Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3237

But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] Empty
PostSubject: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 3:31

perfection is found in accepting your imperfections

The days seemed to pass in a blur, but her mind was still trapped in the horrible moment in the medicine cat den, where her future had been delivered to her without so much as a warning. An elder. The thought had made her cry in silence until her throat was dry. Of course she respected elders; they had served the Clans for ages, and deserved the care and rest that came after. But that was the thing-- they deserved it all because they had already done their part for the Clan. She was still young, much younger than other warriors like Swiftheart and Pineblossom. Even Poppycloud was older than her by a couple of moons. She should still be among her fellow warriors, hunting and fighting for her Clan and upholding the Warrior Code in everything that she did. Maybe if her shoulder wasn't getting in the way of everything, she'd even be mentoring one of Pineblossom's kits right now. Her first and only apprentice, Beetlechaser, had gone missing before they begun the journey, and now that they were back she could not even search for a sign of his presence. She was pratically crippled.

She knew she wasn't being fair to herself. If it were any other warrior in her place, she'd think that retirement would be the best option for them as well, and would have no hesitation in hunting and caring for them. It was simply how a Clan functioned. But she still had so much more to live for. She had thought once of having a second litter of kits, in hopes that she'd do a better job than her first litter, all of whom were dead. She still had to make up for her mistakes which had resulted in her son's blindness. There was so much she had to do, and now she couldn't even have a day to finish them all? It would have been better if she had died in that horrible fight with the fox instead.

In her trance of tears of grief, the warrior found herself seeking out an unlikely friend. Pineblossom, a warrior who she had always held in high regards, but would once never have let see her tears. Tawnyshadow limped towards the white-speckled she-cat, fighting back tears as she spoke in a soft voice that was so unlike her, "Could I talk to you for a moment?"

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:36

Pineblossom

Pineblossom still remembered when Quillsplash and Tawnyshadow had stumbled into camp after a terrible attack gone wrong. It had been an awful sight and there was practically nothing that Pineblossom could do. She thought of Tawnyshadow as a friend, but she was no medicine cat and she was still caring for her kits at the time, so it was not as though she could do much. The most she could handle were the brief daily outings to train Quillsplash—Quillpaw, then—but now that her kits were grown and she had no apprentice to look after, Pineblossom had far more time on her hands. That included more time to focus on thsoe she had been neglecting.

“Tawnyshadow,” Pineblossom greeted and her voice was warm. She heard the soft voice and saw tears glistening in her friend’s eyes and her heart picked up in pace. “Of course. I have been wanting to catch up. Come, let’s find a quiet place to rest.”

She guided Tawnyshadow to her favorite spot, located just around the back of the nursery where it was dark and no one ever wandered by. Webshadow showed her this spot when she was just a kit and she kept it in mind every time she needed privacy or time away. Pineblossom sat down and looked to her friend. “What’s going on? What’s on your mind?”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 4:43

Tawnyshadow let her friend guide her, and sat down numbly in silence. "I-" her words were getting stuck in her throat, and she swallowed uncomfortably. She knew that Pineblossom would offer nothing but comfort after learning of her situation, and perhaps that was why she came to the dark-furred she-cat first. She wanted to be comforted and cared for. She wanted to be able to cry on someone's shoulder, even if just for a few heartbeats. "It's my shoulder," She finally admitted, unable to bring herself to look up at her friend, "Heatherberry took another look at it the other day, and-" The urge to cry made it hard to speak, and she had to take a few moments to calm herself down. "It's not getting better," her voice was soft, barely a whisper, and yet it was perhaps the hardest thing she ever had to admit. Harder than any apology, or insult, or even admiting to her faults. It was so much worse. This was the first time she had said it out loud. She's not getting better. It was impossible to continue, but somehow she managed to cough out a few more words. "Heatherberry told me that the best option for me was to retire, and Leopardstar's going to hold the ceremony for me in a few sunrises."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 17:38

Pineblossom

Her heart ached with sympathy as Tawnyshadow began to explain and her pain was made clear. Seeing Tawnyshadow’s usual neutral demeanor crack under the stress of the situation pained Pineblossom to see.

“And you’re frustrated that you’re going to have to retire?” Pineblossom guessed. “I don’t blame you…Were I in your paws, I would feel much the same.” She looked out at their clan, pondering her words for a moment, before her gaze returned. “I do hope that you do not take this as a sign of your failure, however. You fought nobly against that fox and kept Quillsplash safe. You continued on as best you could despite your worsening condition. It is a sorry thing to accept retirement—but you have earned that rest.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 22:20

Tawnyshadow knew that Pineblossom's words were meant to comfort her, but it only left a bitter tang in her heart. "But I haven't," Her voice was soft and rough, full of raw hurt. "I haven't earned any sort of rest, not when I have yet to repay for all the harm that I've caused. If I had been a better mentor, a better clanmate-- a better mother, so many more cats would be alive right now. How can I accept even a moursel of food from anyone when I so clearly don't deserve it?" Her gaze snapped back to her friend's, a rising panic in her that she could no longer quell. "I'm not ready! I haven't made my peace yet, I can't be thrown away yet!"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 19:20

Pineblossom

“Tawnyshadow,” Pineblossom said loudly, cutting off her friend before her hysteria could grow. “No one is throwing you away. Now breathe. You’re working yourself up into a frenzy.” She paused to ensure that Tawnyshadow would do as she ordered and then she continued. “You are not being thrown away; that is not what retirement is. You are not dying. You are not turning into a mound of dirt that no one will ever look at again. It is true that you won’t be able to do patrols or go out into battle—and that is difficult, certainly. But you are not shut away into the elder’s den to never live another day.”

Pineblossom gestured vaguely. “These things you must do to feel peace, you can still do them—just in different ways. You cannot train an apprentice, but you can teach kits the stories that they will learn their morals from and keep with them as they grow. You can observe the daily life of our clan and provide insight to Leopardstar and Sablestrike. You can assist Heatherberry with duties she needs done around the camp because stars knows that she overworks herself as it is. You can still live and make whatever change you feel you must.”

She moved a little closer, allowing their flanks to touch and hopefully aid in calming Tawnyshadow a little more. “We have all done things that we regret, or have caused harm. You are not alone in that fear. However, one cat’s death is not something you should force upon yourself like diving into a predator’s maw. Unless you personally put a claw to their throat, there are always what ifs, and that kind of a spiral…” She sighed and shook her head, briefly thinking of the cats that she had left behind. “It is not healthy. But. If it would make you feel better to do more, to help more, and to eventually make peace—you can. You just need to learn new methods to suit your situation.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 0:28

Tawnyshadow leaned into her friend's embrace, taking in deep breaths as Pineblossom spoke. She wasn't getting thrown away? She hadn't killed her kits, hadn't caused her apprentice and friends to go missing or die? They were all words she had never heard of-- not in her dreams, not even in her kithood. They were foreign, and yet they seemed to have lifted a boulder off her shoulders. It wasn't her fault. Pineblossom was right; she still had a use in the Clan. She wasn't useless. Tears sprung to her eyes once more, and she didn't try to hold them in. Her tears stained the snow below her as her body shook like a reed in a storm. She hadn't caused any one to die. She didn't kill any of them. She repeated the words like a chant under her breath, as if to make up for all the times she failed to hear them. When she finally calmed down some, she whispered softly to her friend, "Thank you."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 19:51

Pineblossom

Pineblossom relaxed when her words seemed to get through to Tawnyshadow. It hurt to see the tears on her friend’s face, but they seemed to be tears of acceptance. She lowered at Tawnyshadow’s side and shuffled against her fully now to press against her flank. She said, “You are my friend. If anyone was planning on actually throwing you away, they would have to go through me first.” It had not been her desire for Nightstalker to be taken away from them all by that swarm of rats, no matter how many hard feelings there had been in the clan surrounding him. The idea of losing another, no matter the circumstances, sickened her. “I am here at your side no matter what you need, alright?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 9:07

Tawnyshadow nodded ever so slightly to show that she understood her friend's words. Friend. The word, given to her, of all cats... it made her heart warm for the first time in a long, long time. "Sorry for crying so much in recent times," She whispered to her... friend. Her friend. Someone who cared for her. Someone to care for. It brought tears back to her eyes, but this time she didn't fight to keep them in. "Promise to check in on me once I've moved to the elder's den?" Tawnyshadow laughed softly through her tears.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 12:11

Pineblossom

Pineblossom’s eyes crinkled into a slight smile and she replied, “I will visit so often that they will think I’m considering retiring. And should you need my help with anything, you should not hesitate to ask.” She leaned over and licked Tawnyshadow’s fur, helping to groom where her tears had dampened it. “You’ll have me. I promise.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]   But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

But I Still Have So Much More To Live For[C]
Page 1 of 1