Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] Empty
PostSubject: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 20:49

This place is pretty dead... By which I mean, there's nothing to kill.

Ajex had not meant to follow the Clans on their mouse-brained journey, but with the territories becoming so lacking in recent times that not even foxes or badgers dared to set foot in those lands, he had no choice but to follow along. The ginger tabby recalled his fights with the warriors before, and set off with a much more joyful gait. Now, the loner found himself peering over a hill to the mass of cats gathered beyond. Just like flies, he thought to himself as his watchful gaze swept over each scar-filled pelt. Already, his paws were itching to have a go with these warriors, but he held himself back long enough to notice another cat just a few tail-lengths away. This one didn't have the scars some others had, but he almost didn't mind it. Her fur was beautiful enough without the honor with victory, he decided.

Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 22:30

Egretswoop
“I will always fly back home.”

While many of her clanmates had accepted their decision to leave the forest, Egretswoop had been far less capable of adapting. It had taken her moons upon moons to become adjusted to the typical hum of life that the forest had produced, and it had been moons of headaches and ear pain that she had learned to grow alongside. Finally, it had faded away, allowing her to function as an at least seemingly-normal member of the forest. She had found herself comforted by the fox pelt she wore, its weight being particularly useful in keeping her grounded. All too easy was it for her to dissociate when the senses all became too much, all fighting for her attention at any given moment.

Then they had decided to leave.

It was all ripped away seemingly in an instant. The gatherings were already a guaranteed source of head pain for the pale-pelted molly, so much so that she found herself always having to take the next day simply resting in the warriors den to be able to function afterwards. But now that they were leaving the forest? She found herself in perpetual pain. It was as if she was back in the midst of a gathering, but tenfold. So many scents burned her nose to the point she breathed as little as possible. So many sounds of voices, moving paws, rustling pelts, and foliage being disturbed that her ears seemed to be permanently glued back to her head. Even just the sea of pelt colors threatened to overwhelm her to tears multiple times, so she kept her gaze down directly at her paws. She could practically taste every single cat's scent on her tongue to the point she had a hard time keeping anything down. All of it was too much, far too much.

She had pushed herself to creating pelts for others to attempt to survive the torrential weather as some semblance of a distraction. It was all to keep her from behaving, from lashing out at the cats around her. To say she was on-edge was an understatement, and she had hid herself so thoroughly beneath her fox pelt that she truthfully wished to become one with it. But this was one of the rare times she had taken it off to groom her pelt, to check her own wounds. Having gone to fight a badger had left her with particularly nasty scratches along her underbelly, deep enough to surely scar the soft flesh. It meant she moved with a particularly ungraceful hunch for a few sunrises, and only just recently had she even been able to stand normally. Her belly still was rather sore from the wounds, and she assessed them for any signs of worsening as her pelt rested aside her.

Not much longer after, though, she once more hid beneath the fox's pelt. It had been kept immaculate despite their journey, as grooming the fur had been a self-soothing ritual to her much as wearing it was. As she pulled it onto her back, there was the color of vibrant flame that pulled her attention in the slight distance. Had she not been on such anxious alert, taking in another quick and sharp breath that would hopefully last significantly longer than the last, she would have dismissed it. Exhausted, honey-colored eyes looked that way, seeing the frame of a cat that did not look like they were of the forest. She did not dare taste the air, for she knew it would not reveal her any useful information with the mass of cats that existed not too far away. So instead, she pushed herself away from the crowd, moving slowly in his direction.

It would have looked as if she was stalking a piece of prey, had she not been so obvious in her movements. Keeping herself somewhat low to the ground to protect her weakened body, the fox-hidden warrior got close enough only to be able to converse without having to shout. Instead, her voice could speak in a melodious murmur. "You exclude yourself," While not the sweetest of words to introduce herself with, it was a simple statement of fact. "Why? Are you well?" Her honey-colored eyes peeked through the fox pelt that stayed around her frame, a hint of sweetness that lurked beneath the otherwise lethal predator's appearance. She dared not approach any other cat without it on.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 10:53

It had been a while since the rouge found himself at a loss for words, but now no sound left his mouth as he starred at the she-cat. Where did he start in this beauty that he had been presented? Her voice was a sweet as the fox's pelt adorning her was fierce, a pale milky white like wisps of cloud changing to a darker, thicker coat. Where had she learnt to extract a fox's pelt? Ajex itched to ask her, to inqure how she had managed to capture her victory and turn it into something so majestic and beautiful. But, he decided, it would be an impolite way to start the conversation.

The tabby let an easy smile slide over his features, a polite dip of his head serving as greeting, and with an air of quiet embarrassment swept his tail towards the gathered cats down below. "I simply assumed that my presence would not be welcomed so close to these Clan's kits and elders," despite having once been among them went unsaid. Did he miss his old Clan life? Perhaps. It wasn't because it was easier, or because he wanted to not do some things himself. If anything, he prided himself on his ability to take care of himself, herbs and all, without another cat's help. No, it was a longing for companionship. He had not been close with his mother after his father's death, but at least he had the elders to converse with, and the occasional warrior that would play with him. He had someone to listen to when the moon was high and the camp was silent. He had someone to give his attention to, even if it was only fleeting.

As a rouge, every face he met was twisted with the hostility of an enemy. Some were kinder, but the wary light never left their eyes. For all his love for battle, it was getting tiring for each fight to be filled with desperation and fear. Did no one else wish to embrace themselves and look to get stronger like he did? Was it that hard to enjoy a fight?

But this she-cat showed no signs of hostility. Just a gentle curiousity that could be gifted to any stranger. Ajex hesitated for just a heartbeat, then added in a tone as soft as her's. "What about you? Why are you all the way out here?" A harmless tilt of his head revealed a childhood habit he had never quite gotten rid of. He had a feeling the she-cat wouldn't mind it.

Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 12:45

Egretswoop

Reverently, the fox-pelted feline awaited an answer. Though her fox pelt was also of a pale hue, it had warmer pigments that her true fur did not, giving the haunted look to the warrior as she peered beyond its covering. The way it clung to her as if it were actually her own fur meant she moved easily beneath it as well, no longer in fear of the possibility of it falling away simply due to a misplaced step. It allowed her to look with curiosity, a need to know as she still stayed the fox-length or two away. Just close enough to hold a private conversation, but away to where she could flee if she felt any semblance of danger. If she were to admit the truth, though, she felt as if she were in danger at all hours of the day while in the mega-cluster of cats that dwelled in the forest they left behind.

His answer was met with a singular blink as she processed the answer. "So you do not pledge allegiance to a Clan," She commented. It would have been easy in that moment to allow hostility to linger in her tone, the subtle threat being slid as a warning that he very much had assumed correctly. In actuality, it stayed clear away. Being of outsider blood of her own right, it meant she always had a slight affinity towards those that did not ally themselves beneath one of the five banners that marched within the forest. Though... affinity was perhaps the wrong word. Innate intrigue more accurately described how she felt.

As he tilted his head to the side, she found herself mimicking the motion. Social instances were perhaps her most beloathed activity, but in moments she could take cues from those she had chosen to converse with, it became a subconscious tactic in allowing a feeling of connection. They both held some amount of curiosity towards one another, and that meant that the chances of hostility were slimmer than what they otherwise would have been from one who decided defenses were the immediate answer to a problem. His question did not fall upon deaf ears, either, as much as she sometimes wished she were deaf to have an ounce of silence. "The roar of all the traveling forest is not one I handle well. So, I take sentry on the outskirts, and produce pelts that help others keep warm." Her tail flicked in gesture towards where she had been working not long before. A collection of predators that had been felled, some with their pelts drying, others untouched. They would all be worked through before they moved again.

"What is your name? I wish to call you something other than Outsider, if that is acceptable."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 21:51

As he had expected, the she-cat made no sign of aggression. Why couldn't every cat be like that? But of course, such softness could only be borne from a place where protection was as common as leaves. No rouge would be alive if they did not strike first. Most warriors held the aggression they had because it was what they were raised with. It was an insult to a rouge's pride, to claim that Clan cats were worthier of the title "warrior" than rouges were. It was not these "warriors" who had to sleep with an eye open every night in the event that a predator should come and decide they were a suitable meal. It was not these "warriors" that had to fight with teeth and claw every day for a few scraps of food. And it was not these "warriors" that shared where they could, ever kind in their long solitude of blood and claws.

This she-cat was, of course, much kinder than her companions. She was as naive as they were, but at least she did not make herself to be the rightful one. After all, they were out of their territories. If anything, they were the ones tresspassing, and yet they had the gall to continue chasing out the land's inhabitants as if they alone were the rightful ones. The she-cat continued speaking, sharing the secret behind her badges as she did so. Ajex's paws itched to get ahold of one such pelt, but knew he would want to make one himself.

"I'm sorry to hear that the sounds of your home are such heavy burdens," Ajex finally spoke, a gentle soothing voice meant to comfort the she-cat before him. She was but a child, was she not? No matter how old she was, she still had her clanmates to rely on, and thus never had to fend for herself. Just like a kit with it's mother, she had never left this home since she set foot there. "My name is Ajex. Yours is...?" He asked, still as gentle as ever but with a light of harmless expectation in his eyes that he knew would not be refused.

Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 11:01

Egretswoop

The sounds of your home are such heavy burderns,

That was a sentiment that made her ears flick. Was it her home? Not entirely. "Though I ally myself amongst them, home remains something much more intimate. It does not reside among them." Egretswoop stated, flattening her ears back just slightly as a particular surge of noise rose from behind her. Perhaps there were two warriors sparring, and the Clans were simply observing. There had been a number of those assessment-style battles. Though the song of war called to her very blood, she did not answer it, not unless it was entirely necessary. It wouldn't make her look good to allow that side of her out without being properly checked.

Ajex. The name rolled off the tongue simply. So he did not in fact belong to any of the clans. That fact was stored away tightly, though it did not change how she spoke. If anything, it simply prompted the dilemma of which of her names she introduce herself by. Blinking for all of a heartbeat, she spoke. "Milk." A singular, firm word. The parts of her fur that stretched beyond her fox pelt made it obvious why she carried such a name, as the pale tufts of white were akin to what kept kits alive. "Make no mistake, I bear a clan name as well. But I do not believe it is one you would care for." Her tail flicked.

For a moment, she pondered asking about why it was that he followed the Clans. But it only took a heartbeat to settle upon the answer-the forest simply couldn't sustain any life. He'd known of Clan structure, of knowing their kits and elders, and that much also caught her suspicions. "Were you once a Clan cat?" She had not heard of any other cat announcing themselves by a name such as hers, and to her knowledge, no other Asylum-borne lines existed beyond Riverclan's borders. So why did he bear a rogue name, but also know of their titles of elder and kits? They were a closely-guarded secret to those that did not know the structure of Clan life.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 3:44

"Ah," Ajex said simply, a flash of surprise and... satisfaction? flashing through his eyes. So, even if she wasn't a rogue, she understood what it was like to not ally yourself with someone simply because you were told to. Just because they were there seemed to be a good enough reason for plenty of Clan cats to pledge their loyalty to them. He could sense her tense when the sound of battle was carried by the wind to them. His own claws slid out, an action done out of instinct rather than thought. He had had too many run-ins with predators or hostiles rogues to not react immediately. His gaze fixed on Egretswoop. To control oneself so easily, and to know with conviction that a battle cry was one made in safety... what a life she must have had.

Milk. It was a simple name, one that did not belong in any Clan, but her reason for being in a Clan with such a name was quickly explained. His eyes traced the she-cat's milky white fur, nothing where is blended into a soft cream hue that reminded him of clouds in the early morning, just after dawn. "Milk is a beautiful name, and fitting. May I ask how you came to have such a name?" Ajex asked, lacing his voice with gentleness and sweetness.

"Exposed already?" Ajex laughed at Milk's question, "I suppose I shouldn't have expected to have something go unnoticed by one as observant as yourself." He pondered how he should explain. His story had been repeated only a few times, and to very few cats. Milk might be the first Clan cat that he admitted his origins to. "I was born in the Clans, but left before I was apprenticed. You could say I left for the same reason a rogue might join," He supplied simply, though his friendly expression made it clear that he'd answer as many questions as Milk had.

Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 22:50

Egretswoop

Instead of passing the judgement that would have been expected of a cat in her position, the molly simply dipped her head. "A conclusion that garners increased respect, given the particular style of courage it takes to still appear amidst the Clans in that position." She nodded. After all, it did take strength to self-exile oneself from their homelands, only to still exist in such close proximity.

Looking back towards the pelt that she had been working on, her gaze stayed for just a moment before flicking back to the tom. "To exchange for lack of violence on my behalf, I request your assistance on a personal craft. A hearty meal will be the token you part with for your assistance as well, as I do not find the carcass of a predator useful in feeding kits." Whether he took her on the offer or not, well... she wouldn't care.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 5:56

Ajex hummed at Milk's conclusion, letting the she-cat fill in the silence between them when he didn't say anything. He couldn't resist the smile that tugged at his maw when he heard Milk's request. "In exchange?" He asked, leaning forward slightly to give the she-cat a teasing smile, "And what if it should be you that should be grateful that I didn't attack you?" He was confident in his abilities as a fighter, and if Milk actually was able to best him in a spat, that'd just meant that he'd learnt something new to use in future fights. "But I suppose a fight with a predator would have to be enough to satisfy me," Ajex concluded with a sigh. As much as he liked the thrill of battle, he wasn't about to charge into a hoard of warriors and get his pelt shredded. Besides, he liked Milk so far, and resolved to stay well-behaved while in her presence. He did, however, pout at the notion that eating predators were not a delicacy. "A pity," He grumbled, "Foxes tastes way better than mice."

PostSubject: Re: I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]   I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Was Born In These Lands And Left; You Were Born Out Of These Lands But Stayed[C]
Page 1 of 1