Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

let yourself be swept away [closed; training]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Empty
PostSubject: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 20:38

Mistflower had woken early, retrieving her apprentice before setting out. She was hopeful that by starting so early, they wouldn't run into anyone else when she explained their makeshift borders; she had felt nervous enough venturing anywhere near them in the forest, where everything was clearly defined. Here, where everything felt comparatively hazy and somewhat undecided, she felt as if she were trying to avoid stepping on sharp-shattered rocks at the edge of the creek.

"We'll start with a tour of the territory, if that's okay with you. Um, but I don't know it all that well myself... I try to stay close, most of the time. So we'll be learning together, too!"

Stars. Would Honeypaw think she wasn't knowledgeable enough to be a good teacher? Was she knowledgeable enough to be a good teacher? She was good at simple things, like worrying about Stoneheart and playing in the snow and finding pretty trinkets to bring home. How could she ever teach someone to be a good warrior?

"Normally we'd be exploring the forest instead, but... This is our home for now. So, are you ready to get started?"

you never had a chance, you know (incurable romantics never do) —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 19:46

Honeypaw

Honeypaw had not slept the greatest. Images from her adventures with Brackenpaw the night before still flashed in her mind, and she'd had a fitful, fleeting sleep once the pair had returned to camp. Honeypaw blinked sleep from her eyes as she was woken by her mentor, Mistflower, and followed her wearily out of the camp.

The whole world around her felt like a blur. Am I still dreaming? she idled. The forest looked much different during the daytime, less... imposing. The sun lit up the snow and turned the area into a brilliant and dazzling spectacle.

As she padded after Mistflower, she perked her ears and listened intently as the she-cat spoke.
"I would love a tour of our borders," Honeypaw responded politely, her tail raising in a mixture of anticipation and excitement. "I'm ready!" she mewed eagerly. I think, she added silently. Her growing anxiety felt like cold leafbare claws tightening their grip on her stomach. She swallowed them back and set her wide, blue eyes on the path ahead of them.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 11:49

"Okay." Mistflower started them off at a slow, steady pace; while she was starting to get used to their temporary home, she didn't know this territory nearly as well as SkyClan's section of the forest. A moon or two of experience couldn't compare with a lifetime, though, so she supposed it was to be expected. "Let's start with WindClan. They're over on this side," she explained, gesturing with her tail to the general vicinity of the borders. "I don't want us to get caught up in any conflicts, so we'll keep a bit of distance from the actual borders, okay?"

She led them to the lakeshore within viewing distance of the border with WindClan, looking out over the water to the opposite end.

"What do you know about WindClan, Honeypaw? I'm sure you've heard stories."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 21:26

Honeypaw

Honeypaw trailed after and listened to her mentor, silently, attentively. She winced as she imagined the clashing bodies of cats, spilling blood and ripping fur. She nodded her agreement. I would like to avoid a confrontation too, she silently agreed.

The lake was beautiful, clear and pristine, a perfect reflection of the dawn sky above. The horizon and the lake seemed to blend together. The view took her breath away. "It's beautiful," she murmured. "It looks like it goes on forever. There's so much water!" She shivered as the breeze picked up, bringing the chilling lake air rustling through her fur. She was so used to the shelter of the trees that she felt exposed out on the shore with the wind in her fur, exposed to the sky.

Her attention snapped back to Mistflower as she asked her about her WindClan knowledge. She thought hard for a second, thinking back to what she had heard the warriors and the elders gossiping about throughout her kithood. Her tail twitched thoughtfully before she finally answered, "WindClan are known to be fast runners, so they chase rabbits on the open moor. But they also claim to be closest to StarClan, so they are arrogant." She looked at her mentor for approval. "Oh, and they also don't know how to mind their own business," she added, her huge blue eyes blinking innocently. "That's what I've heard."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 12:15

"Well, I wouldn't say any of that to them," Mistflower mused. "Then again, I don't say much of anything to anyone outside of SkyClan." Or in SkyClan, most of the time. She was quiet whenever she wasn't talking to her sister or one of the few cats she considered friends, or playing with kits. "But from what I've seen, you're not wrong. Maybe they've changed, though? It's been quieter."

That Gathering had been a disaster. It was why even now, moons later, she typically chose to stay home.

As she was lost in her own thoughts, the warrior's tail brushed over the snow, some stubborn flakes sticking and settling on her fur.

"Their leader disappeared on the journey here, so their deputy has been in charge, I think... What's his name, again? Tigerdance? That sounds right."

She led them along the lakeside after that, waving across with her snow-dusted tail and trying to remain both positive and neutral as they walked.

"Over there's RiverClan and ShadowClan. Have you learned anything about them? Back in the forest, we share borders with both."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 18:05

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's whiskers twitched with amusement when her mentor reacted to her answer. It was easier to talk to this warrior than any of the others in the clan, and she was happy to have been paired together with her.

As they reached the lake and looked out across it, Honeypaw thought back to the stories she'd heard from the elders.
"Hmmm," she pondered, "The cold wind blows over the hearts of ShadowClan," she recalled. "They are sneaky and cunning cats. Oh, and they eat lizards." Her nose crinkled up at that, imagining the scaly texture across her tongue. "And RiverClan eat fish and can swim in the river, but that's all I know about them." Honeypaw quite liked this little trivia lesson about the other clans. It made her think about all the elders' tales and gossip around camp.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 13:58

Mistflower listened intently, taking in her apprentice's thoughts on the other Clans; stopping some distance away from their other lakeside border. "What I remember hearing, when I was young, is that RiverClan cats are proud. Maybe it's because they can swim? I don't know, really. Their leader is Perchstar. When there's another Gathering, you'll get to see all of the leaders and deputies and medicine cats, but it's a lot of names to keep track of. I just try and recognize the leaders."

Her nose twitched. "ShadowClan are thought of as cunning, yes. From what I recall, they're also ambitious and resourceful. Their leader is named Leopardstar."

She gestured her tail out to the other border. "Lastly, there's ThunderClan. We share a border with them in the forest, too, so you've probably heard at least a little bit about them."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 9:41

Honeypaw

Honeypaw listened intently as her mentor spoke. Wow, she thought, she knows so much! Honeypaw couldn't imagine remembering so many things about the clans outside of her own. It all felt like so much. She nodded.

"So... Tigerdance is the leader of WindClan, Perchstar is the leader of RiverClan, and Leopardstar is the leader of ShadowClan," she repeated, trying to commit the information to memory. "Mistflower," she prompted, "What is a perch?" Honeypaw knew about the great clan cats of ancient times, the tiger and leopard, but she had never heard of a perch.

She followed behind Mistflower as she led her apprentice closer to the ThunderClan border. These cats live under the shelter of branches too, she realized. At least that makes sense. Her tail twictched as she tried to recall what she'd heard about their neighboring clan.

"Ummm..." she hesitated. "I've heard that ThunderClan thinks they're brave. They're proud, maybe even a little arrogant. And they take in kittypets, so they're soft-hearted." Honeypaw remembered the elders gossiping about ThunderClan's reputation for taking kittypets into their clan back in their forest home because they're close to a twolegplace. Whatever that is.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 21:55

Mistflower flicked her tail. "Well, birds perch in the trees, and sometimes we do, too... But Perchstar is RiverClan, they don't really have trees. It might be some kind of fish-related thing? I don't know a lot about fish, just that they're pretty when the sunlight hits the water a certain way. We border the river in the forest, but mostly when I wanted to look at the water I stayed by the creek... Once we're home, I'll show you. It's lovely at night."

She stifled a laugh at Honeypaw's description of ThunderClan. It wouldn't do to make a bad impression. "That sounds like what I remember hearing, mostly. That they're brave, but sometimes arrogant and brash as a result."

The warrior tilted her head, observing her apprentice with clear curiosity. "So! Now you know the rest of the Clans, and where they are; at least for now. Do you think that's enough learning for now, or do you want to keep going? If you're tired, we can stop to rest--we're not in any rush. After all, you've got your entire apprenticeship ahead of you."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyFri 2 Feb 2024 - 19:39

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's eyes glittered at the prospect of spending more time with Mistflower in the comfort of their own territory. "Yes, please!" she agreed, trying to imagine what fish, or even a river, looked like. All she had known her whole life was the lake and their little portion of the forest. "I want you to show me everything at the forest, Mistflower," she purred. This tour had shown her that the she-cat was to be trusted, and Honeypaw quite liked her. The tone of Mistflower's voice and the look in her eyes when she mentioned how she thought fish were pretty made Honeypaw feel that perhaps they had more in common than she ever thought could be possible.

Her mentor's question brought her back from her thoughts.
"Oh, no!" she blurted out, taking a step back. Clearly embarassed, she wiped one paw over her face. "I mean - I had a lot of fun exploring with you. Isn't there anything else we can do before we go back?" She lowered herself into her best crouch and tried stalking forward. "I told Harekit I would bring him back my first prey." She wiggled her hindquarters and pounced forward, landing square on a leaf. "Gotcha!" she yowled in mock-victory, rolling onto her side and scrabbling at it in the bracken.

She paused, realizing now how kit-like it was for her to be hunting... a leaf, especially after the owl she and Bracken had returned to camp with this morning. I'm being rabbit-brained! she fretted, and got to her paws, shaking out her long, fluffy golden coat and blinking away the dust with a sneeze.

"M-maybe we can hunt some real prey," she mewed, her pale blue eyes gazing hopefully up at her mentor.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptySun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:04

Mistflower purred, flattered by her apprentice's praise. She was glad that she'd been paired with someone who seemed to share at least some of her perspective; and it was fun to hear what she'd learned so far.

At her outburst, Mistflower tried to stifle a laugh. "We can stay as long as you like, Honeypaw. I just thought you might be tired." Her tail swished over the snow again, tiny flakes sticking to her fur. "I'm enjoying spending time with you, too. If you ever want to go out again, even outside of training, just ask. Okay? But there's lots of things we can do."

She purred happily as Honeypaw pounced on a leaf, though the apprentice seemed embarrassed as soon as she realized what she was doing. "Of course we can. I usually try to bring back prey when I go out anyway, since I've managed to not get sick. And feathers, and any other pretty things I can surprise my sister with. Since she can't come out with me, I bring the things I find back to her."

A nearby dove caught her eye, and she focused on the scent; falling into a hunting crouch and moving forward slowly. When she'd closed enough distance, she pounced; just barely trapping the bird beneath her paws, killing it quickly.

"I'm glad I caught it," she admitted to Honeypaw. "I used to be terrified of hunting."

Much softer, she murmured her thanks to the bird for its life.

Mistflower attempted to catch a Bird, costing 5 SP!
115/120 SP remaining

✿ kiikko

Last edited by Holly on Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15049

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptySun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:04

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Mistpe10
let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 9:09

OOC: This is very interesting that Mistflower told Honeypaw she used to be terrified of hunting, and this happens before Honeypaw realizes she has a problem with it herself.
Edit: Oh my god.... I can't believe I rolled a 10. HELP. SHE LITERALLY JUST FOUGHT AN OWL LAST NIGHT. WHY IS HER LUCK SO BAD.

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's mouth gaped as her mentor spoke of her sister.
"You have a sister, Mistflower?" she asked. "It is really kind of you to think about her while you're out on patrol." Honeypaw's heart swelled with affection and respect for her like-minded mentor. We both have siblings that are too sick to hunt, she realized.

She watched as Mistflower's attention locked onto distant prey. She lowered herself into a crouch in an attempt to blend in and try not to scare it off as she observed her mentor stalk forward and expertly end the bird's life. Her swift, sure-pawed movements made it look so easy!

I used to be terrified of hunting, she had said.
"Really?" Honeypaw asked with a tilt of her head. "Why so?" She stepped forward to curiously sniff the bird and visibly flinched away as the metallic scent of blood flooded her nostrils. It reminded her of the owl last night, of Brackenpaw's wounds, and something else, stirring a distant memory she couldn't quite put her paw on. Her stomach twisted. Not this again, she thought, stepping away with a paw over her snout and wrinkling her nose.

"I... umm, suppose I should give it a try," she mewed, shaking off the feeling and turning away from Mistflower. The she-cat had certainly seen her reaction already, unfortunately, but Honeypaw tried to play it off. Pretend that didn't happen, she willed herself. I must have had some bad freshkill. She put her nose to the air, opening her mouth to draw in the scents of the forest. Her senses honed in on some distant movement in the brush. Her attention snapped toward the swaying fern, from which underneath carried the scent of mouse to her jaws. Excitedly, Honeypaw scooted forward through the woods.

Just as she was about to pounce, the mouse darted... the wrong way. Movement of a much larger creature shook the bush in front of her and the tiny mouse skittered between her paws. Honeypaw gasped as a pair of eyes gleamed back at her. That's not prey.

Honeypaw attempted to catch the mouse, but rolled a 10, summoning a predator encounter!

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Mon 5 Feb 2024 - 9:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15049

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 9:09

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Mistpe10
let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 17:17

Mistflower purred, always glad for the chance to speak of her sister. "Yes. Stoneheart. She's one of the ones suffering most from the illness--she keeps telling me I shouldn't sit by her side, but I haven't gotten sick yet, so I haven't stopped. I'd like to think she'd do the same for me, if I were in her place."

She frowned at the memory of her first brushes with hunting and danger respectively, but she didn't want to lie or brush it off completely. "When I was very young, the forest was overrun by Twolegs. The first time I tried to hunt, I was caught in one of their traps--Stormwatcher saved me that day."

As Honeypaw attempted to catch something of her own, the warrior spotted the eyes glinting in the bush, and momentarily froze.

"Honeypaw, look out--!"

This warning came too late, talons striking her apprentice, and Mistflower wasted no time leaping forward in defense.

Owl used Talon Strike on Honeypaw, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 SP!
Mistflower used Leap-and-Hold on the Owl, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 SP! Owl is pinned for 2 turns!

Owl [Pinned]
22/30 HP (-8)
80/90 SP (-10)

Honeypaw
11/20 HP (-9)
60/60 SP

Mistflower
50/50 HP
105/120 SP (-15)

✿ kiikko

Last edited by Holly on Mon 5 Feb 2024 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let yourself be swept away [closed; training]   let yourself be swept away [closed; training] Empty

Back to top Go down

let yourself be swept away [closed; training]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next