Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

All I Got [Battle Assessment]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9993

All I Got [Battle Assessment] Empty
PostSubject: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 2:36 am

Tigerdane was feeling a bit on the better side for once, and he wasn't going to waste this chance to not cover anything important. So with his free moment, he approached his apprentice, Eveningpaw. He needed to see how far she had come since first becoming an apprentice, and there was no better way to do that than a quick battle assessment. A simple spar should cover it. "Eveningpaw, I want to asses your battle skills today, if that is alright?" He knew the she-cat had been having some complications of her own, so he didn't want to pressure her, but it would still be a good idea to do the assessment.

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7406

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 1:09 pm

Eveningpaw's ears twitched at the sound of pawsteps, glancing up in surprise to see Tigerdance approaching. The leader had been so busy as of late - and the apprentice couldn't blame him. Suddenly becoming leader, getting the Clan settled in a new area along with the sickness that were plaguing most of the cats... She had done her best to keep her paws busy, mainly focusing on hunting but her nearly constant trips out into the moor had come to a sudden halt when Finchspeckle had been reported missing.

Her littermate was a warrior - she was allowed to go off on her own but she had been so sick...Eveningpaw's repeated hunting attempts had been to keep her and Nectarflower fed but because of that she hadn't been there to stop her sister from leaving and... She had continued to hunt while asked - but it had come to a crawl. That was all to say - Eveningpaw had worried about her own training while Tigerdance had been busy...All but in one aspect so when the leader spoke of assessing her battle skills, she felt her blood run cold.

Hunting...Hunting she could do - she didn't like hunting as the prey felt bitter in her mouth when killed by her own paws. She hated robbing a life to feed her Clan but she knew it was necessary - it was just how they were built. They needed meat and she could at least thank the departed spirit of the prey for the sacrifice and StarClan for giving it to them. But fighting? It just seemed so... There was nothing that made them fight each other, it was their own choice and it...It was a choice she couldn't understand. It was a choice she didn't want to make. But...She knew there would be times the choice wouldn't be given, when it came to a predator or if a mean cat attacked her but it didn't ease her feelings on it any more.

"Um...Yeah, alright,"
she finally meowed despite the doubt and fear crashing within her like a raging river. If she wanted to be a warrior - and she did! She...She wanted to make her mom proud, give Nectarflower another reason to smile despite how much they were both hurting with Finchspeckle's disappearance. Fighting was just...Something she would have to accept - it would be asked of her, and she couldn't put her Clanmates at risk. This...This would just be a spar or something, right? No actual cats getting hurt. She...She could do that, she told herself as she pushed herself to her paws to let Tigerdance lead her off to where this 'assessment' was going to happen. She...She wouldn't let them down - she couldn't let them down. She had to be better...

She couldn't be a disappointment.

All I Got [Battle Assessment] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:33 pm

The leader nodded, glad his apprentice agreed to doing the assessment. While he knew she had worked hard when it came to hunting, at least before Finchspeckle disappeared it was important to know the other aspect of being a warrior. Food was important, but if everyone was sick, they needed cats to defend them especially if a predator was to show up.

"We are just going to do a simple spar, between you and me." He knew he was far stronger than she was, but he was going to take it easy on her. At least use all the skills he knew back when he was an apprentice. "Whenever you are ready, go ahead and make your move. Remember no claws." He told her, letting her get the chance to get the first blow in. Win or lose it didn't matter, he just wanted to assess her skills when it came to fighting.

(Tiger is using apprentice stats for this, and has disadvantage to being sick)

Tigerdance:
15/15 HP
30/30 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 4:24 pm

A spar - it was to be a spar. She could...She could do a spar. No claws were going to get used, nobody was going to get hurt. She took in a deep breath as she dropped into a crouch. She could feel her heartbeat in her ears as she stared at her mentor - her leader - and tried to will her paws forward. She couldn't - she... Eveningpaw closed her eyes, forcing in another deep breath. It was shaky - trying to move her mind away from the idea of actual fights to the playful scuffles that kits would get into each other with other - all excited to be warriors one day.

She wanted to be a warrior - she wanted to make her mom proud. She couldn't be a disappointed, she... Her eyes flickered open, exhaling as she flex her paws. She could pretend this was just the same as when kits played with each other, it was about the same other than the actual knowledge they had... So she dove forward, slicing a paw at Tigerdance's shoulder but she quickly backed up once she made contact. She was a WindClan cat, dodging attacks was what she was best at - maybe...Maybe she could win if she could wear Tigerdance out - attack and dodge...Simple enough, right?

Eveningpaw used Front Paw Strike on Tigerdance, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Eveningpaw:
15/15 HP
23/30 SP (-7)

Tigerdance:
9/15 HP (-6)
30/30 SP

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 11:58 pm

Tigerdance was glad that she had been willing to make the first move, ready to dive into the battle at least somewhat. He saw her move coming and was quick to try and side step, turning what would have been a full blow into a simple graze, unable to see a chance for a counter attack. While he wanted to do this just to see how her battle skills were shaping up, he wasn't going to go that easy on her.

Tigerdance used Dodge and Fight, -7 SP.

Eveningpaw:
15/15 HP
23/30 SP

Tigerdance:
15/15 HP
23/30 SP

Last edited by Reaper King on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 11:58 pm

The member 'Reaper King' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

All I Got [Battle Assessment] Mistpe10
All I Got [Battle Assessment] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 5:32 pm

It wasn't until Eveningpaw had backed up that she realized that it struck her that her blow had been dodged - so hurried in her effort to attack and escape. Tigerdance was fast - of course he was fast, they were WindClan! She wasn't big, her paws would struggle to match his pace but she had to try. She threw herself forward - charging straight at Tigerdance...But this time she was expecting him to dodge and instead slipped past him and threw herself at his tail - mouth quickly closing around it. She was careful not to bite down too hard to break skin but tugged on it. If this was an actual battle, she knew such a move could throw somebody off balance but she...She didn't want to hurt Tigerdance so the tug was rather nonfunctional. She quickly let go as she hopped away before he could turn around fully, determined to keep her distance and if anything, wear him down.

Eveningpaw used Snap followed by Desperate Blows, costing 7 stamina and dealing 6 damage.
Tigerdance takes -1 damage due to Moor Runner.

Eveningpaw:
15/15 HP
16/30 SP (-7)

Tigerdance:
10/15 HP (-5)
23/30 SP

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 6:48 pm

"Good, good." Tigerdance commented as she had anticipated the dodge this time. She had latched on to his tail, tugging in a manner that didn't do much damage, but very clearly go her point across. He was going to round on her, and give his own counter before she created distance between them one again causing him to move closer to her. The leader quickly delivered his own blow to the she-cats side.

Tigerdance used Front Paw Strike dealing 6 damage, - 7 SP. Moor Runner is active.

Eveningpaw:
10/15 HP (-5)
16/30 SP

Tigerdance:
10/15 HP
16/30 SP (-7)

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 8:44 pm

Eveningpaw's ears perked as her mentor praised her, feeling her cheeks go warm at it. She didn't feel like she was doing anything amazing - she was so nervous about every move and she knew if this was a real battle she...She would be doing even worse but it still felt good to be praised...But it was short lived as she glanced over at him, her eyes going wide as Tigerdance closed the gap. A gasp escaped her as she darted forward - trying to use her smaller size and speed to circle him but felt his paw strike her side. Her tail swished as she spun quickly, jumping forward to make the most of their close distance as she reared up on her paws to cuff her mentor on the ear. She dropped onto her paws, dropping into a ready crouch to see what was going to be his next move.

Eveningpaw used Front Paw Strike on Tigerdance, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Eveningpaw:

10/15 HP
9/30 SP (-7)

Tigerdance:
5/15 HP (-5)
16/30 SP

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 3:15 pm

Tigerdance was glad she was making appropriate moves. While this wasn't the real thing, she was still functioning well in the spar. Hopefully she would be able to translate all of this to an actual battle against a predator or an enemy cat. She made her own move, using their closeness to her advantage to counter successfully and positioned herself in a good spot to make a move as she needed. Instead of using paws this time the leader darted forward, aiming to bit his apprentice's side.

Tigerdance used Snap dealing 6 (-1) damage, -7 SP. Moor Runner is active

Eveningpaw:
5/15 HP (-5)
9/30 SP

Tigerdance:
5/15 HP
9/30 SP (-7)

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 3:26 pm

A surprised yelp escaped Eveningpaw as Tigerdance lunged towards her, jaws open - and closing close enough to her that some of her longer fur was caught in his grasp. She stumbled away, wincing as the strands of fur were pulled free - paws scrambling to catch herself as she started to lose her balance. Her eyes were wide, completely thrown by how close Tigerdance had been to actually biting her. S-She knew he would never actually do so but honest fear started to hammer in her heart now that she had a glimpse of what a true battle would be like.

She quivered, ears slicking back as she tried to swallow past the fear. Training, this was training - it was just a practice spar and she wasn't going to get hurt but... Her paws wouldn't move despite her urge pleads to her own body to continue the fight. She was so close! Her breath was coming quickly, before she screwed her eyes shut and blindly launched herself forward and rammed into Tigerdance with everything she had left.

Eveningpaw used Jumping Strike on Tigerdance, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Eveningpaw:

5/15 HP
2/30 SP (-7)

Tigerdance:
0/15 HP (-5)
9/30 SP

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 3:39 pm

The startled yelp had surprised the leader, causing him to not react in time with her next move. Was she surprised? Scared? From his actions? He wasn't sure. He hoped he didn't startle her, that was the last thing he wanted. The striped tom was gentle when he pushed his apprentice off of him from her last move, sitting up to face her directly.

"We will call it there, you are very capable of defending yourself." He stated to her, finalizing his thoughts on her assessment. "Also I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. That was the last thing I wanted. Let's head back to camp okay?"

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 4:07 pm

Eveningpaw's eyes only dared to flicker open when Tigerdance had started to carefully push her off of him, surprised as she realized that the battle had come to an end. Had she...Won? She stumbled back, landing on her haunches as she watched him get up - calling the spar officially over. She had won, and yet it didn't feel her with pride. The moment he had taken her by surprise - that she was reminded what an actual battle would hold had led her to freeze and she had only managed to 'win' by charging blindly.

Her ears perked however as he apologized, causing her to shake her head. "N-No, its fine! I'm sorry, I just...I wasn't expecting it and I..." she drifted off, trying to find the words as her tail swished behind her. It felt foolish, apologizing for it - she knew he hadn't meant it. That he wouldn't have hurt her but the sight of his teeth nearing her - imaging what would have happened if he had meant to harm o-or had been a wild animal had... "It just took me by surprise, that's all," she meowed softly as she raised a paw, scrubbing at her face before she pushed herself to her paws.

She...She would have to do better - get over her fears. She could handle herself in a spar maybe, but that would mean nothing if she froze up the first time she was in actual danger. She...She had to be useful to WindClan, she just...Had to figure out how to go about it first. She nodded her head at his suggest to return to camp. "Yeah, that sounds good...Momma is going to be so proud to hear that I did well," she added with a purr - trying to keep her spirit up. It would be good to just focus on the positive.

She did it. She had completed her assessment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I Got [Battle Assessment]   All I Got [Battle Assessment] Empty

Back to top Go down

All I Got [Battle Assessment]
Page 1 of 1