Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

just two little guys [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

just two little guys [c] Empty
PostSubject: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 10:11 pm

STOATKIT
Normally, Stoatkit would trudge through the snow alongside his mother or father, or one of his siblings if they weren't all scrunched together for warmth. Recently though, he was starting to take up adventuring alongside other cats in WindClan -- primarily Gentlekit. He'd taken quite a liking to the younger tom-kit, feeling a tug towards him though Stoatkit had not necessarily interacted with him aside from a slight brush of their pelts or two. Something in the brown-colored kit made him want to protect him. Was this the way Sootstorm was feeling each time he greeted the kits with fierce licks and gentle nuzzles?

Stoatkit wondered if this was also what kittypets looked like. He'd overheard elders discussing them every now and again, usually spoken with tones of disgust and about how they lived lives just as soft as their pelts. Did Gentlekit have kittypet ancestry? He dismissed the thought with a fierce shake of the head and a wrinkled nose. WindClan would never dilute strong warrior blood with kittypets!

Once the Clan had come to a stop for the night, Stoatkit took his opportunity to approach the orange-colored kit. "Gentlekit," he called, "how come you're called that?" It was a genuine question, as condescending as it may have come off as. There was not a lick of malice in his words and his eyes were rounded with an innocent curiosity. "Are you very gentle?"

tags; qrow

Back to top Go down
Qrow

Qrow

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 11:19 pm

What a long day, Gentlekit thought, as he stretched the soreness from his legs. Already 2 moons old and still being carried around for this new move, although he barely wanted to walk around the snowy ground while it was so cold out. He was glad his coat was growing nicely so he didn't have to suffer through the cold as much. Still feeling the chill of the cool night air, he gets ready to settle in for the night cuddled up next to his mother Cinderscar, when he heard a still unfamiliar voice call out his name and start asking him questions. Still nervous about meeting the other kits he reflexively goes to hide behind his mom, but decides against it and interact, finally, with another kit.

"My mother named me, it's because she hopes that I will grow up kind and gentle." Gentlekit whispered just loud enough for the brown tom to hear him. He remembered a conversation between Sootstorm and his mom. Stoatkit, he thought, the deputy's kit. Remembering this fact made the fear in his chest rise, he fought the urge to tense up and run, why was the deputy's kit talking to him? "Why do they call you Stoatkit?", he chimed back, fighting the quivering of his voice. What even is a stoat, he thought to himself, not daring to say that to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 11:35 pm

STOATKIT
He supposed he would have to accept the answer given. Kits could not do much when they couldn't speak or see the world around them; they were stuck with the names their parents gave them. Gentlekit was bestowed upon this little tom in hopes he would be a kind, gentle warrior. Stoatkit thought it was silly, but he opted not to say that out loud. That'd be rude, and Stoatkit would rather eat crowfood than be rude to a new potential friend. That sort of attitude was reserved for his littermates.

"That's nice." He settled on instead, nodding slowly. "My mother named me, too. She says it's because my fur is as brown as a stoat. They're tiny, fierce beasts! I think she wants me to be just as fierce for WindClan." He puffed his chest out proudly at his explanation, though uncertainty rose in his belly. Stoats were small... Was Stoatkit small? He looked down at his paws self-consciously. He was certainly not small... He was an average sized kit. "What are you going to do if you end up being vicious?"

Back to top Go down
Qrow

Qrow

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:04 am

Tiny fierce beasts huh... Gentlekit could see how it fits him well. Even with the fear panging in his chest, he couldn't help having fun talking with another kit. Though he needs to be mindful with him, Gentlekit saw a thought flash across his eyes before he responded. What did Stoatkit really think of the name Gentlekit, it's not like WindClan needs gentle warriors. He opened up his mouth to ask, in hopes of reassurance, but he saw a reflection of himself as Stoatkit stared down at his paws. I guess even the deputy's kit can be self-conscious.

"I don't want to be vicious, there are plenty of vicious warriors." He replied, seeing him be uneasy brought a little relief to Gentlekit's fears. His status doesn't define him, he's also just a kit. Gentlekit approached and took a seat near him, his tail wrapped around his body to provide a little more warmth. "What happens if you are gentle instead of fierce?" He flicked his ear thoughtfully, thinking about Stoatkit being gentle was funny. I can't see this bold kit being gentle about anything. My mother is trying to teach me that there is more to a warrior than being fierce.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 9:40 am

STOATKIT
There are plenty of vicious warriors. That struck a chord with Stoatkit. There were plenty of vicious warriors, Gentlekit was right, but... Having vicious warriors was what kept WindClan safe. Strong, vicious cats who stopped at nothing in battle to protect WindClan's future and upheld the venerable warrior code!

Of course Stoatkit wanted to be like that. That was the only way to be a proper WindClan warrior, wasn't it? Fighting off the other Clans, proving WindClan was the best, hunting prey and giving thanks to StarClan. Stoatkit couldn't wait to live the good, honorable life of a true warrior...

"You either die or you become a stinky kittypet." The little tom answered very matter-of-factly. "The warrior code says we reject the soft life of a kittypet! And kittypets are gentle." Stoatkit hesitated a moment, his eyes flickering with unease. "But I guess it's okay to be gentle sometimes. Mother and Father are gentle... But that's only sometimes!"

Back to top Go down
Qrow

Qrow

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 9:38 pm

So what if kittypets are gentle, they weren't the kind of gentle that he was named after, was it? Gentlekit was hurt by his words, his ears flattening a little. He was no kittypet. He just wanted to think of a gentler approach to battle. Defend your clan even with your life, his mother taught him the warrior code, it's not about being vicious all of the time. If all the warriors are vicious then who actually protects the warriors that are injured or need a helping paw?

"What about medicine cats? They don't break the code do they?" Gentlekit mused, his tail flicking. "You don't think Daisyfang is a kittypet, do you? She's gentle all the time." Stoatkit is mouse-brained and he isn't going to be reasoned with. Gentlekit desperately wanted to change the topic. His first thought was about mossball, a game that his mother taught him about. That wouldn't continue the discussion. "I'll be the gentle to your vicious. Let's play mossball, I'll be defense you can play offense!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 7:03 pm

STOATKIT
"Daisyfang's no kittypet!" Stoatkit defended himself indignantly. He supposed that was a fair suggestion though, all things considered. He hadn't meant it that way, he just couldn't describe what he'd meant. It was okay to be gentle sometimes, and Daisyfang at least knew how to fight. Kittypets, though? They were crowfood when it came to Clan cats!

But then the topic changed, and Gentlekit gave him an offering. The gentle to my vicious. It sounded odd to him. Stoatkit was gentle sometimes, even if he didn't like to admit it. Especially with his sisters, who were... Quite vicious at times, in his opinion. He couldn't help that he couldn't be gentle all the time, not like Gentlekit. "Okay." He agreed with a nod, his eyes sweeping around the camp. A bit of moss grew on the ground outside of the nursery and he went to scrape it off, then together into a ball. "Ya ready?"

[/color]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just two little guys [c]   just two little guys [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

just two little guys [c]
Page 1 of 1