Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

quiet moonlight [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

quiet moonlight [c] Empty
PostSubject: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 12:15

Pineblossom

Her children were growing quickly and Hedgekit was now Hedgepaw. Pineblossom was beyond ecstatic, and so proud of her only daughter for reaching this milestone. She worried, now that her children were not always at her side, but it was still nice to see them grow into their own, bit by bit. That didn’t mean that she did not still want to spend as much time as possible around them.

She’d spoken with Sablestrike to get permission to take her daughter out today instead of Quillsplash being assigned to look after her. Now they were out together, weaving through the territory. Pineblossom corrected Hedgepaw here and there about her stance. She was doing well, but she was also a brand new apprentice; she would have a lot to learn.

“Are you enjoying going out and hunting for the clan?” Pineblossom asked her daughter.
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 22:46

To be out in the territory with her mother was pure contentment. Hedgepaw's soft smile never left her face as she followed Mamma Pineblossom, sticking almost completely to her side, dogging the larger white-footed steps with their almost-identical miniature versions. Though she liked being trained by Quillsplash--he was nice enough--she would rather spend time with her mother than nearly any other cat. She took all correction humbly and eagerly. Of course her mother, the best warrior in the Clan, would know how to hunt far better than a new apprentice! Any instruction would make her that much more like Mamma. And of course, the night was gorgeous, with bright snowfall glimmering under the starlight. It would hardly be possible to feel sad at a time like this.

"Yes! I love being an apprentice," Hedgepaw purred in response to the question. "I miss playing hide-and-seek sometimes, and it can be a bit scary to worry about predators or evil rogues and things like that, but I haven't seen any of that yet. I'm just glad to be out here in the territory. It's so pretty! Just like you said, Mamma." The small apprentice pressed up against her mother's side, headbutting her shoulder affectionately. "I'm not all that good at hunting yet. But I bet I'll get better pretty fast with your help, huh? Then I can learn to spar and everything. I'll be just like you, and just like Silverhawk!"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:47

Pineblossom

Hedgepaw spoke with such excitement. It was nice that she was enjoying being an apprentice, and that she seemed to be getting along well with Quillsplash. Pineblossom would have it no other way. She did chuckle and murmured, “It seems you did not get my abilities to hunt, then. It was what I was best at when I was an apprentice. I managed to catch a rabbit during harsh leafbare shortly after I earned my name…I would say that is still my crowning achievement.” She looked down at her daughter. “How about I teach you some of my techniques? Then you’ll be able to show off to Quillsplash just how skilled you are with hunting. You can impress him.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 18:50

Hedgepaw looked up at her mother with wide eyes full of wonder. She'd already known that Mamma Pine was the best and probably had been for her whole life, but catching a rabbit in the middle of a cold scary leaf-bare like that? "Whoa," she gasped. "That's awesome! They should've named you Pinerabbit or something. Wait--no, actually, Pineblossom is way prettier. But that is so impressive. I don't know if I'll ever be good enough to catch something that fast, but I hope I at least get good enough to catch some prey just for you!" Her tail waved in pure excitement at her mother's offer. "Yes! The more I learn, the better!" She couldn't stop smiling, and all of the joy was directed straight at Pineblossom. "He's kinda cold, but I bet if I got real good at hunting all of a sudden he'd be super amazed."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 17:08

Pineblossom

Pineblossom chuckled, imagining having the name that her daughter suggested. To be named after her favorite food…It was so silly, but also charming. She said, “Maybe it will get changed to something one day. I’ve already had my name changed once.” She looked back at Hedgepaw and nodded. “He is a bit more restrained than you, or even I, but I think he cares a lot for our clan in his own way. I bet he already is proud of how much you are learning—but come, I will show you what I know.”

She guided them further into their territory and then lowered down on her haunches. Thanks to her already-short stature, she easily became hidden in the grasses and bushes of their territory. In a low voice, she encouraged Hedgepaw, saying, “Sniff around and try to spot some prey. I have scented one already. Creep up from downwind so it will not smell you, and leap when you are close enough. Your stealth is your greatest asset as a ShadowClan cat.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 12:23

Hedgepaw blinked. "You've had your name changed once, Mamma? What was it before? Do you mean back when you were Pinepaw?" But her line of questioning fell away, forgotten, when Pineblossom offered advice for hunting. Restrained was a good word for Quillsplash; she could never tell exactly what he was thinking. Not like Wolf and Fern, who were weird but in a good way, or Stag who wore all of his thoughts on his face, or Silver who was just awesome and nice all the time and the coolest warrior ever. Or Mamma, who said what she thought with such eloquence that even Hedgepaw was rarely confused. But all of that wasn't too important right now, because Mamma was going to teach her tips on how to hunt.

"Your stealth is your greatest asset as a ShadowClan cat.”

Hedgepaw carefully lowered herself into the hunting crouch that Quillsplash had taught her. Paws beneath her, tail out flat and straight, ears swiveling to hear anything nearby. And--yes, she did smell something faint on the wind. It smelled like the fresh-kill pile at home. She wasn't good at telling different prey apart from each other yet, but she knew that something was there. So she cautiously crept in its direction, her full ShadowClan blood helping her step quietly on the mud and sneak invisible through the low, frosted grasses. Since she could smell it so strongly, it must have been upwind. Plus the breeze ruffled her whiskers. And there--she saw it. A small lizard on a rock, sleeping in the cold, probably waiting for the sun to rise again. She narrowed her eyes and got as close as she could before pouncing.

However, her leap wasn't accurate enough. She landed a few inches from it, paws slamming the rock hard--causing the lizard to fall off, startled, and scramble away. All she could do was watch helplessly as it vanished into the territory. "Aww," she said, disappointed. She'd thought her sneaking was pretty good. Hedgepaw trudged back to Pineblossom, trying not to feel too bad about her failure. "Sorry, Mamma. I was close but I missed."

Hedgepaw tries to catch a lizard... Failure. -3 SP

Last edited by Ash on Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 12:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 12:23

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

quiet moonlight [c] Mistpe10
quiet moonlight [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 12:36

Pineblossom

Hedgepaw was off before Pineblossom could answer her question. She watched Hedgepaw’s movements carefully, but the problem with the catch was very clear when she missed her target. She approached behind Hedgepaw and licked the top of her head. “It’s alright. Hunting in leafbare is difficult. I miss more prey than I catch, even with it coming easily to me.”

In the hopes to the take her daughter’s mind off her mistake, she answered the question from before. “My mother actually named me Icekit when I was born because of my bright white paws—just like you have.” Pineblossom nodded down to her daughter’s paws which were hidden in the snow. “When I was a warrior, Nightstar deemed the name I had to not truly fit me, and so he changed it to Pineblossom. I rather like the new name.”

Her ear turned when she heard some rustling behind the leaves of a bush. Instinctively, she lowered down and looked towards it. In a low voice she murmurs, “Let’s see if I can catch something. Watch carefully.”

Pineblossom took careful steps forward, moving in closer to the rustling before leaping. She dived through the foliage which blinded her from exactly where to land. She had made a guess and unfortunately landed incorrectly. The squirrel that had been rummaging for nuts shrieked at the sudden collision of a big predator and sprinted off, disappearing quickly up a tree. Pineblossom pulled herself out of the bush and shook the leaves and twigs out of the feathers. She clicked her tongue in quiet disappointment of herself and then looked back at Hedgpaw. “You see? I miss sometimes too.”

Pineblossom attempted to catch a squirrel but was unsuccessful. -5SP.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sun 3 Mar 2024 - 12:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 12:36

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

quiet moonlight [c] Mistpe10
quiet moonlight [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 19:21

In leaf-bare... How long had it been leaf-bare now? When would the seasons change? Still, Hedgepaw wasn't too hard to cheer up. Emotions came and went easily like water off the back of a RiverClan cat, but the one that always stuck around was happiness. Love for her family and her Clan. So she was content to sit back and watch her mother hunt, wide eyes taking in the sheer skill from moons upon moons of learning and practicing. Pineblossom's movements were quick and calculated. She made it look easy; stealth came to her naturally. Even though the prey ran away in the end, Hedgepaw was no less impressed. "That's okay, Mamma! I still think you're cool." A purr rumbled through her small form as she padded up to her mother, pressing her small head into the fluffy white-speckled fur of her mother's leg. "I bet you catch it most of the time, anyway. You're the best warrior ever."

Now that neither of them were actively hunting anymore, though, her questions from earlier returned. Hedgepaw looked up at Pineblossom, blinking large green eyes. "If your name got changed, does that mean mine will be changed? I know whoever Nightstar is he's not leader anymore, but what if Leopardstar changes my name? I kind of like being Hedge." She frowned slightly, but the thought faded as quickly as it came. "Mamma, when will leaf-bare go away? I don't mind the cold, but the snow has been here for a long time. I wanna see the other seasons. Which one is the best one? Are they all as long as leaf-bare? It's basically been leaf-bare since I was born." Her tail stuck up straight behind her while she spoke.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: quiet moonlight [c]   quiet moonlight [c] EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 13:43

Pineblossom

Hedgepaw’s words warmed Pineblossom to her core. She smiled at her daughter and purred, “That’s very sweet. Thank you.” She quickly added, “You likely won’t get your name changed from Hedge. It is rare for a cat to earn a complete name change unless they change clans. My name change…it was something of a special circumstance. You don’t need to worry.”

Pineblossom looked around her. While the snow was still indeed cold, it was not quite as thick as it was when they first returned to the forest. “It will warm up, bit by bit. I think newleaf is just around the corner. Leafbare always feels like the longest season, but greenleaf can be long too…It gets very hot during greenleaf and the marsh grows so humid your fur feels like it thickens despite the heat.” She considered for a moment and added, “I think my favorite season is newleaf. Plenty of prey, it’s not too hot or cold, and the flowers start to grow again.” It’s the season of new life.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699