever relief should have been provided to her by sleep was overridden by the adrenaline that coursed through her. Larchpaw had taken considerable time to tell her of all what she could expect during training, and it had done little to allow her anything resembling sleep. Still, when it came time for first light, she rose and found her way to the entrance of camp, just as she had been instructed. Her pelt had been groomed to be prim and proper, as always, and her tail-tip twitched with enthusiasm.

Reigning in some of that excitement, though, Pipitpaw dipped her head to her mentor. "I hope I am not late," She mewed, having hoped to beat the tom here to make herself look good. Even then, she wasn't that late--but she didn't want her mentor to think poorly of her so quicky.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:01 pm

Galestorm

Galestorm was pleased when he saw the small, dainty shape of his approaching apprentice among the pale dawn light. She looked pristine as she always did, and as polite as usual. Galestorm couldn't be more pleased to have such an apprentice.

He greeted Pipitpaw with a friendly blink. "Quite on time, actually," he mewed. "I would expect no less." With that, he rose to his paws and arched his back in a stretch. "Alright then, let's get going." Galestorm led the way through the gorse barrier, out onto the open moor. The sun shone in his amber eyes and the tom squinted against its rays.

"We'll start with the territory borders," he decided as Pipitpaw matched his stride. He padded side-by-side his apprentice rather than in front of her. As he spoke, he cast glances at the young she-cat. "We will visit some notable locations along the way. You know," he explained, tail twitching, "I wasn't born and raised in this land, like you. But I am still fairly familiar with the lay of the land. All I ask is that you don't rush ahead. Stay near me, or within my sight, just in case."

As the two traveled on, making their way between tussocks and heather bushes, snow crunching underpaw, Galestorm truly felt the seriousness of the responsibility of being a mentor. This apprentice was under his watch, and he silently vowed that he would never let anything bad happen to her, and that he would help her become the noble WindClan warrior she was born to be.

"Now, Pipitpaw," he began, an edge to his deep voice, "Can you tell me what you know about the warrior code?" While they traveled towards the RiverClan border, he might as well make the conversation productive.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm

Phew. Phew. She was exactly on time. Feeling her pride bolster a little bit at that, the tail that had momentarily curled around her paws unfurled to once more allow her to stand up straight. There was no need to delay, and she followed, matching her stride so her front limbs would always match at her mentor's flank. It was easy enough to be able to both be heard and hear him from this position, while giving plenty of time to react should he have to halt her. It was safe. She didn't want to dirty her white pelt... at least, she wanted to dirty it as little as possible. "Yes, of course, sir." She purred in affirmation to the instructions to not charge ahead.

"Were... you born out beyond Highstones? I think mother once mentioned a large lake." Though she didn't want to think about her mother in the slightest, it was still a genuine question. That curiosity was pushed aside, though, as her mentor prompted her.

"It's our way of life, first and foremost. We have established a Code to follow so cats know how to behave, because in a world of no rules, it's much more likely that others will do hard." A certainly recited response, if her tone was any indication. Something her mother had drilled into her since day one. "The leader's word is law, and it is also in the Code that it says we are to help all kits in need, and that a kit can become an apprentice at six moons old. The Code also is where all the Clans can meet during the... uh... something to do with the moon--in peace." Her ears felt hot as she couldn't quite remember the detail, and the molly fell back a few paces as she ducked her head in immediate realization to her mistake. "I think it's the new moon! No, wait. The full moon!" Quick to correct her mistake, she still stayed farther back. Out of the way of her mentor's paw, just in case he would strike across her ears as her mother always did.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 11:37 am

Galestorm

Galestorm's whiskers twitched with Pipitpaw's... formality. He had not known any other cat to act such a way, and being called sir felt strange to him. "You know," he purred, "You don't have to be so formal. You can just call me Galestorm, if you want to," he added, "not that I mind. I'm just not used to it is all."

As they traveled, Pipitpaw's question sent him back to the lake.
"Yes, I was born at the Southern Lake," he told her. "So was my sister, Cloudypetal, but there aren't many warriors in WindClan that can claim the same." Memories flooded his mind and he closed his eyes momentarily, savoring them. "Our father, Hailstorm, died on the journey to the lake. The clans fled from the forest due to famine and bitter cold, temporarily settling by the lake, where Morningmoon kitted us. We weren't able to stay for long, though, because of the wolves that attacked our camps and drove us back over the mountains." Galestorm winced as he recalled Goldengale's bravery, resulting in her loss. "My mentor, Goldengale, was the bravest cat I've ever met. She helped fight the vicious wolves while the rest of us escaped. She died a true warrior's death."

As they padded on, Galestorm took a deep breath. "It was strange to leave the lake, but the moor feels so much more like home now," he admitted. "It's where WindClan belongs. It's perfect here." He paused momentarily, his eyes hesitating on his apprentice. "You are lucky to have born here, Pipitpaw." He shook his head. "Enough reminiscing for now, though," he meowed. "Today is all about you." Even so, it is nice to be able to talk about the lake, Galestorm thought fondly.

The warrior listened at his apprentice's answers about the warrior code. She certainly knows much more than most apprentices could claim, at her age, he considered, impressed. He nodded along.
"Very correct," he encouraged her. "Without the code, the five clans would fall apart. Cats who stray from the Code risk falling down the wrong path." His mind flickered to Cloudypetal's face, and he shook away the thought. She's better now, and I'm proud of her. "It is your job to embody the Code and lead by example, so the generations of cats after you can learn from the best."

His whiskers twitched as Pipitpaw struggled to recall the full moon. Still, not bad for a fledgling, he mused. He lightly touched her pelt with the tip of his tail, his amber eyes shining with encouragement and pride.

"Don't worry - yes, it's the full moon. That's when the clans all gather at Fourtrees for a night of truce. The leaders all gather together on top of the great rock and share news about their clans." He paused as she lagged behind a little and he gave her a curious look. "You are doing great for one who just became an apprentice," he affirmed. "Come on, we've arrived at our first destination."

Galestorm led his apprentice first towards the twoleg farm. There the duo stopped just beyond the fence, where the clan's scent line ended. The scent of strange animals and maneur was powerful here as he gazed on at the giant red twoleg structure in the distance, and the massive bodies of the farmland animals.

"This is the twoleg farm. That red thing out there is called a barn, and those black-and-white animals are cows. The fluffy ones are sheep. They are much bigger if you approach them, but they are mostly harmless. They don't care about cats like us." Galestorm had never been so close to one of those animals before, but he had been told as much by his senior warriors. "Although WindClan doesn't claim that land, in the past, patrols have been sent to the barn in search of prey when the moor is running short." He turned to his apprentice, his expression serious. "But never go there without permission. It's dangerous. There are rats there, and their bites can become infected and even be fatal."

He led the apprentice away in the direction of the gorge. Sageleaf's words echoed in his mind and he swallowed back his apprehension as they drew near the edge, the sound of the rushing falls roaring in the distance. He held out his tail to signal Pipitpaw to stop.

"What do you hear?" he prompted her, tilting his head.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

Every part of her listened intently as he followed along her recitations, matching phrase for phrase with supplemental information that would prove nothing but useful. Near-silently, to herself, she whispered back everything that he told her. Every piece of information that he recounted about the Lake, even though it was likely she would never be able to see it in her lifetime. Still, the quiet phrases were repeated thrice before she moved onto the next, committing them to memory as if her very life depended upon being able to recall the information in an instant. It didn't stop the way she kept her gaze towards her mentor, though, gold-rimmed pupils seeming intent on still being polite. Looking at him, but not sizing him up. Listening intently, yet also being sure to take the time to repeat all the information to herself.

She couldn't help her continued hesitation at her slip-up, though, the stiffness in her steps giving away that she was making sure her muscles were locked to flinch at a moment's notice. The only reprieve came from a singular sentence: "You are doing great for one who just became an apprentice. That sentence alone seemed to puzzle her more than anything else, the snow-furred molly halting entirely in her tracks for a moment as she blinked with shock. "Oh." She couldn't help it, but quickly recovered from the state of her surprise as she shook her head. Immediately, the apprentice caught back up to her mentor's side as they made it to the 'barn.'

Her nose wrinkled at the unfamiliar scents that hit her sensitive nostrils, and she scrunched uncomfortably as some of them seemed to sting. "I... don't think I would want to." Shaking her head as she affirmed the instructions to never go alone, she was more than happy to depart towards the next location. Once Galestorm's tail cut her off, she also halted, and the set of alabaster ears pricked forward at the command to listen.

A quick twitch indicated that they had picked up on something. "I... hear water. But it isn't... This sounds like water mixed with bursting winds." It puzzled her. She took a singular step forward, not quite crossing his tail barrier, but it at least signaled her curiosity. Once more looking to her mentor's face, her head tilted. "What is it?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight Feathers [c]   Flight Feathers [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Flight Feathers [c]
Page 1 of 1