Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 4:18

Smallstar exhaled, releasing the pent up stress that had accumulated during the day's travels. Not only did he have the travelling to worry about, but everything still had to keep moving. Ceremonies still had to be held, patrols still needed sent out, and a medicine cat still needed to step into the role.

Looking down at his paws, he had gathered enough moss that could make a nest large enough for himself, not that he would be the one sleeping in it. He just had to ensure it would be comfortable enough for Daisykit, which he hoped it would be. With the kit having come to mind, he looked around for her, finding her not far off, perhaps with her littermates. "Daisykit." He softly called the kit's name. "It's time." The sun was beginning to set, casting it's long shadows across what little ground that could be reached through the canopy. It was suffocating.

Although he'd done it multiple times throughout the trip, it still made the leader uncomfortable to a degree that Starclan was only able to really communicate through dreams right now - not that there was really anything he could do about it. When Daisykit had joined him, his gaze flickered back and forth between her and the nest. "I'd have liked for this to have been at the moonstone, but.. This is the best we can do right now." He sounded defeated, almost. "So, instead, you'll fall asleep here, and Starclan will reach out to you in a dream." Or, he hoped.

A final effort to summon the stars, he mumbled under his breath. "Starclan, I present to you this kit, who has nobly pursued the path desired by her ancestors, separating herself from her littermates. Please, guide her, grant her the same wisdom that you once granted me. Please, welcome her." It was a plea, for both Daisykit as well as Windclan as a whole.

He raised his voice this time. "Daisykit, if you are having any doubts, now is the time to voice them. Otherwise..." He turned to face the setting sun. "... rest, and your ancestors will come to you."

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 5:56

Daisykit’s small ears perked as she heard Smallstar’s summons. A bolt of excitement tingled down her spine. Tonight was the night. She squeezed herself out from under Molepaw and Berrypaw, where they had taken to sleeping lumped up together in a warm fuzzy pile. The bi-colored she-cat’s fur caught the fading light as it slipped between the trees, dusting her in the last warm tones of the dying daylight. She padded softly around her settling clanmates, clearing a weaving path to where the WindClan leader waited. “The best we can do will have to be enough.” She said, with a respectful dip of her head. Less formally, she brushed her white-tipped tail against the older tom’s shoulder, just briefly in fleeting reassurance. Her leader’s tone didn’t make her falter, or even give her pause. She was unblemished by the heavy hands of time, fresh and vibrant in the face of it. Misfourtante and tragedy events beyond her fathoming had worn grooves into Smallstar, but she was whole and sharp still, happy to lend her optimism even in the uncertainty they faced on the daily. She was confident that despite the hardships and the general sense of being misplaced, something good would come of this whole adventure. “Things will work out as they’re meant to be, we’ve gotten this far haven’t we?”

And maybe her confidence was misplaced, but Daisykit had never done anything by halves. She had complete faith that their journey would lead them somewhere better. She worried about the cost, in the back corners of her mind that weren’t cluttered with whirling questions and the bright joy of adventure that each new day brought. But it was a far-off fear, dulled by the ground they resolutely covered each day, and the small flame of hope that warmed her chest, undaunted by wind or rain or the ever-changing terrain. She had her clan and her family and her unshaken faith, it was enough for her.

Smallstar’s muttered string of words were half buried under the forest noise, but they fell as soft and reverent as a prayer over her. The dusk followed the slow-bleed of sunset colors from the sky, casting them both in silvered half-shadows. Her bright amber eyes glowed like the setting sun in her face, meeting Smallstar’s gaze as confidently as she had when he first asked her. There was no room for doubt when the future breathed close down her neck, and her sense of duty slammed  a war-drum in her chest. It urged her towards a divergent path, casted her feeble skin in stone and marble, shoring her up for others to lean on. Now that it had been offered to her, like the pomegranate seed and the careful reach of Persephone's slender fingers, she could not refuse. “I’ve no doubts. If StarClan accepts me, then this is my path, and I'm ready to walk it.”

Daisykit stepped into the carefully constructed nest, settling down with her nose tucked under her tail. Even with the flickering pulse of excitement stinging under her skin, sleep had always come easy to her. Perhaps it was slightly strange, to close her eyes against the deepening shadows without the steady breaths and warm bodies of her siblings to lull her into stillness. But she felt safe in Smallstar’s shadow, and she was not afraid when the dark closed in around her.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 15:31

The fields were quiet, calm, and still.

Out to the horizon the moor stretched, a stunning landscape of hollows and rises, fields of starry flowers, old abandoned dens in which to shelter from the sun’s heat and the occasional burst of undergrowth that sheltered more exotic prey. The sweet smell of flowers and moor-grass hung in the air, accompanied by a breeze that danced around the newcomer as if to welcome her, tugging at her fur, whispering of the wind in her ears and the exhilaration of running until her heart gave out. Perhaps she would recognize this as a star-clad copy of WindClan territory; perhaps she had been too young when she left. It mattered not.

“Hey. Kid.”

The molly that appeared, seemingly melting out of the long grasses, looked so much like a WindClanner and yet so little like a medicine cat. Aye, her build was lean and her limbs long, but her tortie pelt was marred with countless scars, her ears shredded and a long, deep scar trailing across her throat. Something firey and passionate burned in her eyes as she surveyed the newcomer, a wildfire that had not been smothered by death itself. Despite the roughness of her appearance, when she spoke, her chipped fang turning her smile to a crooked grin, her voice was warm.

“Heya, Daisykit. Or should I say, Daisypaw, hmm?” She flicked her tail against the young molly’s flank with that crooked grin that had been so characteristic of her in life, warm mischief dancing in her gaze. “Doubt you know who I am. My name’s Hentooth- yeah, don’t laugh, I know hens don’t have teeth, it’s a long story- and, stars, there ain’t many who would remember me. Smallbean’s one; y’know, he was a medicine cat way back when, and I was his apprentice. M’ son became a meddie as well- again, long story, but I didn’t break the code and you shouldn’t either, there’s somethin’ called extenuating circumstances- so I’d say I know a fair bit about the whole medicine cat deal.”

Hentooth knocked her shoulder gently against the younger molly, tail flicking. “And you’re gonna be a fine one, kid. It’s gonna be a lot, don’t get me wrong, an’ sometimes maybe you’ll wish you were a warrior, but you ain’t. You’re something more, kid, and if the warriors are the Clan’s fangs and teeth, to keep us safe, then you’re the heart, makin’ sure they have somethin’ left to fight for. It’s more’n just herbs. It’s bein’ able to watch a cat bleed out on the sands right before your eyes, an’ bein’ able to move on to the next one and not blame yourself. It’s knowing how your Clan ticks, the complicated web of love ‘n’ hate that makes up WindClan and yet could tear it apart. It’s a lot, kiddo, an’ you’re young for the job, but hey- I believe in you, kid.”

A moment’s pause, the wind whistling in their ears. It was difficult to imagine more of a stark contrast; Hentooth’s ragged, scarred pelt next to the plush, petite figure of a much younger molly, but the old medicine cat liked what she saw. Determination. “Any questions, afore I get ta herald you by your new name or whatever? Not gonna lie, kiddo, I’ve only done like three ceremonies in my whole life an’ death combined, an’ I’ve never been on this end afore. It’s nice to see there’s still some fire in WindClan.”
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 17:34

Daisykit was nervous, or maybe excited? Either way the feeling was so strong it buzzed in her ears like the beating of moth wings. The rolling excitement and curiosity and wonder tumbled around in her gut like a feather in the breeze, tickling her insides until her whole body felt unsettled and jittery. It made her want to sink her claws into the unnaturally cool grass, or worse, spill a moon’s worth of questions onto the faintly shimmering Starclan cat in front of her. She shuffled her paws, perplexed at the familiar and not familiar texture of the grass. Everything here was subdued and dusky, fainter and less vibrant than the real territories. Quieter too, even the rustle of the star-flecked grass was fainter than in life. But it felt like home, the sweet heather and the soft-tufted clouds that whispered as they brushed past the stars. The rolling, unending fields felt familiar in that unnameable, intrinsic way that couldn’t be described in any terms other than the steady thump of her heart, or the most stubborn, resilient marrow knocking around inside her bones. It locked into place in her chest, nestling up against her heart. Her tail flicked, up down, up down, to match the wild writhing of her insides, the good feelings coating her stomach in a gentle warmth and reigniting that ever-burning fire of curiosity in her eyes.

“I’m so excited to be here. I almost don’t know what to ask.” She said, lifting her head to look the she-cat in the eyes, it was the respect she was owed after all. Hentooth’s scarred appearance didn’t put off the bi-colored molly, it only piqued her curiosity more. In front of her was a cat who had seen many things and felt even more. The young she-cat looked up at the tortoiseshell medicine cat, clinging to every word with an intense concentration, like if she even blinked she might miss something. And she wanted everything. Any tidbit of advice or knowledge to be had, she wished she could sit here forever, listening to Hentooth’s warm voice blend with the rustle of moor-grass, sink her claws into every detail and ask for another story or ask another question. She purred softly when Hentooth knocked her fondly on the shoulder, it reminded her of tussling with her littermates and the easy companionship she often found with them. You’ll be alright. And maybe Daisykit had once expected to charge into battle shoulder-to-shoulder with her littermates, a vigilant second set of eyes to watch their backs. It was nerve-wracking to see her path diverge, such a drastic split from the rest of her family, but it filled her up with pride too. She wanted to learn, she thirsted for knowledge, she desperately and wholehearted wanted to know everything she could, store up all the information she could find and hoard it for the dark moons looming ahead. But even if everything took to crumbling, she felt confident she had Hentooth’s eyes on her, and her own strength to fall back on. She was not one for falling apart, and maybe that’s what WindClan needed in times like these.

Any questions? Was a dangerous thing to ask Daisykit, but she knew Hentooth’s brain was not for picking. Everything she had shared already was a gift. “I guess I’ll just ask for your blessing, everything else I want to know will come later. I know this path is not an easy one to walk, I'll do everything in my power to look after WindClan.”  Daisykit said firmly, squaring her shoulders and lifting her chin, cutting a small but solid figure against the star-flecked sky. She would fling herself into fire for her family. She would shred herself to ribbons, scrape away any part of herself she could reach if it meant preserving them, preserving her clan. She was not afraid of anything. She was WindClan’s, bound to them in blood and heart. She was StarClan’s, tethered by her faith. She did not do anything by halves afterall.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 17:58

Ah, yeah, she liked what she saw. Spunk, fire, and determination; even in such a small package it reminded her of herself, trailing along to the Moonstone behind Smallbean, so cockily confident in her own capabilities. Perhaps…

“My blessing?” Despite herself, Hentooth let out an amused snort. Her blessing? The blessing of a cat who had screwed up her relationship with her brothers, with her friends, her sons? Her mistakes had broken trust and Code alike, and yet- and yet she had come out the other end still standing. She could give that, the memories of a life spent on the open moors, one filled with passionate nod fire. “Such as it is, kiddo, sure. It’s always been there, on you an’ alla WindClan. We are WindClan; we stand together, in death an’ in life, now an’ forever. One last piece of advice before I send ya off, though: keep that fire in your heart under control. Don’t let it blaze out of you without your permission, whether it be with tongue or teeth. Wait. WindClan- WindClan has a reputation for medicine cats who speak out at the worst times, who don’t have the tact and common sense to talk to their leaders, who don’t seek advice, who follow their hearts until they’re led off a cliff like dumb lemmings. Don’t let that be you, eh?”

With those last words, Hentooth took a step back, flicking her tail with a crooked grin. The wind whistling in their ears crescendoed, shrieking and crying out, calling for them to run, run, throw themselves into a wild sprint and chase the sun until it disappeared beneath the horizon. “Daisypaw, I hereby officially declare you WindClan’s next medicine cat apprentice. You’ve got this, kid.”

A dip of her head, and the wind reached fever pitch, screaming and shrieking and screeching, the stars fading into black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1