Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ever The Naive One[solo]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

Ever The Naive One[solo] Empty
PostSubject: Ever The Naive One[solo]   Ever The Naive One[solo] EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023 - 0:32

She had been lied to.

Copperlark had opened her eyes, expecting the brilliance of stars to light up her world, and the pelts of all her loved ones crowding around her to welcome her. That was what she had been told would happen. That was what she had been promised would happen. But she wasn't in StarClan. Oh no, she was in a place covered in thick fog. There wasn't a single cat in sight, but shadowy figures padded past at the edge of her vision. Whispers rang out all around her, crawling under her skin and making her ears ring with irritation. She tried calling out to them, but her voice stuck in her throat and wouldn't leave. Why couldn't she talk? Why couldn't she feel her tongue?

Where was she? Had there been some sort of mistake? She wanted to cry, the tears she had been unable to shed in her living moons sprining easily to her eyes now. Her throat was still wet... she didn't dare look down, afraid of what she would see. No, there must be some sort of a mistake. She would just have to make her way out of this cursed place and find StarClan herself!

Copperlark looked down at her paws. Where- where was the ground? She took a step forward, but her paw slipped right past the mist, and she quickly pulled herself back on... whatever platform she was on. Green eyes looked over the vast, seemingly never-ending plain of fog. There were areas that didn't have ground underneath the mist? What kind of cursed place was this? The edge of StarClan or something.

Copperlark squeezed her eyes shut, then opened them again and began sliding her paws across the sandy surface until she found the edge, then began trailing her paw along the edge. Eventually, slowly, she made her way along. I can do this. I can fix this mess. She had to.

Stars, it hurt so bad. Why was she here? Why had she ever been born, only to never find peace? Copperlark raised her head and let out a soundless wail to the unseen stars, singing a haunting song of pain and rage and grief. Let me out! You promised! You... promised...

Shrewkit... where are you? I'm so sorry I let that daisy die. I'll get another one for you.

Shrewkit, I'm sorry I hit you too hard. I'll bring you first pick of the fresh-kill pile later, promise.

Shrewkit, Blazefang's babying Cloudykit again! Let's go play with Cedarkit and Amberkit instead.

Amberkit's playing with Fawnkit again, they're so oblivious.

Hey, Curlyfluff, how are you always smiling like that?

Ridgecrest is such a nice cat!

Firefly brought in a new kit, her name's Peonykit, she looks okay.

Shrewkit, Shrewkit, Shrewkit, Shrewkit

Shrewkit, Cedarkit, Amberkit, Fawnkit, Peonykit, Curlyfluff, Ridgecrest... what? Who's Bird?

Ever The Naive One[solo]
Page 1 of 1