Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 13:21

A decent sized squirrel was clutched between white tom's teeth as he crossed into Thunderclan territory. Even if he ran into a patrol, the loner was not worried. Most of the clan knew him by now. After he fought for them and lead a rescue for one of their warriors, Artemis had frequented the territory for conversation with the clan and to lend a paw on a couple of occasions. However, he had not stayed. In fact, for the past few sunsets, he had been off on his own. Staying in any one place for an extended period of time was not in his nature and his stop in the forest had held him for quite some time. Adventurers were supposed to continuously gather information to one day return to the Oasis. But, he had not yet even thought about continuing on. That had begun to worry him.

Now, he was simply focused on visiting Blizzard Star to see if he could potentially be of help and to check in on how things were. Perhaps they could share a meal and the squirrel would fill up her stomach. As the frigid winds picked up, his fur was ruffled and tossed, leaving it rather messy and him with a shivering down his spine. He picked up speed as he reached the ravine. The snow was now only in patches after it had heated up for a couple days, yet the cold had returned. It was not quite the warm season yet. The wind only picked up as he made it to the top and nodded towards the guards. One of them, a black warrior by the name of Coalfoot who was 100% npc for the sake of simplicity, meowed, "What can I do for you, Artemis?"

He dropped the prey and quickly answered, "I'm here to see Blizzard Star." Coalfoot exchanged a quick with the other guard before leading the loner into their camp. It was rather late, and most things had died down for the night. Hopefully, the leader was still awake. The dark tom called out to the leader and announced the Oasis cat's arrival. Artemis had made sure not to leave the catch behind and continued to gingerly hold it between his teeth while he waited for the leader to appear. He found himself excited to see her again. Although the past couple moons had been rough, and there was no doubt she would be feeling the effects, but regardless, a moment with the leader was what would likely calm the conflict in his heart for now.

Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 13:11

Blizzardstar was curled up inside her den, her long fluffy fur making the chilly breeze that came in almost unnoticeable. Usually she would like Leafbare a lot over any other season as her coat made the heat on those annoying, even tortuous at times, but after what had happened this leafbare she couldn’t help but wish it would just go away, to let Greenleaf arrive already to save her starving clan from the terrible fate that was starting to loom over them like a crow circling an agonizing hare.

She appeared asleep, but she was way too awake. She had picked up the mask of hope and strength she had dropped during the time she was drowning in grief and despair, she wanted to give her clan hope, not let them drown with her…even if it meant she had to suffer alone and in silence like she was dong at the time. She was willing to carry everyone else’s suffering on her shoulders if that meant keeping her clan going, giving them a thread of hope to cling to until Greenleaf blessed them with the prey and herbs the so badly needed.

Coalfoot’s yowl caused her ears to rise and to hurriedly, and somewhat clumsily, get on her paws and quickly poke her head out of her den to see what was going on. Relief washed over her when her eyes landed on Artemis, at least this meant that her clan wouldn’t need to face another tragedy for now.

With her mask back on, she stepped out of her den. Tail high and elegant steps, a kind yet somewhat forced smile. Only her eyes reflected how she really felt inside, as it didn’t matter how much she tried to hide it, her sad and almost life-drained eyes refused to be anything but a window to her tortured soul. After nodding politely at her warrior and thanking him she turned to her dear friend “Artemis. Greetings, is good to see you around once more”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 18:08

It wasn't hard to see the emotions shining through in her gaze. Immediately his stomach twisted from the excitement that had come from seeing her, into a deepening desire to take away the pain that plagued her and her clan. The cold season had not been kind to the forest clan. As soon as Coalfoot was dismissed, he nodded towards the den and meowed, "Do you mind if I come in? I was hoping to share a meal on this cold night." He tried to keep his voice even, yet soft tones of concern crept in. Hopefully, she did not take it as a bad thing or was bothered by the interest he had taken in her wellbeing. The tom never meant to offend the clan leader by recognizing the emotional exhaustion building up inside her.

She agreed and he followed her into the den. It smelled heavily of the fluffy, white she-cat, telling of the permanent residence she made here. The hollowed out rock reminded him of the dens back in the Oasis. A lot of the clan members slept together. To him, it seemed a little unnatural and crowded. But, this was comfortable. Noticing a bit more gauntness in her expression than usual, he quickly shoved the squirrel towards her. If any cat would sacrifice their own hunger for the sake of others, it would be Blizzard Star. His blue gaze briefly met hers as he settled down, urging her to dig in. By any means, Artemis would encourage her to eat. If it meant offering to go out later, outside the territories, to search for more prey for the clan, he was ready to do so.

"I had meant to leave the territories," he started, rather absentmindedly as he sorted through his thoughts, "but it simply did not seem right to leave yet... I hope you don't mind my constant intrusion." Artemis' unspoken question hung in the air. He longed to know if the she-cat enjoyed his company as much as he did hers, although he also wanted to make sure he was not taking advantage of their friendship.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 21:17

Blizzardstar smiled at the request and stepped away, making a quick gesture with her long tail so he knew he was allowed in. While the den usually was for leaders only she never minded to share it with friends if they wanted to speak privately with her…though in this occasion she knew there was more than just a nice chat in the tom’s mind.

Her experience and innate empathy allowed her to easily identify the worried tone in his voice as quickly as she saw the true emotions held in her eyes. She understood the worry, maybe a bit too well, but with ThunderClan weakened and Sunningrocks still belonging to RiverClan, all that could save her clan now was the arrival of newleaf.

As she stepped in she noticed how Artemis pushed the squirrel towards her. She clearly hesitated, she thought on refusing the meal, or suggest she could get something for herself from the small fresh-kill pile, like one of the small half-frozen voles and mice that had been keeping her fed just enough to not starve to death, but her stomach betrayed her and urged her to take a bite from the clearly fresher and healthier squirrel that the tom had brought with a growl. She guessed he had caught it somewhere else, as no prey in her territory was that well-fed.

“You caught it, you should be the one to eat first, Artemis” She picked a spot on her nest to sit, a bit embarrassed after her own body had caused her words to no longer sound confident and calm, as she no longer could fake to feel satisfied.

She chuckled with his next words, though her chuckle was shorter than usual “It’s always good to have you around, even the clan is starting to appreciate you for what I can see. It’s rare for a rogue to side with a clan, even more to help us” She relaxed slightly, allowing her mind to free itself from the shackles of its suffering even if just for a short time “Plus, you are quite an interesting cat, so talking with you is always a real pleasure”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 0:18

"It is a gift, Blizzard. There is no need for formalities." He dared to pad a little closer and nudged it towards her, eyes almost begging for compliance in this one thing. The tom looked up to meet the leader's eyes again and realized how close he was. His ears heated up a bit and the Oasis tom took a step back to stand a little closer to the den's entrance. A breeze of the cold air, as he stood directly in its path now, caused his fur to fluff up and side-step closer to the sheltered walls. It was obvious he had been flustered by the unnatural closeness to the she-cat. Once he had a found a decent spot, a respectable distance away, the fluffy time settled back on his haunches and waited for her to take a bite.

As the silence crept in and the air hung heavy between them, he searched for something to say. His tail flicked slightly as he dove deep into thought. There was nothing right to say to her now. He had mostly come to check up on Blizzard Star, and here she was, with more weight crashing down on her than before. It was a relief to her at least that his presence was not an inconvenience. Artemis managed a soft smile as he looked over the Thunderclan leader. Even in her distress, she was an undoubtedly beautiful cat. His whiskers twitched at the thought. After a moment, he broke the tension and meowed, "I suppose it is good you're entertained by my stories, or this would be a dull relationship."

Artemis glanced around the hollowed out rock, admiring the smoothed stone and mused after a moment, "It reminds me of home, your den. We each had our own, unlike your warriors who sleep together... does it make you lonely, then?" Some light conversation for now, it was. He was somewhat rambling off the things on his mind. However, already, he'd found a comfort and companionship with the fluffy, white, she-cat. And comparing their two homes made him curious. In the Oasis, it was merely life to have your own nest and sleep alone. Only kits and mates were offered anything different. But, here, they were always so close and constantly sleeping in the same dens. The leader and medicine cats were the oddities. Tilting his head slightly, he waited to hear what she had to say.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 13:03

Blizzardstar’s ears almost immediately lowered with the tom’s words. It felt a bit awkward to have a full piece of prey for herself, especially one this fresh and plump compared to the ones she used to pick on the freshkill pile, after so many moons of convincing herself that she didn’t need to eat more than the absolutely necessary to keep her going, that her clan deserved more the prey caught during this terrible leafbare than herself for way too many reasons.

With clear hesitation she took a bite from the squirrel. Her tongue had gotten so used to the dry, half-frozen meat of the scrawny voles and mice she had been eating lately that she had almost completely forgotten how it was to eat prey like this. She was so focused on the flavor and how much she had missed it that when she returned to her senses more than half the squirrel was already gone. She had basically wolfed it down, the hunger that she had worked so hard to ignore taking over her for a couple seconds.

Clearly embarrassed, she stopped eating abruptly and started to lick her muzzle clean, avoiding the toms’ gaze “A-are you sure you don’t want some?” Her voice was almost a whisper, as she tried to not reveal how embarrassed she felt to him through voice.

His next question, which she was grateful wasn’t directed to her hunger, made her let out a sigh and nod “At times it does. Since I had been a kit I had always sleeping alongside family and friends, sleeping alone…I know it is something leaders are supposed to do, but I tend to find myself wishing to go back with the warriors and sleeping between them again” Sometimes her isolation proved to be a good thing, like in nights like that where she needed to let out some deep emotions on her own, but there were others where she wished to not feel so alone and have the kind support of her clan "Didn't you feel lonely in your home, always sleeping on your own?".

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 23:05

Artemis shook his head slightly, "No, I am decently fed." There was no growl in his stomach, unlike hers. Watching her tuck into the squirrel his whiskers twitched with satisfaction and amusement. Although, he gave no other attention to her obvious hunger. It was obvious how much she did not want to pay attention to herself in this state.

As she spoke, he nodded. Their worlds were so different. It was interesting to hear the stories of her life and experience. His own kithood and training had very unique. In his travels, he had come to find that every cat lived in their own way. The clans were interesting in their ways of being so group oriented. A lot of wild cats followed a system of fending for themselves. The Oasis did not fit the model, and neither did the clans. He briefly wondered what made them become like this. Although, instead of diving too deep into mulling over it, he redirected his attention to Blizzard Star, "That's understandable. I did miss the warmth of my mother at times... but, it was the way of the Oasis. We each made our own dens after kithood and learned to make our own homes. Although, we were still all really close, much like here."

His fluffy tail tip twitched as he remembered home. How many moons had it been now? In his mind, the Oasis was clear as what was before him. As much as he missed it, becoming an adventurer had been the right decision. There was no doubt. It was what had led him here. Something came to his mind and his eyes snapped up, "I hope I'm not keeping you too late. I meant just to stop by... although you have so much going on..." The tom trailed off, looking at the stone floor. It wasn't often he was flustered. But, Blizzard Star had that effect on him. As he awaited an answer, Artemis could not help but picture staying here, comfortable and warm with the beautiful she-cat. His ears heated up once more.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:25

Blizzardstar smiled at him, still slightly embarrassed, as she returned to eat the piece of prey. As much as she wished to, she was way too hungry to give away the squirrel to the rest of her clan…she would make sure to make up for it by taking double turns in hunting patrols for the next couple days though.

Her ears were clearly focused on the tom’s words as she finished her squirrel and licked herself clean after nothing but bare bones were left behind from such meal. It made her mind drift to the hopes of Newleaf bringing back prey like this to the forest…hopes and prayers that she found herself making to StarClan every single night before finally drifting off into the unrestful sleep, plagued by worries and nightmares of the past couple moons…

She was just glad that, at least for once, her mind wasn’t being tormented by such worries. Artemis’ voice and tales putting them to rest even if temporarily. For the first time in a long time, her mind drifted away to lands unknown, beyond Highstones, beyond the twoleg nests, to the lands in the tom’s tales as her mind did its best to gather the bits and pieces to give her an approximate image of what his home could be based off what she already knew.

She snapped back to reality as Artemis stopped speaking, shaking her head a bit as he commented in the time “It’s fine, I was awake anyways. Sleep evades me lately, as you sad I have just way too many things on my mind…and when I do sleep I still see the images of my worries within them, so true rest is rare in these hard times” She purred softly, a clearer mind given the break allowing her to return to her usual kind self. However, the mention of such issues acted much like a pebble in a calm lake, as it soon started to cause ripples which threatened to soon become the now usual tempest that were her thoughts “You are always welcome here, you should know it by now”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 20:18

As soon as she spoke, he let out a soft sigh of relief. It had bothered him to believe that the she-cat did not want him around. However, the sound of her voice and the words she spoke relaxed him. For a moment he simply listened before his eyes flicked to look at the remains of the squirrel. A soft smile briefly lit up his maw. Through all of the stress and the pain and the brokenness, the tom was glad he could do something for her. It was a moment of peace amidst the chaos. Any of the fear in mind melted away and no longer was he flustered, rather content.

Artemis looked over the beautiful she-cat, and not for a moment did he hesitate as he stood up and padded over to her. The fluffy, white tom wrapped himself around her, allowing a purr to rumble in his chest. As he lay next to her, his maw was near her ear and the breath from his words caused her long fur to stir, "As hard as it is, you need to take some time to relax. You can lead better if you take care of yourself, Blizzard Star."

As he spoke, his own words reminded him so much of his father. The Oasis leader had been wise and fair and led with the brilliance of all the ancestors. His eyes half-closed as the memories ran through his head. The warmth from Blizzard Star next to him was a reminder of moons ago when he had shared a den with his mother and his littermates. It had been so long since he had been genuinely close to a cat. For moons, he had trained to live life on his own, to the extent of being left outside of the den for several nights as a kit. Artemis had learned a lot and grown well because of it, yet he had ignored a part of him that longed for connected. Each pawstep on his adventures had been for one mission and one goal, to gather information to bring back to his kin and help others along the way. Not once had he considered his own advice in searching for what he truly wanted. But, in the moment, he couldn't help but think the thing he had been truly looking for was the she-cat next to him now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]   Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Conflict, Conviction, Connection [Closed]
Page 1 of 1