Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Creepy Crawlies [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 213

Creepy Crawlies [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 15:00

mossykit.  --

Mossykit was remarkably bored.

He didn't have any friends to play with. Not that he wanted to play. Not that he was surprised that his denmates didn't seem to particularly enioy his presence. But it would've been nice to have the option.

He watched the other kits play, something between longing and affection buried deep in his gaze. That could be me. Other cats didn't seem to like him, though. They said he was strange. All he ever really did was say what was on his mind.

With a heavy sigh, he began to look around for something he could play with. A leaf fluttering by. A worm he could watch. Anything. His parents were out of camp. They had always been unconventional, apparently. Sometimes it seemed that his Clanmates felt sorry for him. But he loved his moms. He didn't understand what was so bad about them.

As he looked around, his gaze fell on something. Something moving, just barely in his field of view. Something glorious.

A beetle!

He slowly fell into an awkward crouching position, scooting closer to the beetle with wide eyes. He didn't have cruel intentions. He just wanted to watch. Luckily, it didn't seem terribly afraid of him. Rather, it was crawling slowly, unbothered, toward the makeshift nursery's exit.

With his body low to the ground and his tail high in the air, he followed it.

"I miss my friends that I pretend I don't need." | RIVERCLAN
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 18:41

To Littlekit, it seemed that Mossykit might not be interested in friends, but he quickly determined that simply could not be true. What cat wouldn't want someone to play with? Still, the little grey and white tom had no desire to be intrusive when it came to his denmate. He sat back on his haunches and watched for several moments as the other kit crawled after something. Littlekit tipped his head to the side. Never having seen such a creature before, his eyes grew wide.

Several long seconds passed as he weighed the agonizing decision to step forward and break the silent. Finally, with soft paws, he crept forward in a crouch. Stopping a mouselength away, he mewed softly, "What is that thing?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 7:09

There was a considerable mental coinflip going on in her mind as she watched some of the youngest of Riverclan's members play. On one paw, there was significant envy at their energy, their ability to move and pretend to hunt without the burden of responsibility. Or, more pressingly, illness. On the other paw, perhaps it had been due to her mother's lineage, she respected their youth. Didn't want to get too near for fear of getting them sick with something that she felt could so easily cost them their lives, given just how harshly it was that Murkyriver felt. In fact, she had to turn her head away as a sneeze forced its way out of her, the pressure causing her ears to ring and the dizziness a bit stronger than it should have been.

Once she was no longer fighting off a wave of symptoms, though, the kit's question reached her ears. What is that thing? Looking, she attempted to find just what it was the other kit had underpaw, when- ah. She caught a flash of the bug's shell.

Words never came easily to her. Never had, never would. But she could observe the youth playing before her, and she crept forwards to insert herself more closely to their play. Whiskers twitching, she debated whether or not to provide the answer, but instead opted only to continue to observe. Only because she didn't have the strength to go out and hunt, at least.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 20:09

mossykit.  --

Mossykit blinked, looking up to see one of his denmates. Littlekit, if he remembered correctly. Is he talking to me? He was a bit shocked at this new interaction. He wasn't sure he and Littlekit had ever exchanged more than a few words.

His pupils were still widened with interest and excitement. Having a stranger by his side, oddly enough, did not change that. He wasn't reclusive, not exactly - rather, he tended to draw away on occasion, worried that other cats might make fun of him or sure that his presence would almost certainly ruin their mood.

"It's a beetle." Mossykit answered, keeping his voice low. He was still worried about scaring the insect away. He wanted to study it for just a while longer.

A sneeze made him turn his head as he shot up out of his best, clumsy version of a hunter's crouch. A molly was approaching. He wasn't sure he knew her name, but he'd most definitely seen her around. Then a thought occurred to him - perhaps she's scared the beetle! His head whipped back toward the insect, seemingly in its own world as it crept around the den. He breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank StarClan." he mumbled. He shifted back into his careful position.

Hesitantly, he glanced back over at Littlekit and the molly, unsure of his next words. "Did you know beetles actually can't see very well? They rely mostly on vibrations. My mama told me mice are the same way." He kept his voice low, hoping the beetle wouldn't be too disturbed by their speaking.

"I miss my friends that I pretend I don't need." | RiverClan Kit
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 8:55

A beetle? Littlekit tipped his head to the side, peering at the creature and trying to memorize its shape. This thing was so much smaller than a cat, and even a vole! He found it to be smooth like a pebble at the lake's shore with a pelt just as dark as a starless night. His eyes widened and his tail flickered with excitement. Warmth blossomed in his chest as Mossykit responded rather than shrugging him off. There was nothing he loved more than basking in the presence of a clanmate, and enjoying activities together.

A sneeze caused his ear to flick. His denmate's jump was more of a shock than the earth-shattering sneeze. He'd grown up with such sounds ringing in his ears. Littlekit turned his head to look at Murkyriver and greet her with a warm smile before turning back to the beetle when Mossykit piped up again. His thoughts started churning. Maybe he could learn to be like mice and beetles, feeling the ground around him to make up for the slight impediment on his vision. Seeing the world in his way was something he was used to, and hardly slowed him down. But occasionally, he wondered if it would make hunting harder. Or battle.

"Woah." Littlekit muttered incredulously at the thought, "Do you think I could be like a beetle too?" Maybe if they studied the creature long enough, all of its secrets would be revealed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies [Open]   Creepy Crawlies [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Creepy Crawlies [Open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: