Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] Empty
PostSubject: frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]   frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 19:43

Leopardstar's illness had started earlier than most, and even when it spread across the Clans she'd brushed it off; it hadn't been too debilitating. And then it had gotten worse and worse, and nothing she tried seemed to fix it. She could count on her own four paws the warrior-aged cats that seemed to be doing well. She was grateful that Sablestrike was among them: despite the doubts she'd once had, he had proven reliable; and as she struggled through each day she'd found herself leaning on him more and more.

Still, neither of them could be in every place at once, and some things were better suited to one or the other.

There was no cure for this illness, or at least none that they knew. Her only consolation, bitter as it was, was that it wasn't only ShadowClan that was suffering: had that been the case, she would have felt solidly convinced that StarClan had a personal grudge against the marsh-dwellers.

In the forest, before the frost, she had slept outside for some time: avoiding the leader's den because she didn't want to live separately from her Clanmates, and avoiding the warrior's den to allow Echomist his space. Snowfoot had invited her to share the elder's den, and when the weather started to grow colder she had accepted.

And then Snowfoot fell ill, and the rats attacked, and she had died.

And Leopardstar had returned to sleeping outside.

She hadn't done that since they left the forest; instead remaining close to the rest of her Clanmates for warmth, and joining them in the makeshift dens they'd constructed in their temporary home.

But now, returned from a lackluster attempt at hunting, she found she didn't have the energy left to stumble toward a warm nest. She hardly had the energy to finish the coughing fit that had started as she arrived.

Instead, she curled up in the snow, feeling a curious heat despite the chill. Not warm, but burning; not chasing away the cold, but exacerbating it.

Somehow, she couldn't bring herself to move, even as she felt her conscious awareness slipping away.

And under the gaze of the distant stars, her dark-spotted fur dusted by the seemingly endless snowfall, her peacefully resting form fell lifeless for the first time.

8/9 Lives Remaining

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]   frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 11:26

HoneylightStarclan

”Leo.”

When Leopardstar’s eyes opened again, there was a different kind of warmth around her than the false heat that had lulled her into sleep. A familiar, broad, and dark brown form is curled up against her side, loud, rumbling purrs a comforting sound as Honeylight groomed his best friend; as if they were still apprentices sharing tongues in camp, as if Honeylight’s pelt wasn’t shining with stars and Leopardstar’s shoulders weren’t bowing under the weight of responsibility.

The two were curled up in a field of stars, surrounded on all sides by the same shining lights that shimmered in Honeylight’s fur, far from the cold, snowy ground that Leopardstar had collapsed in. When Leopardstar met honey gold eyes, her best friend offered her a smile that was as sad as it was sweet. “What’d I tell you, Leo?” He asked her softly. His tone was scolding, but he sounded more worried than anything else. “You lost a life.”

“You can’t keep going at this all on your own. Especially not at a time like this.” Honeylight pressed his face into Leopardstar’s side, providing her a place to rest as she floated between life and death. “I know things are more than hard right now. I can't promise you it'll get any easier any time soon. But you’re only hurting yourself, and your clanmates, if you refuse to ask for help. You've gotta take care of yourself. I hate seeing you burn yourself out like this, Leo.”

Honeylight lifts his head to look at Leopardstar directly again. “Please remember what I told you. Please give yourself a little more love; if not for yourself, then for those who love you. I know you’re doing everything you can. I’m still watching over you; we all are. You’re not alone in this, no matter how lonely it may feel. I promise.”

Honeylight gave Leopardstar a final, affectionate lick between her ears. “Come on,” He said softly. “I know you’re tired. I wish we could rest here together a lot longer. But you’ve still got a lot of life left, Leo. You gotta get up again. You’ve got to keep going. Remember it’s never too late to try again. And please, look out for yourself. The way I wanna look out for you; the way you used to look out for me, and the way you still look out for them.”

Even as the field of stars faded away as Leopardstar returned to her body, Honeylight stayed pressed close until he too faded from view.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1252

PostSubject: Re: frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]   frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 13:06

Sablestrike had known something was wrong with his leader for a while now. That first day he had seen Leopardstar coughing on their trip here had never left the back of the tom's mind, but he knew how resilient she was. This was a cat that worked herself past the point of exhaustion every day and did the same the next day, this was a cat that hunted predators. She was fierce, but it had seemed that ferocity had been dulled by the sickness. It was stifling in a way, to see Leopardstar growing weaker and not being able to help. His participation in any hunting patrol he could be a part of and keeping an eye out for herbs was the extent of what he could do, but at least that would mean Leopardstar wouldn't need to worry about feeding her clan. That was what he had hoped, not what had happened.

The tom let out a low hiss as he saw his leader shambling back to camp. Even in sickness Leopardstar preferred to work herself near to death. Could that even be seen as inspiring, or was it just stupid? Rising from his place in camp the deputy began stalking toward Leopardstar. In a few steps the leader's coughing stopped, a few more and she had found a place for herself in the snow, not a very bright idea on her part. "Get up." The tom barked, though as he got closer to the large molly something began feeling off. Sablestrike's pelt began to crawl, an odd heat seeping below into his muscles as he slowly realized that his leader's pelt was no longer rising. Heartbeats passed and no signs of returning life came to the molly. This was like the time with Nighstalker, right? It hadn't seemed like that tom would ever regain consciousness but he had, the same would happen for Leopardstar. He just had to wait. Wait. More heartbeats, hundreds, and still no sign of movement. Worry began trickling into the tom's mind, and with it a dash of fear. Trying, and ultimately failing to keep his voice steady and calm, the tom called out. "Heatherberry! Come quickly, Leopardstar needs you!"

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] Output12                   frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] Output10                          frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]   frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan] Empty

Back to top Go down

frozen in the darkest moment [OPEN to shadowclan]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: