Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Frosted Oats(c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Characters : Alive: (Q)uickfrost (B)luekit (A)vernus Dead:(J)aysong (B)rightpaw OnePaw (Or)angeheart (C)reamfrost (F)rostPaw (D)ark(anyone remember this guy?)
Clan/Rank : (Q)WindClan T1 Warrior, (B)Shadowclan Kit, (A)T1 Rouge
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 640

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 9:33 am

Quickfrost had awoken the next day, right after Oatpaws apprentice ceremony, then headed over to the spot where she’d said she’d been waiting for him. She was excited to train an apprentice, but right after she became a warrior? Was Windclan really that low on mentors? Well, when Windclan trained all of their apprentices they’d have a lot more if that was the case. Her own mind attempting to distract her now looked around. Noticing it was Leaf-bare was a weird feeling. At least she’d have it easier as she was completely white, better for snow hunting.

With Leaf-bare having come already it would start to get cold and she was already feeling the effects of it. She hoped Oatpaw would come-out soon so that she didn’t have to stand in the cold anymore. She would try to train him like Nectarflower trained her, as their friend. To be there when she can. While she was thinking about that she noticed Oatpaw had woken up, she waved at him to come over to where she was.
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 194

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 2:29 am

OATPAW !  --

Cold was the first sensation Oatpaw felt as he stirred in his nest. It was absolutely freezing. As his fellow apprentices stirred around him, all Oatpaw wanted to do was curl up in the tightest ball possible, bury himself in his nest, and sleep until newleaf. And he was so close to falling back into a deep, warm slumber, until he realized with a jolt -

I'm going to be late for training!

He'd nearly forgotten! His first day as an apprentice, and he'd almost slept through it! Excitement and panic stirred him from his slumber. His first training session! He wondered what Quickfrost had planned. Err - if she had anything planned. He felt a sudden pulse of compassion for the young molly. He'd only just watched her naming ceremony - he was tucked away in the nursery with wide, round eyes, bursting with excitement at the idea that he would someday be up there. It couldn't have been long ago, now that he thought about it. But she seemed smart. He knew she'd do a good job, even if she was young. Maybe she'll do even better because of it! He thought as he smoothed his fur with quick, short licks. She knows what it's like to be a young cat. Some of the older warriors seemed to forget that.

Though he'd barely fixed his fur, he jumped to his paws. He couldn't wait any longer, and he certainly couldn't make Quickfrost wait any longer! He shook out his pelt and made his way out of the den with a pep in his step. What would they do first? See the territory? Practice hunting? Ooh - spar? No way, he knew most mentors wouldn't start with battle training. Still, the thought excited him.

Oatpaw's eyes wandered the clearing until they landed on the distinct white molly. She motioned him over, and he pricked his ears toward her, rushing over in her direction. His tail waved behind him.

"Good morning! Sorry for making you wait!" He greeted her with unmistakable excitement, though his eyes rounded with worry. Would she be mad that he was a little late? He glanced toward the horizon. The sun hadn't risen terribly far, pink streaks of sunset still painting the sky. He wasn't too late...

"Are you going to age with grace?" | Windclan apprentice
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Characters : Alive: (Q)uickfrost (B)luekit (A)vernus Dead:(J)aysong (B)rightpaw OnePaw (Or)angeheart (C)reamfrost (F)rostPaw (D)ark(anyone remember this guy?)
Leo Buffalo

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 pm

Quickfrost looked at Oatpaw happily, “your only a couple minutes late, Oatpaw, no need to apologize for something so minuscule” she said happily. While it was cold out, she felt positive somehow, it was something she’d noticed within herself too, more often then not she’d for some reason be more positive. Perhaps it would be for the better when training an apprentice, needing to teach them everything and all. With that she lead Oatpaw into a good area for hunting. “Well, I think the best thing to do right now is by learning to hunt. So you start by sniffing out the rabbit.”

She quickly sniffed out a rabbit to make sure one was nearby. “After you can locate where the rabbit is you can go around that area towards it burrow but not letting the rabbit see you” she made sure Oatpaw was following along with what she was saying. “when you’ve made it to the burrow, you can start to chase the rabbit as it will have nowhere to run. Like this” she made it to the burrow and was staring down the rabbit who still had no idea she was there, then, she gave chase.

She was thankful to Starclan that she was able to show her apprentice how to hunt the correct way, before she accidentally messed up somehow. “and when your done with the rabbit, you can bury it in a place you remember so you can pick it up when it’s time to head back.”

Quickfrost attempted to catch a rabbit costing 5 SP and Rolling… Success!

OOC: Here is the Hunting system if you have any questions about the system feel free to pm me or a staff member either on site or discord!

Last edited by Your Every Day Cat on Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15047

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 pm

The member 'Your Every Day Cat' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
chicago

chicago

Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:06 am

OATPAW

StarClan, it's cold out here, The tom thought to himself, fluffing out his fur against the sharp leafbare wind and suppressing a shiver. Still, he kept his gaze on Quickfrost, trying to pay attention to her every word and commit it all to memory. "I was hoping we'd start with hunting!" He purred, watching her make the killing bite. His stomach growled as the prey-scent reached him, and he rushed forward to help her bury the kill. Though the snow was cold on his paws, he didn't mind it - he was much too excited to be out here, taking his first real steps toward becoming a real warrior. Still, his lungs ached. He gave a short cough, flicking his ears irritably. He should be quiet on the hunting grounds! He was making a fool out of himself in front of his mentor. He hadn't been feeling very well since the Gathering, but he would push through. That's what warriors did, after all.

My turn! Sniffing the air, he kept his nose keen for any scent that might remind him of the fresh-kill pile back in camp. He wasn't familiar with the different scents each type of prey carried, but he had a keen memory, and he was determined to sniff something out! He knew what rabbit smelled like, at least - he'd smelled it just now, with Quickfrost. And his ears pricked as he smelled it again! His eyes followed, and he spotted a somewhat familiar brown shape, sticking out so plainly against the snow. "Watch this!" He said, nudging Quickfrost. "I'm gonna catch the biggest rabbit WindClan has ever seen!"

He crept forward, remembering what she had said. Go towards the burrow... His ears flattened in concentration. He angled himself so that he was in front of the burrow, but still out of sight of the rabbit. His pelt tingled. Quickfrost camouflaged well against the snow with her white fur, but he would surely stick out like a kittypet at a Gathering. He tried to keep his ears and his tail still, even though he still wanted to wave his tail in his excitement. Focus. He took a deep breath, and sprung into action, haring after the rabbit as fast as he could.

But a coughing fit overtook him, and he skidded to a stop, trying to catch his breath. Flecks of blood were left in the snow beneath him. Blood...? But he had more pressing matters. His eyes rounded in dismay as he watched the rabbit flee, and he turned back to Quickfrost with his head lowered, his chest still heaving. He could barely even face her. He hoped she wouldn't see the blood...would she think he was weak? Mousebrain! He cursed, feeling the harsh sting of failure. The heat of embarassment and shame flooded him.

"Sorry, Quickfrost..." He mumbled, turning his gaze back to where the rabbit had disappeared. I would've had it, too!

Oatpaw attempted to catch a rabbit...and failed!
-5 SP / 20 SP (60SP - 40SP from severe illness)

Last edited by chicago on Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15047

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:06 am

The member 'chicago' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Leo Buffalo

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Quickfrost was watching Oatpaw when suddenly a cough came out of the apprentice. She thought nothing of it, she had been coughing on the occasion as well. Until she realized wasn’t he just at a gathering? And he was coughing? It was too late however, he had already sprung at the rabbit. Then Oatpaw had started coughing multiple times, then a cough of blood had made its way out. Was she so bad at mentioning that she couldn’t even tell her apprentice wasn’t fit to train before training him? “No Oatpaw I’m sorry, I should’ve realized sooner, I’ll explain when we are back at camp.” without further explanation she grabbed Oatpaw by the scruff and carried him back to camp. There was no way he’d be able to walk back to camp, she’d seen how Tallshadow is.

Once back, she explained further. “Y'know how there are very sick cats in the medicine den?” she asked. “Well unfortunately, I believe you have the worst of it.” she cast a sad glance at the apprentice. “It’s up to you if you want to see Daisyfang or not, but I’d highly recommend it.” she glanced at the medicine den before finishing. “It’s not your fault for getting sick Oatpaw, just remember that.”
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 11:20 pm

OATPAW

OOC: Feel free to end this where you see fit! I can get this loser treated and we can get right back to mentor moments B)

Oatpaw barely had the energy to protest as the warrior grabbed him by the scruff and started to drag him. "No, no, I'm okay..." He said weakly, his paws feeling like lead beneath him. Curse this cough, he thought, looking toward the hunting grounds with a mix of regret and disappointment. Quickfrost probably thinks I'm useless! Camp wasn't far, but he'd been so excited to begin his training...only to give such a pitiful attempt at catching a rabbit - maybe the saddest WindClan had ever seen - that Quickfrost had cut their session short. He lashed his tail, hoping no cat was paying attention as Quickfrost nosed him through the camp entrance.

Oatpaw listened quietly as Quickfrost explained his affliction, ears flattening with understanding and shame. "The worst of it? He didn't understand. He could walk, he could talk...he was just as fit to hunt as any other cat! "No, I'm okay, really! It's not that bad. Let's go back out. Daisyfang should save her herbs for cats who need them more. I -" Oatpaw was cut off, overtaken by another coughing fit that shook his entire body, leaving more flecks of blood in the snow by his paws. He was feeling worse by the minute. Irritated, he lashed his tail. Why can't I just hunt like the other apprentices? Everyone will be a warrior before me at this rate...

He scraped snow over the blood speckling the ground - his blood - then slowly he raised his head, his gaze meeting Quickfrost's. "I'm fine, really." He said quietly, his pupils rounding with sadness. He was too stubborn to take himself to the medicine den. He'd be fine! He really would! "It's just a little leafbare cough."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frosted Oats(c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frosted Oats(c)   Frosted Oats(c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Frosted Oats(c)
Page 1 of 1