Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] Empty
PostSubject: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 13:29

The camp laid completely silent except for rare interruptions by a soft snore that originated from one of the other makeshift dens. A delicate layer of frost adorned the camp, causing it to shimmer silver under the moonlit night of Leaf-bare.

The night air clung to Cloudykit's pelt as she emerged from the nursery. She looked back at her resting family with a soft smile before stepping out into the clearing. She padded a few tail lengths away from the nursery before sitting down, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws.

She looked up at the vast Silverpelt, spread thick across the sky. She reflected on everything she had heard about its beauty. The importance of Silverpelt. WindClan's connection to StarClan. Hailstorm being the brightest star in the night sky. She felt a pang in her chest, having abrupt thoughts about concerns presented due to her eye and her future.

With her apprentice ceremony approaching, she wasn't even sure if she was going to be allowed to be a warrior. She wasn't even sure if she was going to be allowed to go to StarClan. She felt so oddly alienated from her family and clanmates. The overprotectiveness from Morningmoon, the odd prying questions out of concern, and watching Galekit make friends so easily in comparison to her. She cringed - she loved him so deeply and felt so much guilt for her jealousy.

"Silverpelt, Hailstorm - can you see me?" She called out to the StarClan cats above, yearning for a sign. Anything. "I... I wonder if I will ever join you. As a warrior. I can't see the night sky like the other cats. Will you accept me?" She added after waiting a few seconds, her voice cracking.

Her breath created clouds of mist in the air as she waited for a response, her eyes wide and unblinking. The silence seemed to amplify the weight of her questions.

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 18:03

Galekit

Galekit's heart sank as he stumbled upon the solitary figure of his sister, Cloudykit, beneath Silverpelt's starlit embrace. The ethereal glow of the stars above cast a gentle illumination on her fur, making her vulnerability more apparent. He hesitated for a moment, absorbing the weight of her unanswered questions hanging in the cold night air.

Approaching softly, Galekit chose his steps carefully, mindful not to startle her. "You shouldn't be worrying about joining Silverpelt just yet," meowed a familiar, yet soronous voice from behind Cloudykit. His voice, now deeper with the passage of time, carried a warmth born from sibling concern. Galekit stood behind his sister, gazing up at Silverpelt with her, and leaned forward to give her ears a couple of comforting licks. They had both grown in the previous moons, and surprisingly, Cloudykit had grown bigger than him, her fur much thicker than his own. He remembered always being the one there to comfort his sister, who seemed so tiny her first day out of the nursery. She has certainly matured, Galekit thought. How the times have changed.

"Of course Hailstorm sees you, and I am sure he is very proud of you," he murmured, "of both of his kits." He took a step forward and sat beside Cloudykit, concern sparkling in his eyes as he laid his tail over his sister's back and pressed closer to her to share his warmth. His voice lowered to a whisper as he added, "even if you can't see them as well. Cloudykit, you are not alone." It felt as though a thorn had dug its way into his chest. "You'll never be alone." He turned his head to rest his gaze on his sister, reflecting a mixture of empathy and understanding."Silverpelt may seem distant, but their light is always with us. You might not see them as the other cats do, but they guide you nonetheless. I am certain of it."

Leaning slightly, he nudged her gently with his muzzle, offering silent reassurance. "You don't need the night sky to be a warrior, Cloudykit. Your heart, your courage... those are the things that matter. And I believe Silverpelt sees that too. Hailstorm sees it. And the clan will see it too, one day." As the cold wind rustled their fur, Galekit continued, "We're family, and we'll face whatever comes together. No matter what, you're accepted here, with us, in WindClan. And one day, when the time is right, you'll be a warrior, strong and proud, just like you dream." His eyes glimmered with passionate determination as he looked at his sister, feeling ready to face the mysteries of the world together.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 20:11

Cloudykit's ear twitched as she heard the crackling footsteps in the frost. She glanced behind her when the familiar voice of her brother soon followed, her eyes wide and reflecting the shimmering beauty of Silverpelt. Ah. She had not realized she woke up her brother when she left the nursery, and she felt a soft pang of guilt he joined her in such a fragile state. The worry that clouded her eyes dissipated as Galekit spoke. I didn't expect you to be here, brother. The jealous thoughts she had about him previously made her feel like such a horrible cat.

"You've always been there for me, Galekit. You're a great brother and I love you." Cloudykit murmured, sniffing while trying to figure out how to formulate what she wanted to say. "It just... I... I want to be a warrior. I want us to be the best they've ever seen.." She trailed off, looking down at her paws. "I want to make Hailstorm proud. I'm just scared, Galekit. That I won't be able to prove myself. You'll be fine, but..."

She hushed. Galekit's words, much like his namesake, blew away some of the uncertainty that clouded her thoughts. She leaned into his nudge. The night felt less intimidating and scary with her brother by her side. She took a deep breath, the crisp air filling her lungs. The fact that Silverpelt could see her and that she couldn't fully see them felt like such a one-sided relationship. Are there blind cats in StarClan?

"You really think so?" She questioned him after his last statement, her voice cracking with hope and uncertainty. She glanced up from her paws to look at Silverpelt once more, looking for a sign - anything. Her gaze returned to Galekit after a few moments, looking for affirmation that he wasn't just trying to make her feel better.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 18:57

Galekit

Galekit took in a deep breath as he finished listening to his sister speak, his heart swelling with a mixture of love, concern, and determination. As she spoke of her fears and dreams, he couldn't help but feel a deep connection with his sister, recognizing the vulnerability in her voice. His eyes softened, mirroring the shimmering starlight above. He watched her gentle, searching gaze search Silverpelt for a moment before looking back at him. The depth of her hazel eyes revealed the intricate tapestry of her emotions.

Galekit's gaze remained steady, his expression one of unwavering support. "You will be a great warrior, Cloudykit," he assured her, his earnest voice carrying conviction. "I have no doubt about that. You have a heart full of courage, and that's what matters most. And together, we'll make sure Hailstorm's legacy lives on in WindClan. I see the strength in you, and I believe the clan will see it too. You'll prove yourself in your own time, in your own way. And no matter what, I'll be right there beside you, facing the challenges together."

Galekit couldn't help but steal a glance at Silverpelt, as if seeking a sign for his sister. "They see you," he murmured. "I'm sure of it. And I see you, and I believe in you. That's all that matters right now." His tail curled around her in a protective gesture, offering a silent promise that they would face the future as a united front, no matter what obstacles lay ahead.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 0:26

Cloudykit listened to his words intently. While a sense of comfort settled within her during their conversation, she couldn't shake the lingering unease. His assurances were kind and genuine, but the disparity between their aspirations dug at her. He navigated their shared dreams with ease - nearly effortlessly. In my own way. She thought.

She gazed at her brother with gratitude. His unwavering support meant everything to her. She found comfort in how he'd always be there with her. She felt deep, unwavering love for her brother. There was nothing that could break that. She longed for something in him that she wasn't able to find: someone who understood exactly what she was feeling and why. How could he? It was unfair. Despite her efforts, a flicker of doubt danced in her eyes. It was a silent plea for understanding.

"I know you believe in me, and that means a lot. At least you can tell me. I hope you know I believe in you, too." She mewed softly, turning her gaze back to Silverpelt. They wouldn't be able to tell me. I just have to believe, but what if I'm wrong?

A sigh escaped her. It was mixed with a balance of gratitude and the determination to keep up appearances, even to her brother. "As you said, let's make Hailstorm proud." Her voice carried a hint of resolve. "What do we do first?" She added, questioning how she could even do that. What is the true obstacle? What is the first challenge? She tried to distract herself with this prospect.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 19:26

Galekit

Galekit noticed a flicker of emotion cross Cloudykit's eyes as she watched him speak. Was that fear? Sadness? ...Doubt? If she doesn't believe me, he thought with determination, then I will just have to prove it to her, he decided. Then, he gave his sister a light, playful headbutt on the shoulder.

"Of course you do," Galekit meowed with a confident smirk, "I'm the best, most awesome brother in all the clans!" He puffed out his chest and raised his chin, attempting to look big and powerful. "In the whole world, actually," he corrected himself with a humorous gleam in his eye.

He glanced up at Silverpelt with his sister and mirrored her sigh. It was a lot for Galekit to take in, seeing his sister like this, knowing that she was hunted by these complicated feelings. With their sixth moon approaching, they would become apprentices soon. That's it! He hopped up at Cloudykit's question.

"We can make Hailstorm proud by becoming apprentices, and training really, really hard. We have to always do our absolute best. We can show them all that we're the greatest apprentices WindClan has ever seen!" Galepaw felt new energy surge through his pelt at the idea of becoming an apprentice. "We will make Morningmoon proud, Hailstorm will watch us from StarClan, and pretty soon the entire clan will know how great we are."

He held out his paw for his sister.
"And we'll do it together. Promise? Promise that we will train hard together when we're made apprentices." A sudden sharp seriousness flodded Galekit's gaze as he offered this promise to Cloudykit. He might not be able to ease her inner doubts, but he could do his best to try and motivate her and lift her spirits.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] EmptySat 6 Jan 2024 - 2:32

Cloudykit's heart warmed at her brother's playful gesture. His confidence in them was nearly a light that cut through the uncertainty that loomed ahead of her.

Galekit could not solve her problems. Ever. He is not StarClan, and he cannot speak for them. Nobody can. However, he can be an anchor for her through uncertainty. He can be the cat that listens, even if he doesn't truly understand. Just like he's doing now. She made the decision, right then, that she would never place these unrealistic expectations of understanding on Galekit ever again. He will never walk in her pawprints, but he will walk beside them, and he will always offer a useful perspective.

The moonstone can help me, though. She thought, remembering the stories Morningmoon would tell her while she was stuck in the nursery. Morningmoon had one of the most interesting stories when she visited the moonstone as Morningpaw! I still have some time before I have to worry about all that. That made her feel a little bit better. It'll be a later me problem. In the meantime, can't I enjoy this moment in the camp with my brother?

"Alright." She mewed. "You're the best brother in the world! I guess I'm just stuck with you, huh?" She teased, gently nudging him back.

"Promise." She affirmed, touching her paw to his. "We'll train hard together, and we will be the best WindClan cats. We'll decide the next step when we get there."

Obviously, her doubts didn't disappear entirely. But, that's not what made her feel better. Her brother was there for her, and the promise they made to each other was her new foundation of strength. They'll face any challenge together.

PostSubject: Re: Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]   Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Afterall, WindClan has the closest connection [C]
Page 1 of 1