Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

fight like our own [training, closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

fight like our own [training, closed] Empty
PostSubject: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] EmptyThu 7 Sep 2023 - 19:27

For all of the honor that she held in her paws and upon her shoulders in the mantle that was her title, it was hard not to feel it slip in the presence of many of her new clanmates. The bloodlines that they had been blessed with carried with them the genetics to produce large felines, ones with much taller and stockier builds than her own. She was the smallest of Thunderclan's warriors, even of the apprentices, dwarfed mere sunrises into a new apprentice's training. It kept her humble, that was for certain, but it also meant that she posed a particular threat when fighting. While she had no desire to see her claws drawn anytime soon, she had noticed how the general population of the forest had gotten taller. Lankier. It meant she could slip beneath them more easily, striking at vital points that resided beneath a cat rather than above.

That also meant that she could train her apprentices and warriors to guard against such tactics. She was to save her own tricks for the battlefield, but not allow them to harm her clanmates. Tail swaying side to side, the tortoiseshell still easily slipped into the den that housed their plethora of fledgling warriors. "Crocuspaw," Mottlestar purred out, her voice rumbling softly right into her apprentice's ear. "Meet me outside camp."

Stars, how she had missed getting to keep an apprentice under her wing. Far too long had it been since she had the excuse to go on such a private patrol, but that was aside from the chats she took with her deputy. Seeing her get better had allowed a significant weight to lift off her shoulders, but Mottlestar gladly would have carried it for as long as possible.

Waiting for Crocuspaw to appear, as soon as she did, Mottlestar dipped her head in greeting. "We'll be teaching you proper Thunderclan battle tactics today. Your instincts are stronger than most cats, though, so I wish to throw in a challenge as we train. I fully believe you'll succeed."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] EmptyThu 7 Sep 2023 - 19:40

Crocuspaw might have fallen back to sleep if it was any other cat that softly rumbled in her ear to get up, but this was not just any cat, this was Mottlestar. She did not keep her waiting for long, only long enough to shake most of the heavy drowsiness from her body, that was. Upon exiting the camp, Crocuspaw made her way to Mottlestar, dipping her head in greeting in return, although she had to dip her head quite far down to be equal to Mottlestar. Her mentor was quick to break the news, and Crocus felt whatever sleep still gripped her body melt away like water; Battle training! Finally! But something intrigued her, Mottlestar said she wished to throw in a challenge.

"A challenge? If you think I'm ready sure I guess." Uncertainty made the large apprentice hesitant, even if she would be taught by her miniature leader. Crocuspaw hadn't had any prior experience, would it really be wise to already be challenging her? Even if she had stronger instincts than most, or so Mottlestar claimed.

fight like our own [training, closed] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] EmptyFri 8 Sep 2023 - 21:02

Even with the hesitance, the vocal affirmation was all that the tortoiseshell needed. With more information, the leader was confident she could assuage her apprentice's fears. "Don't worry, it's not too big of a challenge. Instead of learning to fight close to camp, I'm going to take you farther into the territory." It would have been a one-way trip to Starclan to have challenged Crocuspaw to something like a predator battle without any proper training. Though, it was unfortunately a tale that many apprentices had to tell. Hunting trips ruined by another set of hungry jaws, or simple border patrols that ended in ill-fated encounters. Truthfully, it bothered her how often it happened, and was part of why the leader went on routine patrols purely to eliminate the beasts that seemed to enjoy ripping at her clanmates. Such thoughts were cleared from her mind as she signaled Crocuspaw to follow her, though, and her mind re-centered back on their training.

"Ideally, most apprentices learn to fight in the sandy hollow. But I'm going to take you to Snake Rocks. There are plenty of predators that like to live here, and apprentices are forbidden to go alone. However, the vermin have been shy as of recent times. So, while we work on your battle skills, I also want you to be aware of what is around you. Take the sounds you hear into account, and how they might change your battle strategies. You won't be fighting them-not at all, that'd just be cruel-but being aware of other enemies on a battlefield is extremely important." Hopefully, her explanation calmed any anxieties rather than caused more of them. Still, she didn't want to simply bark around orders without giving her apprentice any time to discuss. "Do you have any questions? Any at all? Even if it's as simple as 'what should you be listening for,' no question is a dumb question. It could even be entirely unrelated to training." It wasn't lost on Mottlestar how some of Crocuspaw's littermates and outside-blooded kin looked at her. Naturally, they would look at such a small cat with skepticism. She welcomed it, however. Being able to take that challenge on in stride and show them she was capable of leading would help them in ultimately assessing the other cats of the forest. Some shared her small stature, though many were on the larger end. Skyclan especially... she wondered how Crocuspaw and Birdstar would compare to one another in height. Sorrow temporarily rippled through her chest at the idea of the other leader, the thought of Trufflesnap's bitter end in her den flashing by.

No more murders, Mottlestar thought to herself. She was here to train with Crocuspaw, to help inspire and shape the next generation of Thunderclan's warriors. She hoped... no, begged that they all had gentler hearts.

Arriving at their destination, it was only a few more fox-lengths before the leader would turn around. "Alright, question time. What are the weakest points of a cat? How would you protect them in battle?"

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] EmptySun 1 Oct 2023 - 19:46

Crocuspaw nodded intently, focusing on Mottlestars every word. An anxiety filled her as it was announced they were going to Snake Rocks, and as Mottlestar prattled on she grew even more nervous. Most predators lived there, and apprentices were forbidden to go there alone; but here Mottlestar was- taking her right to the heart of danger it seemed. Crocuspaw's inner mantra chanted that she was not ready for this, that maybe this was a little bit intense for a new apprentice - but here she was, facing a challenge that she would have no choice but to take on.

Okay- Okay good, she wasn't actually going to be fighting anything that was good she was just going to listen- Oh it was quizzing time. "Erm... I'm not sure. The eyes? My weakness I think, if I was fighting you, would be my belly. I'm much bigger and you're much smaller, much harder to hit and keep an eye on... but in general? In every cat? I don't know." Crocuspaw looked away albeit bashfully, embarrassed and feeling silly for not knowing the answer. She didn't pay attention when she scuffled with her siblings, instinct and not a care in the world- should she have?

fight like our own [training, closed] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] EmptyThu 5 Oct 2023 - 6:37

As they were at Snakerocks, Mottlestar's own ears were on high alert. Thankfully, it seemed more than quiet for the time being. Perhaps their presence had meant that the creatures had scuttled away, and if that were the case, it would mean Crocuspaw simply had been able to go where no other apprentices were allowed. Part of her was more than fine with giving her apprentice that confidence-boost, the bragging rights that sometimes made the highlight of one's day. Still, there was a part of her that nagged this was actually a silly idea. Taking an inexperienced apprentice to snakerocks? Sure, she was the leader, but the chance for injury was high. It was too late to go back on her word now, however, even as she seemed to be rethinking some of her actions.

No, she was confident in what she was doing. She sat just a little bit straighter as Crocuspaw gave her answer, and an encouraging smile settled permanently onto her gold-specked maw. "Your belly, yes. That is a weakness for you, and for any cat. I have an easier time protecting mine because I am smaller, I can just crouch and most cats cannot strike me there." Mottlestar shifted herself to be able to demonstrate, crouching just slightly down. As she did, she made sure to position herself in such a way to demonstrate the awkward placement of it for any cat who wanted to bat their paw at the soft flesh. "The eyes are a good weakness, too. We rely a lot on sight when fighting, as well as our whiskers. The only other weakness to be aware of is our tails. If they're pulled-it's very easy to be stunned." All of her feedback was given in a voice that spoke of no disappointment in her apprentice.

"Thank you, Crocuspaw, for letting me know when you aren't sure. It helps me help you." She commended, hoping to ease some of the embarrassment that rose in the apprentice before her. It took guts to be able to admit not knowing something, especially when knowledge was such a large point of pride.

"When it comes to protecting these weaknesses, though, obviously no cat is going to go rolling about the battlefield to keep their belly hidden and their tails tucked in. So the most important thing is to be aware of your body, and where your opponent is. If they look like they are going for your belly? Swing your hindquarters around, so they meet your flank instead. But as you do that, keep your tail tucked by you, so it does not take the hit." Mottlestar demonstrated, using a small nearby tree as her target. "That is just one way. We are known for our strength and being hard to disrupt in battle, so as you fight, picture you are the roots and trunks of a tree. That no opponent can uproot you. But also, do not be afraid to pull on your instincts. Your lineage gives you unique gifts, and it would be wrong of me to squash those." She commented, once more nodding towards Crocuspaw's frame.

"How about... we do a spar? Use your instincts, so I can assess how you naturally fight." Mottlestar prompted. "No claws, and teeth enough only to put pressure. Whenever you're ready, you can make the first blow."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fight like our own [training, closed]   fight like our own [training, closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

fight like our own [training, closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory :: Snakerocks-
Jump to: