Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

within her castle walls (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

within her castle walls (c) Empty
PostSubject: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 3:20 pm

Finally, she'd finished all her duties for the day. Tired, Hedgepaw stopped in the middle of camp and got down into a stretch--front paws digging into the mud, bending forward to let out the tension in her back. It had been a long evening, and now the sun was beginning to rise, which meant she ought to be getting to bed. But just for a moment she paused, sitting up and looking at the way the sky changed into a balmy orange-pink. She didn't get to see it very often. It reminded her of when she and Fernpaw had peeked outside during the day to see where all the frogs went. She smiled, looking up into the clouds and feeling the first ray of warmth reach her. She liked the cold and the night, but a little bit of dawn wasn't bad. But really, she knew she had to get to bed so she wouldn't be tired tomorrow evening when she got woken up for the dusk patrol. So she began backing away slowly, in the direction of the apprentices' den, eyes still fixed on the light blue that began to creep over the horizon.

"Oof--!" Backing up without looking meant she'd completely bumped into someone. Surprised, Hedgepaw whirled around, wondering who else would possibly be awake at this hour. Oh. Turning brought her face-to-face with one of the strangers in camp, one of the non-Clan cats. The cats who apparently had been invited for defending the Clan, though she'd never really spoken to them before. She'd hardly even seen them. If she was being honest with herself, they kind of scared her, not being from ShadowClan. They were unpredictable. Quickly the apprentice drew in on herself, shrinking back in a mixture of shock and apprehension. "Oh, uh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" she squeaked, voice hardly audible. Her ears pinned back slightly. "I'll, uh, I'll just go in then. Hi. Sorry. I'll get out of your way."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2967

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 4:31 pm

Cherish

Cherish was still getting used to the layout of the camp. She had her kits, which had not been as bad as she was dreading since they had a cozy nursery to stay in, which she was still incredibly grateful for. Steadfast was looking after the kits for her at the moment while she stretched her legs and tried to get used to more of the layout. She’ll have to help out these shadow cats after all, as payment for them housing her and her new kits.

She stopped when suddenly someone had run into her. It was a smaller someone than her, though, so she looked down and smiled. Oh, she knew this one! She had watched one of the ceremonies that had taken place from the entrance of the nursery.

“Oh you’re fine!” she assured the apprentice with a loud giggle. “I was getting all turned around and walking over my own toes that I didn’t see you. And you are—hang on, wait, don’t tell me.” Cherish held her breath for a moment as she tried to remember. “Paws of…leaves? No. Trees! No…” Her eyes narrowed. “….Fudge?”
Temp SC Plot NPC • Scout • She/Her • 60 | 130 • #ff9933
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 9:35 pm

The she-cat seemed nice--almost too nice with her loud giggling and exuberant smiles, which made Hedgepaw shrink back a little bit further. But the stranger wasn't mean at all, and in fact seemed... welcoming. So maybe it was okay to not run away immediately. The words she said didn't make any sense though. Was she trying to guess Hedgepaw's name? "Fudge?" she echoed in abject confusion, the sensation of befuddlement momentarily distracting from her fear of new cats. "What's that?" Her tail, sticking straight up as always and a bit more bristly from her momentary fear, waved a little bit behind her. "My name's Hedgepaw. I, uh... I'm sorry, but I don't think I know what your name is. New cats kinda scare me." Shyly she blinked up at the nice she-cat. "But... you seem all right, I guess. And really happy. What are you happy about?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 7:57 pm

Cherish

The child quickly supplied her actual name and Cherish nodded. “Right, right! Hedgepaw, Hedgepaw…” She murmured the name to herself a couple of times, trying to get it right, and then she looked back at the apprentice. “Oh, my name is Cherish! I chose it myself. From what I’ve learned around here, your leaders chooses your names for you after your mother does, right? Why does your name change so often, if you aren’t even the one to choose it?”

Cherish blinked and then grinned again at Hedgepaw’s last question. “Well, everything is just wonderful right now is all! I’ll be having my kits soon, and I get to have it in a safe place like your lovely home. And everyone here is so splendid. We meet some rather mean cats when we travel through the Upright Zone, and so it is nice to meet some cats with diplomacy.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 3:12 pm

Hedgepaw tilted her head, listening carefully to the strange new cat. Cherish, she said her name was. What... an odd name. Had she been Cherpaw once? But what was a Cher, and what was a Ish? Or was it just one word and she forgot her suffix? Surely Fernpaw could figure it out if he was here. But he wasn't so she'd just have to ask. "What... what's a Cherish?" And what a strange question to ask. Choosing her own name? But what if she chose wrong? And when she was just little, what did she get called? Her fear of the she-cat faded away in the wake of all these questions. Curiosity awakened, green eyes sparkling with thought. "Well, it signa... signifies different parts of your life." She'd learned that word from Fern! "When you're a kit, it's -kit. Like I used to be Hedgekit. Then -paw means you're an apprentice, so you're learning how to do stuff and you've got a mentor and everything. Then you get your full name when you become a warrior! And it gets chosen based on your personality, and how you act, and how good you do with your training. I don't have one of those yet but I'm excited to get one." Her tail waved behind her. "Picking your own name--do you pick it when you're just a little kit? What do you get called before that? And what if you pick it wrong, do you just... change it yourself, later?"

The other things that Cherish said only made her more confused. Hedgepaw blinked several times trying to comprehend them, but just ended up repeating the phrases she didn't understand. "Upright Zone?... Diplomacy? Why do you travel so much if there are mean cats out there? Mean cats scare me. I like staying in camp and in our own territory. That's how I know I'll be safe." Her head tilted again. "Wait, so... does that mean you're going to leave after you have kits? Why? Why not stay here?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 3:11 pm

Cherish

This kit had so many questions for her! Cherish loved it. Muse was also really curious when she was little, although Muse was only a bit older than this little one appeared to be. She replied, “Cherish means to care deeply about something.” She listened to Hedgepaw’s explanation about the names and hummed as she considered it. “That is very fun! Getting a new name depending on your accomplishments…that sounds very special!”

She stretched out her paws and shifted into a new position to get comfortable. “Well I had a different name when I was younger. I lived with the Uprights…I think I have heard the Striking Sable call them ‘Twolegs’? But I lived with them for a time and they named me Pumpkin. It was a perfectly fine life but I hated living in one spot for so long. I wanted to see more of the world. So I ended up leaving, and was brought in by Steady. He said I could choose my own name instead of the one given to me. I was so grateful for this new life and these cats that brought me in that I chose the name Cherish to reflect it.” She grinned brightly as she remembered that period of her life. She loved her group so much.

“As for the travel…” Cherish tilted her head to consider it. “There are mean cats, but I think there are mean cats everywhere. There are other clans tat live around you, right? I’m sure they have mean cats. The ones we run into are just as protective of their territory as you or the other clans are.” Her eyes crinkled with a smile. “As lovely as your place is, the fun is the travel. Seeing all these new things, never staying in one place…I got enough of that when I lived with the Uprights. I want to be able to go wherever I please.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:21 pm

Cherish... to care deeply. So it was like love, then? Hedgepaw nodded thoughtfully, storing the word away in her memory for use someday. Fernpaw already knew it, but maybe she could surprise Mamma Pineblossom or Silverhawk with it. She loved them, a lot. Maybe she cherished them also? Wait, was it cherished? Cherishen? Anyway. Cherish--the cat, not the word--kept talking, spinning an interesting story about her background. She used to live with Twolegs, apparently, the thought of which was strange enough to nearly make the apprentice's fur bristle. So she'd been a kittypet? She didn't look like one, or at least not from the tales she'd been told. She was slim and scarred and very pretty, not anything like the fat lazy cats in the elders' tales. It was odd; a complete difference in their thinking. Hedgepaw liked staying put in one place. Of course, the "place" was very big, since ShadowClan territory had a decent chunk of land--but she felt no desire to go any further. The closer she was to home and her family, the safer she was. She had hated the weird awful time journeying in the snow, staying at the strange place. If that was "travel," she wanted nothing to do with it. But if Cherish enjoyed it, then Hedgepaw was glad that was what she got to do.

"I like staying in one place," she said, sitting down on the ground as if to prove her point. ShadowClan was comfortable. "I'm famullier--familiar with the territory here. My family's here. We all went on a big travel one time, and that wasn't fun at all. Everyone was sad and Mamma got sick and I didn't like it." Hedgepaw flicked her ear, pushing the memory away. It didn't matter--it was over now. "So I don't get it. But it's okay. Mamma told me that some cats are just different, and we all think differently from each other. There are cats who like swimming and there are cats who sleep during the night. I like how I live, though." She smiled up at Cherish. "I'm glad you got to visit for a bit, even if you think we're weird. How long are you going to be staying? Where will you go next?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:37 pm

Cherish

Hedgepaw’s fumbling with her words was adorable and Cherish grinned at her while she explained. There could be some comfort in staying in one place, certainly. For Cherish though, it made her pelt itch.

Cherish said, “We’ll just be staying here long enough for my kits to learn to walk and defend themselves. Then…I’m not sure where we’ll go! We’ve been heading east, mostly. I think that’s off in the direction of some of the Upright Zone, so we may skirt around that. Uprights go crazy for kits.” Her face twisted into an odd expression and then she looked at Hedgepaw again and relaxed. “I hope that our paths can cross again one day.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: within her castle walls (c)   within her castle walls (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

within her castle walls (c)
Page 1 of 1