Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9983

Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony   Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 10:40 am

Tigerdance sighed, he knew he had delayed this long enough. He knew it was only a matter of time before Daisyfang tracked him down to shove some of the cure herbs down his throat. So he decided it was better to save her the trip, and save him the embarrassment of being called out in front of the clan.

So here he, poking his head into the temporary medicine den green eyes scanning the space to make sure he wasn't disturbing anything important. Eventually his gaze landed on the she-cat that called the den her home. The tall tom gave her a sheepish smile, before entering the den fully. "I suppose you know what I'm here for. Finally."

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony   Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 5:07 am

Daisyfang gave her leader a sharp-toothed grin. “I’m glad you’ve finally come off your self-sacrificing high horse and seen some sense.” Her teasing was light hearted, if truthful. "Thanks for saving me the trouble of dragging you in here by the scruff."She hooked her teeth into a bundle of herbs that had been tucked away into one of the cubbies set in the wall of the den.

The bi-colored molly trotted back to Tigerdance, beckoning him to one of the empty nests. “I’ve been saving these for you.” She carefully unwrapped the bundle and returned to her stores for the lavender. “Those are going to be super gross by the way, but chew them well and swallow everything.” She called over her shoulder as she picked out the least-wilted stems of lavender from her supply. The medicine cat fell into the well-worn motions of kneading the fragrant flowers and working the crushed petals into Tigerdance’s fur. She had lost count of how many times she’d done this now.

“Hopefully with those herbs and a little luck you’ll be able to kick that cough before leaf-bare gets any worse.” She flicked her white-tipped tail over his ear fondly. “Get some rest.” She settled down by the entrance of the den, enjoying the brush of cold air against her fur, and of course, discouraging any premature exits.

Daisyfang has used The Cure on Tigerdance

wc herbs
Tormentil x 14 (-1)
Coneflower x 5 (-1)
Honey x 20
Lambs Ear x 7 (-1)
Ragweed x 6 (-1)
Borage x 8
Burdockroot x 13 (-1)
Lavender x 24 (-1)
Horse tail x 27
Wild Garlic x 9 (-1)

Rank up:

Last edited by Ishtar on Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ((Forgot the herb list mb)))
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9983

PostSubject: Re: Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony   Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony EmptyFri Jan 12, 2024 11:08 am

Tigerdance didn’t protest against the Medicine Cat’s pokes at his avoidance. ”I knew it was only a matter of time until you searched this whole lake for me. Better save myself the embarrassment by coming to you.” The tall striped tom stated, as he settled down in the nest that she directed him to.

Green eyes turned to the herbs as she mentioned how she was saving them, but then stating a moment later how terrible they would taste. The leader could feel a spark of anxiety in his chest, not really wanting to taste how horrible the herbs really were but he knew that he needed them to feel better, to actually be able to lead his clan effectively. Tigerdance let out a small sigh, before he reached down for the herbs she had laid out for him.

Tigerdance couldn’t help but gag as he swallowed the nasty herbs, the taste sitting on his tongue still. It didn’t matter how much he tried to get rid of the taste, it lingered. Slowly fading, but present at the same time. ”The taste of these herbs should be against the code..” He grumbled out, as Daisyfang worked the lavender into his pelt for the nth time over the past couple moons.

It had become such a relaxing routine it didn’t take long for sleep to start pulling at him. Eyes grew heavy in no time at all, ”Get some rest.” Being the last thing the leader heard.

When Tigerdance opened his eyes again he was somewhere he hadn’t seen in a while. Stars speckled the sky, as the night sky filled his vision. Was he dead? The cure had worked for others.. Did it do the opposite for him? Or was he just that weak? Surely not.. He knew others had the sickness worse than he did.

Carefully the tom sat up, coming face to face with nine cats. A large gray and white tom taking up the front. Slowly realization dawned on the tall tom. They were here.. To give him his lives. He thought.. He had thought that he wasn’t worthy or that he would have to wait, but it seemed that it wasn’t the case. He didn’t know what to say to the cats in front of him, or exactly what to feel so he waited to see what would happen.

”Greetings, Tigerdance.” The first of the nine spoke. A large and fluffy gray and white tom. Yellow eyes shining with life and color. His head dipped slightly in greeting, causing the leader to dip his head back. ”My name is Ploverpuddle, former warrior of Windclan.” He felt it was right to introduce himself, even for the brief time they would be speaking.

”It has been some time since I have talked with any of the living, even more since I have been among them. There have been many leaders since my life, many with different visions and ideals for their clan.” The large tom spoke. ”Some successful, others.. Not so much.” Yellow eyes scanned the tall lanky tom, taking in his frail appearance, still recovering, Ploverpuddle noted. A show of sacrifice the tom made for his clan.

”But the clan has endured hardship after hardship. Rise and fall of leader after leader. It remained. Broken, maybe, but still alive. Are you ready to be the piece that holds it together? To work with those who we have chosen and you have chosen to make it stronger? To make it a name worth fighting for?” The large tom asked, knowing that in the past there were some leaders not up for the challenge, even shortly after getting their name. It was a shame too.. What greatness could have followed those if they had just endured.

Tigerdance couldn’t help but blink at the tom’s question, there was so much information to take in at this point in time, from being among Starclan again, to finally getting his lives. The tom in front of him held so much information, and so much was revealed in so little time. Just how many leaders had he seen? How many times did he watch Windclan struggle? But even as Tigerdance sat frozen for a moment, the large tom, Ploverpuddle, seemed to wait patiently. Tail neatly tucked around his paws.

Finally, Tigerdance regained himself. Standing firm. Windclan needed him, he needed Windclan. Together there would be a difference. A change from Shrikestar, a change from Smallstar. ”I am.”

Ploverpuddle nodded, a hint of a smile on the stoic tom’s maw. ”Good. Then let us get started.” With that the large tom stood.

”With this life, I give you endurance. To endure the hardest times, times of change, and times of ease. To endure every challenge and always find your way back to your clan no matter how lost you are.” With that the large tom pressed his nose to Tigerdance.

Tigerdance didn’t know what he was expecting when the life was given to him. There were no stories or information he could have been given that would have prepared him for this, of what this would feel like. As he felt the cold touch of the other tom’s nose, part of him braced for something. A shock, pain or something, but what came instead was an empty feeling. A soul sucking feeling. He felt lost, alone.. Abandoned, not knowing where he could turn, but what followed was a desire to keep going, to keep pushing. To find his way back, he didn’t know where exactly but he knew he needed to, and he was going to. No matter what.

The feeling felt like it lasted for ages, but it was gone in a matter of seconds at the same time. The leader could feel himself waver a little, still feeling the touch of loneliness from a moment ago as he looked up at Ploverpuddle once again.

”Good luck Tigerdance. Never give up on Windclan.” With that the large tom stepped back, a gentle breeze following his departure.

After Ploverpuddle stepped away another cat took his spot, a she-cat. She had a different scent than what he was used too. Certainly rogue, but clearly having some connection to the clans considering she was here, among his ancestors.

Zinnia's life after leaving the moors had been peaceful, though her death—a more recent affair—had carried with it a warrior's grace. Even aged as she was, she wouldn't stand down: she had led the charge against a group of foxes that had attacked her home, collapsing only when every one of them lay dead.

The stars she walked were twofold, a pleasant surprise. She had made her peace long ago with her decision to leave, but now she walked the stars of the Clans as well as those of her own ancestors; proof that she was as much a warrior as any other.

Today, her visit had a purpose, a determined gaze settling on the cat who would call himself a leader as she stepped forward; her pale pelt flecked not just with silver and gold, but also the telltale shine of starlight.

“Tigerdance.” Green eyes blinked slowly, acknowledging the cat before her. She dipped her head slightly, a show of respect. “You do not know me, but my name is Zinnia. Once a drifter from distant lands; then warrior of WindClan through the time of Asylum. Now I walk these stars alongside your ancestors, honored enough to speak with you.”

Even as she spoke, she swayed just slightly with the breeze; seemingly unable to keep entirely still.

”This world is filled with those who would be enemies, and yet you may find those who would become your allies in the most unlikely of places. A leader must be strong, yet flexible; as the branches of a willow tree. You may bend without breaking, and so may tradition.” She lightly touched her nose to his, the motion bringing with it the warmth of sunlight and the cooling touch of summer rain. ”My blessing is this: may you always keep an open mind.”

This life was very different from the last. Warmth filled him, like he was laying out in the sun but also there was a touch of cold, like a new-leaf rain. It was a little shocking but a balance was found between the two feelings. Two opposites working together to bring a sense of serenity to the lanky tom, but quickly the feeling faded, and Tigerdance was back looking at Zinnia, waiting to see what she would do next, but his answer came soon.

Having shared her wisdom, the former WindClan warrior stepped away, joining the crowd once more.

After the stranger stepped away, another took her place. Another she-cat but a lot more massive than the last. The scent of thunderclan clung to her starry brown pelt. While she wasn’t much taller than the new windclan leader, she had a lot more muscle on her frame than he did. She matched well with her former clan.

“Knowing when it is time to raise your claws, or when to lay them down is one of the hardest decisions a leader can make, but that doesn’t just apply to the battlefield. A kit escaping camp, a clanmate jumping to make risky decisions before seeing reason. These are both examples of that sentiment.” Meowed the massive brown tabby, her ears missing, muzzle and lips shredded, half-blind, and each shoulder and thigh scratched to smithereens while several large bite marks lined her fore-arms. Numerous hard won battles adorned the muscled she-cats body, even despite her long thick coat.

“You have a duty to your clanmates first. It is their claws and lives you risk with any decision made, but don’t be a stranger either. It is you who will take away their lives, not any enemy, so the least you can do is be their friend in life. Don’t hide away in your den, don’t make yourself scarce, bond with them, for they will die for you just as you should then.”  Specklefurs deep rumbling meow reached a new crescendo as she dwarfed the Windclan cat in front of her, a snarl creeping up on scar-smattered lips.

“With this life, I give you Tenacity. Use it to fight long after the fight is done, to work and persevere without falter. When your clanmates die and fall, use their dying breaths in your war cry! They are Windclan, you are Windclan!” Specklefur roared, bellowing as she did her best to instill pride, responsibility, and passion within the warrior’s chest.

Tigerdance should have expected his vision to turn to a battlefield after everything the she-cat had said, but it still shocked him. It was worse than what he saw at the gorge with Riverclan. Cries of clanmates fighting, pained cries and victorious cries filling the space in front of him. Green eyes watched as cats fell, while others won their fights. All of them under his command. All of them listening to his specific instruction, but soon the field faded, replaced by the solemn aftermath of cats picking up their fallen. The camp followed after, the grief of losing cats clung to everyone, but the will to continue on sparked under everyone’s fur.

In a flash the vision was gone, and a small gasp escaped the lanky tom. He had never seen war before, but he knew that one day he would have to see what he just saw, outside of his dreams.

After the massive she-cat stepped away a familiar face followed. One that he didn’t interact with too much, but it was a relief to see the tom here.

Warm wind tugged through Adderdawn's fur, inviting like the gusts that blew off the cliffs at the Gorge. Even in the still pocket of space reserved for this grim council, rushing echoes of his homeland found him. Adderdawn realized quickly the breeze was only illusory, noting neither the grass nor star-shrouded figures around him moved at its touch, but he found comfort in the pull of it regardless. It helped to separate him from Flutterpetal's side, ushered forward like tufts of pollen tossed objectionlessly along.

Adderdawn stepped from the crowd on silent paws. He appeared to Tigerdance haggard, his coat matted and dull, eyes sunken. Despite the haunted look to him, there was attentive light in his searching stare, and the points of light crowding his dark pelt would not allow him to look too miserable. For several moments, Adderdawn simply stood in front of the former deputy, scanning the length of Tigerdance's body and staring hard into the depths of his eyes. He wasn't sure if his expression reflected detached appraisal, or if the pity he felt had worked into his features. Adderdawn wasn't sure which he even wanted to portray.

Eventually, he released a grim huff and muttered, "What a mess." He never ached for life more than he did since joining the stars, but looking down on the Clans lately… maybe those ShadowClanners had done them a favor. "I don't envy you," he said, curt but not without sympathy. "Being leader sounds like a nightmare in its own right, but Smallstar disappearing in the middle of all this…" Adderdawn shook his head to refocus and blinked up. "Good luck, whatever those hollow words are worth. I wish I could say I have faith in you, but," his lips drew into a taut grimace, "it wouldn't feel right. Impersonal. Which brings me to this: the life of presence."

Gathering his breath, Adderdawn finally picked himself up, standing tall with his chest full and shoulders pushed back. "I can count the Clanmates I knew on one paw. The grief of always being just a step away from our Clan's pervasive tragedy was irrecoverable for me." Adderdawn's tail twitched across the still grass, and he had to bite his tongue briefly to quell the resurgence of bitter thoughts before continuing. "Others gave me this advice more times than I cared to hear, but being that I can only see worth in hindsight, I'll give it to you and hope it adapts better to you. Whatever consumes you, don't let it separate you. Live with your lungs burning from the thrill.

"And Tigerdance… I hope you understand how important my advice is. How vital it is to leadership."
Adderdawn's eyes hardened, and the iron-sweet taste of blood grew thick in the air. Red leaked from wounds unseen beneath the dense collar of stars around his throat. "If one warrior drowns in themself, you lose one set of working paws to twenty others still able. If that happens to you, you create a bidless war, and have to account for the sudden accumulation of four dead." Without more warning, Adderdawn leans in to press his nose to Tigerdance. The force moving between them exchanges in a slow ebb, hot and sore and pulsing in the veins. Adderdawn is sure it'd give him a headache, if he could feel it, and for another reason he can't manage to pity the tabby.

The blood had shocked the striped tom, but he didn’t have too much time to process the sight as the words filled his mind, followed by the slow burning pain that covered his body. The pain radiated from his throat, causing a pulsing in his head. This.. this was so much worse than all of the others. Is this what Adderdawn had felt in his final moments? What any of them felt?

Tigerdance gritted his teeth, trying to bare through the pain that seemed to last forever, but was over in a matter of seconds, leaving the striped tom panting, gasping for air as the pain receded. Green eyes looked up to the other tom, making a silent promise to take the tom’s advice to heart.

When he leans away, Adderdawn nods briskly and says, "Be apart of the Clan you lead. Don't let the mistakes of self-obsessed or despairing predecessors become your own." He starts to turn, life granted and statement made, but Adderdawn falters before he can depart. Though he doesn't lift his attention to face Tigerdance again, he raises his voice in quiet encouragement: "WindClan deserves to know what a good leader looks like, finally. Do your best for them." before ducking to disappear with another soothing gust of air.

Following up Adderdawn’s disappearance was the softer of the two brothers. One moment Flutterpetal’s smudge of dark fur had been faraway, and the next moment he was right in front of Tigerdance, regarding him with sincere green eyes. Stars twinkled in the depths of his velvety midnight-black pelt. It had been a while since he’d talked to a WindClan cat. He had never hated his Clan, especially after all the hardships they had gone through. But he couldn’t deny that he had never trusted them again after Batsong. Tigerdance had seemed like an okay enough cat--he’d had Brackenwing’s approval, if nothing else. But was he ready to be leader?

Flutterpetal’s gaze was gentler than Adderdawn’s, but it was still appraising as he sized up the taller tabby. ”It’s been hard,” he meowed finally. ”All of this. One thing after another. That’s how it always is, isn’t it? And now Smallstar gone... and you left in his place. I know you must be feeling overwhelmed.” Had he ever talked to Tigerdance when they’d both been alive? He couldn’t recall doing so. How awkward this must be. Still, his voice was mild and quiet, not carrying the demanding harshness of Adderdawn’s righteous demands. Like a greenleaf breeze after a leaf-bare storm. ”Adder is right. WindClan is going to need you at your best for this, Tigerdance. You can’t pull away in grief, or in confusion, or any other emotion. This isn’t to say that you aren’t allowed to feel--but from now on, your Clanmates must be your highest priority. Not your pride. Do you understand?”

The WindClan warrior looked as he had in life, aside from the gleaming stars set into his fur. However, for a moment, a red slash on his throat emerged visibly. ”WindClan has been set adrift recently,” he said, his voice growing more solemn. ”Though we are no longer on the verge of war, ever since making an enemy of ShadowClan and ending any neutrality with RiverClan, ThunderClan and SkyClan, we have been on a lonely course. But with everything else going on, you can no longer attempt this completely on your own. Not that you need to have allies--don’t rush into anything like Shrikestar did. But you need to reach better terms with the others. Keeping to yourself will not help your Clan survive this illness, this journey. You will need cooperation from the other Clans. And so, you will need to forgive them for their wrongs... and hope that they are willing to forgive you the same.” His tail swept over his paws, and the wound on his throat seemingly sealed up back to invisibility. ”But none of this would have been necessary if Batsong and Shrikestar had shown mercy.”

Though Flutterpetal spoke kindly, there was an undeniable honesty that drove itself into Tigerdance’s heart. ”All cats do wrong, Tigerdance. None are perfect. I did things that I am ashamed of myself for, during my days alive on the moors. Who is one imperfect cat to judge another?” Light green eyes reflected, the color of newleaf grass. ”Of course, a leader will need to judge anyway. But sometimes the most important judgment to make... is not to judge at all. Is to judge with an understanding heart and an empathetic mind. Does that make sense?” Flutterpetal stepped forward, closer to the deputy, enough that a single movement would send them into physical contact.

”I give you this life for mercy. When you involve yourself in the lives of others, do so with patience and understanding. Think twice before exile, before prophecy, before announcement. Think before claws or before justice. And most of all, put yourself into the paws of the accused, and think how you would like to be judged.”

Flutterpetal leaned forward, touching his small black nose to Tigerdance’s. The former deputy found himself thrust once more into the night of that awful Gathering--cats screaming at each other, claws unsheathed, chaos reigning in a sky of stormy clouds and shouted insults. Though it was only an illusion, it felt terribly real. It made Tigerdance ache to his very center as if every word, every attack, were directed solely at him. But then time seemed to rewind. It went back. Claws were sheathed again. Batsong backed away from the Great Rock. The leaders stood and talked civilly. And the further back it went, the more the pain faded, until the clearing was perfectly still and the agony melted away. The shade of Shrikestar offered a civil nod to Nightstar, who returned the gesture. Then the full moon set and the night dissipated, leaving Tigerdance once again in the crowd of stars.

For the first time since speaking to the former deputy, Flutterpetal smiled. ”Good luck, Tigerdance. I wish you every happiness.” Then he turned his back on Tigerdance and stepped away, green eyes once again seeking out his brother.

The next form to come from the stars approached slowly, hesitantly. Twice Amberstone looked back at something, seemed to question whether or not she should go forward. Alas, she did go forward. She approached with a deep breath to steady her nerves and her tail slowly curled upward from a low position until there was only a slight kink at the tip.

”Hello Tigerdance.” she said, sounding far more confident than she felt. ”I am Amberstone, and I grant you the life of Fun. It might seem silly, but an overworked mind is no good to anyone. Leadership is stressful, so whenever you can, make time to do something that brings you joy. Sometimes taking a step back from something can make the solution to a problem more clear. Lead well, but remember to have fun, even in the worst of times. Your clan will appreciate it too.”

As Amberstone touched her nose to his, the experience was vastly different from the others. Gone was the pain of the past few lives, instead it was replaced with the unending joy of a kit playing with a mossball. Apprentices sparring with each other with no limits on what they could do. A small warmth filled him. A warmth akin to watching Mink as a kit. The joy he felt watching her explore for the first time filled him now. A reminder of the fun he had had in the past. A reminder of what life could be. Of what life should be every so often.

Amberstone looked behind her again, and whatever invisible force was there must have given her some sign of approval. She smiled, feeling more confident. She returned her gaze to Tigerdance, gave him a warm look, then padded away. She vanished into the stars, relieved that she had given her first life well.

The starry scenery shifted in a nauseating way, seemingly unable to choose between the reflective pools of the ShadowClan marshlands or the slick, glossy rectangle of a Twoleg den - both destinations being favorite spots of a tom who valued his free time. They fought one another until they finally reached an agreement to settle on the deep marshlands, a beautifully pale calico pelt standing out in stark contrast to the dark and muddy surroundings. Somehow, his fluffy fur was spotless, save for the fine dusting of stars that grew thicker as the moons passed. On closer inspection, emerald eyes seemed to be fixated on his own reflection, his head tilting every which way to catch himself at every angle. There was not a single care in that beautiful head of his. "I'm not going to congratulate you on climbing the ladder. In fact, I think you're a fool." Other than his mouth, Batswarm never moved an inch. Never once turning to look away from the reflection that flirted with him to meet Tigerdance's olive gaze. Of course he knew who the tom was! Who here didn't know when a new leader was chosen? It was a big event; one that Batswarm didn't care to be a part of. He was busy. They should have bothered Moondancer instead - something that made his whiskers twitch in a cheeky smile just thinking about how much she might hate that. Speaking of Moondancer, she had been there that night on the WindClan border. Two ShadowClan lives had been lost that night in exchange for two WindClan lives. To everyone involved, it was a very unfair exchange. Pitiful. Useless. At least Batswarm could have lived happily-ever-after in a luxuriously different world had he left the night before the skirmish on the WindClan border. Had he just said no and never looked back. Had he put aside the feeling of guilt at the thought of letting his family down for not agreeing to be a part of a quarrel that wasn't even his.

Tearing himself away from his reflection, the young ShadowClanner finally got to his paws to meet the former WindClan deputy head on. He stopped mere paw-steps away, a grimace on his face as he leaned in to touch his nose to a cat he had never met in neither his waking life, nor in his new star-filled one. Even in death he still couldn't stand touching others.

As soon as his nose met the tabby's, a feeling of overwhelming anxiety poured from Batswarm into Tigerdance. Ever so briefly - like a nightmare - warm blood pooled at their feet, and the muted colors of his calico pelt became stained with blood from a wound around his throat, the sparkling jewels he had for eyes suddenly dull and lifeless. A warning to an untimely death for those who didn't listen to their hearts and choose the path of least resistance - a path that could have saved their own life, or many others, had they just taken a moment to themselves. And just like that, the nightmare was gone and the airy feeling of freedom took over. "With this life, I give you Respite. What use is being alive when you can't even take the time to enjoy it? Your new life as leader of WindClan will always be filled with endless responsibilities, so don't forget to pause every now and again to take in the world around you, and never feel guilty for taking time for yourself. It could very well be your last. Don't work yourself into an early grave."

A tom of few words, Batswarm had nothing else to say. Returning to his muddy mirrors, his scene faded away.

Making his way over to the red tabby after his fellow StarClanner’s, one of WindClan’s former deputies was next in line to provide some wisdom. While in his past life he would’ve been the least qualified to share any sort of knowledge with his clan’s future leader, his time among the stars had aided him in finding some sort of peace and harmony with himself, as well as his transgressions. Dipping his head in greeting, the slender, dark gray and white tom stood before Tigerdance, his amber gaze unwavering from the deputy’s. He hadn’t given any-cat a life in some time, but it hadn’t taken long for him to decide on what he wanted to share, seeing as though it was based on his own past experiences.

”Tigerdance,” he cleared his throat before speaking, his star-covered tail swinging peacefully back and forth. ”I’m sure the others have told you already, but being a leader is a long and forever winding path.” Though he hadn’t been named a leader during his lifetime, watching so many others follow in his mother’s pawsteps had been more than interesting to watch, and he’d certainly learned a thing or two. ”I suppose I’ll get straight to the point,” the tom mewed before taking a breath, his long whiskers twitching with anticipation. ”With this life, I give you rationality. You’ll come across many difficult cats, clan-dwelling or not, friend or foe, and while it may seem easiest to turn your nose or even wage war upon those who don’t meet such ideals in which you uphold, be sure to listen to your head and not your heart, for what we dwell on is what we become,” he continued, his voice becoming more soft and filled with longing as he went on. ”Do not let your emotions cloud your judgment. Being rational is the beginning of wisdom, not the end. I promise.”

Tigerdance didn’t know what to expect with this life. Everything he had received so far was so different with different feelings, and visions. Though something different happened this time. It wasn’t too noticeable, but he no longer felt the lingering effects from the other lives. He felt calm, collected. At ease for the first time since this ceremony started, but unlike the others, as quickly as it started, the feeling faded, leaving the tall tom longing for the feeling to come back.

With that, the stoic former WindClanner turned and began to walk away, though he slowed his pace to a stop. He wasn’t much for conversations, but supposed that he had time to spare one more wish for the tom. ”Good luck,” Smokepelt mewed with a firm dip of his head, his maw holding the slightest smile though it faded quickly. Turning back towards the stars, he disappeared into them, leaving only his words and a faint trail of stardust to remember him by.

The final cat to approach Tigerdance was a wiry she-cat, pale fur and soft tabby markings framing light blue eyes. Her expression was one of kindness, and while Windclan’s seemingly endless troubles worried her greatly, she did not show it here as she stepped forward with a smile.
"Hello, Tigerdance," She mewed, "You won’t know me, but I am Brackenwing’s mother. She walks the forest still, and considers you family even if she had her differences with the clan. I think she’d be proud to see where you stand now." And maybe more than a little terrified, as Swiftspirit thought any mother would be when faced with the idea of their child becoming a clan leader.
"I gave a life of clear judgment to Shrikestorm, and duty to your predecessor. Both things I thought they needed." She began, "I stand before you now to do much the same. Windclan leadership has been tumultuous recently, even before Shrikestar. Not the most inspiring, and I don’t envy the paws you now must fill. I could repeat the lives I have already granted, but these are things you know in your heart already. You saw through Shrikestorm’s clouded eyes, you stepped up when Smallstar called on you to do so, and even before." Oh, she had watched that skirmish with Riverclan in disapproval. Tigerdance had been a pleasant surprise in what could have ended in yet more disaster. "You’ve done well." She added.

Swiftspirit took a breath, and spoke again. "With this life I give you confidence." With that, she stepped forward, pressing her nose to Tigerdance’s. "The responsibility that has been laid across your shoulders is not one many of your predecessors have worn well. You have seen what happens when clans lose confidence in their leaders – The clan managed to lose two elders. And you’ve seen what happens when the stars do as well. And I do hope that will be the last time in a while." Stripping a leader of their lives, violence during what should have been sacred peace that should have been avoided... It had been disappointing. Smallstar’s untimely disappearance nearly as disappointing. "Smallstar was on his way to building the confidence that the clan needed, but his disappearance has left the clan vulnerable while leadership changes and settles. When you act, do it with confidence. Not just in yourself, but in your clan. They need a leader who will be certain of their decisions and their abilities, just as you will need them to be confident in your ability to guide them through whatever comes." She hoped that Windclan would find the stability it so desperately needed, even if the forest was thrown into chaos seemingly every leafbare.

As he gained the last life, Tigerdance could feel something burning under his fur. It wasn’t painful. Instead it felt the same as it did when he faced down Riverclan. A desire for change, a desire to face every challenge head on, but at the same time knowing when to back away at the same time. A sureness to know exactly what needed to be done no matter the circumstances. The feeling disappeared as he heard Swiftsprirt speak again.
"Now I hail you as Tigerstar, leader of Windclan Your old life is no more. May you live each of your new lives with dignity and to the fullest, and protect Windclan from those who would do it harm." She mewed, and with the formalities over, Swiftspirit stepped forward, tail lightly touching the newly-named leader’s shoulder. "May the next time we meet be long into the future. Lead them well, Tigerstar."

Tigerdance, no Tigerstar could hear the cheers as the dream began to fade. The respective voices of Starclan rejoicing for the new Windclan leader, filling the tom with pride, and grateful to get advice from all of the former warriors. With everything that happened over the moons he had been alive, he wasn’t going to forget any of their advice anytime soon, especially the impression they had left on him.

As the tom awoke, he felt rested for the first time in a while. His first time sleeping without a coughing fit to wake him up, or a fever that kept him awake. No longer did sickness cling to his body and slow him down. Though some of the effects lingered, nothing impacted him like it did before, and he couldn’t imagine a better way to finally fully start his leadership. Healed, and granted his nine lives. Maybe things were finally looking up for Windclan, but first.

The leader looked over to where Daisyfang sat. ”Hey.” His voice didn’t croak like it did before, it was steady and strong like it used to be. ”It’s Tigerstar now.” He said with a big grin on his maw.

(Special thanks to Holly, Grey, Ash, Down, Fly, Tara, Ice, and KJ for writing up lives for this ceremony.)

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony   Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Tigerdance's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1